• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

Luffy going along with this plan sounds extremely out of character. I was expecting luffy to say "Nope, I'm fighting Big Mama face to face"

Assassination seems really weird for the Luffy crew.

Luffy isn't Goku. He may have a sense of honor, but he fights for his friends/to win, not for the thrill of the battle. He and his crew just aren't much for elaborate plans, either, or the plans they're in tend to fall apart, so you get a straight fight instead of some trickery.

Luffy knows his goal and knows when a foe is out of his league, like in the Paramount War where he threw seawater-soaked masts at the Admirals to distract them while he dashed in for Ace. Goku would've gone in for the fight.

Ogodei

I do think someone from the yonkou is going to try to kidnap Robin again to deal with the Poneglyph problem. Either that or we find out that someone secretly kept Olvia alive, or spirited away Professor Clover or one of the other Tree of Knowledge researchers, otherwise you need that "Voice of all things" thing going on to interpret them, which Blackbeard doesn't seem to have.

IHaveIce

Banned
well it's just the matter of balance, I can't see the dude figuring everything out by himself, even roger needed help from his crew mates

We know barely anything about BB's crew, maybe Lafitte or someone else is also able to read them.

Keep in mind, we know still no individual Fighting styles of them except Burgess, no real pasts and abilities.

Also I highly doubt 11 is the lock for the crew.

Anteater

We know barely anything about BB's crew, maybe Lafitte or someone else is also able to read them.

Keep in mind, we know still no individual Fighting styles of them except Burgess, no real pasts and abilities.

Also I highly doubt 11 is the lock for the crew.

yeah that's true, but I feel like Pudding being introduced suddenly as someone who could potentially hear the voice of all things is pretty important, it'd be weird if they then say someone else in black beard's crew has the same ability and fully developed.

Anteater

also milky is the traitor

year of the chopper is up next

8EHrWzM.jpg

Anteater

I'm more interested in knowing what happens after the wedding honestly, say if big mom gets taken out, what happens to the vinsmokes and capone? Anyone gonna replace big mom as the new Yonko?

Loved that last panel, we really didn't deserve Pudding.

Also, it's weird that Bege is ignoring the Germa 66 side of the conflict. I can already see him betraying them all, tbh.

Rule of Storytelling 101: If a plan is explained in explicit detail to the reader, then 9 times out of 10, the plan will fail.
Otherwise known as The Scooby Doo Theorem.

Bege's plan is also very flawed. It's based solely on two assumptions.

First assumption: Big Mom will be in a weak enough state for the KX Launcher to pierce her skin.
Second assumption: That 5 grams of poison will be enough to kill her.

Can we assume that reason Big Mom's knees were scrapped is because her being distracted by the picture disrupted her haki? Perhaps she's in a constant state of using it which prevents her from being hurt.

NSESN

The only way a revealed plan works is if it seems totally impossible. The plan seems pretty plausible so it won't happen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dunno why, but part of me thinks Big Mom's power might have something to do with that picture. Like a Portrait of Dorian Gray situation.

Ray Down

Banned
I dunno why, but part of me thinks Big Mom's power might have something to do with that picture. Like a Portrait of Dorian Gray situation.

Though how does that work if the sun got hurt and that's part of her soul.

Unless there's some idea out there that there's multiple parts to a soul.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Though how does that work if the sun got hurt and that's part of her soul.

Unless there's some idea out there that there's multiple parts to a soul.

Maybe they're like horcruxes? I dunno, it just feels like there's more to that picture than we know.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The more we see from other Yonkous the more im impressed that Shanks is one as well. Dude must be a frigging Beast...hope we see him go all out without dying in the same battle, though its unlikely.

Ray Down

Banned
Man I would love to get Pudding face at the final page, but the OP box at the bottom ruins it :-(

Unless some here can remove that in the avatar thread, but I can't post scans...

Kreed

Can we assume that reason Big Mom's knees were scrapped is because her being distracted by the picture disrupted her haki? Perhaps she's in a constant state of using it which prevents her from being hurt.

Oda has been giving us visual cues for Haki usage, so we'd have seen a hint during her rampage at a minimum. IMO, Oda is simply linking Big Mom's strength to her emotions.

I kinda want the plan to be a success well partly. Everything works out perfectly until the escape part of turns out big moms scream (Haki) knocked out brûlée. Last panel of the chapter big mom gets up with the most vicious look ever

Ray Down

Banned
What is this Greg theory?
I will post it later since I'm driving home (not actually driving), but a brief thing is Greg feels there has to be more with Pudding whole memory powers than edit Reiju memories.

He feels it mostly likely due to the Lola flashback and maybe that Pudding was proposed to Loki and Pudding mass edited everyone one.

Ray Down

Banned
Pudding's ability is too good to have used it merely for the GOTCHA scene with Reiju. If Oda did that I...I dunno why he didn't just have her act her role in the first place.

I still see her as the Spandam mastermind villain behind the arc.

I'm of the opinion that Pudding caught a highly influential giant's eye and he wanted to marry her. Pudding was like, "NO WAY!", and changed some memories. Don't think she touched the giant's memory, even though she probably wanted to, but pretty sure she changed Mom and her family's memories to think it was Lola. This worked in her favor since Lola was gone and Mom couldn't force her to marry the giant.

This is basically Greg theory, still don't really buy it but Pudding is so up in the air so who knows, lol.

LotusHD

Banned
No seriously I'm not the only one catching these right like come on what was that one even for

Seriously though, this one was more vague than last chapter's. I have no idea why he gave her a panel like that.

Pudding's ability is too good to have used it merely for the GOTCHA scene with Reiju. If Oda did that I...I dunno why he didn't just have her act her role in the first place.

I still see her as the Spandam mastermind villain behind the arc.

I'm of the opinion that Pudding caught a highly influential giant's eye and he wanted to marry her. Pudding was like, "NO WAY!", and changed some memories. Don't think she touched the giant's memory, even though she probably wanted to, but pretty sure she changed Mom and her family's memories to think it was Lola. This worked in her favor since Lola was gone and Mom couldn't force her to marry the giant.

This is basically Greg theory, still don't really buy it but Pudding is so up in the air so who knows, lol.

There's definitely more to her, and yea, I guess I'm still going with this one, just because Lola seems strangely nonchalant about her mom wanting to kill her.

Ray Down

Banned
There's definitely more to her, and yea, I guess I'm still going with this one, just because Lola seems strangely nonchalant about her mom wanting to kill her.
Though I always though Pudding edit her memories so Lola wouldn't be afraid to leave and just changed her memories of BM.

Would maybe explain why she admires her and maybe the flashback before Lola left.

But who knows.

Syntsui

Remember Sugar.

Then again Dofla whole plan in partly running that country relied on her.

Pudding memory manipulation would be self serving and would Oda just give someone a DF just to do all that.

Talking about her, I can't stress enough how disappointing it is that Oda never gave her a flashback. She had the most broken power of any shonen ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom