• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG: Lone Wolf (remember GameBooks?) on Nintendo DS!

kaleii

The Lone Wolf books were really big here in Sweden (Ensamma vargen!). I played all of them, including the spinoffs (that mage guy) and even bought the Midsommer Companion back in the day.

Pity that this is homebrew and not official stuff, as I'd really pay for this.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Son of Godzilla said:
I remember having two of these awesome Mario Choose Your Own books. They were totally sweet, I remember one time I managed to get Luigi into the Olympics and we did the triathlon together and he fucking won because I wanted him to jump! Or something. And then another one where Mario blasted goombas and such. Freaking great stuff.

I still have my Legend of Zelda choose your own adventure on my bookshelf... book was so awesome.

So can anyone seriously recommend buying these gamebooks to an adult who's never read them before? I might just end up giving the homebrew/html a chance and seeing what happens...

trey360

I love Lone Wolf books! It's interesting to hear they were the precursors of role playing video games. I never did use the pencil to add up equipment though. The story was good enough for me.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
That's so cool, I used to love 'em as a kid, they were pretty popular here in Italy during the late '80s/early '90s.

I'd like to give 'em a try again, maybe while in bed just before falling asleep :-D

What's the cheapest solution to have a go at it and bring back once again such good memories?
I always chose to avoid those R4 things just so to completely avoid the temptations of the 'ole AHRRRR... if you know what I mean.

Flambe

Awesome Awesome Awesome

Canadian Lone Wolf reader here, I think I got to Grand Kai Master or whatever 'rank' you earned through progressing through all the books :lol

Fantastic memories :D

turk128

Sweet! Loved playing/reading through these.

And seriously, why the hell haven't they already made these for the DS?
Cheap and pick-up & play = WIN

I still have a handful of the D&D ones in storage somewhere.

Mdk7

Dash Kappei said:
That's so cool, I used to love 'em as a kid, they were pretty popular here in Italy during the late '80s/early '90s.

I'd like to give 'em a try again, maybe while in bed just before falling asleep :-D

What's the cheapest solution to have a go at it and bring back once again such good memories?
I always chose to avoid those R4 things just so to completely avoid the temptations of the 'ole AHRRRR... if you know what I mean.
Grande Lupo Solitario!!! :D

Nocebo

Dash Kappei said:

That's what I do instead of reading a book. I pop in an ace attorney game or similar interactive story and just play untill I am about to drift into dream land :D This certainly looks interesting. Good presentation I almost thought it was official untill I read "homebrew" I might have to get an R4 after all...

Top Bottom