• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OK K.O.! Let's be Heroes |OT| K.O.!

Psxphile

"Know Your Mom" airs in twenty minutes

tumblr_ouquyf3o5c1qbxscio1_1280.png

Tonight’s episode of OK KO, boarded by me + @parkerrsimmons, is a love letter to moms and…..nu metal?!?! Don’t miss “Know Your Mom”!
Ryan Shannon

cute

Psxphile

Tonight at half-past 6,
Last one for the week!
It's "We're Captured!" featuring
a new villain and his little ratfink!

tumblr_ouugz1g69c1qlh9h7o1_540.gif

TONIGHT at 6:30 EST!! Get captured with the crew and see a once in a lifetime performance by @KariWahlgren in a star broadway turn
Parker Simmons

tumblr_ouu815WvXi1qbxscio1_1280.png

“We’re Captured” by Me + @parkersimmonsyall airs tonite on CN! This ep is rly special to me + was one of my favorites to work on. Pls tune in!!
Ryann Shannon

10+ minutes to go!

I must have never encountered it in my school yard days, but apparently Shannon was singing the very beginning of
the Diarrhea Song.

And they actually put that moment as the promo gif. The absolute madmen.

Easily the best episode so far. At times, it felt like a spin on that classic Skinner/Superintendent Chalmers "steamed hams" bit from the Simpsons.

Psxphile

I can't not hear Jim's Darkwing whenever Boxman talks in this episode.

I must have never encountered it in my school yard days, but apparently Shannon was singing the very beginning of
the Diarrhea Song.

And they actually put that moment as the promo gif. The absolute madmen.

tumblr_inline_ouusreNq0X1v5bftd_540.gif

got it right when boxman started freaking out

EDIT: next week's episodes are now on VOD
"Face Your Fears" - The heroes play an arcade game that makes them face their greatest fears.
"Everybody Likes Rad?" - When Rad posts a video that goes viral, he tries to milk his fifteen minutes of fame.
"You Have To Care" - When an old friend of Enid's comes to town, she gets the opportunity to right an ancient wrong.
"Plaza Prom" - When Rad throws his own prom at the Plaza, KO tries to make sure it goes off without a hitch.

Holy cow, every single one of the four episodes in VOD are on-point and just as good as the last two! If anybody is on the fence on this show, I highly recommend any of these six episodes. The show has finally found its voice and I'm 100% on board.

Psxphile

First promo artwork for the week is up:

tumblr_ov1j20xd091qheiz5o1_1280.png

Have you ever wondered what a hero of Mr. Gar’s caliber could possibly be afraid of? Do you want to know a little more of the backstory of OK K.O.?? DO YOU WANT TO SEE HOW MANY VIDEO GAME REFERENCES I CAN CRAM INTO MY SECTION OF THE EPISODE???

Find out TONIGHT on OK K.O., at 6:30pm! Face Your Fears!

It’s gonna be a doozy!
Dave Alegre

Psxphile

No promo art yesterday... poor forgotten Rad. ;_;

But we got some for today's episode, and for good reason:

tumblr_ov5hhtV2fq1qg740fo1_1280.png

new ok ko episode, “you have to care” airs tonight at 6:30 pm on cartoon network! this ep means a lot to me! pls tune in!

written/boarded by @dannyducker and me
Stevie Borbolla

tumblr_ov4ofc84Vt1rz3qtwo1_1280.png

who the heck is elodie? and why does enid act so weird when she makes a surprise visit to the plaza??

find out TONIGHT in You Have to Care @ 6:30pm on Cartoon Network, boarded by myself and stevie!!!
Danny Ducker

From childhood friends to bitter rivals 💔 Discover Elodie and Enid's past TONIGHT at 6:30P!

DH8PLTDXUAA2Mjb.jpg
CN Twitter

Caught up between yesterday and today. The fact that this is a real piece of production material is incredible to me:

Is this what happens when people are told to "make their own stories"? Because I love it.

Psxphile

Got around to watching all the current episodes. I'm liking it way more than I thought I would.
I really like those robot designs, feels like they have multiple inspirations from Megaman, Sonic, and little of Tezuka. I think they would make great mini figures you get out of capsules from gumball vendors.
I will admit the art looks a little crude in some frames at times. Ednid's legs are always changing sizes!
Favorite thing is the voice cast. Surprising to see so many voice actors from late 90s early 00 anime dubs in this. David Herman and Steven Ogg are also unexpected surprises as well. David is usually in adult animated sitcoms like Bob's Burgers and King of the Hill.

Also love Shannon because Kari Walhgren.
DIIIRuQW0AA42lk.jpg

Shannon's the best character so far. I love how she alternates between being a spoiled brat who's an actual threat and being just as much of a stupid dork as her brother Darrel. Her getting a badass intro and then completely screwing up her lipstick for a disguise was probably the hardest I laughed in the first two episodes.

caliph95

Shannon's the best character so far. I love how she alternates between being a spoiled brat who's an actual threat and being just as much of a stupid dork as her brother Darrel. Her getting a badass intro and then completely screwing up her lipstick for a disguise was probably the hardest I laughed in the first two episodes.
I agree with that a lot

She's my favorite character in the show

zulux21

I'm a fan of Dendy.

part of that is I am just a sucker for adorkable characters.
another part of that is I like Gaz from invader zim
another part of that is I like Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV from Cowboy Bebop :p

TheSun

Like, I wanna get in the show, looks cool, but I hate the protags design so much.

Gonna get caught up with the show anyways.

caliph95

I'm a fan of Dendy.

part of that is I am just a sucker for adorkable characters.
another part of that is I like Gaz from invader zim
another part of that is I like Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivruski IV from Cowboy Bebop :p
Yeah Wendy is great as well do hope we see more of her

I remember listening to an episode of the "Pizza Party Podcast" where a storyboarder who works on TTG said something like "Yeah...the ONLY thing we can actually get away with is legs." in reference to sex appeal in CN's family/kid-aimed programs:

tumblr_ov7c5iJV061smqcdfo1_1280.jpg

This rule seems to be in full effect on OK K.O.
I mean, DAMN, the woman's got more legs than a bucket of fried chicken. haha
Cutsey poofy anime magical girl up top, fierce leggy floozy on the bottom.
I love it.

In all seriousness though, I do think this show is really hitting the mark in regards to character design. There are a lot of very appealing lookin' characters.

caliph95

I remember listening to an episode of the "Pizza Party Podcast" where a storyboarder who works on TTG said something like "Yeah...the ONLY thing we can actually get away with is legs." in reference to sex appeal in CN's family/kid-aimed programs:

tumblr_ov7c5iJV061smqcdfo1_1280.jpg

This rule seems to be in full effect on OK K.O.
I mean, DAMN, the woman's got more legs than a bucket of fried chicken. haha
Cutsey poofy anime magical girl up top, fierce leggy floozy on the bottom.
I love it.

In all seriousness though, I do think this show is really hitting the mark in regards to character design. There are a lot of very appealing lookin' characters.
That explains a lot

Psxphile

Future episode titles revealed.

We know about the first two, but the rest are new to me:

Season 1 - Episode 23 : Second First Date (Sep 1, 2017)
Season 1 - Episode 24 : One Last Score (Sep 1, 2017)
Season 1 - Episode 25 : T.K.O. (Labor Day Sep 4, 2017)
Searching for power, KO accepts the help of a mysterious figure; the heroes band together to save the plaza from a new menace.
Season 1 - Episode 26 : Stop Attacking the Plaza (Sep 8, 2017)
Boxman must go 24 hours without attacking Lakewood Plaza Turbo.
Season 1 - Episode 27 : We've Got Fleas (Sep 15, 2017)
KO, Rad, and Enid have to think outside the box to defeat Mikayla, a new animalistic robot.
Season 1 - Episode 28 : No More Pow Cards (Sep 22, 2017)
When KO realizes Pow Cards exclude his friend, he's at a loss of what to do.
Season 1 - Episode 29 : Plazalympics (Sep 29, 2017)
KO takes part in Lakewood Plaza Turbo's annual Plazalympic's competition.
Season 1 - Episode 30 : A Hero's Fate (Sep 29, 2017)
When a long-lost hero stumbles into Gar's, KO agrees to help him complete his years long quest.

Psxphile

Is this going to episode of the week, or are we going to see some overarching story telling like SU?

There will probably be some arcs strewn in, references made to previous episodes and the like. We've already seen some lore building in progress. Just don't expect OK K.O.! to treat it super-seriously.

The more I think about this show, the more I like it. Seeing the storyboard artists doing fanart of the characters is super cool. It's almost, kinda filling the void that SU left in that you can see the anime/80s/90s cartoons/video game references everywhere.

vypek

What are the first and last screenshots a reference to?

Also, love that the Commander Keen character is still showing up and even has lines

vypek

Death Note is the first one

Thanks!

That whole sequence seemed to be an homage of Gainax/Studio TRIGGER, Cutie Honey and Lupin all rolled into one.

Ah okay. I thought of Lupin when they were using different colors for the characters and backgrounds but I've only seen like 2 episodes of it so I thought maybe it could have been from something else and I was making a connection that didn't exist. Pretty cool references

Caught the episode on demand. Lord Box Man and his robot children continue to be my favorite part of the show. They hate friendship, but they're such an oddly adorable villain family.

vypek

Finally finished the special and last episode of the season. The show grew on me a little more over the season. It's not bad.

Psxphile

ZWloJ9s.gif

Episode 27 : We've Got Fleas
KO, Rad, and Enid have to think outside the box to defeat Mikayla, a new animalistic robot.

tumblr_owc6f0Lr861qcwu03o1_1280.jpg

New ep of OK KO written/boarded by me and @miraongchua​: WE'VE GOT FLEAS!!! I don't usually do promo images but.... this episode was very dear to my heart. �� Find out why TONIGHT at 6:30PM EST!!
Geneva Hodgson

[movietrailervoice]
THIS FRIDAY...

THE FUR
IS REALLY
GOING TO FLY.

[/movietrailervoice]

Top Bottom