• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox MVP 2005 Tournament V.2: 49ers-age edition!

hey fellas, i setup a tournament page. i know it doesn't look like much right now but i will update with nice graphics and so on. but in the mean-time lets play some tourney games and see how successful it is. here are the details: http://www.49ers-age.com/leagues/

# of innings: 9
# of games per round: 3, 5, 7, (first round is best of 3, second round is best of 5, championship is best of 7)
* I will keep track of overall wins-losses and keep track of who wins the championship each tourney (kind of how we do w/ madden now)
* I haven't setup that stats thing i was talking about so that wont take place right now. lets just see if we can keep a tournament together without EA's assistance

anyways, take a look at that page i filled in the players i thought would play. the players are below, if you dont want to play and youre on the list let me know, and if you DO want to play and you aren't included let me know and maybe we can expand it.

1. fmt
2. dm
3. mrbob
4. ramirez
5. matrix
6. fifty
7. musashi
8. truelize

let me know what you guys think

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I just wanna see if I got this right.
I play Musashi in the best of 3 series to start off with?
Sounds kinda cool to me.
let me know when you are available Musashi. I guess playing like this means we could just play all 3 games (if needed) in a row.

Fifty

I'm down for it. Matrix, PM me with when you can play. Wednesday night is cool.

It's a good idea, provided that we can overcome the lag. The game itself is peerless.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Looks good FMT...sent you a pm Fifty.

so lets start playing immediately. i'll give a week to see if we can get the round done (it's best of 5 so that should be plenty of time). i dont know how successful it is going to be because im not sure everyone "in the tournament" has even seen this thread :D

pass the info along fellas!

Fifty

While everyone is free to do whatever they want in regards to hosting the games, I came up with a good idea just now. I'll use my series with matrix as an example.

Game 1: Fifty hosts

Game 2: Matrix hosts

(it can go either way here, I don't think it matters as long as each of you get to host a game)

Game 3: Whoever has scored the most runs in game 1 and 2 combined gets to host

....As I type these very words, I realize that the opposite plan might work just as well, that is, letting the person who's given up the most runs host....but I think my original idea is just fine. I just wanted to throw this out here for thought.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Why does hosting the game matter?

Host = home field?

And................. FMT your original post states 3 games in round 1. But later you say it's 5. What is it?

Fifty

home field, and I believe less lag (main reason I thought to mention this)

Anyway, REALLY sorry I didn't show tonight, matrix. Something important came up and I just got home now. Sorry dude.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
home field, and I believe less lag (main reason I thought to mention this)

Anyway, REALLY sorry I didn't show tonight, matrix. Something important came up and I just got home now. Sorry dude.

Its cool man,I got some much needed sleep :D

Hit me up with a pm for when you want to play.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, musashi isn't interested in playing in the tourney so we need a replacement player. perhaps scoot will play :D

Sorry dudes. Barely can get my games to go smoothly with the game I hate, so not enough time to do this. Next time.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So what's going on with this? I went and bought TWO baseball games this year cause of GAF and I want to play them darnit.

fellas what i was thinking is we could just randomly over the next couple months play random "series" instead of tournies. I will setup a page on my site and you can submit your wins/losses and against who to me and i can keep a running tally of our records. what do you think? This would mean no deadline and that we play at our leisure and against who we want

Top Bottom