• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Ramirez

I don't know, I think ints are a little more important then dropped passes. Also you do have the option of running zone blitzes. Either way I did pretty good even though I somehow had the wrong playbooks on offense and defense. I usually have a cb on the TE in nickel which would've helped.

Except all of the drops were 1st down drive killers...the last one was dropped 2 yards from your endzone and eventually led to you taking the lead because I had to settle for a FG.

DAT TEBOW

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/115299215

I almost broke a controller on this one, and I never do stupid stuff like that...video doesn't really show the defender right behind the guy, ball is tipped, juggled, and caught, hooray.

And yes, I'm salty.

Ramirez

No..but I think I should use them as I beat Well ie and might have knocked him out.

Can't have a CPU team in the playoffs lol

DCX

I really doubt the Browns make it in, especially if all of their remaining games are played with subs.

Oh, I didn't realize Wellie lost today...I still think it will be Smokey and MMK...

TheCrow

Except all of the drops were 1st down drive killers...the last one was dropped 2 yards from your endzone and eventually led to you taking the lead because I had to settle for a FG.

DAT TEBOW

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/115299215

I almost broke a controller on this one, and I never do stupid stuff like that...video doesn't really show the defender right behind the guy, ball is tipped, juggled, and caught, hooray.

And yes, I'm salty.
All I see is a WR that actually tries to make a play for the ball. There's no juggling, just a good catch. I had to scramble to the other side because my center, #77, let his man walk by him.

And my defense forces drops because the DBs try to strip the ball out of the receivers hands as soon as they catch it. Its risky because sometimes the receiver breaks the tackle and it becomes a even bigger play.

Ramirez

All I see is a WR that actually tries to make a play for the ball. There's no juggling, just a good catch. I had to scramble to the other side because my center, #77, let his man walk by him.

And my defense forces drops because the DBs try to strip the ball out of the receivers hands as soon as they catch it. Its risky because sometimes the receiver breaks the tackle and it becomes a even bigger play.

hahahaha, you're trolling me now. That catch was tipped, juggled by both players, and your guy landed with it. You can't see it in the video because it's zoomed out.

Do you have special DBs that none of the rest of us have? Where is the option in the menus to make cpu DBs go for a strip after a catch?

TheCrow

hahahaha, you're trolling me now. That catch was tipped, juggled by both players, and your guy landed with it. You can't see it in the video because it's zoomed out.

Do you have special DBs that none of the rest of us have? Where is the option in the menus to make cpu DBs go for a strip after a catch?
That's not what I saw.

By actually watching my defense over 3 seasons I kinda pick up on the tendencies of my players especially when I almost exclusively play man coverage. I see them cause some big drops every game like the ones today. Sometimes I even manage to switch to the DB and manually go for the strip.

Ramirez

That's not what I saw.

By actually watching my defense over 3 seasons I kinda pick up on the tendencies of my players especially when I almost exclusively play man coverage. I see them cause some big drops every game like the ones today. Sometimes I even manage to switch to the DB and manually go for the strip.

Pretty sure I had more drops in that one game than I've had all season combined.

Speaking of defense, I have 2 Safeties and my best NT out for pretty much the entire playoffs, one and done here I come! I still think fatigue/injuries are bugged the further you go in the OF, multiple times tonight my guys were red after 1-2 plays, and on offense I had a WR turn gray after 4 plays? I hardly ever saw people even get yellow in the 1st 2 seasons, doesn't make any sense.

TheCrow

DAT TEBOW

HLK0a.png

Yes I now it's early in the week

Ramirez

rigged. kaepernick has never been on the list even though he has been the #1 rated QB in the league basically from week 1 on. oh well, i'll take the superbowl instead of an award!

His stats are completely average because you haven't passes nearly as much as the rest of the top QBs. Nothing rigged about that!

His stats are completely average because you haven't passes nearly as much as the rest of the top QBs. Nothing rigged about that!

lets see. he:

1. leads the league in QB rating
2. leads the league in completion %
3. leads the league in YPA
4. has good rushing stats

he's basically punished because i had a bunch of blowouts for most of the season and didn't pass as much. but it's not like my YPA are low... infact they are the best in the league :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
lets see. he:

1. leads the league in QB rating
2. leads the league in completion %
3. leads the league in YPA
4. has good rushing stats

he's basically punished because i had a bunch of blowouts for most of the season and didn't pass as much. but it's not like my YPA are low... infact they are the best in the league :D

5. chokes when he plays CB

Ferny

Slardar's ult with Riki is killer. Especially when their Brood was thinking she was still hidden in her web with my ult on her lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CB's first game and he gets the Win...

I gotta get a new set up. or atleast a new mouse. im using an old USB one since im playing on a laptop and that shit cost me a few times.

I also had atleast 2 kills stolen from me. I figured id be quick to grasp the very raw stratagy and battle part of DOTA since i played a ton Starcraft and Diablo and generally know the types of games. The items and hiding in the shadows and all that extra stuff will take some time for me to get.

My goal was to try and avoid contact with the other team when alone and not shit the team up. Mission Accomplished.

Edit: I can COMPLETELY see how this can take over some peoples lives (Luke Smith)

LukeSmith

I gotta get a new set up. or atleast a new mouse. im using an old USB one since im playing on a laptop and that shit cost me a few times.

I also had atleast 2 kills stolen from me. I figured id be quick to grasp the very raw stratagy and battle part of DOTA since i played a ton Starcraft and Diablo and generally know the types of games. The items and hiding in the shadows and all that extra stuff will take some time for me to get.

My goal was to try and avoid contact with the other team when alone and not shit the team up. Mission Accomplished.

Edit: I can COMPLETELY see how this can take over some peoples lives (Luke Smith)

theforce-luke.jpg

You've taken your first step into a larger world.

LukeSmith

Also, I clown on DCX a lot, but today he deserves props.

He probably trashcanned both DM and Wellie's playoff shots in the same day.

bluemax

Banned
CB's first game and he gets the Win...

The other team has almost no reliable hard CC, you won't get that lucky too often.

Mein Gott, I threw 12 of my 30 INTs in my first 4 games. Including that ghastly 6 pick game against the Vikings.

Also for funsies:

Career Ryan Kaiser Seahawks 72.55 416/715 58.2 6315 15.2 49 65
Career Peter Newcomer Browns 92.5 384/583 65.9 4789 12.5 28 21

I'm so horrible at passing :(

Of course Newcomer has had an actual running game to rely on :/

Top Bottom