• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

baphomet

I think, at this point, Kojima will acknowledge it. Whether it is CG or not and whether this conversation was intentional on the part of Kojima or not, the fact that this rumor is getting so much buzz is perfect talking point material for his presentation.

Edit: And at the time of this post, we have an exact 40-60 split.

Edit 2: And it's gone :p

I highly disagree. Of course no one will know for certain if hell mention it until he gets up on stage. I just don't think he's goin to bring it up, and then show a trailer that will look substantially worse than what everyone assumed was cg Kojima was working on. It's like him getting on stage and saying "that stuff you thought was cg wasn't, and here's a phantom pain trailer!" Only to have the trailer not look anywhere near what people were expecting. It makes more sense for him not to mention it.

Sorian

Banned
I highly disagree. Of course no one will know for certain if hell mention it until he gets up on stage. I just don't think he's goin to bring it up, and then show a trailer that will look substantially worse than what everyone assumed was cg Kojima was working on. It's like him getting on stage and saying "that stuff you thought was cg wasn't, and here's a phantom pain trailer!" Only to have the trailer not look anywhere near what people were expecting. It makes more sense for him not to mention it.

You know his presentation is about photorealism right? He will, obviously, be sharing phantom pain news as well but the man's GDC presentation is talking about graphics in video games and how they can be as close to looking real as possible. Inadvertantly or not, he has masses discussing a person who may or may not have been rendered through the fox engine. This is a gold mine if he didn't plan this and genius if he did.

Persona86

Banned
Work of the Devil?

CG+vs+Real+666.jpg

Team real was 666 first. :p

Halcyon

But now he has changed his opinion. He's the only one that has been able to change his vote. :p

So you see nothing wrong with these teeth?

(Open in new tab and zoom in to fullscreen before reply)

unfortunatelyf4u7v.gif

He has an overbite. His bottom teeth are going behind the front.

and the one in the back is just rubbing tips.

But now he has changed his opinion. He's the only one that has been able to change his vote. :p

unfortunatelyf4u7v.gif

i don't see anything wrong with those teeth, whats wrong with them?

tokkun

I see a person getting overly excited at the movement of shadows.

Basically the same thing you see with people who think the moon landing was fake because the flag looks like its rippling, who see flying saucers in the lights reflected off weather balloons, who think a piece of floating detritus is the Loch Ness monster, or who think internal lens reflections and discolorations from dark room developments in photographs are signs of ghosts.

I see a person getting overly excited at the movement of shadows.

Basically the same thing you see with people who think the moon landing was fake because the flag looks like its rippling,
who see flying saucers in the lights reflected off weather balloons, who think a piece of floating detritus is the Loch Ness monster, or who think internal lens reflections and discolorations from dark room developments in photographs are signs of ghosts.
No because the flag is actually moving. The ripples are always there to make it look like a flag.There is no atmosphere so there is no natural wind. But it seems it moves when an astronaut walks by. Maybe there is contact.

Sorry, off topic.

Portugeezer

Gold Member

unfortunatelyf4u7v.gif

No, I'm looking in the red circle. How about next time people just tell us what they think it wrong?

Toparaman

Banned

unfortunatelyf4u7v.gif

Did exactly what you said. Still not seeing anything.

EDIT: Actually I do see the back tooth disappearing for a second, and then coming back in, but not in a way that I associate with clipping. It's not like it just reappears out of nowhere.

Gui_PT

How can you people think the tooth disappears?

There's something called a "shadow" which makes it seem like the teeth is not there when the "shadow" is hitting it

Shadow casting mouth/teeth? Doubt it

TEAMREALWINSAGAIN

igor

Why it can't be CGI?

I don't know if this was posted already (sorry if it was!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiX5d3rC6o

This was done 4 years ago, even if Joakim is not on FOX engine Kojima might have splashed some money to produce something like that just to f*** around with us (bandages? they just didn't have the finances for the nose and the cheek bones!). Call me crazy, I don't think it was all that realistic... weird editing, and his facial expressions while he denies look kind of repeatable and well... not really natural (this CGI is actually quite bad come to think of it).

Either way fair play Kojima, this is entertaining

Why it can't be CGI?

I don't know if this was posted already (sorry if it was!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLiX5d3rC6o

This was done 4 years ago, even if Joakim is not on FOX engine Kojima might have splashed some money to produce something like that just to f*** around with us (bandages? they just didn't have the finances for the nose and the cheek bones!). Call me crazy, I don't think it was all that realistic... weird editing, and his facial expressions while he denies look kind of repeatable and well... not really natural (this CGI is actually quite bad come to think of it).

Either way fair play Kojima, this is entertaining
Yeah has been posted a couple of times

MaLDo

What? Overbite? Shadows? I'm talking about clipping between two teeth.

Wait, I expected some explanation related to image compression, insufficient number of frames or something, but not about overbite or shadows.

The lower tooth, in sequence, pass through the upper tooth in this moment. Maybe is problem of image compression, but it has nothing to do with overbites or shadows.

magic.gif

Wait, I expected some explanation related to image compression, insufficient number of frames or something, but not about overbite or shadows.

The lower tooth, in sequence, pass through the upper tooth in this moment. Maybe is problem of image compression, but it has nothing to do with overbites or shadows.

magic.gif
Yeah that looks real weird.

FluxWaveZ

I will admit that the sliding tooth looks weird, but I'm sure a lot of things about the human body do when observed under extremely close scrutiny.

medze

magic.gif

I noticed nothing in the larger picture but this one is a bit strange. Definitely looks off. Can't tell if they're clipping but that doesn't look natural.

baphomet

The low quality bitrate makes it difficult to tell where his top teeth end and his bottom begin. It's just the bad encode playing tricks.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

magic.gif

Oh shit son

this tooth 'bug' is bullshit. IF it was CG (wich it isn't) then the CG bugs wouldn't be a tooth passing trough another tooth. they would have implemented real physics on each tooth for collision. Anyway.. this is pure bullshit from TeamCG

I noticed nothing in the larger picture but this one is a bit strange. Definitely looks off. Can't tell if they're clipping but that doesn't look natural.

his bottom teeth are probably not all in line. Mine aren't either. Some are in front of the others. But yes, it looks weird (in real life too ;P)

Top Bottom