• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece is probably going to have a Gurren Lagann style "old heroes set up another generation" ending.

There's a 90% chance Luffy gives someone his strawhat.

Ray Down

Banned
One Piece is probably going to have a Gurren Lagann style "old heroes set up another generation" ending.

latest

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Coby.

Who will also be the one to capture him.

Despite fighting for the opposite side, Coby has followed his dreams in a way that mirrors Luffy more than anyone. Luffy is directly responsible for his rapid development and I bet you he'll be an Admiral by the time the series is over.

NSESN

While I think Coby will lead the marines in the end, it will be Smoker that captures Luffy imo. His entire arc is trying to catch Luffy, if the manga ends with him not doing so it will be sad.

Coby.

Who will also be the one to capture him.

Despite fighting for the opposite side, Coby has followed his dreams in a way that mirrors Luffy more than anyone. Luffy is directly responsible for his rapid development and I bet you he'll be an Admiral by the time the series is over.

I feel like he would give it to someone who hasn't completed their dream by the end of the series.

Chase17

As great as it is to see Jimbei leave big mom, it stings to see that Pekoms is getting screwed (again!). I hope the arc ends with something good happening for him lol.

Chopper without the hat always catches me off guard. Good to see Caesar back in the mix.

Ray Down

Banned
As great as it is to see Jimbei leave big mom, it stings to see that Pekoms is getting screwed (again!). I hope the arc ends with something good happening for him lol.

Chopper without the hat always catches me off guard. Good to see Caesar back in the mix.
Sanji and Pekoms are the true L's of this arc.

Anth0ny

so i just caught up on one piece

watched the anime from the beginning of the luffy/doflamingo fight all the way to the end of zou, then read the manga from there

you ever say "i'll just read a chapter or two tonight then go to bed"

and then 4 hours pass and you suddenly you just read 30 chapters in one sitting

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this arc is fucking amazing

watched the anime from the beginning of the luffy/doflamingo fight all the way to the end of zou, then read the manga from there

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Even as a sanji fan learning a big focus would be on him I've had my doubts but this arc really did turn into something special that I'm enjoying way more than I thought! Also happy birthday Sanji

Ray Down

Banned

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reactions to Pudding plz!

Also despite the holiday, no early spoilers, looks like we may get the chapter earlier though.

Ray Down

Banned
One Piece Chapter 859 Spoilers:

Ch. 859 Yonko Assassination Strategy

Bege states that Big Mom's head can be taken in 5 seconds under these conditions.
This assassination plan started from Caesar's guarantee.
Caesar takes out 3 rocket launchers.
There are two conditions that the "Poison Gas Bullets KX launcher" can demonstrate its real ability.
If no one can interfere in those 4 seconds, then Big Mom will be weakened. The two conditions will be present during the tea party.

In the seat in from of Big Mom at the tea party will be a photo of a person, "Mother Caramel"
The details are unknown, but it is rumored that it is a portrait of her dead benefactor.
At the previous ceremony, a waiter had carelessly knocked over the photo, causing Big Mom to go mad. Big Mom let out a large, strange voice and her Conqueror's Haki, making everyone around her unconscious.

After a short time, Big Mom fell to her knees and ended up scarping her knee.
Having never being wounded once, it seems that Big Mom's guard was weakened only for that moment.
The time lag between the picture being torn and her going mad is approximately 3 seconds.
It'll be a miracle if there are 3 seconds before the angry Big Mom Pirates revive and surround them.

Bege designates that dangerous role to Luffy, who readily consents.
The timing of the beginning of the plan is when Pudding shoots Sanji.
After it begins, Luffy and the others will rescue the Vinsmoke Family, while Bege and the others assassinate.

After the assassination is completed, Caesar, who can fly, will be holding onto the mirror used to escape and will infiltrate the area, which will be used to travel to the mirror world and allow them to escape to each respective ships.

2 and a half hours remain to the tea party after the meeting ends. Pudding has changed into her wedding dress in her room and complains that it is a pain that she'll have to eliminate a bunch of people's memories after the tea party in order to return to being a good child.

I like how Big Mom is treated like a sort of fortress unto herself.

As in, she can't just be confronted, she has to be maneuvered around and struck when an opportunity presents itself.

Theory: The ruined cake and Big Mom's disease (this time for the cake) is going to cancel out the shock from the photo and she's going to unleash the greatest of hells upon Totland.

Veelk

Banned
I....really think that's a dumb weakness for big mom to have. I mean, the plan is obviously not going to work just for the basic fact that it's been said out loud, but that's not what I mean. I'm trying to reserve judgement but it just feels really stupid to have her strength be connected to her emotional state to such an extreme that she can go from invulnerable to fragile even by real life standards just from something as insipid as picture.

On the other hand, there is a way out for Oda here.

Evil Overlord List #221 said:
Whatever my one vulnerability is, I will fake a different one. For example, ordering all mirrors removed from the palace, screaming and flinching whenever someone accidentally holds up a mirror, etc. In the climax when the hero whips out a mirror and thrusts it at my face, my reaction will be "Hmm...I think I need a shave."

I would actually kind of love it if when Bege tries to pull that shit, she just turns to him and smiles.

Also, it's quite kind of Bege not to cut brulee's throat and have one of his men eat her fruit so you don't run the risk of her working against you.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok either Luffy fucks up the plan, Big Mom is now resistable against someone damagin the photo or another emotion overwrites her weakness.

Even if the plan works, Ceasar just letting no one into mirror world is also a possibility.

GhostBed

Also, it's quite kind of Bege not to cut brulee's throat and have one of his men eat her fruit so you don't run the risk of her working against you.

...? I don't think that's how devil fruits work. Bege ain't Blackbeard.

OT: Fun set up chapter. Nice to see Luffy being so laid back again now that his crews back together.

But yeah, the plan is obviously going to fail. I agree with Veelk that the picture is a pretty lame weakness and I don't think a yonkou is going to fall by such petty means. Tho I am really interested in who this Mother Caramel is. Here's hoping Big Mom has an amazing backstory.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We don't get to hear their plans out loud ever they are screwed

Also is pudding getting cold feet or what I can't tell with this women anymore

My guess is she's going to think of another way to take out Sanji...so as not to get blood on her dress and thus throw everything into chaos and ruining Luffy's funny entrance.

Veelk

Banned
...? I don't think that's how devil fruits work. Bege ain't Blackbeard.

What do you mean? We know that when fruit users die, the devil goes into the nearest fruit nearby. Just kill Brulee and have one of his thugs eat it for the mirror mirror powers.

GhostBed

What do you mean? We know that when fruit users die, the devil goes into the nearest fruit nearby. Just kill Brulee and have one of his thugs eat it for the mirror mirror powers.

Ahhh, actually, that's a brain fart on my part. I totally forgot how the transfer of power between fruits works.

Theoretically he could do that, but that's assuming Bege knows about that in the first place. The Straw Hats don't know, do they? I imagine the only people who know that detail are Vegapunk and Caesar, maybe some government officials and/or high tier pirates.

Blackhead

Redarse
Ok either Luffy fucks up the plan, Big Mom is now resistable against someone damagin the photo or another emotion overwrites her weakness.

Even if the plan works, Ceasar just letting no one into mirror world is also a possibility.

My guess is she's going to think of another way to take out Sanji...so as not to get blood on her dress and thus throw everything into chaos and ruining Luffy's funny entrance.

Is there a plan that Luffy hasn't found a way to fuck up?, especially when they tell him all the details hah. That said, I'm starting to believe that Big Mom will be killed. How many named characters have legit been killed in this manga? Ace (most meaning person to Luffy) and Whitebeard (Yonko). I think all the Yonkos will die in this story. Kaido's whole thing is he wants to die but is invulvnerable ― which sounds like the most obvious set up except nobody dies in One Piece ― and Shanks would be the next most meaning character to Luffy outside his crew. That leaves Big Mom whom, I'm calling it now, will die this arc, and Blackbeard, the final villain...

I mean, how many characters have been targeted for death in One Piece. One main reason we think this plan is going to fail is because nobody dies in One Piece. Goda is going to kill it again with this arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom