• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oha Suta Reveals New Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Trailer

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Japanese variety show Oha Suta, which just aired, was promised to deliver information on Ultra Sun and Moon and it....showed a new trailer.

It doesn't really show a lot, except footage of the new shadowy figures we saw in the poster art from a few weeks back (one is named Zionira), the fact you'll now encounter more of the Ultra Beasts in the story (such as Guzzlord appearing before Nanu), and that you'll get to ride Solgaleo and Lunaala in special segments as you fly through what appears to be Ultra Space.

Here's the official Japanese YouTube version of the trailer!

Smasher89

Ah cool, was trying to find the time for when it was supposed to air, bet it'll be easily found in like a hour then!

Gin-Shiio

This would have been an acceptable 3rd version before B2/W2, but now it just seems lacklustre. A hard pass, really.

VegiHam

Yay, new trailer! Any idea when it'll find its way to YouTube?

Edit: Oh, immediately apparently. Damn that trailer was hype as hell.

lupinko

There will probably be a new mythical because they blew their load with Magearna being a QR code and Marshadow as this year's movie event.

They need a new mythical to help sell the 2018 movie in Japan.

Red Devil

There will probably be a new mythical because they blew their load with Magearna being a QR code and Marshadow as this year's movie event.

They need a new mythical to help sell the 2018 movie in Japan.

It could always be a Gen VIII mythical.

I hate that this is where my mind goes... but I still wish this was on Switch.

But! I really do like the story focus and the apparent increase in cutscenes.

I'd be okay with Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon if we were getting a set of remakes after it to finish up Gen VII but since that's unlikely and they'll probably move onto Gen VIII on the Switch, this seems really weak.

Ultra Wormhole Minigame, new cutscenes, more new areas and new characters. The trailer was hype. Much better than every presentation of this game before. It's been a long time for a new 3rd game in a gen. Ultra Space looks like it might be getting more fleshed out too like the distortion world from Platinum.

Aleh

Oh my God. You guys can't even start to imagine how hyped I got from this trailer. The story additions look absolutely amazing and the Necrozma cutscene with the golden light is tripping me the fuck out because it must have some link with the mysterious light in the boxart. Honestly I don't know how anyone could watch this trailer and remain unimpressed. I just wish I knew Japanese to get a least a slight clue of what's going on

Ultra Beasts are cool. The only problem with them is that their presence felt super tacked on in SM.

I'm really hoping Burst is Fire/Fairy because that would be awesome.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ooooh so it looks like that Ultra Beast will play a bigger role in Ultra Sun and Moon and we will get to explore more of Ultra Space.

So can't wait and luckily the game is out next month so we don't have long to go.

Forkball

That trailer was pretty rad.

A few notes:

Few rough translations.
At the beginning, Kukui says that in the ancient times when Alola was covered in darkness, people and Pokemon used the light to rid of it.

Zionia, the new bad guy, is guessing that Necrozma is going to steal the light of Alola.

Lusamine is telling people to escape and that it (guessing Necrozma) is a monster. FACE TURN.

The slogan is something like "This is not the Alola you know." Wait, a place that's not Alola.... SINNOH. SINNOH CONFIRMED

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I was skeptical on this release, but now I'm sitting here debating which version I should buy day one. I guess this trailer did its job.

MicH

I just realized that Necrozma is probably gonna consume
Nebby :(
to become the new form.

Also, if they skip out on post-game content again I'm gonna be really annoyed.

Story seems cool... but there's more than that in a Pokemon game, and the content in Sun and Moon was disappointing to me. Ultra Sun/Moon doesn't give me confidence that this is a content-rich game ala BW2, Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Shit, judging by this video, there's probably more story driven stuff, that I can see them actually cutting more content to fit.

I am trying, but I cannot be hype for this game. Not worth the 40 bucks if it's just a more embellished story.

Hylian7

They are 100% new Pokémon

And let me guess, just like the new Mega Evolutions of ORAS, they're not going to patch them into the original Sun and Moon.

I think that's a really crappy thing to not even have all the games in the same generation be 100% compatible with each other.

Top Bottom