• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Ray Down be like:

YZmWgGF.gif

RomanceDawn

Is it a common theory that Mihawk's black blade is just Haki coated?

Ever since we got a glimps of Zoro's training it almost seemed implied that Mohawks sword was coated Haki like at all times but that just can't be. The energy required to sustain such a thing would be a little nuts.

Nah, if it was coated in Haki he would have cut Buggy, its just a black blade which back in the East Blue saga are stated to be the strongest swords and some of them are part of:
Saijo O Wazamono/Supreme Grade Swords.

You know I have a theory about Mihawk not being able to cut Buggy. I actually believe Mihawk couldn't cut Buggy because Buggy's fruit never allows a blade to even touch him. Not that Mihawk wasn't using Haki. You'd figure after the 3rd or 4th swing at Buggy, Mihawk would understand a fruit power was being used and use his armament.

Cutting a Logia works because the element comes into contact with the Haki imbued weapon or limb but with Buggy I actually think the Chop Chop fruit is some sort of auto-reflex against blades and other sharp objects. Like he splits unconsciously a nano second before the contact is actually made, thus the Haki strike never actually touches him.

That's my line of thought anyway.

Ogodei

It was pretty clear Mihawk was just putting on a show for his WG bosses at Marineford and was never really trying. Maybe in his fight against Vista.

Ray Down

Banned
Chapter spoilers so far:

Ch. 857 Rook
Chopper and the others call out to Luffy and Sanji from the mirror world.
Sanji is surprised to hear their voice from a nearby dropped mirror.
Luffy and Chopper confirm each other's situation.
Luffy tells them that they're gonna crash the tea party and wedding ceremony.

Jinbei tells them that the ministers met so far are the tip of the iceberg of the Big Mom pirates and those veterans will be attending the tea party.
And they will also have to take into account the lords of the underworld that were invited from many countries.

Jinbe then starts to talk about Bege's true colors.
In the West Blue, there were 5 strong mafia that controlled the underworld society.
One of the bosses was Bege, and he was a cruel man who enjoyed cutting the heads off of animals and watching them squirm.
Back in his gang days, he targeted the other bosses, but he was only interested in taking their heads, not showing any interest in area or territory.
He reveled in the bloody war for supremacy.
On top of that, he killed his would be avengers from his iron castle and laughed at their regret.
Still being chased in the seas by those seeking revenge, Bege found a good cover as a Yonko's subordinate.

After buying his honed cautiousness and defensive strength, he was made a fighter "Rook" rank, and was entrusted with full authority in defense.
It appears that Bege is using is dull authority to take the head of Big Mom who is obsessed with killing the Vinsmoke and taking control of Germa.

Thinking that this is not the true to make them enemies as well, Jinbe proposes to Luffy and Sanji about making an alliance with Bege.
Luffy agrees with Jinbe's proposal.
When Jinbe gets in contact with Bege again, it's decided that they're gonna go meet him right away.

Whole Cake Island Northwest Firetank Pirates Secret Base

Bege: "Jinbe isn't the type of man to joke around. It's a good argument to increase the number of people seeking to oppose Big Mom."

End

LotusHD

Banned
Oh shit, Oda got me to care about this dude too.

Also damn, so instead of Pudding potentially working with him, Oda's seemingly angling to have it be Luffy and co. instead

Ray Down

Banned
Oh shit, Oda got me to care about this dude too.

Also damn, so instead of Pudding potentially working with him, Oda's seemingly angling to have it be Luffy and co. instead

Nope:

Capone is wondering how Luffy will react to him. Capone also says that he will meet and kill Luffy if Luffy turns out to be not a likable person for him.

Sandman just added this.

LotusHD

Banned
Nope:

Capone is wondering how Luffy will react to him. Capone also says that he will meet and kill Luffy if Luffy turns out to be not a likable person for him.

Sandman just added this.

Well I didn't say it'd go well lol...

I just meant that if anything, I thought Capone would be a convenient distraction or worse for Big Mom that Luffy could take advantage of. I didn't think he'd actually make an attempt to directly alliance himself with him.

Ray Down

Banned
Nice.
Looks like supernovas over throwing the yonkou starts now. I'm now at least 60% sure Big Mom goes down this arc.

Jinbei tells them that the ministers met so far are the tip of the iceberg of the Big Mom pirates and those veterans will be attending the tea party.

It's not happening.

This team up may or may not happen due to what Bege said at the end. Even if it does Bege might try to get Luffy towards the end.

Now that we see what a dangerous schemer Bege is, we can fully trust him and everything he does. This won't bite anyone in the ass at all!

Now that we see what a dangerous schemer Bege is, we can fully trust him and everything he does. This won't bite anyone in the ass at all!

Agreed.
You decide to form an alliance with a dude whose usual pastime is the decapitation of animals and watching their headless bodies squirm. And one of your crewmembers IS A ANIMAL!! Let alone the fact that this dude would have no problem betraying you if he felt like it! What a swell idea to partner with a fucking psychopath whose a living fortress!!

Brickhunt

I just assume Mihawk just didn't use haki since Oda loves Buggy to much to kill him off.
He could just not let Buggy face Mihawk at all. I like to think that, as far cutting and slicing goes, Haki just doesn't work on Buggy at all, because unlike other Logias and Paramecias, Buggy's fruit is not about evading being cut, it IS about being cut. Adding Haki doesn't do anything to change the fact that the fruit is all about splitting.

Same. I really think Capone is planning a coup in the background himself, to occur on the night of the wedding, that we just haven't seen or heard yet. I mean, he's a supernova, he's gotta have some ambition! That's why he shot Pekoms: he needed the wedding to happen, come hell or high water. That's why he may have shot Bobbin: he's somehow aware that Sanji is in the know, or that the Straw Hats aren't actually in captivity, and he wants to make a deal with them himself, probably with the intent to manipulate them or at least ensure the wedding still takes place as planned. And that's the 'conspiracy' Pekoms was embroiled in that Jinbei just mentioned.

that feeling when you have to spoiler tag your own speculation from a couple of weeks ago bc you actually managed to nail it

Capone shot Pekoms in the first place to ensure that Sanji was delivered and that the wedding would happen, and knew from meeting with Jinbei that he'd work to free the Straw Hats, so he shot Bobbin to ensure that he wouldn't interfere.

this arc is starting to get real interesting

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I like to think that, as far cutting and slicing goes, Haki just doesn't work on Buggy at all, because unlike other Logias and Paramecias, Buggy's fruit is not about evading being cut, it IS about being cut. Adding Haki doesn't do anything to change the fact that the fruit is all about splitting.

Yeah, it's not that haki is like kairoseki, it doesn't "negate" devil fruit powers. It just allows the wielder to strike the "true body" of a logia user, whatever that means.

Now a kairoseki sword, that'd probably give Buggy a genuine cut.

Ray Down

Banned
Chapter is out, Luffy and co don't be dumb enough to trust him.

Looks like Vito was the one that shot Bobbins.

Who did it because he view the Germa as heroes...yup Vito is an Alt Right confirmed.

NSESN

I actually loved this twist. And it actually makes sense. Luffy is a Pirate, so I don't think it is wrong to him to ally with a bad person. The problem is that I don't trust him to make a good deal with Capone without being backstabbed.

Anteater

Didn't expect they'd join forces since both the Vinsmokes and Bege's gang are both scumbags, if they succeed in taking down big mom, no one know what they're going to do next. I guess we'll see what kind of "deal" they will make in the meeting, I'm sure Jinbe has something in mind

Lol @ everyone expecting Capone to backstab Luffy.

If Luffy's alliance with Law is anything to go by, Capone is the one who should be worried about Luffy fucking up his plan.

Carrot blending in mighty fine with them strawhats like a vivi vibe accept no attachments..*cough*

Anyway great chapter I thought for sure nami was going to give Sanji a fine lol. It's good to have him back to his old self again

Capone, I don't trust him at all much less than I did with law

Jigolo

The climax of this arc is going to be soooooooo goood. I'm thinking this arc ends in May/June

This chapter was fantastic. World expansion, tea party hype, Capone drama

OOOOOOODDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kreed

One Piece 857:

Very surprised by the potential Luffy and Capone team up, but there's no way this team up is going to go easily after what Capone did to Pekoms and Sanji. That said, I definitely prefer Luffy and Capone attempting to take out Big Mom vs the idea of Luffy doing it by himself, considering the forces Luffy's gathering to fight Kaidou in the future. And it'll be nice to get more exposure of a "worst generation pirate" besides Law that doesn't feel like cameos and/or being used as a measuring stick for Luffy's progress.

Geg

Capone was always one of my favorite supernovas from the beginning so I'm really glad he's getting a lot of focus and turned out to be such a cruel badass

Wow, I really didn't expect the whole "Luffy and Capone team up" angle happening, but it does make a lot of sense. Their goals are aligned for the time being. Luffy and Sanji want to mess up Big Mom's plans, although they don't really care what happens to her, and Capone wants to take out Big Mom. This could actually work out well for both of them in the short term.

This arc is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom