• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
That shit gets brought up every single time and I specifically said it didn't do jack shit.

What makes it worse is that as soon as it disconnects I have Ram bitching about Tebow cheese. What the fuck am I supposed to do when he drops everyone back in coverage and rushes 3. Wait in the pocket and get sacked? Fuck that.

Ramirez....Complaining?

U9uCA-1.gif

TheCrow

I've been in previous leagues with Ram and had no problems with him. But god damn, in madden 12 all he does is bitch and moan. Surprised he didn't bring up dropped ints, oh wait, I had dropped ints on back to back plays in the redzone.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've been in previous leagues with Ram and had no problems with him. But god damn, in madden 12 all he does is bitch and moan. Surprised he didn't bring up dropped ints, oh wait, I had dropped ints on back to back plays in the redzone.

Imagine dealing with it twice a season!

Fuck Yall
Assholes?
I'm Doin Me

it appears Twinhead has fully embraced this! i ain't mad at ya

edit: oh i see bluemax came through with the caucasian version
LOL

Ramirez

That shit gets brought up every single time and I specifically said it didn't do jack shit.

What makes it worse is that as soon as it disconnects I have Ram bitching about Tebow cheese. What the fuck am I supposed to do when he drops everyone back in coverage and rushes 3. Wait in the pocket and get sacked? Fuck that.

I blitzed, dropped coverage, & had spies. When I blitz, you scramble, when I drop back you roll out and wait for the zone to break, and when I spy, you run into the back of your center, get the spy suction blocked and then take off. Your entire offense is based around breaking the game with scrambling, or at least the threat of it. It's lame, to say the least.

Play the cpu, play it until you win, I don't really care.

I think Wallace had one catch when he was in the slot? The rest of his catches came from him being on the outside, he had like 4-5 catches total? His biggest gain coming from an Out from the left side, not in the slot, lol. It's not like I put Wallace in the slot on purpose, I have 2 other WRs that are basically carbon copies speed wise, would it make you feel better if it were Brown or Sanders?

I blitzed, dropped coverage, & had spies. When I blitz, you scramble, when I drop back you roll out and wait for the zone to break, and when I spy, you run into the back of your center, get the spy suction blocked and then take off. Your entire offense is based around breaking the game with scrambling, or at least the threat of it. It's lame, to say the least.

136605899_crop_650x440.jpg

WTF do you expect him to do?

Smokey

Not taking sides, especially since it involves the master of Twins manipulation himself, but a source did tell me on AIM:

Crow is the closest thing we have to random in the league
rollout, scramble, suck the spies in with suction blocks, scramble again

#imjustsayintho

Ramirez

136605899_crop_650x440.jpg

WTF do you expect him to do?

I don't get it, are you saying because he has Tebow he has to cheese the game? His numbers were like 14/18 for close to 400 the last I saw a stat line pop up. Tebow in this game is nothing like real life Tebow in accuracy.

Here's my problem with scrambling QBs, our hands are completely tied in certain situations. Even if I know he's gonna scramble, or there's a high chance of it, I can't manually blitz it. So I'm forced to either drop into coverage and try to cover a WR for 10 seconds while a spy just runs the same path as him, OR peel off when he takes off to scramble, and then watch him send it to the guy I was just guarding. The offense has all of the advantages in this game, and trying to deal with scramblers is pretty frustrating with the rules we have in place. Is there any period in which a person is free to blitz? Like if I'm sitting there for 6 seconds going back and forth with him, is there ever a point that I can attack a QB if they're technically not scrambling yet, but you know it's coming?

Smokey

I don't get it, are you saying because he has Tebow he has to cheese the game? His numbers were like 14/18 for close to 400 the last I saw a stat line pop up. Tebow in this game is nothing like real life Tebow in accuracy.

you have mike wallace

do u have to put him in the slot

I don't know what happened in your game so I can't say what's cheese or isn't cheese, but based on your comments I'm not gonna get mad at a dude whose offense is based around that because that's the strength of his QB

GG Trasher, I made some horrible decisions throwing the ball and your run D was frustrating. Hard when you get no TOs and throw 4 picks. Punting was sweet though, was down 17 so I punt it to the 3 and get the safety to make it a 2 score game. Your top WR was destroying VD too, played a lot more zone than I like too.

Trasher

GG Trasher, I made some horrible decisions throwing the ball and your run D was frustrating.

GG, man. A couple of my picks were a bit weak I thought. Defenders drop some of the easiest picks in the world in this game, and make some of the most miraculous catches ever sometimes...even for a WR.

Usually teams with good running games chew me up. The screen pass was the only thing that really ever worked for you I think.

GG, man. A couple of my picks were a bit weak I thought. Defenders drop some of the easiest picks in the world in this game, and make some of the most miraculous catches ever sometimes...even for a WR.

Usually teams with good running games chew me up. The screen pass was the only thing that really ever worked for you I think.

The pass game was working when you consider how many of those incompletions were hail mary's at the end of both halves. There were 3 screen passes for 37 yards, Gates had 6 receptions for 168. I just threw two picks at the end of drives. I actually got away from the run game before the score was out of hand because of my throwing success.

Trasher

The pass game was working when you consider how many of those incompletions were hail mary's at the end of both halves. There were 3 screen passes for 37 yards, Gates had 6 receptions for 168. I just threw two picks at the end of drives. I actually got away from the run game before the score was out of hand because of my throwing success.

Yeah I blitzed you pretty hard and got burned by Gates in single coverage haha.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'd believe Ramirez if he wasn't such a heavy complainer about every other QB that scrambled. It's the one surefire way to set him off. Total boy who cried wolf situation.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

It just happens a lot. Look at what's said before and after playing DCX using the Bills.

Alright, don't scramble cheese me with McCoy!

More like, well done Madden.

He got a scrambling TD with McCoy to which none of my defenders reacted to, just sit there with their hands in their pockets. He got a TD off a ball Clark batted down, but his other WR was miraculously running by at the same time and caught it no problem, and I had to watch McCoy drag 2-3 LBs to the ground on 3-4 separate occasions with no fumbles.

It's in the game.

I'm not saying DCX did anything wrong, I'm just tired of all of the QBs in this game scrambling like Vick.

If you want to get into Ram's head just scramble.

He's lucky he already played the Browns twice, looks like Penguin unlocked scramble cheese with Newcomer.

Mrbob

Haha yeah, Newcomer was a pain to try and stop. He ripped like 60 yards on me on the ground but then I changed some things and started pummeling newcomer when he tried to scramble in the 3rd and 4th.

Guild Wars 2 pre purchase up!

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Think I'm going to get the digital collector's edition. Want dat Mistfire Wolf Pet skill! You pay up front now, but get access to the beta weekends leading up to the launch of the game!

Mrbob

You'll get a head start a couple days before the release of the game, but not access to the closed betas leading up to launch. I think on amazon you are just pre ordering so you don't pay until the game ships. Gamestop and Best Buy are the two other places offering pre purchase options but I hear they don't know what's going on yet, shocker! Ordering straight from Arenanet is the safest option for pre purchase. I don't mind paying up front because the first Guild Wars ruled and I expect no less from the sequel!

Mrbob

Not yet. Rumored to be sometime this summer, maybe as late as September.

Btw Nexuiz beta keys here:

http://alienwarearena.com/giveaway/nexuiz-beta-key-giveaway/

Only about 1650 left! Have to register at the alienware website but only takes a second. Key unlocks on Steam!

Edit: Gamestop has put up their Guild Wars 2 page information now and reporting June 26 as the release date:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/guild-wars-2/75863

Don't know if it will come out then, but I'm sure this is the target for NCSoft!

Edit 2: Looks like Arenanet is working on getting pre purchase up at amazon soon!

We are working with Amazon in both the USA and UK in regard to pre-purchase and pre-order, more news to follow :) ^AT

I'll wait so I can triple points off my amazon card for purchase!

Sokantish

I went to that page and didn't see a date on the beta weekends, have they revealed those yet? I've been looking forward to GW2 for a while now it's finally getting close!

TheCrow

Play the cpu, play it until you win, I don't really care.

I think Wallace had one catch when he was in the slot? The rest of his catches came from him being on the outside, he had like 4-5 catches total? His biggest gain coming from an Out from the left side, not in the slot, lol. It's not like I put Wallace in the slot on purpose, I have 2 other WRs that are basically carbon copies speed wise, would it make you feel better if it were Brown or Sanders?

1. Wallace in the slot is a problem because I notice that my worst cb is on him so now I have to change how I play safety. Instead of focusing on the TE or my zone, I have to try and keep Wallace from getting wide open. I don't really care about speed it's the other ratings that make him a 90+ wr.

2. I never felt pressure and if you did blitz I was looking to dump it off to my rb.

3. When you blitz with 3 down lineman the DEs end up to my right and left. So yes, I am going to step up into the pocket where my guards who have no one to block are.

4. Scrambles really only came into play on my last drive when you decided to drop everyone 15 yards back. It's near the end of the fourth so why do the fuck wouldn't I run for 10 free yards and keep the clock running. Before the fourth I couldn't scramble because you always had a spy.

5. Tebow isn't as good as you think. Your lazy zone defense with no pressure means I can wait all day for my receivers to eventually get open. By then I have more players downfield to block so it's always a big play or TD.

P.S: I don't give a fuck about anonymous complaints. They can come out and say it or shut the fuck up. Tebow has around 150 rushing yards so scrambling shouldn't be your biggest concern when playing me. QB contain and spy are your friends if you do want to worry about it.

bluemax

Banned
I'd believe complaints against Crow if they came from someone who wasn't a serial complainer with 2 Super Bowls under his belt and a master of the Twins cheese and if they hadn't come after Crow had been playing in this league for like 2-3 years.

Smokey

1. P.S: I don't give a fuck about anonymous complaints. They can come out and say it or shut the fuck up. Tebow has around 150 rushing yards so scrambling shouldn't be your biggest concern when playing me. QB contain and spy are your friends if you do want to worry about it.

I'm just the messenger!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd believe complaints against Crow if they came from someone who wasn't a serial complainer with 2 Super Bowls under his belt and a master of the Twins cheese and if they hadn't come after Crow had been playing in this league for like 2-3 years.

Been out of Videogame football for awhile, but is this about the Twin formation of 2 WR to 1 side, #1 WR in the "slot" position?

I loved that formation ;P

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Been out of Videogame football for awhile, but is this about the Twin formation of 2 WR to 1 side, #1 WR in the "slot" position?

I loved that formation ;P

Dont worry. You were the basis of my initial argument against this in like season one. You wernt fooling me.

Top Bottom