• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old The last of us screens PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaNaMa

Banned
Came for the new screens. Thread did not deliver.

Naughty Dog must be worried about the comparisons that will no doubt be conducted by Digital Foundry and other sites. I'm sure the game will hit the 60fps, but the gist of nearly all comparisons is going to be this: Game looks a pinch nicer - more crisp, less jaggies, and smooth 60fps. But if you played the Ps3 version and the DLC, it's not worth full retail to play it all over again on PS4.

Game is out in 3 weeks. They have the screens. Final screens. Decision to not show anything at all, IMO, is to defuse potential backlash from people concluding it simply doesn't look *that* much better to justify another $50 or whatever.

Which is the case for me anyways, without even seeing screens. I still loved this game, but not rebuying.

Doran902

One of my favorite games of all time but I am not buying the hype of the remastered version. I had no problems with the PS3 version. 60 fps doesn't mean anything to me in a cinematic story driven game that I felt played fine to begin with.

hawk2025

Naughty Dog must be worried about the comparisons that will no doubt be conducted by Digital Foundry and other sites. I'm sure the game will hit the 60fps, but the gist of nearly all comparisons is going to be this: Game looks a pinch nicer - more crisp, less jaggies, and smooth 60fps. But if you played the Ps3 version and the DLC, it's not worth full retail to play it all over again on PS4.

Game is out in 3 weeks. They have the screens. Final screens. Decision to not show anything at all, IMO, is to defuse potential backlash from people concluding it simply doesn't look *that* much better to justify another $50 or whatever.

Which is the case for me anyways, without even seeing screens. I still loved this game, but not rebuying.

lol, a huge bump in resolution and framerate is not "a pinch nicer".

So much concern in this thread.

Well I thought the remaster of TR on PS4 looked phenomenal; the graphical upgrade made me actually double dip on that game. I'm hoping that the upgrade on TLOU will be enough to warrant a double dip from me, but I won't purchase it without seeing some footage; the lack of footage isn't exactly reassuring. It could be that the most noticeable difference is the frame rate which won't come across in screens, but still, they could release video if that's the case.

I wonder if there are comparisons for this one yet? (gameplay right?)

kMgOcuw.jpg

no

saying "hey guys we'll try to go for 60fps" != "hey guys it runs at 60fps"

LOL

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Double the framerate and resolution is more than "a pinch nicer". They've also updated the in game character models to match gameplay as well as a few other things.

Sure just use your TV's motion interpolation software! Works like a charm!

Hope this is a joke post. Don't use TV motion plus options with games. It can cause really bad lag input lag and force fields around characters and objects during camera movement.

PaNaMa

Banned
Double the framerate and resolution is more than "a pinch nicer". They've also updated the in game character models to match gameplay as well as a few other things.

One would theorize. Yet.. no media. Whenever something is mindblowing, it's a media circus. Media everywhere. Screens movies, the fully monty. LOOK HOW AWESOME OUR GAME IS OMGGGG

Whenever there is nothing, it's always for a reason. I'm speculating that ND is concerned there will be comparison sites basically saying that the graphical improvements (sizeable or no, for that matter) don't justify the nearly full retail price of $50.

I know it will look better, and be 60fps. But it won't look like a true PS4 game. A lot of stuff in the game will certainly look better, but maybe a lot of doesn't look that much better. Who knows. Now that its gold, can you give me some good reasons why no screens or media have been shown?

PaNaMa

Banned

$50 nicer? Will the general consensus be a $50 double dip is worth it, if you already owned the PS3 version (which millions of us do)?

I doubt it. I mean not to me anyways. I'm not attacking ND, I'm just trying to figure out their motives. Gold since last week, its 21 days til release and they don't want you to be able to compare the PS4 redux to the PS3 version. Why do you suppose that is? I'm just trying to understand

Gurish

Still waiting for gameplay shot/footage (no "in engine", no cinematic "in game" , gameplay with a goddamn hud), guess I'm gonna have to wait till the 29 by the looks of it =/

BadHand

What good exactly would a low-res image or youtube trailer be anyway for this type of game. We might as well have pictures of the PS3 version.

Wheres that Ground Zeros style 1080p comparison vid.

MCasey

Although not worried, I am bit confused why we haven't gotten some gameplay from ND. Ah well, it's only a few weeks away and it will be my first time playing it EVER.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Can't wait for the ineviable "Meh, this looks like a lame upgrade." comments. I swaer to god we have this every time. I vividly remember the outcry after the Tomb Raider comparission screens were released. Every one was crying and then the difference was like day and night when you saw it one your own TV. Doubt that it will be any different with Last of Us.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm going in totally blind to this. Don't even want to see how its been upgraded or how it'll look better. So excited.

$50 nicer? Will the general consensus be a $50 double dip is worth it, if you already owned the PS3 version (which millions of us do)?

I doubt it. I mean not to me anyways. I'm not attacking ND, I'm just trying to figure out their motives. Gold since last week, its 21 days til release and they don't want you to be able to compare the PS4 redux to the PS3 version. Why do you suppose that is? I'm just trying to understand

Uhm, there are 21 days, or 3 weeks, where they can show off the game. You know, as well as I, that the closer we get to release, ND will start a media blowout to start some more hype for the game.

You will get screens, gameplay, comparisons. It will happen. You said it yourself, the game just went gold, they have 3 weeks, let them do it at their own pace. If they dont end up showing anything, then why do you really care? You are not interested in buying the game anyways, you said it yourself, it's not worthy paying $50 to play it again, at least for you.

I dont understand your "concerns" considering you already said it wasn't worth picking up again., Why do you even care if they show screens or videos? They aren't going to change your mind. Unless you are just "concerned" for everyone else who is actually interested in picking up the game again, or for the first time, if that is the case, I am sure everyone appreciates you looking out for them.

zma1013

the game doesn't look as clean as that. They were press shots to promote the multiplayer and someone is claiming them to be PS4.

But that screenshot is way smaller than the actual 720p the game runs at, so I'm not sure how you can tell anything by a much smaller screenshot.

Then don't buy it if you don't feel it's worth it. There are plenty of non-PS3 owners who would love to try it out, and those who owned the original and want to replay. I'm sure they appreciate your deep concern for their welfare.

And ND's motives? What am I even reading?

SgtCobra

Are we sure this game runs at 1080p? "Hey guys, the game runs at 1080p" != "Hey guys, we are sure the game runs at 1080p"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom