• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official US/JP PLAYSTATION 3 Launch Thread

JB1981

Yup. Just called. Confirmed that I'm not getting one. My store was supposed to get 16 and they're only getting 8. No PS3 for me for a while. :(

*Removes Blu-Ray movies from Netflix que.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Copied from the other thread..

DarienA said:
Oh god this news story apparently gets even funnier!

Gamestop/EB is now scrambling trying to figure out how this news item got out already, as it wasn't suppose to come out till LATE this evening. I just got a call back from my asst mgr because his district mgr wanted to know where the news item was posted for that reason.

A comedy of errors...
holy ****, same thing happened.
I talked to the person at my local ebgames just a minute ago on the phone. I told her about the gamespot news story and she sounded kinda mad, she was asking me all these questions like where did you hear it, what employee told you that we were getting 16 units in a month ago, telling me all this stuff about store policy that employees are not supposed to tell things like that. She was asking me wtf he looked like, and im no snitch so I told her I forgot (not trying to get somebody fired for telling me how much they initially were planning to get).

but shit im ****ing worried now. she said she would call the reserved customers within the next 1-2 hours to let them know.

I'm pissed, I don't want to get bumped to the second shipment because of some ****er who plans on selling his ps3 on ebay.

Yikes. I wonder if the guy I spoke to at lunch knew. He did indicate they'd be doing them in order, and I'm #1, so I should be OK.

This is going to make the ebay prices that much more insane.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Sad thing is, she sounded certain she wasnt getting the full 16 units, not exactly saying, but saying she would call the reserve customers within the next couple hours was the icing on the cake. I know I'm not getting one from them now. ****!, guess I have to take my money and hit up a target or something. >_<

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
JB1981 said:
So does this mean 400k by year's end and not at launch?
Not necessarily. It could mean that retailers such as Best Buy, Circuit City, and Walmart getting more units than EB/Gamestop.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
SWEET!!! :D
ebgames just called me back, im definately getting ps3 on friday. :D

*bb does a little dance around the room. :lol

Bad_Boy said:

anchor2.jpg

:D

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Bad_Boy said:

Lucky ****er. :mad:

EB better give me the same news or I'm ****ing killing somebody.

AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elios83

Oh dudes think about europeans,what is worse than waiting till December?
Of course!Waiting until March or later :lol :lol :lol

Diagol

I wonder what my chances are then...I was number 8 out of 8 pre-orders....

Man, I'm kinda nervous...

Either way, at least I'll be getting a Wii on Sunday.

RavenFox

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Its not a new HDTV standard :p

Its a resolution supported by newer CRT Monitors and some LCD Monitors.
Thats true. If you guys rememebr the vid with Phil Harrision showing the XMB interface at a private showing after TGS you will see the screen is actually running in 1440p. It states it right on the monitor.

Bad_Boy said:

VAUGHN: I don't wanna go in there.

TAYLOR: Whatever happens, keep it to yourself until you're outta the locker room. Don't celebrate in front of guys who just died.

HAYES: What if we're one of the deceased?

Hopefully enough people have seen Major League to get the joke ;)

M3Freak

Banned
fugimax said:
My Friday will look like:
1 x 60GB PS3
1 x Extra SIXAXIS
1 x PS2 Memory Card Adapter
1 x Resistance

That's exactly what I'm picking up. Although...I'm starting to consider buying a 2 SIXAXISes...

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Straightballin said:
What number in line were you and how many were your Ebgames goning to get?
8 in line, she didnt tell me how many they were getting currently. was too excited to ask actually. :lol

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
VAUGHN: I don't wanna go in there.

TAYLOR: Whatever happens, keep it to yourself until you're outta the locker room. Don't celebrate in front of guys who just died.

HAYES: What if we're one of the deceased?

Hopefully enough people have seen Major League to get the joke ;)
:lol I seen it, I love those major league movies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
ferrarimanf355 said:
Have fun with your new toy this Friday, and remember to take pictures. :)
Well I would, but no camera on me, I'll try to grab one from a friend, although it wont be much different from everybody else's pictures. on the other hand I would like to take pictures of the store opening on friday, I'll see.

Bad_Boy said:
Well I would, but no camera on me, I'll try to grab one from a friend, although it wont be much different from everybody else's pictures. on the other hand I would like to take pictures of the store opening on friday, I'll see.
Stupid question, but what TV are you going to use for your PS3? And did you get the 60GB version or the 20GB version?

RaijinFY

Elios83 said:
Oh dudes think about europeans,what is worse than waiting till December?
Of course!Waiting until March or later :lol :lol :lol

Well if they stick to March, It's not going to be that frankly. Look at the "lackluster" launch titles, we will get much more from day one, what about firmware updates too? ;)

Of course, they have to launch the damn machine at March not later...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay people. I'm going to call them and report back.

If there's no PS3 for Kevie, I'm afraid I will have to kill some bitches.

*busy signal

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
ferrarimanf355 said:
Stupid question, but what TV are you going to use for your PS3? And did you get the 60GB version or the 20GB version?
old 2005 model 720p LG 40", but the family is planning on getting the samsung 1080p DLP 56" in late november, trying to catch a black friday sale.

And a I got a 60GB unit, mainly for the wifi and the memory stick slots strange enough. I could always buy another hard drive so that wasnt really my biggest concern. But I do plan on taking advantage of the extra HDD space. ;)

Bad_Boy said:
old 2005 model 720p LG 40", but the family is planning on getting the samsung 1080p DLP 56" in late november, trying to catch a black friday sale.

And a I got a 60GB unit, mainly for the wifi and the memory stick slots strange enough. I could always buy another hard drive so that wasnt really my biggest concern. But I do plan on taking advantage of the extra HDD space. ;)
As I said before, if I do get a PS3 down the line, it's the 60GB model, for the built-in wi-fi and memory card slots. I'll happily pay an extra $100 if that means less clutter and more free USB ports. Oh, and what games did you get? Accessories? You planning on checking out the backwards compatibility, or are you keeping your PS2, just in case?

Bebpo

Banned
So umm...Ncsx says the first ten PS1 games are up and are 2000yen ($20) each. But everyone in Japan said there are no games up and no prices...

Hmm.....

Elios83

RaijinFY said:
Well if they stick to March, It's not going to be that frankly. Look at the "lackluster" launch titles, we will get much more from day one, what about firmware updates too? ;)

Of course, they have to launch the damn machine at March not later...

Yeah that is true (actually there could be the opposite risk,too many great titles to buy at launch without money and time to buy and play all of them,Motorstorm and Heavenly Sword have priority in my list anyway) but I would have preferred to have it this November. PS3+RR7+Resistance+PS2games+a few BR movies would have been sufficient for this holyday season to me :D :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Bad_Boy said:

I am in the same boat man, EB called me at work about my pre-order, at first i didnt know what was going on. He said that they can only hold it for 24hrs. I guess i best go there tomorrow and pay that baby in full.

Bebpo

Banned
cvxfreak said:
HEY SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME BIOHAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

2000 yen WTF :(

If true that pricing is BAD. REALLY BAD.

But I will wait until someone with a PS3 and a Jpn credit card can go to the store and confirm/deny before getting upset.

jarosh

Bebpo said:
So umm...Ncsx says the first ten PS1 games are up and are 2000yen ($20) each. But everyone in Japan said there are no games up and no prices...

Hmm.....
that can't be true. that'd be terrible

cvxfreak

Bebpo said:
If true that pricing is BAD. REALLY BAD.

But I will wait until someone with a PS3 and a Jpn credit card can go to the store and confirm/deny before getting upset.

I will pay 2000 yen for a PSP Biohazard. :(

Can the games get sent to others via a PC?

Bebpo said:

Hmm.....

It really wouldn't make sense for them to be up since you can't even use them at the moment since there's no 3.00 firmware.

lunlunqq

oh shit... just called my EB about ps3 reorders...

me: hi, i saw an online message saying that you won't be able to fulfill all of your ps3 pre-orders... is that true?

EB guy: Yes.

me (surprised by his frankness): uhh... can help me check if i can get one on day one? my last name is...

*10 seconds of silence... me started to get a bad feeling...*

EB guy: You are all set.

me: so i will get one on day one?

EB guy: Yes.

me: oh ****ing YEAH!...:D :D :D

i don't know how many my store is going to get. i'm #9 in line. i can image what if i receive a phone call saying that my ps3 pre-order is cancelled. there must be quite a few angry games out there now...

DCharlie

Banned

Hmm.....

there was nothing up last night, so unless they went up this morning... :/

will check out what i can.

SSX : you could still play the games on the PS3 though couldn't you?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
ferrarimanf355 said:
As I said before, if I do get a PS3 down the line, it's the 60GB model, for the built-in wi-fi and memory card slots. I'll happily pay an extra $100 if that means less clutter and more free USB ports. Oh, and what games did you get? Accessories? You planning on checking out the backwards compatibility, or are you keeping your PS2, just in case?
yep, 60GB ftw. atleast for me.

Getting:
Resistance
RR7
NBA 2k7
Madden 07
extra controller
used eyetoy

plan on renting genji and untold legends day 1
I do need to pick up bully, ffxii, and okami but I think I'm gonna wait for a sale.

Bebpo said:

Hmm.....

they should be giving ps1 games for free....this is the killer app...killer in terms of killing any interest I have in buying any of those deals....buying a ps3 for ps3 games...any of that is a bonus...or not

peace

Top Bottom