• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok, so now that the dust has settled, are Pokémon Sun/Moon the best Pokémon games?

Hell yes.

I don't see how anyone can say the gen 2 remakes when they still have the leveling issue.

The gen 2 remakes at least had the option to rematch gym leaders at the Dojo in Saffron City so you can increase your levels that way. I've gotten a lot of Level 100s this way. Yes, it's not optimal, but it is better than nothing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The gen 2 remakes at least had the option to rematch gym leaders at the Dojo in Saffron City so you can increase your levels that way. I've gotten a lot of Level 100s this way. Yes, it's not optimal, but it is better than nothing.

later gens did it better, even XY

still shoecked SM didn't have that option outside of buffet

later gens did it better, even XY

still shoecked SM didn't have that option outside of buffet

For me, XY's method felt a lot slower than HGSS (though nothing will beat B2W2's method).

I'm not surprised that SM had nothing, I expected the worst from GameFreak considering their lack of logic when it comes to features and design.

For me, XY's method felt a lot slower than HGSS (though nothing will beat B2W2's method).

I'm not surprised that SM had nothing, I expected the worst from GameFreak considering their lack of logic when it comes to features and design.
ORAS had the best method with Blissey Bases and the Exp Share. I love HGSS but it was extremely slow when it came to leveling up. Still better than SM's "beat the elite 4 over and over again to grind" method.

Producer

Only really played gen 1 and 2, almost got to beat emerald but never did, and i think sun is amazing. First pokemon game i played with online features so it blew my mind. I have heard though that X/Y's online features are better integrated, need to play those one day.

OmegaFax

Of the three 3DS pairs, ORAS comes out as my favorite. Nice blend of old and new. Proved they could carry the charm of the GBA era Pokemon games while still moving forward with ideas established in X/Y. SuMo didn't resonate with me in the same way.

Pokemon Emerald is the greatest pokemon game of all time. really don't understand why it wasn't remastered with Ruby/Sapphire
[oh yea cause selling two games > selling one]

tbm24

I had a much better time during my play through of Alpha Sapphire than I did Sun. I think Sun's battles were far more entertaining, and a way better elite four, but the plot was much more fun to experience.

trixx

Nope. Have a narrative and the boss battles and kahuna's were cool but I still rank it below black 2/white 2. Definitely up there though

Hopeford

I don't know. Like on paper the game sounds so much better than all others, but I bought it when it came out(like downloaded it soon as it was on the eshop sorta thing) and it's the only Pokemon game I haven't beaten yet. I just didn't find it super engaging. Something about it just made me put it down and never come back to it.

Maybe I'm just burned out on Pokemon after playing the series for 15 years straight, or maybe it was the game. I probably need to give it another shot one of these days.

I remember not enjoying the trials and finding that while it was nice that we were getting something other than gyms in theory, I liked the idea more than reality -- the trials themselves were pretty boring and felt really bland.

Except for that one with the dancing Hiker. That was the best.

Top Bottom