• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

Beezy

This thread is ****in' hilarious. I can barely keep up with it. :lol

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
PS3 fans:

wegotrobbed.gif

:lol :lol :lol

I can't wait to see what some of them have to say about this.

Edit:

Aeon712 said:
Any chance of DMC being good on the PS3 is gone now that will be gimped down to 360 standards. Good thing I don't buy Capcom games.

It begins! :lol :lol :lol

Ranger X

zzz

Most third party won't make exclusives this gen. (at least, less then we are used to). There's too much money involved when develloping PS3 and 360 games + none of them is the clear leader yet. It's simply too much risk to go exclusive and Microsoft or Sony probably won't pay enough to convince third parties.

Next-gen console war is by the first party stuff.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Aeon712 said:
Any chance of DMC being good on the PS3 is gone now that will be gimped down to 360 standards. Good thing I don't buy Capcom games.

There's no such a difference between PS3 and Xbox360. the 1080 vs 780 will make the numbers.

Joe211

kevm3 said:
This is a simultaneous release as well? How is Sony so stupid as to let that happen? They really must not care about the gaming aspect of the PS3, but they're going to wisen up when they see consumers won't care to purchase their system.

Damn who is running Sony right now?

Mashing

I think this has less to do with the PS3 underperforming than it does with attempting to offset development costs. [/damagecontrol]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Everyone wins from this news. There's no excuse to skip over one of the best action franchies in gaming. Well, unless you're a Nfan LOL

jvalioli

m0dus said:
Now GAF, before you overreact in typical . . . well . . GAF fashion, I would implore the more hyperactive of you to take a deep breath. walk away from the keyboard for a while. maybe watch some TV. Calm down. take a deep breath;

-Don't overreact. this isn't ****ing gamefaqs, so don't act like it.
-don't act like brazen fanboys. I don't care if your suddenly praising capcom or cursing their name, it's obnoxious.
-There have been numerous such 'false alarms' in the past.
-There has not been, as of yet, real confirmation (from what I've seen)
-Very often, we get half-translations of ancient rumors passed off as 'fact' from no-name websites or news orgs.
-Don't post inane smileys with comments like, "there goes my reason for buying a PS3!" you're not fooling anyone, you never were, so spare us the Bullshit.
-if this is good news to you, accept it with some dignity. being a jackass will bite you in the ass 2 weeks down the road when the exclusive you've been hinging all your fanboy arguments on goes to some other machine.
-Bioshock is going multiplatform.

Have a great thread, I expect the server load of registered members to lighten up quite a bit after all the all-nite ban-holocaust.
I guess Capcom's official site is a no name site posting half-translations.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
chibcicylist said:
Is it still a banable offense to mention FFXIII on the Wii?

That won't happen- they're already far into development. Kingdom Hearts and the next DQ looks Wii bound IMO.

KGKK said:
As for MGS4, don't count on it as Kojima went to state several times it is a PS3 only title, not to mention the cell clip in the trailer and Kojimas joy of the BluRay.

While I'm sure Kojima would want to keep it PS3, it's really not up to him.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh, god. This is just unbelievable. It's almost unreal. And (for me at least) this has zero to do with fanboyism, but just the sheer fact that this is happening to the Titan that was Sony. Would ANYONE have imagined PS3 losing AN exclusive let alone exclusives left and right? It's like this is a parallel dimension we've shifted in or something.

As a college student who only owns a 360 and doesn't plan to own a PlayStation 3 this is great news for me. But I'm more interested in seeing more DMC4 and hearing if there'll be any extra features than rubbing it in PS3 owners faces.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Kittonwy said:
Oh well, should have seen the writing on the wall, can't say I'm not disappointed because I am, I would be lying if I say I'm as excited about the game now that it's going multi, kind of glad to have some first-party 3D action games to look forward to now that some of the exclusives have gone multiplatform.
Indifferent2.gif

WTF? I don't understand why going multiplatform should diminish anyone's anticipation of a game. You already knew it was running on the same engine as Lost Planet and DR, hence, it was going to be performant without sacrificing any visual quality.

DMC4 will likely not have changed at all on PS3 due to this news.

So, what games that interest me are PS3 exclusive, again?

FFXIII
WKS...

Not that I was ever actually planning to get a PS3 anyway (not unless there were some serioud price drops), but this makes the Wii60 combo that much sweeter.

Zilch

Banned
Is it wrong for me to get such a kick out of seeing people like Defuser and CrushDance meltdown in this thread?

That's entertainment!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Well if Che says MGS4 to 360 then I gotta put some faith in it, and that was the only reason I was going to plomp down for a PS3.

Friend of mine said he'd cry bitter tears of salt if it did get ported, but after this "Crapcom" multi port debacle and Konami's half-assedness in the past 12 months I can see it coming.

HolyStar

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol PS3 vs XBox is still up in the air!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol Now the will have XBOX360 have MGS3 and FFXIII will increase 10 fold.

Oh yeah and LEGENDARY TOPIC

:lol :lol :lol

Kittonwy said:
Oh well, should have seen the writing on the wall, can't say I'm not disappointed because I am, I would be lying if I say I'm as excited about the game now that it's going multi, kind of glad to have some first-party 3D action games to look forward to now that some of the exclusives have gone multiplatform.
Indifferent2.gif

Come on man, the game is not going to be any different cause its on the 360 too. Its still the same DMC we all know and love.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I hope this will be the swift kick in the nuts that Sony needs to lower the price of the effing PS3. The 100% main and only reason my friends/relatives dont buy a ps3 is because of the PRICE. Losing exclusives definitely isn't helping either, especially a previous Playstation-only exclusive like DMC.

ToyMachine228 said:
As a college student who only owns a 360 and doesn't plan to own a PlayStation 3 this is great news for me. But I'm more interested in seeing more DMC4 and hearing if there'll be any extra features than rubbing it in PS3 owners faces.
Rumble & Achievements are already a huge plus.

Top Bottom