• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Analyst's Prediction: PS4 Slim to be announced in addition to the PS4 Neo at TGS

Makes sense 3 years after the original launched same with PS3. The slim will replace the regular PS4 and it should have 1 GB HD, probably quieter too.

Nestunt

I would be very surprised if they announce such important modifications and additions to their SKUs at TGS. Their smallest market.

big fake

1 GB, they are using Pied Piper compression to make all our games fit 1GB!!!!!
(Silicon Valley joke anyone?)

Also my only concern is not to make it nothing super fucking expensive in Canada. PLEASE BE NICE TO US, YOU GUYS HAVE A SPOT HERE WHEN TRUMP FUCKS UP THE US, JUST BE KIND TO US FIRST!

Hopefully Neos are in production at that point so they can just be released into the wild. Maybe someone will find one sitting in a flea market first.

ps4-slim-rumor-640x286.jpg

Will it get this slimmer?

Gamerman1

A PS4 slim should be easy to make with a cpu die reduction. Also they may make the power supply an external brick. Psu takes up 40 percent of the space inside Ps4 as well generate a good deal of heat. PS2 slim went the brick route to save massive space.

Rodin

Would be smart. Hopefully they'll be able to reduce that obnoxious noise with the Slim.

cheaper PS4 Slim: $299

PS4K: $399
Yup. Also 1TB in the Slim and 2TB in the Neo.

NX better be cheap if it has to compete with a 249$ PS4 Slim next year.
You think Sony will reduce the price of the PS4 by 100$? It's going to be 299.

It should be competing with the Neo (and Scorpio), not the slim.
NX is a premium version of an already existing console?

Xyphie

If they intend to have non-Neo PS4 SKU on the market other than on firesale they have to make a model with a 14nm version of the SoC. They're not going to keep a 28nm model that will cost them more to make than the Neo and sell it for less.

I hope neo is the right price. (which im not even sure of) Wont even care for slim.

Can we hope for bigger than 2TB minimum for hardrive for neo? Or atleast external support? 2TB iss feeling like the old 500gb already haha.

j0hnnix

Well if this is the case this might be moving me away from my xbox(going to my pc) and getting the Neo.

Xenoflare

You buy a console because it gets slimmer?

Isn't the normal PS4 already smaller than the S anyways?

I always wait for slim revisions, is it that weird?

That and PS4's Canadian pricing is a bit hefty. though the difference is narrowing

Top Bottom