• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

I missed out. Really. Last gen I said GC instead of PS2 now I say PS3 and Wii but end up being burned by the "high and mighty machine" pfft. Good job Sony. I don't understand hwo they could have lost this knowing very well that their suffering in terms of PS sales. I guess it's xbox's turn for two gens then we switch back to Nintendo.

*sigh*

story.jpg

Raistlin

TheGreatDave said:
I don't think they could get a 360 version out this year (assuming the PS3 game is) but why wouldn't you put the game on 360 after 6 months or so?

It probably won't be an easy port. Kojima and crew generally take advantage of the strengths of the system they are targeting. They've already made mention of the need for BluRay for the title, and who knows what they're offloading onto CELL.

KGKK

Banned
Danielsan said:
Ahh just thinking of the great possibiltities with the achievements makes me happy in the pants.
Now make it online 2 player co-op Capcom!

You guys act as if PS3 can't go online:lol

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Firestorm said:
DQIX was insaner wasn't it? By the by, why wasn't the DQIX moved to forum archive? That thread was as legendary as anything.

Crazier gaming news ever. I won't forget that day easily.

CrushDance said:
I guess it's xbox's turn for two gens then we switch back to Nintendo.

Well, that's assuming too much. Nintendo is on a roll too and seems to be catchy with the non-gamers scene. So, watch out. Sony seems beaten though.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Notice this...CAPCOM did this *right before* the PS3's Euro launch...damn...they're sending the exact same message to people right now that they did when they announced RE4 to PS2 before the GCN version even launched!

Another thing...Blu-Ray am not needed for next-gen total!

Kittonwy

Banned
chespace said:
WTF? I don't understand why going multiplatform should diminish anyone's anticipation of a game. You already knew it was running on the same engine as Lost Planet and DR, hence, it was going to be performant without sacrificing any visual quality.

DMC4 will likely not have changed at all on PS3 due to this news.

What's there to understand? I was merely stating how I felt at the moment. You were not required to understand what I wrote. It's not like I'm not getting the game on the PS3 because I will still buy it on day one, I just don't feel as excited about it now, that's all.
Indifferent2.gif

Onix said:
It probably won't be an easy port. Kojima and crew generally take advantage of the strengths of the system they are targeting. They've already made mention of the need for BluRay for the title, and who knows what they're offloading onto CELL.

Which is why I doubt they could get it out on the same day, but worse comes to worse just downgrade it a bit and stick it on 3 discs. It's got to be worth whatever money it would cost to get a team to do it.

Kittonwy said:
Oh well, should have seen the writing on the wall, can't say I'm not disappointed because I am, I would be lying if I say I'm as excited about the game now that it's going multi, kind of glad to have some first-party 3D action games to look forward to now that some of the exclusives have gone multiplatform.
Indifferent2.gif

I don't understand this mentality. The game is still coming to the PS3, and in all likeliness, will be the same game it would have been had it been an exclusive.

Kosma

Banned
RumpledForeskin said:
No big sites has picked this up and wouldn't Capcom have a press release before that? Either way, selling 2million copies of Dead Rising and Lost Planet woke Capcom up to the money the money to be had with the 360.

map_nile2nubia.JPG

KarishBHR

I am really not trying to be a troll, but this was one of the few games I was jealous of the PS3 for.

Me more confident of 360 purchase CONFIRMED :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Well, now I only have one real reason to get a PS3 right now.

Well, this is much nicer on my wallet that's for sure.

vpance

This shouldn't be all that much of a surprise, but still fun news nonetheless :)

Is it a by product of Sony's poor decision making this gen? Or just a matter of Capcom basically looking out for itself? Whichever it is, Sony just isn't paying for exclusives this gen. They rather pour the money into their 1st party studios.

scarybore

PhoenixDark said:
rotk0173xh5.jpg

Many accounts were lost to make this victory possible. Hail the victorious dead

rotk0174pl6.jpg

Doom Bringer...

rotk0205tu7.jpg

No news of Konami?

rotk0206wh1.jpg

None yet, but perhaps Kojima will jump in so we may all jack off

rotk0208ie4.jpg

But what does your heart tell you?

rotk0209ri2.jpg

That the 360 can't run MGS4 without Blu Ray lol

ttt0842rs4.jpg

...damn shame

It never gets old!

Some of the posts in this thread are just embarrassing. :lol

LittleTokyo said:
I don't understand this mentality. The game is still coming to the PS3, and in all likeliness, will be the same game it would have been had it been an exclusive.
The main point is that TONS of people were going to buy the PS3 for this game, but now they're not. And just think of what this will do for the Japan sales since the 360 is hella cheap there.

Zynx

I'm not surprised. If you assume that DMC4 will cost, say, 2x as much as Dead Rising (40mil) in total budget, and assume retailer take of 10 and a platform holder take of 10 (so gross profit per copy would be 60-20 = 40), Capcom needs to sell 2 mil copies just to break even. And of course, when you're making a game, you want to make a profit, and given that making games is a risk, you want a larger profit to compensate for the risk you're taking. And with the current PS3 installbase rather low and not growing too rapidly, you need to tap the XBox install base as well to meet your sales goals, even if it adds a little cost to port it over.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Kittonwy said:
What's there to understand? I was merely stating how I felt at the moment. You were not required to understand what I wrote. It's not like I'm not getting the game on the PS3 because I will still buy it on day one, I just don't feel as excited about it now, that's all.
Indifferent2.gif

Oh okay. I get it. As a PS3 fanboy, you're completely ****ing crushed. :)

11352970292449su.jpg

KarishBHR

If MGS4 goes to 360 I really feel like the PS3 is ****ed. When I talked to people they really want the ps3 for final fantasy, mgs, and dmc

Top Bottom