• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Old The last of us screens PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the proof is going to be in the pudding. Not going to see any real difference until we're actually playing on our PS4's. That said, Naughty Dog has proven technical prowess, so I'm not worried.

6Cp5SpV.jpg

...Oh God.

GavinUK86

So what exactly have we learnt from this thread? The OP likes to eat watermelon when he gets the munchies? That's about it right...

PaNaMa

Banned
Then don't buy it if you don't feel it's worth it. There are plenty of non-PS3 owners who would love to try it out, and those who owned the original and want to replay. I'm sure they appreciate your deep concern for their welfare.

And ND's motives? What am I even reading?

I've already stated I don't plan to buy it at $60 (CDN) just for better(ish) graphics.
You didn't answer my question: Why, 21 days from release, has there been ..nothing?

When was the last game you can think of that you had seen no media for just 21 days before launch, that had awesome visuals and surpassed your expectations in every way? Maybe there have been plenty - truly. Maybe most games don't show anyone any progress til 14 days before it's in a warehouse. I just find that the decision to hold back screenshots and videos -- in the past anyways -- is not because "oh they just didn't think it mattered" or "oh they're sooo busy with the game .. being done and pressed already.. that um.. er they can't find the time. Now. With it being done and all."

I don't know man. It's not necessarily a bad sign, I just don't take it as a good one I guess. I'm wondering why they've chosen to show nothing. Their reason.

I've already stated I don't plan to buy it at $60 (CDN) just for better(ish) graphics.
You didn't answer my question: Why, 21 days from release, has there been ..nothing?

When was the last game you can think of that you had seen no media for just 21 days before launch, that had awesome visuals and surpassed your expectations in every way? Maybe there have been plenty - truly. Maybe most games don't show anyone any progress til 14 days before it's in a warehouse. I just find that the decision to hold back screenshots and videos -- in the past anyways -- is not because "oh they just didn't think it mattered" or "oh they're sooo busy with the game .. being done and pressed already.. that um.. er they can't find the time. Now. With it being done and all."

I don't know man. It's not necessarily a bad sign, I just don't take it as a good one I guess. I'm wondering why they've chosen to show nothing. Their reason.

Because you're doing a form of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#Concern_troll

Is it really such a big deal, particularly for someone who isn't going to buy it? You seem really concerned with it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got this pre-ordered on Amazon and am really looking forward to plaything through it again.

The weird graphical issues and frame rate were the only things that bothered me from my time with the game on PS3, so this is going to be great.

LaserHawk

One of my favorite games of all time but I am not buying the hype of the remastered version. I had no problems with the PS3 version. 60 fps doesn't mean anything to me in a cinematic story driven game that I felt played fine to begin with.

That's my problem too.... I loved the original game. Never during my time playing did I ever think, "Man, I wish this had better graphics." So I can't think of a reason to get it.

This remastered version is only good for people who missed the original and own a PS4... and that small sliver of people that played it but absolutely MUST own the slightly superior version.

Tripolygon

Banned
But that screenshot is way smaller than the actual 720p the game runs at, so I'm not sure how you can tell anything by a much smaller screenshot.
See the IGN logo on there, it is a resized version of the press shot that was release when the game was revealed.
These are identical images, difference being resolution.

PaNaMa

Banned
Because you're doing a form of this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)#Concern_troll

Is it really such a big deal, particularly for someone who isn't going to buy it? You seem really concerned with it.

I truly had no idea such a thing existed. Wow. But I guess if the internet says that's me, then who am I to dispute my identity. Yes, the product launches in a few weeks and I wonder why ND is so hesitant to show media. I'm not overly concerned tho, because I own (and loved) the PS3 version and recommend it highly. i have no investment in PS4 version success. i have no irons in that fire. I have no money committed. Came for the screen shots, out of curiosity, didn't see any - but did see conversation and debate. I joined in. It doesn't have to be a big deal to join in on a conversation that's already happening. I expressed what I now understad to be my "concern troll" thoughts, and have been counter trolled most effectively. (Clearly I don't know how to play this game, and I dont' want to)

Certainly the PS4 version will look better. To anyone who didn't catch it on PS3, even without seeing the PS4 version, I would recommend it highly.

Why do you think they're not rolling out any media?

dralla

I'm surprised they're showing so much for this, not content wise, but story wise. They had that spoilery trailer at E3, the initial teaser showed one of the more surprising and memorable scenes, and now they're showing another character that wasn't revealed before hand.

Anyway. I'll probably get this on Black Friday since I already have the PS3 version.

Seanspeed

Banned
I truly had no idea such a thing existed. Wow. But I guess if the internet says that's me, then who am I to dispute my identity. Yes, the product launches in a few weeks and I wonder why ND is so hesitant to show media. I'm not overly concerned tho, because I own (and loved) the PS3 version and recommend it highly. i have no investment in PS4 version success. i have no irons in that fire. I have no money committed. Came for the screen shots, out of curiosity, didn't see any - but did see conversation and debate. I joined in. It doesn't have to be a big deal to join in on a conversation that's already happening. I expressed what I now understad to be my "concern troll" thoughts, and have been counter trolled most effectively. (Clearly I don't know how to play this game, and I dont' want to)
Brilliant response.

zma1013

See the IGN logo on there, it is a resized version of the press shot that was release when the game was revealed.
These are identical images, difference being resolution.

That's nice, but since the whole point of you posting the image in the first place was to compare the resolution of the bullshot with the resolution of the actual game, don't you think it would be nice to post the bullshot at the actual resolution it was shown in and not a resized version that's smaller? I dunno, maybe I'm making too much out of it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Certainly the PS4 version will look better. To anyone who didn't catch it on PS3, even without seeing the PS4 version, I would recommend it highly.

Why do you think they're not rolling out any media?

Sony controls the release of media and it's a pain to get them to release anything that isn't on Youtube. A couple ND guys have mentioned that a highly compressed 30fps video would do the game a disservice so it's probably taking a while to negotiate a solution with Sony PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom