• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

BigAT

Bob:

00272a2a5f882ebdc51bc27d22beddc050a6dcad.jpg

bluemax

Banned
So first I get brow beaten into playing one of the best players in the league, and then I get booted from the league afterwards without any notice?

Fuck this shit. I know the only reason I was forced into playing Ramirez was so FMT could make the playoffs, gotta protect that cabal.

I'm not sure I want to play in this corrupt ass league ever again.

LukeSmith

So first I get brow beaten into playing one of the best players in the league, and then I get booted from the league afterwards without any notice?

Fuck this shit. I know the only reason I was forced into playing Ramirez was so FMT could make the playoffs, gotta protect that cabal.

Wait, what in the shit is happening? Seriously, Bluemax, give me the full context either here in the thread or on IM.

If you nerds had just adopted my "Only Division Rivals can Sub..."

DCX

DCX

I'm pretty sure beating me will get you in. I do understand where FMT is coming from. He played tough subs , he expects you to as well. The problem is he is elite and we are mid tier.

In essense he is playing his own level of comp and you are playing a level above so you wanted to play a like tier opponent .

I played elite subs because I need to play better to get better. I trained with Luke and Wellie and played Smokey, CB and Splat as subs. I played Ram when I filled in as well to keep my level up. It paid off. My first winning season in the franchise.

Idk bro I know how you feel. Don't quit. I'd like revenge and want your best. The game could mean the playoffs for both of us.

DCX

1. i told you to play whoever you wanted! i was just giving you shit about that.
2. you decided to play ramirez
3. you lost to ramirez and disconnected when he was going to kick the game winning fg

you aren't booted from the league, but you received a loss against the redskins, which you were going to lose anyways if you didn't pull the plug (or get disconnected, you never said what happened). your other option was to lose to the computer on purpose but why would you want to waste your time?

Mrbob

Bluemax you should have done what I'm going to do for week 17. Telling the cabal to get bent as I'll be playing the CPU Skins. Although facing cpu pey pey might be a mistake!

Bluemax you should have done what I'm going to do for week 17. Telling the cabal to get bent as I'll be playing the CPU Skins. Although facing cpu pey pey might be a mistake!

peyton is out for like 4 more weeks! has a dislocated shoulder or something. and don't be a bitch and play the CPU, just have someone (ANYONE!) fill in

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
No one forced you to play ramirez. I honestly couldnt care less if you played the CPU. The NFC West might as well be 1-AA in my eyes.

You got booted because you pulled the plug on Ramirez and FMT had to replay the whole game himself to get the win for the CPU redskins. Which should have never even had to happen. And im pretty sure i reinvited you, which should still be there.

SO

If you dont want to ever play in this league again so be it. I wont shed any tears. But i think you've overreacted here.

Look at that browbeating! (I don't even know who I'm attacking here, if this is sarcastic or not)

lol it's not browbeating but give me a break i've taken subs as opposed to AI every time. when you were gone CB filled in for you for christ sake! i had ramirez fill in as the vikes, i've had other top notch people fill in. i don't care who people have filled in for them because anyone is better than the CPU

Splat

lol it's not browbeating but give me a break i've taken subs as opposed to AI every time. when you were gone CB filled in for you for christ sake! i had ramirez fill in as the vikes, i've had other top notch people fill in. i don't care who people have filled in for them because anyone is better than the CPU

sounds like browbeating rationalization to me

(is trolling bannable in community threads? )

bluemax

Banned
I honestly felt forced into it and I don't like being booted without notice. This league is a corrupt fucking joke. I've been in this league for 5 years and I still feel like a damn outsider and not part of the good old boys club.

I honestly don't understand why the majority of us go along with this charade. The league is designed and run to protect the old timers while shitting on the rest of us. The whole purpose of this league is to ego boost Ramirez, FMT, CB etc.

I've been one of the more reliable, dependable people in this league, going out of my way to get my games in on time or early while working around my work and social schedule and this is the respect I get in return. What a crock of shit. Gotta protect FMT's iron grip on the division, don't want his virtual ego to take a beating!

i don't want bluemax quitting the league, he has been a really dependable player in the leagues for a long time but there was no conspiracy here making him play ramirez or anything else. of COURSE i'm going to talk shit when i'm playing a top tier player and someone else ends up playing sanjuro (which i think was a joke since bluemax said he was going to play somnia but somnia wasn't around)

I honestly felt forced into it and I don't like being booted without notice. This league is a corrupt fucking joke. I've been in this league for 5 years and I still feel like a damn outsider and not part of the good old boys club.

I honestly don't understand why the majority of us go along with this charade. The league is designed and run to protect the old timers while shitting on the rest of us. The whole purpose of this league is to ego boost Ramirez, FMT, CB etc.

I've been one of the more reliable, dependable people in this league, going out of my way to get my games in on time or early while working around my work and social schedule and this is the respect I get in return. What a crock of shit.

you weren't forced into anything and plenty of people have opted to NOT have top tier players fill in. you still haven't commented on why you're upset about being booted and basically having a loss assigned. did you not pull the plug against ramirez? do you think you shouldn't have gotten the loss because you felt forced to play ramirez (which you weren't)?

CB3

I tried to be civil!

Maybe Pete will draft a bama guy so Lonestar can rise like the phoenix.

Birdman02

Bah, we just played last week or something....but I guess if no one else is around then I'll play you.

With this likely being the last season, I'm kinda wanting a shot at Ramirez. I don't remember playing him at all this year (but that doesn't really make any sense since we're in the 4th season).

bluemax

Banned
you weren't forced into anything and plenty of people have opted to NOT have top tier players fill in. you still haven't commented on why you're upset about being booted and basically having a loss assigned. did you not pull the plug against ramirez? do you think you shouldn't have gotten the loss because you felt forced to play ramirez (which you weren't)?

Yes, yes I do. And I also don't like that I wasn't notified that this was going to happen or that this had happened. The complete and utter lack of transparency in decision making among the Good Ole Boys club is sickening and disheartening. The fact that it directly benefits you makes it although more shady and disgusting.

I am most upset about two things:

1. Feeling pressured into playing Ramirez.
2. Being booted without being informed about it ahead of time.

Yes, yes I do. And I also don't like that I wasn't notified that this was going to happen or that this had happened. The complete and utter lack of transparency in decision making among the Good Ole Boys club is sickening and disheartening. The fact that it directly benefits you makes it although more shady and disgusting.

Blue I'm in the same boat. I just needed Wellie to beat one damn AFC North opponent and he loses to both...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

But I'll help you out, I get FMT in the showers next week.

CB3

1. Feeling pressured! By who. 100% of this league plays whoever they want to for subs. Most people just post here and whoever replies first gets the honors. Or do it through AIM. Phee is usually my go to guy on subs because he is almost always on AIM and wants to play. If you played Ramirez that was your decision. Dont go around putting that on anyone else.

2. You were booted because you pulled the plug on ramirez and FMT had to waste an hour of his time getting that win back for the Skins. And that came a full day after a no show from you. He wanted to get the full story even when the full story was pretty clear. But you never showed up.

honestly i don't give a shit if i make the playoffs. i told cb through the season i didn't feel like playing but i wasn't going to quit on my own league.

why does it matter that you were booted temporarily and a win (for all intents and purposes) was assigned rightfully to the redskins? there is no conspiracy here: you lost a game, you (i assume) pulled the plug.

if any of these facts are wrong then state where they are wrong. you were about to lose a game, you disconnected on purpose and then for whatever reason you are mad that you still got the loss? what am i missing here? what conversation should have been had? "btw, because you pulled the plug we're going to give you the loss"?

Bah, we just played last week or something....but I guess if no one else is around then I'll play you.

With this likely being the last season, I'm kinda wanting a shot at Ramirez. I don't remember playing him at all this year (but that doesn't really make any sense since we're in the 4th season).

if you want to play someone else thats fine! if you need me to fill in just let me know

Splat

i just want to make it publicly known to bluemax and the entire league that i'm playing ramirez as a fill-in for the vikes. i expect the same out of your redskins fill-in blue! don't fear the reaper!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. to not be scared bluemax? it's all good though, i would have imagined you'd have justed played the AI and not even played a human opponent so whatever D leaguer you were going to get to sub for you is probably an improvement!

Since CB apparently can't find the pressure, here it is.

Splat

So.. how is giving someone shit not pressuring them? I mean, it's done amongst friends TO pressure people most of the time.

So.. how is giving someone shit not pressuring them? I mean, it's done amongst friends TO pressure people most of the time.

there was no requirement for him to play ramirez over somnia or whoever. bluemax said he was going to play somnia and then somnia wasn't around so he chose to play ramirez.

if he didn't want to play ramirez he didn't have to and all that would've happened is i would have said he was scared to play ramirez.... which would've been true! water under the bridge at that point! but like most people would, he saw that i played (and lost) to ramirez so he said ehhh might as well!

if i had beaten ramirez he wouldn't have played him and if he had beaten ramirez he wouldn't complain about feeling pressured. he is saying that because he played the game, had the game in the bag, and then pulled the plug when he lost

Splat

there was no requirement for him to play ramirez over somnia or whoever. bluemax said he was going to play somnia and then somnia wasn't around so he chose to play ramirez.

if he didn't want to play ramirez he didn't have to and all that would've happened is i would have said he was scared to play ramirez.... which would've been true! water under the bridge at that point! but like most people would, he saw that i played (and lost) to ramirez so he said ehhh might as well!

if i had beaten ramirez he wouldn't have played him and if he had beaten ramirez he wouldn't complain about feeling pressured. he is saying that because he played the game, had the game in the bag, and then pulled the plug when he lost

I'm not saying there was a requirement. Simply that "He's only complaining about being pressured because he lost" is different than "he wasn't pressured". I just hope he doesn't quit.

CB3

Pressure
pushing down on me
Pressing down on you no man ask for
Under pressure - that burns a building
down
Splits a family in two
Puts people on streets

I'm not saying there was a requirement. Simply that "He's only complaining about being pressured because he lost" is different than "he wasn't pressured". I just hope he doesn't quit.

pressured would have been me sending a PM to him saying "look, it's not fair that everyone else in the league opens up their options to "whoever is around" for fill ins and you're picking the easiest opponent you can find. i'm not going to say anything in the thread but you need to play someone decent".

me giving him shit in the thread is no different than anyone else talking shit about anything else. i don't want him to quit either but if you're going to get offended by every little thing that someone says in the league then its going to be a long year for you playing in the league

Splat

pressured would have been me sending a PM to him saying "look, it's not fair that everyone else in the league opens up their options to "whoever is around" for fill ins and you're picking the easiest opponent you can find. i'm not going to say anything in the thread but you need to play someone decent".

me giving him shit in the thread is no different than anyone else talking shit about anything else. i don't want him to quit either but if you're going to get offended by every little thing that someone says in the league then its going to be a long year for you playing in the league

Option 1 would be using your power as commish to force him.
Option 2 (giving shit), is pressuring.

Sure, maybe he shouldn't have buckled to the pressure, but stop trying to deny you did it.

Option 1 would be using your power as commish to force him.
Option 2 (giving shit), is pressuring.

Sure, maybe he shouldn't have buckled to the pressure, but stop trying to deny you did it.

1. i'm not commish
2. if your definition of pressuring someone is to talk shit to them then it is. people get "pressured" all the time in the league in that regard. remember when you pressured people into playing CB when he subbed for you!? growl!

BigAT

I don't see why we're not allowed to just play the CPU at this point. So many people quit once it was obvious they weren't making the playoffs this season and it's a hassle to find subs, especially considering the potential player pool has been reduced so significantly due to the quitters. I don't see how playing one of the best players in the league is supposed to be a realistic replacement for playing Livewire and the Redskins considering he has never beaten me in Madden a single time.

Splat

1. i'm not commish
2. if your definition of pressuring someone is to talk shit to them then it is. people get "pressured" all the time in the league in that regard. remember when you pressured people into playing CB when he subbed for you!? growl!

What? Yes people get pressured all the time. But no, I don't remember me pressuring anyone to play CB since you said this:

"i will let you choose your fill in splat. now multiple people IMing me asking to fill in for the cards. i don't give a shit! i try to keep fill in's out of division in all circumstances and out of conference in playoff related games but you can technically have whoever you want fill in!" I had no idea what the "out of town, need sub" rules were at the time. If I'd posted "Hey you pussies play CB while I'm gone or you're giant wussies!" (which is a terrible shit-talk, but whatever), I'd not deny I had pressured people.

I don't see why we're not allowed to just play the CPU at this point. So many people quit once it was obvious they weren't making the playoffs this season and it's a hassle to find subs, especially considering the potential player pool has been reduced so significantly due to the quitters. I don't see how playing one of the best players in the league is supposed to be a realistic replacement for playing Livewire and the Redskins considering he has never beaten me in Madden a single time.

he could have played anyone he wanted. you can play anyone you want. there is no shortage of people willing to fill in

Top Bottom