• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata TGS gameplay love-thread (read rules)

jj984jj said:
The battle system looked like Baten Kaitos + Star Ocean + Tales of for me.
Code:
              Wolfteam
                    |                                 |---> Team Destiny
  Tri Ace  <---|----> Tales Studio --->|
     |                                                |---> Team Symphonia
     |-----> Tri Crescendo
     |
     v
  Tri Ace

I really like how the game looks, soudns and plays...actually, more appealing to me than the 2 two other rpg, you know which ones. But...it seems Tri Crescendo has something against me choosing to develop for the platforms I don't plan on getting first :/

Core407

Banned
Hitler Stole My Potato said:
1099_0015.jpg

That picture alone made me want this game more than anything else.

Helznicht

Fixed Cameras allow less memory to be used in an engine and inturn, allow more detail. Luckily RPGs are the only genre I find them remotely acceptable.

Soul4ger

What's the release date for this game? The more I see, the more and more I want. Xbox 360 really has some games this gen that I really want. I'm excited about it, honestly. :)

manxor

Thanks for the gameplay vids with audio! Downloading now... :)

EDIT: Sweet! 720p! Why can't I get HD videos of everything from TGS :(

LevelNth

Banned
Am I allowed to say that this game impressed me more than LO or BD? It looks really nice (not so much technically, but artistically is WOW) and it looks to be doing something cool with the battle system. Definitely a nice surprise. What's the word on a release date?

OT:
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Code:
              Wolfteam
                    |                                 |---> Team Destiny
  Tri Ace  <---|----> Tales Studio --->|
     |                                                |---> Team Symphonia
     |-----> Tri Crescendo
     |
     v
  Tri Ace
Wait. Like the 16-bit developer, Wolfteam? Holy crap! I had no idea that these guys were the basis for Tri-Ace and the Tales teams. Interesting. There goes any chance of a Granada remake I've always wanted to see.

nitewulf

saw the video from blimblim's site, and im having a hard time believing how good this game actually looks. kiddy stuff isnt my thing but damn if it isnt pretty.

klee123

LevelNth said:
Am I allowed to say that this game impressed me more than LO or BD? It looks really nice (not so much technically, but artistically is WOW) and it looks to be doing something cool with the battle system. Definitely a nice surprise. What's the word on a release date?

Same here, this game looks way more interesting than BD and LO combined in my opinion.

ghibli99

The low number of replies in this thread is a great injustice. I guess it was kind of eclipsed by other games at TGS, but after watching the trailer and seeing the screens, this is one of my most anticipated games on any platform right now.

ghibli99 said:
The low number of replies in this thread is a great injustice. I guess it was kind of eclipsed by other games at TGS, but after watching the trailer and seeing the screens, this is one of my most anticipated games on any platform right now.
Yeah I agree, I'm looking forward to this one ahead of all the other RPG's recently announced by MS, though those look amazing as well. I thinks the combination of art style and battle system make it seem both familiar and new at the same time.

MS said all the demo's at TGS will be available for download so I hope they keep their promise and this game amongst others will be available soon.

duckroll

Pseudo judo said:
MS said all the demo's at TGS will be available for download so I hope they keep their promise and this game amongst others will be available soon.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I wish. T_T

duckroll said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I wish. T_T
:lol Yeah, I know. I'm hoping they were just holding out until X06, seeing as some 2% of Japanese who own a 360 are connected to live, I'm hoping MS just didn't bother putting anything up until later this week.

No bubble burstin' mo' fo'.

duckroll

After watching the Gamespot videos in more detail, I've noticed another gameplay element in the game - a combo system. Since this thread has been bumped I'm going to update this piece of info in the OP too. :D

The game's combo system is represented by a chain bar (displayed as a bunch of stars starting at the bottom right of the screen) that grows as you use only regular attacks. At first each 4-hit combo will increment the bar by one star, and later it grows only with each successful 8-hits, and so on.

The combos stay even after enemy turns, so as long as you don't use a special attack, the chain keeps building. The combo chain stays even if you use non-offensive specials (like Polka's Orange Cure) and items. It appears that the chain bar might be linked to the power of special attacks, because with the bar at 32-hits, Polka's Shade Comet did over 800 damage, but afterwards it only did about 120 damage.

This system is especially visible on the 4th Gamespot video in the battle against the boss.

ghibli99

duckroll, thanks for the new info!

MickeyKnox said:
What a gorgeous game. I really hope we see a new real Breath of Fire game with a similar engine.
Or a new Chrono one! :cries tears of hope:

after watching the playsyde vid, this game has a very nice style, very nice... Still vastly dislike the design of the female character though ugh

peace

ghibli99

I can't stop staring at the environments in this game. They make me feel the same way I did when I first saw those screenshots of Grandia on the SS back around 96. I just wanted to go exploring in them and soak up everything they had to offer. Hopefully VP2 and FF12 will numb the pain I'm going to endure until this game comes out in the US.

Top Bottom