• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Tomodachi

Watching the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 I surprised myself thinking that Niall should really star as Roxas in an ipotetical Kingdom Hearts live action movie.
Zayn could be Sora, Louis as Riku... Harry and Liam could stay seated as they shoud at all times tbh.

Awww, a man can dream :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I saw these guys perform on X-Factor, I don't listen to their stuff but the main dude with the long messy hair was actually a decent singer during their performance.

Artemisia

Banned
RPpyB.jpg

Niall looks positively Normani in that photo.

They were so young... and Harry so good.

So what happened to the popgaf grammys(?) ? I don't feel like reading thousands of pages of that thread.

Should start being posted tomorrow. Will link it here if 1D wins anything (don't get your hopes up.....we did the best we could but 1D isn't that popular of a group with popgaf).

The difference is these guys will be forgotten.

So 10 pages ago.

Mehrius requested the ban lol. One month :(

What a flop lol

i1Wt8JORSoZK0.gif

NEW NEWS THOUGH YAY!

Kiss You gets officially released to radio as of tomorrow. Today it had a AI update of .800 million which is a good sign. I am really hoping for at least a moderate hit. Their songs have always had a disproportionate impact compared to their AI numbers. Probably because their music video's do so well.

Oh also. You and Delio need to post more!

iPabc8suaWHE5.gif

Delio

I do need to post more it's true. Ive been so un motivated to stan lately (plus there is never Niall news which is annoying). Happy about Kiss you on the radio I hope it does wlel and boosts sales.

Glad to see your Niall avatar back. All is right in the world once again.

Redio Update:
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 6.010 (+ 0.599)

Not great, but could be worse. What can you do?
iOP5ZT3knGgXM.gif

I made a whole bunch of 1D gifs lately. You can find them all here if you want to use them!

NinjaBoiX

1D fans:

How much of the appeal is the pretty boys, and how much of it is the music? Serious question. Honestly, I'm not trolling here.

I ask, because I don't think I'd rate Paramore anywhere near as much without Hayley. I mean yeah, they are a proper band, rather than a manufactured pop group (although Paramore's inception could be legitimately called into question), but without the hot redhead with the awesome voice, I think I'd just write them of as another cheesy, emo, pop punk band.

Having said that, I do actually like Paramore's music, but I really don't think I would give them the time of day without Hayley.

1D fans:

How much of the appeal is the pretty boys, and how much of it is the music? Serious question. Honestly, I'm not trolling here.

I ask, because I don't think I'd rate Paramore anywhere near as much without Hayley. I mean yeah, they are a proper band, rather than a manufactured pop group (although Paramore's inception could be legitimately called into question), but without the hot redhead with the awesome voice, I think I'd just write them of as another cheesy, emo, pop punk band.

Having said that, I do actually like Paramore's music, but I really don't think I would give them the time of day without Hayley.

I can only speak for myself but I really do enjoy their music. I had been aware of them for a long time (they had been all over the web for a long time before they "made it" in the US), and while I was interested I was hardly a fan.

Saw some people here on Neogaf discussing them as their second album was about to release so I purchased their first one on a whim, then their second. I REALLY enjoyed them and they kind of kindled my love for unashamedly "young" music. Its not pretentious BS, its just young people singing music for other young people.....I found it refreshing and they really do have a unique sound. Plus I watched a number of interviews and I just like them as people as well
Which is a prerequisite for me to become a fan

While I am sure their looks don't hurt, there are PLENTY of attractive people out there in the pop industry, and I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't also like their music.

NinjaBoiX

Kind of the same for me with Paramore. I heard Miz Biz on guitar Hero, and thought it was pretty cool.

Then I heard Careful and Ignorance, and thought they were really good pop records.

Then I saw Hayley.

Then I became a fan boy!

But yeah, I actually like them, while acknowledging their inherent tween "lameness". Fuck it, listen to what you enjoy!

Delio

1D fans:

I can say that honestly that their looks drew me in when I first saw them during the What makes you beautiful break out. From then on tho I really got into the music starting with One thing. Looks have pull indeed but the music is what made me stay.

Nlroh

Kind of the same for me with Paramore. I heard Miz Biz on guitar Hero, and thought it was pretty cool.

Then I heard Careful and Ignorance, and thought they were really good pop records.

Then I saw Hayley.

Then I became a fan boy!

But yeah, I actually like them, while acknowledging their inherent tween "lameness". Fuck it, listen to what you enjoy!

The first time I heard Paramore I thought it was awful, but then I saw Hayley and everything changed. She's ridiculously hot and cute. I'm not that much of a Paramore fanboy, there are a couple of songs I really like
Playing god
, but that's it. With 1D was almost the same, but the first time I heard them I kind of liked the song. Then I saw Niall... and Harry, and Louis, and Zayn... Then I saw interviews, found out they're incredibly funny, they have great personalities, I listened to more songs and now I really like them. At least for me, it's not really that much about how they look, it's more about their personalities, but yeah, they're hot.

Todays radio update:

ONE DIRECTION - Kiss You: 7.012 (+ 1.002)

Solid. Will need to maintain 1 million updates if they want it to go anywhere.

Also: What Makes You Beautiful has been certified 4x platinum.

Nlroh

wasn't sure where to put this.

just drew this for my friend who's a huge zayn malik fan.

what ya'll think?

It's really good, there's only thing I'd change and it's that his lips look as if he was trying to make a duck face. I love the reflection on his left eye.

Top Bottom