• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't see why we're not allowed to just play the CPU at this point. So many people quit once it was obvious they weren't making the playoffs this season and it's a hassle to find subs, especially considering the potential player pool has been reduced so significantly due to the quitters. I don't see how playing one of the best players in the league is supposed to be a realistic replacement for playing Livewire and the Redskins considering he has never beaten me in Madden a single time.

....you can? Most people just dont because the computer is usually cheesy as shit.

What? Yes people get pressured all the time. But no, I don't remember me pressuring anyone to play CB since you said this:

"i will let you choose your fill in splat. now multiple people IMing me asking to fill in for the cards. i don't give a shit! i try to keep fill in's out of division in all circumstances and out of conference in playoff related games but you can technically have whoever you want fill in!" I had no idea what the "out of town, need sub" rules were at the time. If I'd posted "Hey you pussies play CB while I'm gone or you're giant wussies!" (which is a terrible shit-talk, but whatever), I'd not deny I had pressured people.

i was joking about your fill in. but the equivalent situation after i got beat by CB would be to say "god i felt so pressured because you said you wanted to pick your fill in! i shouldn't have had to play CB! all your games should've been against the CPU since you were gone!"

Splat

i was joking about your fill in. but the equivalent situation after i got beat by CB would be to say "god i felt so pressured because you said you wanted to pick your fill in! i shouldn't have had to play CB! all your games should've been against the CPU since you were gone!"

No not really since I just said I'd leave strategy suggestions for my subS (plural), and then you said to pick someone :-/ This argument is dumb I'm out.

No not really since I just said I'd leave strategy suggestions for my subS (plural), and then you said to pick someone :-/ This argument is dumb I'm out.

it would be like me losing to one of your other subs and complaining that i had to play a sub at all since it wasn't my fault you weren't able to play!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Blue I'm in the same boat. I just needed Wellie to beat one damn AFC North opponent and he loses to both...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

But I'll help you out, I get FMT in the showers next week.

You're a jinx you fuck. You think I didn't want to win either of those game? I'd have the #2 seed locked up right now if I did!

I don't see why we're not allowed to just play the CPU at this point. So many people quit once it was obvious they weren't making the playoffs this season and it's a hassle to find subs, especially considering the potential player pool has been reduced so significantly due to the quitters. I don't see how playing one of the best players in the league is supposed to be a realistic replacement for playing Livewire and the Redskins considering he has never beaten me in Madden a single time.

I've played 2 CPU games, one against the Pats, one against the Ravens. I only feel bad about the one against the Ravens because he showed up literally 3 minutes after I finished.

bluemax

Banned
1. Feeling pressured! By who. 100% of this league plays whoever they want to for subs. Most people just post here and whoever replies first gets the honors. Or do it through AIM. Phee is usually my go to guy on subs because he is almost always on AIM and wants to play. If you played Ramirez that was your decision. Dont go around putting that on anyone else.

2. You were booted because you pulled the plug on ramirez and FMT had to waste an hour of his time getting that win back for the Skins. And that came a full day after a no show from you. He wanted to get the full story even when the full story was pretty clear. But you never showed up.

Still bullshit. Now I'm penalized for having a social life. You guys make these bullshit unilateral decisions all the time.

And yes I felt pressured into playing a sub who was not of my choosing because I felt the Good Ole Boys would punish me if I didn't.

And fuck yes I pulled the plug. I figured King Twat was excellent at finishing games with disconnects so either he'd finish or I'd run it back with a sub of my choosing.

Why you chickenshits didn't email me, pm me or iM me I'll never know. Why you felt action had to happen RIGHT away when I wasn't holding up an advance again shows what pathetic leaders you are.

I'd like to know why I should ever bother coming back when you're just continue to collude and keep the power in the circle of friends.

CB3

Im so confused over what you're arguing about. You pulled the plug! You got booted to give the redskins the win and you were invited back.

And you want someone to tell you why you should come back?

stone-cold-steve-austin-flipping-bird.jpg

Have a nice one.

Still bullshit. Now I'm penalized for having a social life. You guys make these bullshit unilateral decisions all the time.

And yes I felt pressured into playing a sub who was not of my choosing because I felt the Good Ole Boys would punish me if I didn't.

And fuck yes I pulled the plug. I figured King Twat was excellent at finishing games with disconnects so either he'd finish or I'd run it back with a sub of my choosing.

Why you chickenshits didn't email me, pm me or iM me I'll never know. Why you felt action had to happen RIGHT away when I wasn't holding up an advance again shows what pathetic leaders you are.

I'd like to know why I should ever bother coming back when you're just continue to collude and keep the power in the circle of friends.

dude chill out. what did you want to happen after you pulled the plug? to re-play the game? i'm not sure what you wanted to happen in that situation. what unilateral decision was made? to give you a loss in a game that you pulled the plug on?

and you honestly think if you didn't play ramirez you were going to be punished?? punished how? "you played somnia!? you have to sit kaiser for a game!" give me a break man plenty of people have even played CPU games and nothing came of it!

not sure where the collusion is at either. you played ramirez, pulled the plug after wasting an hour or so of his time because you were pissed off. what did you need to be consulted about?

you have been a valuable league member but you always seem to have one of these anger outbursts where you just lose your shit. it's a videogame for christ sake just try to have fun. in the future if someone calls you a pussy for not wanting a sub tell them to go eat a bag of dicks and the circle is complete! no harm no foul!

Ramirez

So first I get brow beaten into playing one of the best players in the league, and then I get booted from the league afterwards without any notice?

Fuck this shit. I know the only reason I was forced into playing Ramirez was so FMT could make the playoffs, gotta protect that cabal.

I'm not sure I want to play in this corrupt ass league ever again.

Hmm, not much anger shown towards me in this post...I will say though, if the league were "corrupt", I would have lost to FMT on purpose, I beat the piss out of him, and loved every second of it.

I honestly felt forced into it and I don't like being booted without notice. This league is a corrupt fucking joke. I've been in this league for 5 years and I still feel like a damn outsider and not part of the good old boys club.

I honestly don't understand why the majority of us go along with this charade. The league is designed and run to protect the old timers while shitting on the rest of us. The whole purpose of this league is to ego boost Ramirez, FMT, CB etc.

Now I'm part of the "good ole boys club", really? I'd wager 90% of the people in this league despise me.

Here we go, King Twat! Why you mad at me? Still don't know how anyone pressured you, FMT was obviously baiting you into playing someone that could beat you, but no one has ever been forced to play someone they didn't want to. Here's our AIM convo!

CtownSkins3 3:06 am
u know u want me to sub
Super Ska Hero 3:16 am
Im scurred
CtownSkins3 3:16 am
Ill take it easy one u
on
I already put FMT down, what do u have to lose
Super Ska Hero 3:17 am
my playoff spot?
CtownSkins3 3:17 am
he's 7-8
you're 8-6, even if u lose you're still ahead of him
Super Ska Hero 3:18 am
blah
fine
lets do it
CtownSkins3 3:18 am
now?
Super Ska Hero 3:18 am
why not?
CtownSkins3 3:19 am
ok
Super Ska Hero 3:19 am
i have kickball tomorrow so Im gonna be out most of the day
and Ill be less than sober after
CtownSkins3 3:19 am
ok omw

Now I know why you're mad about the game, you had me beat, and for whatever reason you elected not to score immediately even though there was only 30 seconds left. I'd be mad too, but I don't think that justifies calling me King Twat, but, whatever makes you feel good I guess.

And for the record, I would like to think I'm the fairest sub in the league, practically everyone I've subbed against changes to their playbooks they use for their own team. I roll with the defaults, so I literally have no clue what the playbooks are, and it shows in most of the games. I also messaged you that night to sub because I actually enjoy playing the game a lot this year, I sub every chance I get, it's not like I was fulfilling FMT's bounty.

DCX

DCX
Welp. My playoff chances are next to nill. In a sub against Bird, he gets most of the breaks even though almost every player got hurt in that game. Now i know for SURE he is resting starters against DM which would result in a win for DM and thus ending my season regardless of what I do against Blue/The Ghost of.

CB could have the same record as I if he loses against Crow and wins his last game also, but i'm sure he has all de tie breaks :/

Alas, i had a good run. I need to learn how to beat the zone D. I need to run more. I need to rid me of throwing 30+ ints every season :/

Edit: Vilma is dead. out for the playoffs. Dickerson is dead..i'm sure he has been but that takes a toll on the LB corp. You're welcome DM..

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
whossorrynow015 11:09 pm
hey broham

WellingtonGAF 11:10 pm
sup pal how you doing

whossorrynow015 11:10 pm
since this looks to be the last season, just remember i owe you my round 2 in madden 13 first draft class!

WellingtonGAF 11:10 pm
dude
dont sweat it
I wont even be the bengals
cmon

wtf is this shit. I don't need your pity FMT!

Birdman02

Welp. My playoff chances are next to nill. In a sub against Bird, he gets most of the breaks even though almost every player got hurt in that game. Now i know for SURE he is resting starters against DM which would result in a win for DM and thus ending my season regardless of what I do against Blue/The Ghost of.

CB could have the same record as I if he loses against Crow and wins his last game also, but i'm sure he has all de tie breaks :/

Alas, i had a good run. I need to learn how to beat the zone D. I need to run more. I need to rid me of throwing 30+ ints every season :/

Edit: Vilma is dead. out for the playoffs. Dickerson is dead..i'm sure he has been but that takes a toll on the LB corp. You're welcome DM..

DCX

GG man....all 3 of my LBs were out in that one. Dickerson and Wilson were already hurt, and I lost Vilma pretty early. Dickerson and Vilma being out for the playoffs mean I will likely lose my first game. They're my 2 best players and the guys I control all game.

DM gets to face Carter Lloyd and co. next game. None of my starters will touch the field if I can help it.

Ramirez

He'd have better luck making the playoffs staying in the AFC North.

Going against the guy who swept the East & beat them in the SB as well. Terrible logic you have there, especially considering you would be his only threat, Turbo has emerged as a legitimate contender for the North as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Going against the guy who swept the East & beat them in the SB as well. Terrible logic you have there, especially considering you would be his only threat, Turbo has emerged as a legitimate contender for the North as well.

Let's hold off on crowning Turbo until he has to build his own team. He received the Browns with Newcomer, Jordy Nelson, and god mode Hillis along with guys on D like DeAires Justice and Ricardo Bush. Striker, as always, did a steller job building the team. None of that will be there.

CB3

Lets be honest. If he gets the Giants im winning the NFC East every season. Thats just facts. He'd be competing for a wild card every year. Which is tough. In the AFC North he has a shot of taking the division.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lets be honest. If he gets the Giants im winning the NFC East every season. Thats just facts. He'd be competing for a wild card every year. Which is tough. In the AFC North he has a shot of taking the division.

wut

With an inferior bungles team it took a late drive by you to win 34-31. Let's get real here pal. I'd have a much better DL, WR set, OL, RBs, damn near everything but LBs.

CB3

Oh i never feel guilty against you, friend. Infact, in retrospect, my only regret is that i didn't just scramble all game!

Though you can expect that on our next date.

When Vick went to jail my first thought was, "Madden just got so much better". True story.

I know. Marcus Vick was a BITCH in this game. A shame you guys went so high to get him.

Splat

GG Sok, thanks for subbing. Cooper Fitz sheds 2 blockers within 2 seconds and gets a safety, and there's no replay available :(

Sokantish

GG. Man I don't get that Fitz guy on defense I put extra people to block and he still gets through, the only thing I could do was throw quick slants. It was crazy

Ramirez

GG. Man I don't get that Fitz guy on defense I put extra people to block and he still gets through, the only thing I could do was throw quick slants. It was crazy

Line play is broken, and manually controlling them only makes it worse, there's nothing to figure out!

turbopenguin

Neo Member
You mean the same shit Turbo did to me for 80% of the game?

I didn't realize going in a 4 wide set was cheap or anything. It was working and you couldn't stop it, so I kept doing it. Don't see a problem there. And 80% of the time I just use game-flow or 1 of the plays from askmadden, so I guess the computer knows whats up.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I didn't realize going in a 4 wide set was cheap or anything. It was working and you couldn't stop it, so I kept doing it. Don't see a problem there. And 80% of the time I just use game-flow or 1 of the plays from askmadden, so I guess the computer knows whats up.
Your win had more to do with my 4 turnovers than whatever you did on O. It's not against the rules that you went 4-wide for most of the game, it's just extremely annoying and unrealistic. I felt I got better at defending it as the game went along, but I'll have something for you next time we matchup, as is my MO.

DCX

DCX
Your win had more to do with my 4 turnovers than whatever you did on O. It's not against the rules that you went 4-wide for most of the game, it's just extremely annoying and unrealistic. I felt I got better at defending it as the game went along, but I'll have something for you next time we matchup, as is my MO.
You need to be my D coordinator. Lol

DCX

Top Bottom