• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OK K.O.! Let's be Heroes |OT| K.O.!

Ogodei

Only a matter of time before Swat Kats makes a cameo on one of these CN shows now...

Turner ran it a lot on Boomerang once upon a time.

I wonder if the Tremblay Bros' efforts to get the rights back to pitch the show to other networks (since Warner Bros passed on their revival pitch that got kickstarted) might hamstring CN's ability to use the IP in new endeavors for cameos or something, though.

vypek

Man, my new episode post is stuck on the previous page. :(

They never left. We've been getting at least one new episode every week since August. Last week we got three!

Oh. Lol for some reason I thought they took a break cause the episodes seemed to have petered off. Guess I just didn't pay attention to the timing of the dates.

Thought after the 1st season finale finished there would be a long break like other CN shows. Glad it's not on break

vypek

We are?! I'm just so lost on everything happening with this show. Lol.

As an aside, didn't care too much for the latest episode too much but it did introduce another character and Dendy appeared again so it's still pretty good :)

caliph95

So they sneaked in a furry episode somehow

I do love dendy and appearing out of nowhere and hope she continues that way

Dendy: I can help
Rad:Dendy!!, what were you doing in my vaaaaaaaan

Dendy: You didn't ask
Rad:Dendy!! Seriously get out of my vaaaaaan

Psxphile

So they sneaked in a furry episode somehow

I do love dendy and appearing out of nowhere and hope she continues that way

Dendy: I can help
Rad:Dendy!!, what were you doing in my vaaaaaaaan

Dendy: You didn't ask
Rad:Dendy!! Seriously get out of my vaaaaaan

tumblr_owd3drndwh1wxw7cko3_540.gif

vypek

So is for now on the crew just animals in perpetual reverse-furry costumes

I don't think they'd have that continuity. I just think it's one of those episodes where it does something silly and returns to status quo next episode.

I used to hate episodes where something changes and they don't return things to normal by the end lol

Tizoc

Caught up to Ep. 22 and the recent episodes have been quite funny.

If you don't mind me asking, have any fellow GAFfers found their younger relatives or kids enjoying the show?

Psxphile

Barely-making-it-in-time reminder that a new episode premieres tonight @ 6:30pm ET. Sorry no promos have been uploaded. :(

Season 1 - Episode 28 : No More Pow Cards (Sep 22, 2017)
When KO realizes Pow Cards exclude his friend, he's at a loss of what to do.

It's a
tumblr_owd3drndwh1wxw7cko1_540.gif
episode.

EDIT: *sneakily edits in late promo* ah, the perfect crime... just in time for the west coast airing!
tumblr_owpeffyMTv1rz3qtwo1_1280.gif

lil late for the east coast but tune in tonight for NO MORE POW CARDS at 6:30pm on CN !!!! boarded by me & @stebvi
Danny Ducker

Wow, this ended up being the series’ second “surprisingly woke” episode after “Everyone Loves Rad?” Pretty impressive that they made an episode that was basically about institutional racism so wacky.

zulux21

I'm more surprised that an anime voice actress and crew who is clearly a fan of Japanese stuff couldn't pronounce
kappa
correctly :/

oh well, it's a fantasy world, I will just have to accept that it's pronounced that way in that world instead of properly doing ah sounds for the a's :p

Psxphile

Bit of an odd episode well...I mean compared to how OK KO usually is. Also dam Deny is higher then K.O,

Yeah that's odd. Her pack and I.Q. must give her an edge.
What I found even odder is her father being a Level 6. He's probably got some stories...

Dendy's incredibly powerful for her age. She can hack pretty much anything.

Someone pointed out that she was originally listed in some promo stuff as a Level 0 hero. I'd like to imagine that changing POW cards to be no longer racist against kappas is a big enough deal to bump her up to a Level 1.

Another theory that people have thrown around is that POW card levels are also experience-point based. That would explain why older characters generally have higher levels, including Dendy's dad. There could be a powerful kid like Dendy, but they aren't old enough to have built the experience to level up.

zulux21

Dendy's incredibly powerful for her age. She can hack pretty much anything.

Someone pointed out that she was originally listed in some promo stuff as a Level 0 hero. I'd like to imagine that changing POW cards to be no longer racist against kappas is a big enough deal to bump her up to a Level 1.

Another theory that people have thrown around is that POW card levels are also experience-point based. That would explain why older characters generally have higher levels, including Dendy's dad. There could be a powerful kid like Dendy, but they aren't old enough to have built the experience to level up.

or vegeta has you covered.

:p

I would call the exp theory completely busted due to K.O. still only being level .1 despite all the robots he has fought though and beating up high level people even if it was the darkness within doing it.

If you've followed Ian Jones-Quartey's work from the very, very beginning, then the following info is gonna feel like a very big deal.

An upcoming episode of OK K.O. is called
A Hero's Fate
. Sound generic, but judging by leaked footage and a quick shot in a Cartoon Network ad, it's going to revolve around
Hero, the main character of Ian JQ's web comic RPG World, which started all the way back in 2000. Or at least someone that looks exactly like him.

RPG World
was one of the first webcomics I ever read 17 goddamn years ago when I was just entering high school. It was never finished because
Ian decided to focus on working in the animation industry. Even with his entire career, Ian has always been "the RPG World guy" to me.
Now we might
end up getting some sort of conclusion as part of a Cartoon Network cartoon.

To say this is mind-blowing to me is an understatement. I'm in my early 30s now and a webcomic I read as a young teen is suddenly almost coming to life and possibly
psuedo-concluded on TV.
It's surprisingly emotional to see an obscure comic character from my formative years suddenly alive and talking on screen. The closest thing I can imagine is Usagi Yojimbo fans seeing Usagi show up in cameos as part of the original TMNT series.

vypek

If you've followed Ian Jones-Quartey's work from the very, very beginning, then the following info is gonna feel like a very big deal.

An upcoming episode of OK K.O. is called
A Hero's Fate
. Sound generic, but judging by leaked footage and a quick shot in a Cartoon Network ad, it's going to revolve around
Hero, the main character of Ian JQ's web comic RPG World, which started all the way back in 2000. Or at least someone that looks exactly like him.

RPG World
was one of the first webcomics I ever read 17 goddamn years ago when I was just entering high school. It was never finished because
Ian decided to focus on working in the animation industry. Even with his entire career, Ian has always been "the RPG World guy" to me.
Now we might
end up getting some sort of conclusion as part of a Cartoon Network cartoon.

To say this is mind-blowing to me is an understatement. I'm in my early 30s now and a webcomic I read as a young teen is suddenly almost coming to life and possibly
psuedo-concluded on TV.
It's surprisingly emotional to see an obscure comic character from my formative years suddenly alive and talking on screen. The closest thing I can imagine is Usagi Yojimbo fans seeing Usagi show up in cameos as part of the original TMNT series.

Wow that seems really cool. Reading this actually makes me a lot more interested in that episode. Sounds terrific.

Psxphile

Updated Episode Title + Description list:

Season 1 - Episode 29 : Plazalympics (Sep 29, 2017) *seems to have been moved? No longer airing on the 29th... or at all*
KO takes part in Lakewood Plaza Turbo's annual Plazalympic's competition.
Season 1 - Episode 30 29 : A Hero's Fate (Sep 29, 2017)
When a long-lost hero stumbles into Gar's, KO agrees to help him complete his years long quest.
Season 1 - Episode 30 : Let's Have a Stakeout! (Sep 29, 2017)
Mr. Gar tasks K.O., Enid and Rad with capturing a "plaza creeper" who is actually the shadowy figure from "T.K.O."
Season 1 - Episode 31 : KO's Video Channel (Oct 06, 2017)
Enid and Rad discover that KO has a video channel.
Season 1 - Episode 32 : Rad Likes Robots (Oct 06, 2017)
Rad finds love in an unexpected place.
Season 1 - Episode 33 : The Power is Yours! (Oct 09, 2017)
When Lord Boxman is trashing the Plaza with pollutants, K.O., Rad, and Enid recruit Captain Planet and Planeteer Kwame to help.
Season 1 - Episode 34 : The Glory Days (Oct 16, 2017)
Season 1 - Episode 35 : Plaza Shorts 1 (Oct 20, 2017) *maybe online-only shorts and not an actual episode*
KO's inner monologue; news report on an exciting day at Gar's; Lord Boxman eplains where all the robots that constantly attack the Plaza come from; KO, Rad, and Enid try to figure out the mysterious adventure Mr. Gar keeps holo-phoning from.
Season 1 - Episode 36 : We Got Hacked! (Oct 27, 2017)
Dendy helps KO, Enid and Rad stop a glitch that threatens to take over the bodega.
Season 1 - Episode 37 : Parent's Day (Oct 27, 2017)
It's Parents' Day at Lakewood Plaza Turbo!
Season 1 - Episode 38 : Seize the Date (TBA)
Love is in the air, and Cupid arrives to resolve romantic tension around the plaza.
sources: moviefone.com, zap2it.com

Promo pics for tomorrow's premieres:
tumblr_owwp7agEmE1qlh9h7o1_1280.gif

This Friday: tune in to OK KO: Let's Be Heroes to watch a very special episode where KO meets a familiar hero from a certain webcomic. Boarded by me and @ryannshannon
Parker Simmons

TWO NEW EPISODES OF OK K.O. ON FRIDAY NIGHT!!! and in one of them, a certain shadowy figure returns..?!? Boarded by me and @bootswithnofur !

DK2iZIxUMAAPWl3.jpg
Dave Alegre

dis gonna be gud

I... I wanna pet that dog girl from "No More Pow Cards" so bad. She is just way too cute!
tumblr_inline_owpe21W3mD1sbt53i_500.png

I... I wanna pet that dog girl from "No More Pow Cards" so bad. She is just way too cute!

I knew we had a winner of a character when her introduction was her being dropped into the scene by a UFO Catcher claw.

Carla’s got that funny mix of a bubbly, ditzy personality while actually being insanely smart at engineering and programming. I hope we see more of her!

The absolute madman, Ian actually did it. He used his own Cartoon Network cartoon to finally give us an ending for RPG World, complete with a final comic in his old art style at the end.

Spoiler for final shot of A Hero’s Fate:
KO’s speech about “leveling up” stopping him from doing things he wanted to do might have also been Ian’s way of explaining why he left RPG World. He wanted to go into the animation industry and made the choice to walk away from a beloved web comic.

Psxphile

wew, lads
ya'll need to contain them hips in quote tags, they're outta control

In other news, updated the episode list above w/ descriptions for Rad Likes Robots and Parent's Day taken from VOD and leaks.

zulux21

I need a clean version of the hero episode's music to figure out exactly how many ff7 songs were partially ripped off for it.

pretty sure it was basically the jenova theme and one of the city themes in reverse. not sure what other ones were in there lol.

Psxphile

For some reason We Got Hacked and Parent's Day has been made available on On Demand services for streaming, as well as the CN video site.

Maximo

"Let's Have a Stakeout" Episode is good show is beginning to open up in regards to a overal story and having a deeper plot, wonder how far they will take it like Steven.

Guess they were made for Halloween

Also Enid
is a witch

Correction: Enid
is a winja: a witch and a ninja. (too OP, pls nerf)
And her
parents are just the best.

I know the show likes to go between very different art and animation styles due to the boarders, but I really, really like how Parents' Day looks. It makes me wish the show always had that style.

Leaked (actually leaked, not VOD-released) previews are out for KO's Video Channel and Rad Likes Robots. The former looks like it's going to be
an Interdimensional Cable style episode with KO's video channel being the framing device.
The latter is going to
set the shippers on fire and it's finally an episode about BEST CHARACTER SHANNON.

Top Bottom