• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

People painting Sony as a benevolent company need to check themselves into a loony bin. Companies are companies, they are all as bad as each other, and they would all stab you in the back if there was more money in it. Get over it.

Ben Sones

Nightstick11 said:
Sheesh, I'm just saying Sony has been a benevolent tyrant, and they have done much good for our hobby, so I don't understand this gleeful delight at their hard times. That is all.

I'm not at all gleeful about Sony's troubles; Team ICO is one of my favorite developers, and the PS2 is far and away my favorite console of last gen. That said, Sony has been incredibly smug about their domination of the market, and have made a long chain of incredibly stupid decisions, so it's sort of hard to feel too sorry for them.

SeatBelts

Banned
The Innocent X said:
People painting Sony as a benevolent company need to check themselves into a loony bin. Companies are companies, they are all as bad as each other, and they would all stab you in the back if there was more money in it. Get over it.

WHAT!? I THOUGHT THEY DID IT FOR THE FANS!!!

N-NINTENDO?

M-M-MICROSOFT!?

Saoh

Hunter D said:
Now Nightstick is having a meltdown. Everything he says sony didn't do they did do.

blindfold.jpg

dante786

Banned
travisbickle said:
Probably Shadow of the Collossus or something? That guy hates good games.

Yeah, no one has any valid complaints about Sony or anything, they're perfect. Everyone here just hates games and wants to see their hobby wither and die. I know thats why I'm here, right guys?

typhonsentra said:
Censorship and price-fixing?
go play the uncut version of BMXXX on your PS2...

oh wait! you can't! the only place it was released uncut was on
GameCube

not sure about the price fixing allegation though... but censorship? hell yes.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
P90 said:
This is videogames, not confession. No forgiveness. No mercy.

:lol Exactly. They want my money. They need to prove to me I should give it to them. I have no loyalty to faceless corporations who don't care about me. They care only about one thing, money.

The Innocent X said:

Oh no, not Nintendo. Reggie would never stab me in the back. Offer me a Pikmin orgy, yes, but never stab me in the back. It is not like that company wants my money or anything.

mckmas8808 said:
Question. Why do you hate the PS3 so much?

Sony ruined the Playstation for me. I loved the PS2, it was leaps and bounds ahead of the Xbox and Gamecube, at least for me, last generation. I'm just hoping they can stay down for awhile, learn from their mistakes, and next gen finish what the PS2 started.

P90

Safe Bet said:
Now that all the fanboy bullshit can be set to the side, we will finally see which game wins the DMC vs NG debate.

Two different mindsets involved with the games. I greatly enjoy both games. I'm weaksauce (I still get my @ss handed to me in Ninja dog mode), so I would like NG to have more of the leveling up aspects of DMC.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Nightstick11 said:
Sheesh, I'm just saying Sony has been a benevolent tyrant, and they have done much good for our hobby, so I don't understand this gleeful delight at their hard times. That is all.
oh yeah all that 2D they held back did much good, thanks alot Sony!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
funkmastergeneral said:
Sony ruined the Playstation for me. I loved the PS2, it was leaps and bounds ahead of the Xbox and Gamecube, at least for me, last generation. I'm just hoping they can stay down for awhile, learn from their mistakes, and next gen finish what the PS2 started.

What does that even mean? What did they do to you? Is it the $600 price?

LuCkymoON

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
What does that even mean? What did they do to you? Is it the $600 price?
$599 US dollars was like being raped with words. I dreaded paying $650.
thats why I sold it the next day >_>

SeatBelts

Banned
LuCkymoON said:

Did K.K come up to you with a gun in his hand and told you to buy a ps3? :lol

I wouldn't be surprised if he did :lol

LuCkymoON said:

Exactly. I'm not even happy with the 360's pricing hardware wise or software wise. Next gen pricing is a rape-a-thon.

Uhm, after all this...epic...posts...its quite a hit for Sony offerings towards Microsoft but then again, it could be worse, much worse. Sony and Microsoft have put such similar consoles in hardware power thats its going to be very common to see most developers making their next-gen games for both consoles, which does benefit Sony quite a lot because they are quite below Microsoft userbase. No X360 and all this high budget next-gen games would have to deal with disappointing PS3 sales, and the other option for them would be Wii...such shifting would hurt PS3 more than a X360/PS3 shifting support.

ok, now, just to get a few things out of the way.

1) I'm not a Sony fan-boy, but I respect what they did for the industry.
2) 3rd-party games going multiplatform isn't a good thing, considering that 3rd-party games give each console its special favor.

Oh, and why is that one dude bringing up BMX XXX for Gamecube? We're talking Sony-on-top vs. Nintendo-on-top, and Sony was more benevolent. For reference, my favorite company is Nintendo, and my favorite console was the SNES. And we're not comparing "Ooh Nintendo did this, but Sony did it in a milder way too!" but rather we are comparing "Sony was a more just king than Nintendo ever was". Considering that Nintendo hasn't been on top since 1995 or so, the Gamecube and N64 are irrelevant, mmkay?

"Sony is benevolent" compared to Nintendo. Nobody is saying they are a benevolent, non-profit corporation who's only wish is to bring playstation to starving kids in ethiopia. Jeez, get a grip, people.

For the tl;dr crowd... Sony ushered in a renaissance when they were on top, so what's with this unmitigated hatred?.

I wouldn't be shaking in my boots yet if I was Sony... but if NPD sales continue along a dire trend then I think its time to get concerned. The PS3 isn't exactly a bad console, it has just been poorly designed from a marketing standpoint.

The PS3 is basically a PR nightmare.

Top Bottom