• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Likely chance that Jack survived by floating on a piece of remaining wood? Along with his named crew members?

Otherwise, he's in the "ambiguously dead" pile along with Monet.
eh he survived and will probably show up towards the end of a battle against one of kaidos men. similar to how kuma showed up after the strawhats defeated moria but were tired.

It was at this moment jack knew....he made poor life choices that week

KmaXh9s.png

Daingurse

Man, Jack has been having a rough fucking week lol. Figure he'll somehow survive this too, but still, dude got fucking wrecked.

smurfx

get some go again
i hope with jacks ships wrecked they lost whatever means they had of discovering zou. it's gonna be annoying if oda keeps rehashing jack attacking zunisha.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel like Jack is an attempt to shake up the "introduce villain, have villain do stuff, fight and defeat villain" formula. It was all totally out of order and a complete subversion of typical tropes.

Jack does stuff (Wait who is Jack, he's fighting admirals? Wtf)

Jack attacked Zou DURING Dressrosa (oh wait this happened already? BEFORE we saw him? Weird)

Jack survived the admirals (Whoa)

Jack attacks Zunisha (This guy is crazy)

Jack gets rekt

I think he's done.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I feel like Jack is an attempt to shake up the "introduce villain, have villain do stuff, fight and defeat villain" formula. It was all totally out of order and a complete subversion of typical tropes.

Jack attacked Zou DURING Dressrosa (oh wait this happened already? BEFORE we saw him? Weird)

Jack gets rekt

I think he's done.

He's the Wiley Coyote of one piece! Love the guy already

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You're all going to be like "Jack is going to do something serious in Wano" and then Kaidou and some other new guys will show up and be just as cool/strong if not more than Jack and you'll be like wow, I bet Jack is still coming back NOPE then Big Mom shows up with her lackeys and Sanji tea party shenanigans happen simultaneously and you'll be like damn wow so much is going on (Jack is still a thing right?) THEN the Revolutionaries vs. Blackbeard fallout will be plot dumped and we'll have a flashback and move onto poneglyphs and Raftel and you'll be like holy shit, Jack was nothing

You're all going to be like "Jack is going to do something serious in Wano" and then Kaidou and some other new guys will show up and be just as cool/strong if not more than Jack and you'll be like wow, I bet Jack is still coming back NOPE then Big Mom shows up with her lackeys and Sanji tea party shenanigans happen simultaneously and you'll be like damn wow so much is going on (Jack is still a thing right?) THEN the Revolutionaries vs. Blackbeard fallout will be plot dumped and we'll have a flashback and move onto poneglyphs and Raftel and you'll be like holy shit, Jack was nothing
Jack is done

Jack will be back.

GhostBed

Dude's got the biggest bounty in the series thus far. He could get tossed into the ocean 20 more times and still come back.

Just straight up lol'd out at this. Dude is out of his damn mind. Too strong for his own good.

WYlQe6G.png

That would be mad hype for Sanji. A real notch to put on his belt.
Lol dudes an idiot with too much confidence he's attacking fleets with admirals and vice admirals,trying to take a big ass 1000 year old elephant on with cannon fire dudes a psycho lol

smurfx

get some go again
i really do get the feeling jack will be back to hype up some other new character. maybe somebody on big mom's crew wrecks him or something.

Majukun

Jack is done

yep

oda has so many characters already in place and probably so many still to reveal that it's not gonna suffer if the guy just stays down for the count.

also,his mask/bite broke..much like doffy's glasses,it seems a signal that it's the final ko for him.

Jack gets rekt

I think he's done.

Instead of Luffy protecting the island, the island protects Luffy.

Chariot

Nah. Jack is going to heal up and come back and be a really tough enemy. After all he was outnumbered and outmatched so far. He would still be a dangerous foe in one on one, even farther down the line.

Majukun

Nah. Jack is going to heal up and come back and be a really tough enemy. After all he was outnumbered and outmatched so far. He would still be a dangerous foe in one on one, even farther down the line.

we are not gonna have a shortage of strong characters anytime soon,especially with the ynokous and supernovas now being involved..i still jack's story already reached a satisfactory conclusion with him being rekt after finally paying for his recklessness..i don't see what him coming back would accomplish other than making him a rock in an already bumping road

IHaveIce

Banned
You guys are skimming over the fact that Jack has somehow the ability that everything dries up around him.. I think this is how he survives somehow

GG-Duo

Did Oda get a new editor recently? Everything about Zou has been amazing. Including this chapter.

By the way, what's the implication that people see Kidd in that one panel. So he's in prison while Apoo is serving Kaido?

Also - New World continues building on the foreshadowing about the power of The Voice of All Things. Imagine if Luffy can command Sea Kings and a creature like Zou.

Chariot

By the way, what's the implication that people see Kidd in that one panel. So he's in prison while Apoo is serving Kaido?
Pretty much the most reasonable conclusion we can assume from this. The details are questionable though.
Also - New World continues building on the foreshadowing about the power of The Voice of All Things. Imagine if Luffy can command Sea Kings and a creature like Zou.
I don't actually like that thought. Ruffy is best when he just punches things.
Nobody asked for Goku to summon Bahamut.

Chariot

And he never accomplishes anything

Didnt get Raizou
Didnt get Doffy back
Didnt beat Zunisha
And yet he never gives up, doesn't back down from any danger, the loyality to do his job is bigger than any fear or reason. That admirable.

You ever want Luffy to back down from anything big?

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't think this downplays in any form Jack's strength if he comes back it just shows how tough and crazy this mofo is.

Metal B

And yet he never gives up, doesn't back down from any danger, the loyality to do his job is bigger than any fear or reason. That admirable.
I want him in spin-off with two other Zoan users, which use the power of a tiger and a sloth, trying to escape Aokiji.

we are not gonna have a shortage of strong characters anytime soon,especially with the ynokous and supernovas now being involved..i still jack's story already reached a satisfactory conclusion with him being rekt after finally paying for his recklessness..i don't see what him coming back would accomplish other than making him a rock in an already bumping road
How? The minks haven't gotten their revenge, Ginrummy, Sheepshead, and Jack are all introduced characters that play a role in Kaido's army, we still don't know how Jack survived against Fujitora and Sengoku...there's a lot left that Jack could contribute to the story.

Nothing stays dead in One Piece. He'll be back.

Magwik

Banned
Oh man I thought there was a break this week and the thread went dead because the old thread wasn't updating in my subscriptions and didn't notice it got closed >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom