• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fuck it, I'm going team CG - not from the footage per se, but form the hype and tidbits form the interview/Kojima, especially the whole "this game is running on the fox engine" MGS alert sound/zoom in bit.

It's all a massive ruse. A very clever campaign.

QiBRRhl.png

Übermatik;50979726 said:
Fuck it, I'm going team CG - not from the footage per se, but form the hype and tidbits form the interview/Kojima, especially the whole "this game is running on the fox engine" MGS alert sound/zoom in bit.

Yeah the whole thing is so incredibly odd, why would they shoot it like that if it was just a dude sitting there? And why would he make that face at the end?

GlamFM

Banned
Übermatik;50979726 said:

It´s a borderline psychopathic campaign that only reaches the hardest of the hardcore.
Typical Kojima bullshit.

Mainstream media hasn´t picked it up and even the games media doesn´t really seem to care.

Somebody has to stop Kojima.

Team Real BTW.

JABEE

I'm on Team CG. Those cuts in the interview, the real life picture of Mogren before the show, and the mystery around the game make me believe that it is CGI.

Xun

I never said I left TeamCG. ;)

He looks real, but his movements in certain shots still look too strange for me (hence why I feel some of it is CG, and some of it isn't).

If I'm wrong I don't really care too much, because I maintain what we've seen is possible, but I've never once thought all of it was CG.

Hulud

Reposting my thoughts from another thread:

I'm not convinced the Mogren interview was CG, but anyone saying that CG that realistic can't be done is wrong. The Avengers, for the first time ever, had me completely fooled in certain areas. That scene when the hulk is chasing ScarJo? I thought it was just her running in front of a green screen. Turns out, that whole scene, including her, is %100 CG. ZERO uncanney valley, she just looks real. Now, The Avengers had a huge budget, but this interview was such a small project that I believe it could have been %100 pre-rendered at a reasonable cost for Kojima's company or w/e.

GlamFM

Banned
I never said I left TeamCG. ;)

He looks real, but his movements in certain shots still look too strange for me.

If I'm wrong I don't really care too much, because I maintain what we've seen is possible, but I've never once thought all of it was CG.

I guess Kojima directed this piece of art - which would explain why everything seems so strange.

Reminds me of every cutscene in every Kojima game.

R-User!

75ish more votes on GAF, and we'll be halfway towards the amount that voted on the External Poll: 1427 votes

edit: this is fun...

edit2: it's like election day, but I would gather that most care more about this poll, lol :p

I really hope they're not planning on using these lists for nefarious purposes...

I suggested way early in this thread that we have a vote and those who got it wrong get avatars showing how disconnected they are.

Now we have the voting part per my suggestion...go all the way with it and include the shame part.

It's needed, and I want to laugh.

Mr. RHC

NeoGAF
BELIEVE

Hideo Kojima after the press conference: "But before I go, one last thing."

- The light dims, behind him a video starts to play-

There is no such thing in the world as absolute reality. Most of what they call real is actual fiction.

What you think you see is only as real as your brain tells you it is.

*piano chord*

STominx.png

MormaPope

Banned
Even if our numbers are lower, TeamCG will stick together until the bitter end. Traitors will be noted and cast out from digital harmony and nirvana.

tumblr_li3lc0ZIS71qhl9nho1_500.gif

In re that Eulerian video magnification business: I've played around with it for a while and I think that the most likely explanation for the red pulse that I pointed out is not that Joakim and Geoff are real but that it's an artefact created by the way the software works in combination with the fact that Joakim is moving and that there is a red background in the Geoff shot after him. Therefore I think that the gif I posted earlier can't serve as evidence and should be ignored (which it mostly is anyway :). I haven't been able to make it work with other segments of the interview yet, there is too much movement. Maybe it's possible to edit the video so that the faces remain still but that seems like a lot of work.

The only things now keeping me on the side of #TeamReal is Ockham and deep shame.

mountainduwe

Neo Member
Hideo Kojima after the press conference: "But before I go, one last thing."

- The light dims, behind him a video starts to play-

There is no such thing in the world as absolute reality. Most of what they call real is actual fiction.

What you think you see is only as real as your brain tells you it is.

*piano chord*

STominx.png

Pantom

Dr.Acula

Banned
I feel bad for teamCG

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."

Truly, ours is a heavy burden. I ache to see the world as you do, through innocent eyes, never questioning, knowing only happiness -which is shattered by truth. There is no God, life is only suffering. All those that you love will someday die. Joakim is CG.

In re that Eulerian video magnification business: I've played around with it for a while and I think that the most likely explanation for the red pulse that I pointed out is not that Joakim and Geoff are real but that it's an artefact created by the way the software works in combination with the fact that Joakim is moving and that there is a red background in the Geoff shot after him. Therefore I think that the gif I posted earlier can't serve as evidence and should be ignored (which it mostly is anyway :). I haven't been able to make it work with other segments of the interview yet, there is too much movement. Maybe it's possible to edit the video so that the faces remain still but that seems like a lot of work.

The only things now keeping me on the side of #TeamReal is Ockham and deep shame.
I'll try messing around with this later to see if I can get a better result, but the movement might be too much to pick up on the subtleties of someone's pulse.

Detective GAF is fun.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, who was the coward from Team CG that passed to Team Real. You have no shame! NO SHAME!

QiBRRhl.png

I thought we were more, I thought that reason would find a way through. But thinking this is real? You have crossed the line, people.

I don't know who I am talking to

fallagin

You just need to use Occcam's razor to eliminate the crazy idea that its real. Claims made without proof can be dismissed without proof.

Faithless

This is nuts. You guys, it's not the shading that makes something look like CG. It's the nearly imperceptible movements of a live body that we haven't learned how to animate yet. A still can look real. But animation hasn't come close to making somebody move like this. If the Fox Engine can make a photo, great. But if it can make the corners of a mouth twitch and pull like this, then we're all fucked immediately.

Top Bottom