• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
dark_preacher said:
i am so in on whichever version is the best.
Pretty much. I'll be picking up whichever is the best version regardless of platform. Just like last gen.

Thread title should be changed to: "Debilmacrai 4 on Ecksbocksu 360"

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
marioheadbang.gif

A joyous day indeed!

Just one game to go...

mgs4-raiden-face.jpg

Fallout-NL said:
I really hope the PS3 pulls through. Saw it in Amsterdam today, next to it was a Wii stand. Guess which console people were looking at :(. For the first time in my life, I feel like a conservative.

:lol :lol .....protect the hive.....

Manmademan said:
Are you kidding me? Capcom whores out it's franchises like nobody's business. Remember the "Resident evil is exclusive to gamecube!" business last round?

On the other hand, Final Fantasy (other than the MMORPG) has never, ever been multiplatform, and SE rarely makes ports of current franchises. FFXIII is staying right where it is.

Somebody has probably already corrected you, but just in case... Final Fantasy 7 was multiplatform (PSone and PC) and Final Fantasy 11 is multiplatform (PS2, PC, and 360). That's ignoring all the FF->handheld ports.

Defuser said:
Wow,the xbox fanboys finally show themselves now.
No kidding. **** though, SOny has nobody to blame but themselves for this. They should have known Microsoft would be buying studios and multi plat titles to grow their userbase. They should have been preparing for that starting with the machine, but nope I mean MS has only $99999999999999999999999999999999 we should be okay. ****.

RumFore

Banned
No big sites has picked this up and wouldn't Capcom have a press release before that? Either way, selling 2million copies of Dead Rising and Lost Planet woke Capcom up to the money the money to be had with the 360.

raYne

MachoInfinity said:
I guess we now know the reason for the Xbox 1.5 level graphics...

:lol
It begins...

Tokubetsu said:
Always wanted to post this:
shockeyshockedcFVO.gif
You're like that "slow clap" dude from Not Another Teen Movie. You waited all this time to use it... Yet misuse it totally.

NME said:
Good!

And just for shits and giggles, release the first 3 DMC games as a compilation for Xbox 360. It worked for that awful Dead or Alive series.

HAHA... no. Stop trolling. :mad: Good news for 360 owners. :)

Narag

Well this is one of the reasons I wanted a ps3. If the Ace Combat 6 rumor pans out, that was the second of the three reasons. MGS4 would seal the deal for a 360 for me :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Capcom’s "Devil May Cry 4" Goes Multiplatform! Mega-hit Title set for PLAYSTATION® 3, Xbox 360™ and PC!

Capcom Co., Ltd., a world-wide leader in the gaming industry, is proud to announce the development of "Devil May Cry 4" for the PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360™ and PC platforms.

"Devil May Cry" is a series of popular, stylish action games, with a cast of unforgettable characters. Since the release of the original "Devil May Cry" in 2001, the series has shipped 6,800,000 copies as of December 31st, 2006, proudly making it one of Capcom's flagship titles. The series appeal is not limited to games; an animated TV series to be broadcast on Japan's WOWOW network is slated to air Spring 2007. The latest iteration, "Devil May Cry 4" will take advantage of each platform's hardware strengths to achieve the most stunning visuals in the series to date, and the introduction of a mysterious new protagonist will keep the action fast and fresh. Even before its release, "Devil May Cry 4" has been met with tremendous anticipation, as fans patiently endured long lines at TOKYO GAME SHOW 2006 for the chance to play the demo. "Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.

Capcom was among the first software developers in the world to make games for the next-generation consoles, and those efforts have been met with great success. In addition, Capcom's use of an integrated development environment is one of the many methods being employed to improve efficiency and help take advantage of the cutting-edge functionality in next-generation systems.

Capcom will continue to produce titles that appeal to users while pursuing a multiplatform strategy to help enhance profits.

Product Details
1. Title Devil May Cry 4
2. Genre Stylish Action
3. Platform ・PLAYSTATION®3
・Xbox 360™
&#12539;PC<
4. Release Date To be announced.
* PLAYSTATION is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Corporation.
* Xbox 360 is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.

Bluemercury said:
:lol :lol .....protect the hive.....

Dont own a PS3, dont plan on owning anyone anytime soon either (not anymore at least). Ive owned a 360 for over a year now though. So, you're way off.

Kreed

This generation has been crazy. Metal Gear Solid 4 & Final Fantasy 13 confirmed for the 360? "Never" is the new "when".

J-Rzez

In before all the trolls that played off DMC in the past as nothing special, "we got Ninja Gaiden", and all of a sudden in tears of happiness...

Oh wait... nevermind... my ISP is slow tonight...

Another 3rd party goes multiplatform, specifically one that heavily supported the 360 so far this gen... Wowzers/shocked!

Don't be surprised to see MGS go as well... It's going to boil down to First Party efforts anymore, like I said many of times...

m0dus said:
-Don't overreact. this isn't ****ing gamefaqs, so don't act like it.
-There have been numerous such 'false alarms' in the past
-There has not been, as of yet, real confirmation (from what I've seen)
-Very often, we get half-translations of ancient rumors passed off as 'fact' from no-name websites or news orgs.
-Don't post inane smileys with comments like, "there goes my reason for buying a PS3!" you're not fooling anyone, you never were, so spare us the Bullshit.
-Bioshock is going multiplatform.
What the heck does that have to do with anything?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Wario64 said:
Capcom’s "Devil May Cry 4" Goes Multiplatform! Mega-hit Title set for PLAYSTATION® 3, Xbox 360™ and PC!

&#12288;Capcom Co., Ltd., a world-wide leader in the gaming industry, is proud to announce the development of "Devil May Cry 4" for the PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360™ and PC platforms.

&#12288;"Devil May Cry" is a series of popular, stylish action games, with a cast of unforgettable characters. Since the release of the original "Devil May Cry" in 2001, the series has shipped 6,800,000 copies as of December 31st, 2006, proudly making it one of Capcom's flagship titles. The series appeal is not limited to games; an animated TV series to be broadcast on Japan's WOWOW network is slated to air Spring 2007. The latest iteration, "Devil May Cry 4" will take advantage of each platform's hardware strengths to achieve the most stunning visuals in the series to date, and the introduction of a mysterious new protagonist will keep the action fast and fresh. Even before its release, "Devil May Cry 4" has been met with tremendous anticipation, as fans patiently endured long lines at TOKYO GAME SHOW 2006 for the chance to play the demo. "Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.

&#12288;Capcom was among the first software developers in the world to make games for the next-generation consoles, and those efforts have been met with great success. In addition, Capcom's use of an integrated development environment is one of the many methods being employed to improve efficiency and help take advantage of the cutting-edge functionality in next-generation systems.

&#12288;Capcom will continue to produce titles that appeal to users while pursuing a multiplatform strategy to help enhance profits.

Product Details
1. Title Devil May Cry 4
2. Genre Stylish Action
3. Platform &#12539;PLAYSTATION®3
&#12539;Xbox 360™
&#12539;PC<
4. Release Date To be announced.
* PLAYSTATION is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Corporation.
* Xbox 360 is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation.
There we go, official English PR to seal the deal.

"Debilmacrai 4 on Ecksbocksu 360"

KGKK

Banned
Onix said:
In general? Not so far.

Some companies, most notably Capcom, have stated they want to appeal to western audiences more (since they finally acknowledge Japan is no longer the largest game consumer)

360 sales in the US have obviously made them reevaluate what needs to be done to secure better worldwide sales.

Assuming the 360 wins in America, unless Sony has a fall of epic proportions, it will still end up with more world-wide sales (MS just get get going in Japan so far ... and there's a good chance Europe will continue to be Sonyland). With that in mind, the previous rumors about Capcom dropping PS3 support seems quite illogical.

Expect next-next-gen Capcom titles to mostly be PS3/360 ... and for them to put out some Wii exclusives.

Agree with this quote. It's still a supportive reason to get a PS3. Everyone should have seen this coming anyone as it uses the same engine as the LP and DR engine. I do expect them to release LP and DR for the PS3 to as they can prob get about 500k worldwide sales from both titles on the PS3. Capcom learned their lesson from last gen so they are taking the safe route this gen and it is definitely paying off for them so far.

As for MGS4, don't count on it as Kojima went to state several times it is a PS3 only title, not to mention the cell clip in the trailer and Kojimas joy of the BluRay.

Jonnyboy117 said:
Somebody has probably already corrected you, but just in case... Final Fantasy 7 was multiplatform (PSone and PC) and Final Fantasy 11 is multiplatform (PS2, PC, and 360). That's ignoring all the FF->handheld ports.

FF8 also had a PC port.

kevm3

This is a simultaneous release as well? How is Sony so stupid as to let that happen? They really must not care about the gaming aspect of the PS3, but they're going to wisen up when they see consumers won't care to purchase their system.

luffeN

Junpei Heat said:
Who plays DMC on the PC? Wouldn't that be pretty hard?

hm, just use the 360 pc controller ! :D wonder if itll be covered on the next 1up yours

edit: lol, didnt see that there are already 6 pages ^^

Aeon712

Any chance of DMC being good on the PS3 is gone now that will be gimped down to 360 standards. Good thing I don't buy Capcom games.

Thread needs more Oh Snap! images. This is a huge announcement for 360 even if DMC doesn't put up monster numbers. The JP support is waning pretty badly on PS3.

NomarTyme said:
I wonder if Shane is going to call up sick for 1up yours, Come on Luke break it to him gently!

Wasn't it Shane who said that Devil May Cry 4 at the TGS last year showed a "tangible difference" over 360 games?

USD

Holy shit. If MGS4 goes multi, my 360 will forever be an off-white color from me cumming all over it.

CrushDance said:
No kidding. **** though, SOny has nobody to blame but themselves for this. They should have known Microsoft would be buying studios and multi plat titles to grow their userbase. They should have been preparing for that starting with the machine, but nope I mean MS has only $99999999999999999999999999999999 we should be okay. ****.

were you crying when you wrote this... seriously

sonys just bad at the business thats all.. its like they had no clue or badly misjudged why PS2 was so popular or something

Kittonwy

Banned
Oh well, should have seen the writing on the wall, can't say I'm not disappointed because I am, I would be lying if I say I'm as excited about the game now that it's going multi, kind of glad to have some first-party 3D action games to look forward to now that some of the exclusives have gone multiplatform.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom