• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami HD confirmed for a 12/12 Western release. (PC, PS4, XB1; U$19.99)

I actually like ports.

But part of me dislikes ports of ports for some reason. This was ported to ps3, wasn't it? It's a bit irrational, but I guess part of the appeal of a port is to own the definitive edition
like the silent hill trilogy
, and the fact there is a newer, better version now kind of undermines that.

Now I didn't get Okami HD, so I think I might get it (though the stories of insane padding are a bit scary).

SirNinja

Awesome to have this confirmed. As soon as the Steam preorder is up, I'm there.

Boxart
DJiDhghUMAE12Pg.jpg:large
how long until someone makes an IGN version

You're assuming Capcom won't do this themselves :p

rjc571

Banned
I hope the people not buying cause it's not on Switch are single console owners. It's 20 bucks, has beautiful box art, and it's fucking Okami. Hell I'll be buying on platforms I don't own yet.

What if they already own it for a console and want it on a handheld?

pixelation

Is the OG ending restored though?, song and all?. Also no one will EVER be able to call Okami an ugly game. Its art style is ageless.

Zabojnik

Getting the PC version, as soon as it's confirmed it runs at 60fps and supports ultrawide resolutions, be it out of the box or via community fixes / mods.

thekeats

Neo Member
Got about half way through the PS version but stopped playing for some reason.

Will definately be grabbing the PC version. Will he a nice game to play over the Christmas Break.

MrBS

10 years is probably long enough for me to replay the Okami trilogy, in 4K no less. I'm hoping for some IGN watermark DLC.

Sentenza

Eh. Already played this on PS2 (where I restarted and abandoned it at least a half dozen times) on PS3 once (same) and on RPCS3 (where i finally finished it for the first time).
So I'm not really being hyperbolic when I say that, while I want to support its release on PC, the reality is that I probably won't even bother with it if it doesn't get support for 60+ fps.

I would also wish for improvements to the blatant pop-in, but all that talk about "classic mode with 4:3 screen ratio" makes me expect pretty much an up-ressed straight port.

mrmickfran

It did indeed! I'm still one damn trophy away from that and I'll never get it...

Yes it did, I would expect this to have the same trophies, although I'd welcome a chance to get a second Okami platinum trophy. I'll be replaying even if that's not the case though, I haven't replayed the game in a while.

Sweet. A little more of an incentive to get this. Will probably be an easy platinum since I 100% completed it God knows how many times.

MADGAME

GAF, does Okami's gameplay stand the test of time 11 years later? Never played it before but an HD remake at a sweet price is a no brainer if the game has held up.

GAF, does Okami's gameplay stand the test of time 11 years later? Never played it before but an HD remake at a sweet price is a no brainer if the game has held up.

I played it on PS3 and really didn't enjoy it. It's beautiful to look at, but it's not really fun to play.

mrmickfran

It still feels fresh to me. Aged better than some of the 3D Zeldas.

Though one issue was the insanely long opening sequence. Still not as painful as Twilight Princess' though.

Guess it's time to add one more playthrough to the notch.

Okami is very very easy but it controls well. It's a Zelda game at its core so if you are able to enjoy the 3D Zelda games, Okami's combat and movement would be more than adequate.

Remember this: The game starts slow and remains like that for quite a long time, kinda boring tbh, there's a point that something important happens and after that it opens up and everything just clicks and it's beautiful. :')

It has to be one of THE slowest starting games I've EVER played. I was trying to play both it and Twilight Princess (since they came out right next to each other), which was also a very slow starting game, and I couldn't do it. It became a chore.

But Okami gets much better once it opens up. Too bad it also drags on too long as well.

Sentenza

It's a game with a lot of clever ideas and mechanic but also a great abundance of dull (or openly tedious) moments and a shitload of repetition.
Not even strictly a matter of age, since these flaws were apparent from the original launch.

That said, there's nothing in the way the game plays and the controls work that makes it feel "dated" today.

EDIT: If anyone tries to tell you some bullshit like "It's better than most Zelda games" feel legitimate to turn and slap him as hard as you can. He deserved it.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Capcom has a wonderful catalogue, if games ever become like movies and music and catalogues are put up digitally en mass, capcom will be the belle of the ball.

MADGAME

I played it on PS3 and really didn't enjoy it. It's beautiful to look at, but it's not really fun to play.

It still feels fresh to me. Aged better than some of the 3D Zeldas.

Though one issue was the insanely long opening sequence. Still not as painful as Twilight Princess' though.

Guess it's time to add one more playthrough to the notch.

Okami is very very easy but it controls well. It's a Zelda game at its core so if you are able to enjoy the 3D Zelda games, Okami's combat and movement would be more than adequate.

It's a game with a lot of clever ideas and mechanic but also a great abundance of dull (or openly tedious) moments and a shitload of repetition.
Not even strictly a matter of age, since these flaws were apparent from the original launch.

That said, there's nothing in the way the game plays and the controls work that makes it feel "dated" today.

EDIT: If anyone tries to tell you some bullshit like "It's better than most Zelda games" feel legitimate to turn and slap him as hard as you can. He deserved it.

Thanks for the honest input! Feedback seems a bit varied, but such is the case with most things.

Yeah, hell no it isn't better than *most* Zelda games. It was a bit too flawed for that, mostly centered around its pacing issues and repetition. That does remind me of all the Okami vs Twilight Princess arguments though. What a mess that was.

Twilight Princess is better

Capcom has a wonderful catalogue, if games ever become like movies and music and catalogues are put up digitally en mass, capcom will be the belle of the ball.

That's why I hope Capcom never goes under. For all their incompetence sometimes, they have many of the best games ever out there. Losing them would be extremely disheartening.

FiveSide

Banned
Capcom might make a lot of...boneheaded business decisions, but personally I'm loving their focus on budget-priced remasters of portfolio classics. $20 is the magic price for these.

Will be picking this up on PC for sure. Game has some issues, for instance it's a little long in the tooth, but overall it's a fantastic package. Some of Kamiya's best work, which is a pretty big deal.

Sounds like they want it to be the "definitive edition", which is fine by me, but they FUCKING BETTER HAVE THE ORIGINAL CREDITS.

I do like that 4:3 will be an option.

Top Bottom