• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Mrbob

Ramirez, such a whiner even after a win!

I don't mind the weather. I think it makes you have to strategize differently for the game. When I played the Packers I had 4th and 3 from the 31 when the game was tied at 10 in the 3rd. Normally I would kick a FG but I was against 19 mph winds, so I went for it instead of kicking a FG I knew I couldn't hit. Ended up getting a first down and scoring a TD.

Best part was I could feel the saltiness emanating from Eznark on the next drive. He went full no huddle and should have went 3 and out, but decided to o for it on 4th and 6 from his own 20. He converted but on the next no huddle playr he threw a taint, and got hit by some karmic justice!

eznark

Banned
Ramirez, such a whiner even after a win!

I don't mind the weather. I think it makes you have to strategize differently for the game. When I played the Packers I had 4th and 3 from the 31 when the game was tied at 10 in the 3rd. Normally I would kick a FG but I was against 19 mph winds, so I went for it instead of kicking a FG I knew I couldn't hit. Ended up getting a first down and scoring a TD.

Best part was I could feel the saltiness emanating from Eznark on the next drive. He went full no huddle and should have went 3 and out, but decided to o for it on 4th and 6 from his own 20. He converted but on the next no huddle playr he threw a taint, and got hit by some karmic justice!

No salt! It just freed me up to enjoy myself. That was unfettered enjoyment.

Mrbob

Haha, I see! Well at least we all free to do what we want now! :D

McNeily I can play after 9 central tonight or after 4:30 central tomorrow. Don't have to worry about Knox or Brooks in our match up! Still out for a few more weeks. :/

eznark

Banned

McNeily I can play after 9 central tonight or after 4:30 central tomorrow. Don't have to worry about Knox or Brooks in our match up! Still out for a few more weeks. :/

I play 100% by the letter and spirit of each rule until the other side breaks it, then I have fun.

Although in the game with Welli yesterday I did just decide to go no huddle for a series for the hell of it.

Mrbob

I play 100% by the letter and spirit of each rule until the other side breaks it, then I have fun.

Although in the game with Welli yesterday I did just decide to go no huddle for a series for the hell of it.

I didn't break a rule though.

You go no huddle for the hell of it against me all the time, it's normal.

eznark

Banned
I didn't break a rule though.

You go no huddle for the hell of it against me all the time, it's normal.

Sim football. Winning, 4th-3, 36 yarder? Every team kicks that. You didn't. It's cool. Like I said, I'm not complaining. Being free to try nonsense is keeping it enjoyable for me.

I haven't gone no-huddle for more than a series in any game outside of the 4th quarter when losing since the first season this year.

Mrbob

4th and 3 and a 48 yard field goal attempt in a tie game at 10 with 19mph winds heading my way. Sad you have to make stuff up now to help try and prove your point.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I don't mind it tbh. I don't care about 4th down or no huddle rules for anyone that wants to cheat against me.

eznark

Banned
4th and 3 and a 48 yard field goal attempt in a tie game at 10 with 19mph winds heading my way. Sad you have to make stuff up now to help try and prove your point.

Oh Bob. Never stop, friend.

Although, since it took you so long to find the courage to bring up what apparently has been gnawing at you, I'm not surprised the details have grown fuzzy in the interim.

Mrbob

Nothing fuzzy at all! I'll let you try to save face, though!

We can talk about how the Cubs will destroy the Brewers this year instead. I can't even believe in that though!

Ramirez

8dxqA.gif

It is your time.

Odd season for me, my defense is causing more TOs than it ever has at this point in a season, and up until that last game I was like 18 TDs to 7 INTs, which is a way better ratio than I ever had with Ben, yet my record is worse at this point in the season...

I blame the bye and 2 subs, woulda won the 2 sub games against the real owners!

bluemax

Banned
I actually think these are an improvement. I wish they would dump this hideous neon green though. The Blue/Silver/White was so much better.

Yeah, the green is supposed to be an accent and I think they over did it.

I like some elements, like the Native American accents, with a few tweaks they could be good.

Nothing fuzzy at all! I'll let you try to save face, though!

We can talk about how the Cubs will destroy the Brewers this year instead. I can't even believe in that though!

You can root for the Tigers this year. I'll find a seat for you on the massive massive massive bandwagon they have built!

McNei1y

Yes! Yes!

I'll see you on later tonight then. My two starting MLB's are out as well as Troy P. so it should be interesting.

eznark

Banned
Lost Odyssey is $13. It's a far better game (one of the best games this gen) if you aren't just looking for a Tales game.

Nightz

Lost Odyssey is $13. It's a far better game (one of the best games this gen) if you aren't just looking for a Tales game.

Good call. I played Lost Odyssey a long time ago and didn't get to finish it. Loved it at the time and always wanted to get back to it. I'll try to Gamefly it.

eznark

Banned
Is The Last Story any good?

I'm ok with Lost Odyssey being a one off. I wish Blue Dragon had turned into a series though. That game was so fun. The SRPG on the DS was cool too. The fuck-awful loot game was not.

Sokantish

The boss music in Blue Dragon is the best. I really thought there would be a sequel to Blue Dragon. I never played the DS one, for some reason RPGs on the DS can't hold my attention, or maybe I've been playing the wrong ones. I tried out Radiant Historia and kind of wanted to go back to it, but the story is a little wacky

I wanted to try out The Last Story too but it hasn't been getting the best reaction so I've been catching up on other games first

bluemax

Banned
Sok, I'll sub?

Did Nike change anyone's uni's that drastically? Everyone I've seen on FB looks the same pretty much.

The Seahawks uniforms?

Man it's still 40 dollars on amazon, what's up with that?

I think I paid $5 for it and I can't in good conscience recommend it to anyone for more than that. MAYBE $15 tops, but if you pay more than that you're doing yourself a disservice.

I have the urge to play an RPG not named Mass Effect. Tales of Grace worth it if I've never played a Tales game?

The Tales franchise is utter tripe full of unlikable characters, predictable plots, games that drag on for 30+ hours too long, and a button mashy battle system that jRPG fans try to pass off as being interesting.

Ramirez

The Seahawks uniforms?

Yea, seems to be the only one that really changed. Those concepts from a long time ago were interesting. Some of them were pretty awful, but I thought some of them were ok.

Just funny that they made a big deal about the unveiling and they're all basically the same.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yea, seems to be the only one that really changed. Those concepts from a long time ago were interesting. Some of them were pretty awful, but I thought some of them were ok.

Just funny that they made a big deal about the unveiling and they're all basically the same.

some of the materials are different.

Im guessing more changes will roll out through the years. Mostly because new jerseys equal more sales.

bigAT we play next week but i am going to be gone thursday-saturday for my best friends bachelor party in vegas so i hope you can play tomorrow night when we vance!

Top Bottom