• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

SUCKS TO FUCKING SUCK BOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!

No wonder you can't bear to watch your shitty ass team get clowned.

1 lost MLB game is like the equivalent of a 3 and out in football. that's why baseball is so horrible. a single game means as much in the grand scheme of things as a 3 and out does in football

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
me too brother :(

it will be back soon enough!

8mwEt.jpg

TheCrow

Yeah, the time for madden has passed.

and out of luke's list I would say pick dayz. Only because that is what i'm currently playing :D

Sokantish

Yeah Day Z is pretty fun. Earlier someone asked me for some water and I'm pretty sure they were setting me up to kill me but then they noticed my friends and left. It's pretty intense. Although I'm getting tired of playing at night all the time.

TheCrow

I've been playing it more lone wolf. Wandering in the woods with the occasional trek into towns for supplies. Finally died at the airfield so I'm gearing up for a return trip.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
the diablo 3 hype is hitting me hard. i was trying to finish darksiders this past week but about 10 hours in it hit me that i dont really want to be playing this. at all. all i want is diablo.

the double xp weekend for battlefield 3 has kept me occupied decently. a day and a half left until my life ends.

Sokantish

I've been playing it more lone wolf. Wandering in the woods with the occasional trek into towns for supplies. Finally died at the airfield so I'm gearing up for a return trip.

I was doing that at first, but then got some friends to buy the game. This latest patch seemed to up the zombies a lot, we were in a town with like 4 buildings and killed like 20 zombies and had to leave because there were still more. We were running out of ammo. Luckily some nice stranger gave me a blood transfusion because I almost bled out.

Ramirez

I don't know what it is, but the game looks a lot better to me for some reason. Looks more like NCAA I believe, I guess a lot of the detail like the grass will be lost in the zoomed out view, so I guess it doesn't matter anyways.

CB3

commentary will never be good in a sports game. its hard to force something that should be natural. Plus the cost/time of putting in enough unique lines for all of the possibilities in the games is just too much.

Gus was bad, Collinsworth was bad, the radio announcer was bad, even Madden was pretty bad.

The NCAA guys arent terrible i suppose. They arent annoying, but just as forgettable.

commentary will never be good in a sports game. its hard to force something that should be natural. Plus the cost/time of putting in enough unique lines for all of the possibilities in the games is just too much.

Gus was bad, Collinsworth was bad, the radio announcer was bad, even Madden was pretty bad.

The NCAA guys arent terrible i suppose. They arent annoying, but just as forgettable.

NFL 2k's was good

Ferny

I think NBA 2ks latest games have really good dynamic commentary. Better than other sports games at least for sure.

CB3

I think NBA 2ks latest games have really good dynamic commentary. Better than other sports games at least for sure.

not really. not if you play as the same team over and over.

i hear about kobes fire to win and pau being a bitch in the playoffs last season

Plus, Clark Kelogg.

THATS WHO HE IS, THATS WHAT HE DOES

bluemax

Banned

I played maybe 10-20 games as the Clippers and I got sick of hearing the same shit every game.

"Blake Griffin's got that small town flavor. Mmm Mmm"

Honestly after that job interview I had, just spending like 10 minutes thinking about designing and implementing a dynamic play by play system, its kind of a crazy technical problem.

There's no way right now to make it perfect or accurate.

LukeSmith

Honestly after that job interview I had, just spending like 10 minutes thinking about designing and implementing a dynamic play by play system, its kind of a crazy technical problem.

Yeah, I think NHL games (at least back in '10 or so) had pretty good commentary.

It would take some time to design a system that works really well.

It could be done, but the amount of data hooks you would need to say, build meaningful commentary in a football game with 11v11 and having awareness or tracking "interesting things" that happened per play and then putting those interesting things into a priority system (and those priorities would also need a "type" so that if two highly ranked interesting things of the same type occured, there'd be some decreased likelihood that you'd hear about marshawn lynch's second 12 yard game in a row, and instead hear about his offensive lineman), then each interesting thing needs to be ranked, and the ranking determines which "interesting thing" is going to be commentated on - but then the announcers would have to pick from a bunch of pre-recorded lines about the players (and clearly if a high priority "interesting action" wasn't a player, logic that is running would have to then skip that interesting thing) and then making sure the skip fractions on how frequency the story about Josh Freeman's love of Taco Bell gets told is a really hard problem.

Could theoretically be solved though if someone would build the "interesting things" layer - and by someone I mean an engineer. But the amount of work it'd take to do, and do right isn't going to fit into an annual release ship cycle, and honestly, it probably isn't worth the investment in engineering or audio.

McNei1y

not really. not if you play as the same team over and over.

i hear about kobes fire to win and pau being a bitch in the playoffs last season

Plus, Clark Kelogg.

THATS WHO HE IS, THATS WHAT HE DOES

I played maybe 10-20 games as the Clippers and I got sick of hearing the same shit every game.

"Blake Griffin's got that small town flavor. Mmm Mmm"

Yeah you think i like to hear how the wizards are such a god awful team and how john wall fell 2nd to blake griffin and how we started 4 rookies in 2011? It gets dull after the 2nd game... the interactions are good though.

Sokantish

How is that?

It's great! 30 dollars to play an alpha of a free mod is a little crazy, I think it's worth it though. I've had lots of fun with it. I've never played ARMA II before though so the way it controls was kind of a shock. Feels kind of janky. I tried playing Arma II just to see what it was like and I quit after playing for like 10 minutes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Do you guys even pay attention to the announcers during a game?
I turn down the volume and listen to podcasts.

It's great! 30 dollars to play an alpha of a free mod is a little crazy, I think it's worth it though. I've had lots of fun with it. I've never played ARMA II before though so the way it controls was kind of a shock. Feels kind of janky. I tried playing Arma II just to see what it was like and I quit after playing for like 10 minutes.

I want to try DayZ but:

1) I'm a huge pussy so I would likely get too creeped out to keep playing

2) I don't want to go through the hoops of installing an alpha mod and the almost certain issues and glitches I'll have.

TheCrow

Give it a try wellie, it's actually easy to install compared to other mods I've tried. As for glitches you just have to watch out for zombies that clip through walls but I'll protect you. At least it'll be easier to get into than dota.

Smokey

Crow you are up and running with your PC now? I must've missed a lot. What does your final setup look like?

Is the core Arma II game all that's needed for DayZ? I have it but haven't played it (along with the 40-50 other games I bought during last years Steam sale).

Got this DIII coming on Tuesday..CB you better not be wrong..I've never played Diablo before but I feel obligated as an owner of a gaming PC and if it sucks i blame you and i want my money back

I want to try DayZ but:

1) I'm a huge pussy so I would likely get too creeped out to keep playing

2) I don't want to go through the hoops of installing an alpha mod and the almost certain issues and glitches I'll have.

this. kind of want to wait until it's out of alpha i hate dealing with bugs

TheCrow

Crow you are up and running with your PC now? I must've missed a lot. What does your final setup look like?

Is the core Arma II game all that's needed for DayZ? I have it but haven't played it (along with the hundreds of other games I bought during last years Steam sale).
If you just have ARMA2 you'll need to get the Operation Arrowhead expansion. If you already have ARMA i'd say give it a try. None of the bugs that I've come across are game breaking. You might come across some items that you can't pick up or the death by ladder but I haven't seen that before.

BTW Here my new pc (and I cleaned up that fan wire later)

+

Top Bottom