• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/314592199385939968

I'll make presentation of FOX Engine at GDC in SF next week. Mainly will talk about technical contents focusing on drawing part of FOX Engine. Yet I haven't gone to detailed adjustments thou. Also will introduce game play for a sneak preview.

Here's my GDC session schedule. About 75 to 90 mins long. Those who aren't able to come, pls watch LIVE streaming.

Date: March 27th, 11:00-12:30
Place: Room 2014, West Hall

#TeamCG gonna win.

Batzi

Banned
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/314592199385939968

I'll make presentation of FOX Engine at GDC in SF next week. Mainly will talk about technical contents focusing on drawing part of FOX Engine. Yet I haven't gone to detailed adjustments thou. Also will introduce game play for a sneak preview.

Here's my GDC session schedule. About 75 to 90 mins long. Those who aren't able to come, pls watch LIVE streaming.

Date: March 27th, 11:00-12:30
Place: Room 2014, West Hall

#TeamCG gonna win.

translated from japanese using Google Translate he tweeted on his japanese Twitter:

When released in 1998 MGS1 said, and "the day on which the movie is lost." Without the use of pre-rendered footage dare, in anticipation of the future, I tried Poridemo models in the game. VFX movie now have been produced using a game engine. The PW 2010, I experimented with the portable device in anticipation of the cloud computing era. W, which is also giggles

and this

The concept of "FOX Engine" photorealistic. Related to picture or sound era came to an end because the game. How a high degree of freedom, which leads on the internet, play games or comfortable? Is important. Minimum required presence still realistic. When even a simple model, as seen by shrinking the game screen, we are aiming to line that looks real in KJP.

Make whatever you want out of this. Again, the title of his keynote is "Photorealism Through the Eyes of a FOX: The core of Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes".

Ask yourself this question, what is "Photorealism"? Knowing Kojima is a perfectionist, ask that same question again.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/lc36rm

Concept of "FOX Engine" is photorealism. I think the era of sticking to graphic or sound is over. How you freely play, connect to Internet, pleasantly play is the important point but at the same time min level of realism is needed still. We at KJP aim making look like in real even when looking at reduced game screen for the simple model.

Stillmatic

Concept of "FOX Engine" is photorealism. I think the era of sticking to graphic or sound is over. How you freely play, connect to Internet, pleasantly play is the important point but at the same time min level of realism is needed still. We at KJP aim making look like in real even when looking at reduced game screen for the simple model.

Bolded that last part too. Let's see what you can do Kojima and co. :)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
"The day movie become vanished", The quaternary I made on release date of MGS back in 1998. I deliberately tried polygon model in the game instead of using pre-rendered as future tells me. Today, VFX movies are produced by game engine. In 2010, I've experimented PW with handheld as anticipating cloud networking. But everyone just had laughed at my back.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/lc384c

MormaPope

Banned

1361506383756.gif

The prophesy is upon us.

Reduced game screen might mean portable? Realism even in simple models, probably in-game.

How the fuck you TeamCGers equate that to the level that is seen in Joakim in the video is beyond me. If anything, this screams "we're aiming to making it look more realistic in in-game models, even on real-time."

Kaiden

Neo Member
Even if team cg is wrong, team cg wins, because it's cg if you believe hard enough.

#teamcg

by this same logic, if you believe hard enough that it is CG, that becomes real to you, thus making CG real and then that would also be a win for team real.

Varth

I think every member of TeamCG should state exactly WHAT part of the video and WHAT part of Joakim is CG.

I think it's too late to try and turn our faith into a war on details, heathen.

whole pieces of the interview (like the ending "whoa" expression) are CG. Some other whole pieces may be real to maximize effect. I don't partake in this "CG head on a real body" eresy.

I think it's too late to try and turn our faith into a war on details, heathen.

whole pieces of the interview (like the ending "whoa" expression) are CG. Some other whole pieces may be real to maximize effect. I don't partake in this "CG head on a real body" eresy.

Thank you. You're a sport.

Makai

I think every member of TeamCG should state exactly WHAT part of the video and WHAT part of Joakim is CG.
I don't know and it doesn't matter.

"But TeamCG didn't precisely specify what was CG." Stop hedging for a CG confirmation. The sole position of TeamReal is that the entire video was real, so we take everything else. Splintering TeamCG into factions is silly.

QiBRRhl.png

If i believe what my eyes tell me, then i could bet it is Real and not CG....

BUT...

Goeff says 2 or 3 things that sound weird to me: like "we are in a hotel room"... "prove everything is real"... sounds to me like he tries too hard to convince us that it is real.

AND

The whole interview would be absolutly useless if it was real. Seriously: no new info, no nothing!

And then this theory that it could be CG....

I think that makes too many weird things to be true.

Must be CG.

Yeah, I found that odd too. The whole cutting back and forth between them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I guess this justifies a new thread.

Why? it has been know that we will get a new trailer for The Phantom Pain at GDC. Also since VGA's last year we know Kojima is behind TPP, there was NEVER any question about it.

Top Bottom