• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

Speevy

Banned
Tabris said:
I thought Ninja Gaiden was the premier action game of our time? Which is also now multi-platform.

However you like. They're both great games, Ninja Gaiden just got REmade. The sequel is still heading to one platform, so far as we know.

Tabris

Mrbob said:
Oh my god this thread is twice the size of the official DMC4 thread.

Sad.

It's cause everyone likes hating on Sony. Any bad Sony news is good news for 90% of GAF members. I wonder if this thread will be bigger than RE4 to PS2 thread. I think it will.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Tabris said:
It's cause everyone likes hating on Sony. Any bad Sony news is good news for 90% of GAF members. I wonder if this thread will be bigger than RE4 to PS2 thread. I think it will.
Any bad news for any of the companies is met with joy and tears from GAF.

Tabris said:
Devil May Cry 3 sold 300k in Japan in 2005. That's the same as a game like Rogue Galaxy. No one would freak out if a game like Rogue Galaxy went multi-platform.

Actually, with the SE re-release that number is more closer to 400 k in Japan.

Speevy

Banned
You can't speak for 90% of this forum. I think people on this forum have in common the fact that $1,000 for two pieces of hardware is too much of an investment.

We want to buy games, and getting ALL of these titles multiplatform is a good start.

Tabris

Speevy said:
You can't speak for 90% of this forum. I think people on this forum have in common the fact that $1,000 for two pieces of hardware is too much of an investment.

We want to buy games, and getting ALL of these titles multiplatform is a good start.

Yeah, so people should be happy about getting the game on the console they can afford/do want instead of happy that a game is being taken away from the console they can't afford/don't want.

Tabris said:

I remember a time when everyone "hated on" MS, and a time when everyone "hated on" Nintendo. It's just Sony's "turn" right now.

HokieJoe

Being a NGB whore, I am curious about this game. Unless there is a ridiculous difference in quality I'll be buying DMC4 for the 360. (I need to give Capcom some love for bringing it over). What about the other games in the series though?

Is it possible that Capcom would release the "Triology", or "Trilogy", or whatever, on the 360 if DMC4 does well? If not I can pick up the PS2 versions for the PS3 I guess. BTW, do DMC 1-3 have any hardware-based emulation problems on the PS3?

HokieJoe

Tabris said:
Yeah, so people should be happy about getting the game on the console they can afford/do want instead of happy that a game is being taken away from the console they can't afford/don't want.

As long as you're getting it for your console of choice does it matter?

Evlar

Banned
HokieJoe said:
Being a NGB whore, I am curious about this game. Unless there is a ridiculous difference in quality I'll be buying DMC4 for the 360. (I need to give Capcom some love for bringing it over). What about the other games in the series though?

Is it possible that Capcom would release the "Triology", or "Trilogy", or whatever, on the 360 if DMC4 does well? If not I can pick up the PS2 versions for the PS3 I guess. BTW, do DMC 1-3 have any hardware-based emulation problems on the PS3?
It's possible; Capcom is no stranger to porting their franchises.

I wonder what Capcom is going to do to establish DMC on the Xbox platform. Will they do NG Sigma like games for DMC 1-3 or will they just rename DMC4 and give it a subtitle?

Speevy

Banned
Tabris said:

Can you not separate in your mind these two ideas

A) People who own an Xbox 360 might think DMC is a fantastic series and desire to play it without buying a PS3

B) People who visit this forum find great entertainment in the evolution of this industry, specifically how it affects the former 70% market leader's position.

We can find both fun in this series and intrigue in this industry. The two are different.

karasu

Speevy said:
B) People who visit this forum find great entertainment in the evolution of this industry, specifically how it affects the former 70% market leader's position.

:lol :lol

LegendofJoe said:
I wonder what Capcom is going to do to establish DMC on the Xbox platform. Will they do NG Sigma like games for DMC 1-3 or will they just rename DMC4 and give it a subtitle?
They're probably (rightly) thinking that most of the people who know and bought the previous games (in NA) are going to be or are already X360 owners... I don't think there's such a need to for getting the X360 userbase acquainted with the series, though it would be cool, anyway.

Speevy said:
People who visit this forum find great entertainment in the evolution of this industry, specifically how it affects the former 70% market leader's position.
Indeed.

LegendofJoe said:

PROTIP: Apparently half of 360 owners weren't Xbox owners.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
_dementia said:
PROTIP: Supposedly half of 360 owners weren't Xbox owners.

fixed

apparently would be used for anecdotal evidence (such as evidence gained from gaf)

supposedly would be used for publicly stated by Microsoft since there's actually some sort of "research" done on their part to state that

They could just port over the anniversary collection set -- add in achievements, leaderboards, and up the resolution. Put it at 20 bucks and you have a hit.

They can't remake anything, there isn't enough time considering DMC4 is due out Oct - Dec of 07.

Wulfer

Jay, said he had the perfect spot on his wall for a pink slip. Wonder if this announcement get's him closer to that dream? WOW just WOW I didn't expect this one to fall, MGS4 time exclusive yes but, not this one!

SeatBelts

Banned
This is good news(not really shocked tbh).I want more multiplatformness, this way there will be less people getting angry over which console is on top and which one isn't, getting angry over which console has the most exclusives and which one doesn't.This is all for the better of gaming really.

MGS4, FFXIII I'm looking at you both.

Streaks

Theres really no game on the Sony front that I'd honestly like to play. I never played a FF before so the franchise means nothing to me and as for MGS, only played #2. Ace Combat looks promising though :)

justjohn

Tabris said:
Devil May Cry 3 sold 300k in Japan in 2005. That's the same as a game like Rogue Galaxy. No one would freak out if a game like Rogue Galaxy went multi-platform.
:lol i'm not surprised everyone conveniently overlooked this post

I don't know if this is from the most recent code build, but the screens do have new aspects to them (shows off some new areas, what seems to be the acceleration system etc.) The visuals are improved, so any whimsical thought of the 360 version holding the game back doesn't seem to be true.

img.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
YES! I loved using Vergil's trick up move in the SE. Nero also seems to be able to fight like Zero as well. Sweet.

I do hope Vergil shows up though.

_Angelus_

Banned
Lots of whining from Sony fans('STOP THE HATE') Heck it sorta sounds like I'm in a time warp. N64 and Saturn fans know what I mean.

karasu said:
man **** Nero or whatever his name is. Show more Dante damnit.

Duck mentioned something about a new boss and area, the scan shows no such thing. Thus, there is another page that hasn't popped up here yet.

Hm, the screen shows a style rank of "D" being Deadly.

Did they change the words from before?

edit: Oh ****, sorry for the double post.

909er

justjohn said:
:lol i'm not surprised everyone conveniently overlooked this post

Whats there to overlook? So, the series in it's last incarnation didn't sell spectacular in Japan. That only it made it more likely to see a Xbox 360 port. Since it's no longer that strong of a series in Japan, might as well release it on the 360 and get at those sweet American sales, where the series still does pretty well.

Top Bottom