• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Weevil won't be at whole cake, he won't get past WCI defenses without BM knowing it would Miss Bakkins be dumb enough to let him go into BM territory.

Veelk

Banned
I'm just gonna say that I like that Oda is mindful enough to raise the stakes. It's been more or less established that Luffy can easily handle anything short of Big Mom and her Commanders without any issue, and 2 of them have already been defeated (though Cracker might have revived himself by now). Anything less than that, there's not much tension because Luffy can just power through them. Bringing in the other underworld heads puts more obstacles in Luffy's way that isn't clear that Luffy can handle....atleast I'm assuming that Luffy can't just power through the underworld bosses too.

Also, let us recognize Nami, who, in the midst of all this disgusting Sanji forgiveness, is the one person who remembered to give him the shit he deserves.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oda definitely wrote the outline for this arc shortly after he got into Game of Thrones.

Weevil won't be at whole cake, he won't get past WCI defenses without BM knowing it would Miss Bakkins be dumb enough to let him go into BM territory.

LOL You have got to start writing out 'Big Mom' in full. Maybe it's because I grew up in Illinois but it's killing me.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just read a mind-blowing theory about Kaido and his invulnerability.

... He's a poneglyph that ate the Oni Oni fruit.

O.O

NSESN

We know that Kaidou isn't human right? He is refered as the strongest creature, while WB was the strongest man. He looks like a giant, but even then I think a Giant can be considered a man. So I think the theory that is a sort of legendary creature that ate human tyme zoan fruit seems likely.

It's not that dumb. After all the damn man jumped from 10.000m high and didn't die? That's too much even for OP standards of character immortality. If the guy was an object, or even a poneglyph, it'd explain how difficult it is to get to Raftel (being his part the hardest to obtain), and would explain why he seems to be "immortal".

Ray Down

Banned
Still think its that Kaido had the Immortality surgery performed on him.

Explains why his is immortal already without having to do some long explanation and is already established, explains how Dolfa would know about said surgery and its value, at least explain what happened to the user before Law and seemingly why Kaido has his suicide hobby him either testing out the validity of said immortality or him trying to die wishing to be mortal once more.

LotusHD

Banned
It's not that dumb. After all the damn man jumped from 10.000m high and didn't die? That's too much even for OP standards of character immortality. If the guy was an object, or even a poneglyph, it'd explain how difficult it is to get to Raftel (being his part the hardest to obtain), and would explain why he seems to be "immortal".

But that involves Vegapunk's methods, which then begs the question of how in the hell Kaido is linked to him. I just don't see it.

Still think its that Kaido had the Immortality surgery performed on him.

Explains why his is immortal already without having to do some long explanation and is already established, explains how Dolfa would know about said surgery and its value, at least explain what happened to the user before Law and seemingly why Kaido has his suicide hobby him either testing out the validity of said immortality or him trying to die wishing to be mortal once more.

This on the other hand is far more believable.

It fits that Law could counter it. Are we assuming that Kaido that had special operation for immortality that kills the Opa user? That's what I thought.

Red Fire

Maybe Law's fruit can also revert the immortality?

Thats what I think, really its the only way I can think of to rid the problem of Kaido immortality.

Though I wonder what condition Law will be in if he does.

It fits that Law could counter it. Are we assuming that Kaido that had special operation for immortality that kills the Opa user? That's what I thought.

Yeah that's a pretty common theory that the person before law who had the op op fruit used the operation on kaido and died and that only law can undo that operation and maybe die doing so?

Although that is generally the first thing that comes to mind, and oda likes to do unexpected things and throw curveballs so we shall wait and see

Just read a mind-blowing theory about Kaido and his invulnerability.

... He's a poneglyph that ate the Oni Oni fruit.

O.O

I still think he belongs to whatever race Oars is and ate the Oni Oni fruit

That he's a poneglyph would just be fucking weird but hey

it'd explain his invulnerability alright

Red Fire

It would bore me if he's immortal because of a cheap trick like the Immortality surgery. Just make him strong as fuck, not technically immortal.

Nobody breaks guillotines and spears and chains and shit that he was supposed to be executed with and survives jumping from the sky and stuff just because he is strong. It has to have a background.

Red Fire

Why does it have to be a trio though? Why can't it be 4? Like the 4 sweet commanders for example. I mean monster trio was just the monster trio because those 3 were a few levels higher than the rest
If there is another strawhat in their league now itll be the 4 monsters. Its not like they have to settle with 3

smurfx

get some go again
if sanji doesn't get some germa tech to level him up then he is definitely out of the monster trio. even with the tech i can't see him being above jimbei. the fighting experience is just way too big. although i kinda see jimbei and sanji being the ones who formulate plans from here on out. maybe sanji will be the one who takes on covert missions for the strawhats. the germa tech would certainly help in that.

Daingurse

I'm really liking where this shit is going. Luffy being possibly willing to work with Bege really put a big smile on my face. This is getting super interesting, loving this arc!

Toothless Luffy is growing on me as well. Hope it's permanent.

if sanji doesn't get some germa tech to level him up then he is definitely out of the monster trio. even with the tech i can't see him being above jimbei. the fighting experience is just way too big. although i kinda see jimbei and sanji being the ones who formulate plans from here on out. maybe sanji will be the one who takes on covert missions for the strawhats. the germa tech would certainly help in that.
Hmm I wouldn't go as far as to say the tech wouldn't help make his case. Don't sleep on the boy now

smurfx

get some go again
if luffy and capone somehow manage to take out big mom do you guys think he will help luffy go up against kaido? he loves taking the heads of leaders and kaido would make another great target. although he might go and try and take out blackbeard or shanks next. i would like to see most of the supernovas go up against kaido.

Red Fire

yGxZv0Gh.jpg

Even oda forgets things

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He'll fix it in the volume release.
Just like the time he forgot to give Crocodile his hook hand.

I know I haven't commented on the new chapter. My mouse got all fucked up and every time I press shift, I go back. It's a Firefox thing. I get capital letters with caps lock at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom