• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

Old Pudding was basically a parody of the "Girl of the Arc" thing that Oda's done, sugary-sweet with no apparent guile, like the generic parts of Rebecca, Conis, and Shirahoshi wrapped together.

New Pudding is genuinely diabolical and is a different kind of mean-spirited. Villains are always cruel, but her line with mocking Sanji's reactions was hilarious in a way we haven't yet seen.

LotusHD

Banned
Old Pudding was basically a parody of the "Girl of the Arc" thing that Oda's done, sugary-sweet with no apparent guile, like the generic parts of Rebecca, Conis, and Shirahoshi wrapped together.

New Pudding is genuinely diabolical and is a different kind of mean-spirited. Villains are always cruel, but her line with mocking Sanji's reactions was hilarious in a way we haven't yet seen.

That's what makes her so great.

Ray Down

Banned
Pudding is a monster

Salty Sanji fanboy

4c797fb8291b796702b5fd11e01cf7b0.jpg

"How RUDE!"

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pudding will get her due. She's basically the Spandam of the New World half of the series.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is some Bonnie and Clyde nonsense going on. Pudding is the most evil character we've seen in the series so far. I hope she gets her ass kicked.

Luffy: "You made my cook cry!!!"

WAN PAAAAAANCH

Veelk

Banned
Most evil? Thus far, she has lied to the strawhats and taken away a memory from Reiju. Her intentions, unless she's got something else going on, are to murder a family of which 4 of it's 6 members intend to use her as a tool to manipulate Big Mom.

Sure, she's cruel and sadistic, but that doesn't exactly elevate her about...shit, literally every villain we've had thus far. They pretty much all have a "HAHAHA I HAVE AN ABSOLUTE BONER ABOUT HOW MUCH I AM HURTING YOU RIGHT NOW" moment.

Stop being fake, I recall you saying you were eating it the other day ;D

I bet Blackleg would willingly eat trash.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is some Bonnie and Clyde nonsense going on. Pudding is the most evil character we've seen in the series so far.

You're overselling. The worst she's done so far is shoot Reiju.
Crocodile incited a war, leading to hundreds dead.
Doflamingo killed many people through his life, including his own father and brother, then took over a peaceful kingdom, framed the king, and brainwashed the citizens into complacency, and when it the illusion shattered he planned to kill everyone.
Akainu killed the innocent people of Ohara, as well as Marines that wanted to escape the battle. Oh and Ace, he killed Ace.
Caesar Clown kidnapped children and subjected them to experiments, many of which likely died.
Blackbeard killed Thatch, destroyed Drum Island, captured Ace and started the events that would lead to Marineford and hundreds dead, killed Whitebeard, and has risen his way to Emperor.

Seriously to say Pudding is the most evil, it sounds like you didn't even read the series.

Ray Down

Banned
This is some Bonnie and Clyde nonsense going on. Pudding is the most evil character we've seen in the series so far. I hope she gets her ass kicked.

Luffy: "You made my cook cry!!!"

WAN PAAAAAANCH

Please Akinu is the worst fucker in this series.

Plus Luffy ain't hitting a women been 15 years since the last one.

SolVanderlyn

Most evil? Thus far, she has lied to the strawhats and taken away a memory from Reiju. Her intentions, unless she's got something else going on, are to murder a family of which 4 of it's 6 members intend to use her as a tool to manipulate Big Mom.

Sure, she's cruel and sadistic, but that doesn't exactly elevate her about...shit, literally every villain we've had thus far. They pretty much all have a "HAHAHA I HAVE AN ABSOLUTE BONER ABOUT HOW MUCH I AM HURTING YOU RIGHT NOW" moment.

I bet Blackleg would willingly eat trash.
Pudding had this moment a few chapters ago though.

I feel like she's more sadistic and evil hearted than almost any other villain. Akainu, for example, has done some horrible things, but at the very least is fighting for his own brand of justice. Croc was just a greedy and selfish bastard. Enel was a megalomaniac, Lucci had a twisted idea of justice - but still fought for what he believed in.

Pudding's heart is one of the blackest we've seen. She doesn't just revel in misery, she tricks people into thinking she's good first to make it hurt even more. Right up there with Doffy and Spandam IMO.

Although, now that I think about, the Tenryubito assholes are kind of hard to top. Still, I think emotional manipulation and general serpentry puts people waaaaay at the far end of the bad guy spectrum.

LotusHD

Banned
Pudding had this moment a few chapters ago though.

I feel like she's more sadistic and evil hearted than almost any other villain. Akainu, for example, has done some horrible things, but at the very least is fighting for his own brand of justice.

Pudding's heart is one of the blackest we've seen. Right up there with Doffy and Spandam IMO.

You said most evil. Doffy and Spandam are two other examples that are far more nastier.

EDIT:

I notice that people like to do this sometimes, where they equate emotional manipulating as being up there with characters that have killed people. It's fucked up on a personal level which is why people seem to care more, but meh, compared to a bunch of the other OP characters, she's not the worst. I mean hell, Doffy has dealt in slavery...

SolVanderlyn

You said most evil. Doffy and Spandam are two other examples that are far more nastier.

EDIT:

I notice that people like to do this sometimes, where they equate emotional manipulating as being up there with characters that have killed people. It's fucked up on a personal level which is why people seem to care more, but meh, compared to a bunch of the other OP characters, she's not the worst. I mean hell, Doffy has dealt in slavery...
I mean, it really boils down to how you "grade" evil, but I've always done so by intent over action. Pudding could not kill a single person and still be more evil than someone who's fighting for what they believe in IMO.

To be fair, Doffy actually was worse. He didn't manipulate anyone but he was just a blackhearted bastard from the very beginning. Even his tragic backstory didn't redeem him at all.

Veelk

Banned
To be fair, Doffy actually was worse. He didn't manipulate anyone but he was just a blackhearted bastard from the very beginning. Even his tragic backstory didn't redeem him at all.

Oh, yeah, Honest Doffy, never lied to a soul. Certainly didn't do anything like put on false hope to Bellamy, never flibbed to a king to get a rasdom, and certainly didn't the entirety of dressrosa under any kind of false pretense of benevolence as he stole away their relatives.

Other villains were just as truthful too. Lucci and his gang never took on anything like a false identity and Crocodile was upfront about his villainy to the people of Alabasta and even Akainu never lied to one of the pirates so he could get in a cheap shot at Whitebeard.

You have to wonder why we think of them as villains at all. Not when Pudding lies to the Vinsmokes about letting them scam their family...

SolVanderlyn

Ok, you guys got me. Geez. Lay it on thick why don't you.

I meant emotionally - Pudding's is a very different kind of manipulation - but I didn't specify and Doffy sort of did that too (although much more overtly). Basically I'm saying he was more upfront about being a jerk.

I guess I just hate snakes with a burning passion. Maybe it's more apparent to me because she was so mean spirited in making fun of Sanji's hope and earnestness. Croc lied to a nation of people but he never delighted in deconstructing their happiness. Lucci and co. lied to the shipwrights of Water 7 but they did so in a cold and calculating manner.

I'm not saying these people aren't evil, I just hate Pudding the most because of how much pleasure she seems to take in the suffering of an innocent man. It's why I can draw the closest parallel to the Tenryubito. They genuinely enjoy looking down on and walking over others. Not as a means to an end, but as a sport.

Edit: Oh... Jaya Bellamy was pretty close, too. It felt good to see him put in his place.

Veelk

Banned
I'm not saying these people aren't evil, I just hate Pudding the most because of how much pleasure she seems to take in the suffering of an innocent man. It's why I can draw the closest parallel to the Tenryubito. They genuinely enjoy looking down on and walking over others. Not as a means to an end, but as a sport.

Except she IS doing it as a means to an end. She is specifically after the Germa clones.

It's true, she doesn't particularly mind the means by which she does them and is obviously sadistic. But this just makes her typical of OP villains. It's not like Crocodile, Lucci, or Doflamingo were efficiently only putting as much harm to others as needed and probably would have won if they had been. But no, we get shit like Doffy talking his mouth off, Croc putting them in james bond death traps and Lucci not just slaughtering the strawhats in Waters 7. And every one of them laughed for joy at their suffering while doing it.

Pudding is in good company as far as amoral sadism is concerned.

She might not be the most evil in terms of actions, but the way he wrecked sanji and enjoyed it so much... i don't remember seeing a villain enjoying himself that much on his/her evilness. Maybe Spandam would qualify...

The celestial dragons are the most evil, with Akainu in a very close second.

The Celestial Dragons are arrogant, power hungry monsters that have no problem with slave labor, would throw their power around without hesitation and would kill anyone who literally got in their way. Or in Sabo's case, try to.

Akainu's idea of absolute justice is fucking disturbing, let alone terrifying. The fact that he is willing to take the lives of people who would even know a pirate is fucked up. Akainu is the only character in One Piece that I want dead. Eye for an eye, you magma spewing fuck.

Ogodei

This anime episode... Either there's back-channel coordination between Oda and Toei on this, or Toei is trying to "Naruto and Hinata" their way into getting Carrot made into a nakama (whereby the anime gets the fandom hyped for something that the author wasn't really intending).

Did Carrot get that tour of the Sunny in the manga?

Chase17

This anime episode... Either there's back-channel coordination between Oda and Toei on this, or Toei is trying to "Naruto and Hinata" their way into getting Carrot made into a nakama (whereby the anime gets the fandom hyped for something that the author wasn't really intending).

Pretty sure she did. I remember that line about the fish.

The anime is definitely giving her more attention. I wouldn't look into too much tho although it would be sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom