• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

I wonder if I should spend a gem to try and get the final level on 3d2y brook if he's still not maxed at the end of the day.

His special's totally usable at the current skill level, but with only one level left it might be worth to at least try and max it.

RedBoot

Wasn't sure if I was going to feed my Croc books yet, but I was getting good skill ups on STR Blueno so I swapped over to Croc. Went 5 for 13, which is amazing. Only need 2 more skill ups to finish him, which should be quite doable.

Finished STR Blueno and Ohm as well. Got poor luck on Marguerite (4 for 27) and RR Blueno (3 for 30). I'll keep running Marg until I finish Croc, and then see where everyone else stands.

Didn't feed my Aces yet since he's unevolved and I need to get a penguin tomorrow. Might just get up to 40-45 copies and feed them all in one go, that's worked well for me on Colo characters.

Ran all of the Story Character extra islands today in Japan and only managed to get two story character drops, but one of them was Lucci, so I'm completely happy. So many different teams use QCK Lucci, so it's nice to finally have one.

bjork

32 Zephyrs got me 7 skill ups, so he's at skill level 9. But I swapped his sockets to CD/AH and those are maxed, so that's nice. Will try and polish him off tomorrow, once and for all.

I only had 12 Tesoros because I passed out yesterday early, but he's at skill level 9 as well. 17 turns is at least fairly useable, but not as good as max. I'm glad he's got one more day and that he's easy to run. For sockets I have 5 damage/5 CD/4 bind/4 despair/4 AH so he's almost done there, too.

Aside from that, dupes from sugos and whatnot didn't yield much, nor did skillbooks. I got Diamante to 4, so he's 20 turns. Gladius to 4 so he's 17 turns. Maxed INT Ivankov, and then... I fed 7 Log Luffy books to Mr. Tanaka so I could evolve him. The game's luck quotient means I'll be due for a Log Luffy pull next sugo, now.

LOL, the new Christmas Tashigi RR in Japan heals for 12240 HP.

Also: the new event island in Japan is basically a boss rush of story mode characters. You get one run apiece on 7 stages that goes through every story mode character (there's an East Blue stage, an Alabasta stage, etc), and then the final version is a repeatable 40 stamina stage that randomly pulls from a large pool of story mode characters. Everyone can drop. So basically, if you're missing a lot of story mode characters, this is what you want to run. For people like me who already have a lot of them, we're probably better off focusing on single stages.

This sounds nice because I'm lacking story dudes all the way back to Ark Maxim (still need story Enel). If we get it I'd enjoy running this a lot. Are they the same fight specifics, like Moria having the shield, Spandam having anti-KO, etc?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Marco books incoming. I need about 9000. I wish I had more stamina so that a gem gave me more than 85 stamina. I use Marco so much, really need to get him to max.

EMT0

Banned
I actually came out of this pretty lucky with my skillups. The highlights were:

12/50 Zephyr - 2 Charge Special/5 Slots
13+/45 Gild Tesoro - MAX - 5 Bind/Despair/Autoheal and 4 Slots/Charge Special
9+/45 Carina - MAX - 5 Bind/4 Despair/5 Charge Special
3/7 Lao G - 2 more till max
3/11 Mr. 1
0/8 Gasparde - Fuck this guy :(
4/19 Koala - MAX
4/8 Shuraiya Bascud
5/18 General Hotdog
6/20 President Heaby
2/12 Needless
4/13 Vergo - 2 more till max

I'm feeling pretty damn good, all things considered. I only need 2 more skillups on Zephyr and I had some super good luck with Tesoro's skillups and sockets(a + means leftover copies for skillups). I figure I'll hit Zephyr hard enough today to max out his special, then worry about sockets next Tuesday when I don't have exams hanging over me. Tesoro went crazy well also and maxing him and Carina out could take as little as two runs. Although I'll go for a high end bet at it taking me 20 more copies to max him completely, I think that once either Carina is maxed or I only have one more socket to go, I'll call it good and get that last socket via tome. I'm super pleased with how Lao G, Koala, and Vergo went too. General Hotdog is useful as a conditional booster, so having him at 15 is also pretty great. Gasparde....fuck Gasparde >.>

Is your GPUsopp maxed?

Sadly not, I don't think there's been a chance to skill up GP Usopp since I started playing

bjork

So when this run is over, you guys think we'll get the rest of the kimono fortnights? In the drop table, they're the first ones that are skipped over.

next Tuesday when I don't have exams hanging over me

time to be father bjork: you make sure you're ready for that, that's way more important than anything in this game

commish

time to be father bjork: you make sure you're ready for that, that's way more important than anything in this game

That's simply not true. You can always take another exam or redo the entire class. But once Tesoro and Z are gone, THAT'S IT FOREVER.

bjork

That's simply not true. You can always take another exam or redo the entire class. But once Tesoro and Z are gone, THAT'S IT FOREVER.

One day this game will close, and then all these people with maxed movie units are gonna be like "aw man, what?"

including me even if I don't max them

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man they really got me with Zoro. Ended up spending 3 more stones just to get it done...and honestly i cant even say that it wasnt worth it. He will be a mainstay on my Slasher teams for a while and he is one of my favorite units - so just happy i got it done.

screenshot_2016-12-139kb60.png
screenshot_2016-12-13y9yka.png

3/12 to get the final missing skillups on him. Also ended up maxskill WhiteBay, Gasparde, Shuraya,Needless, Crocus etc.

2/4/5/2 on Gasparde Sockets - not too bad i guess considering i only had like 2-3 days.

Also ended up with 11 Ace Books - no need for them but ill hold onto them - you never know. Now if i can finish off Zephyr tomorrow ill be more than happy - 4 more skillups needed.

I also wanted to max skill 3D2Y Luffy on once of the upcoming Islands but seeing how much effort it took with Zoro this wont happen. Also i wanna stay above 10 Gem so i can at least farm Doffy or Raid Kuma if they return. Zoro was an exception lol.
If you have the necessary sockets, Gild Tesoro is quite easy, to be honest. The most important thing is having level 1 Bind / Despair sockets (if you bring Ain) or level 2 (if you bring Whiteybay). Whitebay is great for this raid, since on top of reducing those debuffs it grants you a ATK bonus to delayed enemies (and you are delaying Gild Tesoro with GP Usopp). Use the Thousand Sunny.

My strategy was:

Stage 1: Don't take any damage. If you get a Meat orb, save it!
Stage 2: Stall here until your Usopp has 2 turn CD. Turtles have 8 HP and hit for 1200. Penguin hits for 1700 and will die if you hit him with anybody but Usopp. Kill the fodder first. Once Usopp is at 2CD, go to stage 3rd.
Stage 3: Use GP Usopp, clear the stage in 5 turns. If you get all units with 1 turn CD you can tank a hit in Carina (2600 damage).
Stage 4: Use Thousand Sunny to kill the Elder Seahorse and reduce the Canoneers HP. Kill most of them (keep 1 alive!). Tank a hit (4900 damage), wait until your Usopp is at 2 turn CD, kill him.
Stage 5: Use Usopp, al other CDs, attack. You have 4 turns. Should be enough.

In order to do this you need a skill max GP Usopp (which I think you have). You'll need some Meat orbs in Stages 1-3 in order to survive, but you'll get them as you go. Most of the time I had AutoHeal level 2-3 (200 or 300 heal at the end of the turn) which can be useful.
*saved*

I have everything you mentioned in the post so ill definitely will give this a try. Need to also do the 60stam because of the Gem Reward...so even if i stone once or twice it wont be too bad.
lol.

RedBoot

This sounds nice because I'm lacking story dudes all the way back to Ark Maxim (still need story Enel). If we get it I'd enjoy running this a lot. Are they the same fight specifics, like Moria having the shield, Spandam having anti-KO, etc?

For the most part, they do, yeah (though Spandam specifically didn't seem to have his). Moria has his shield, Perona has her no-damage buff, etc, but everything is dialed down a bit (Perona's buff is like 3 turns versus the 10 it was in story mode). Basically easier versions, though you will have to contend with several in each run, so you probably want to go for more generalized teams.

We'll surely get it over here at some point, though probably not for a while. It has characters all the way through Marineford, plus Rayleigh from the 3D2Y island. So I'd expect it sometime after we get 3D2Y.

bjork

For the most part, they do, yeah (though Spandam specifically didn't seem to have his). Moria has his shield, Perona has her no-damage buff, etc, but everything is dialed down a bit (Perona's buff is like 3 turns versus the 10 it was in story mode). Basically easier versions, though you will have to contend with several in each run, so you probably want to go for more generalized teams.

We'll surely get it over here at some point, though probably not for a while. It has characters all the way through Marineford, plus Rayleigh from the 3D2Y island. So I'd expect it sometime after we get 3D2Y.

Sweet. Only gonna run story stuff when there's nothing else going on, then.

Tidd

I have 27 3D2Y Zoro books now. With a little bit of luck this should be enough to max him once I pull him.
Never
But if we get a christmas sugo it looks like it will be a STR one. So just maybe? ;__; Also maxed Whitey Bay and 3D2Y Brook. Back to the Marguerite fortnight till the colosseum is out again. My Coby still needs 4 skill ups. Should be doable this week with natural stamina.

MANUELF

Banned
Lately there has not been book drops on gasparde fn and when they do they are for Perona or her Ghost who I dont have....

Also anyone has have any luck on the New Story fortnight in Japan? I have gotten Mr4, Moría and Perona so far

MiTYH

Lately there has not been book drops on gasparde fn and when they do they are for Perona or her Ghost who I dont have....

Also anyone has have any luck on the New Story fortnight in Japan? I have gotten Mr4, Moría and Perona so far

I play JPN from time to time, have a LL, Law, Bart account. Just did some runs (thanks for the reminder) and got Croc to drop, few others too like Kalfia

EDIT: Anyone know how much EXP the amazon lily FN gives? I'm at 11869 until rank up, and at 0 stamina exactly. Running Dead End (5561) doesnt get me enough to level up before tonight. Trying not to gem for Z only to have it replaced with a level up

commish

When harming FNs for books/drops, do you guys farm the 15 stam version or the 30 stam version? I've been doing 30 stam but I've done a few 15 stam versions and have received books/units, so I don't know what's better.

RedBoot

10 Breeds today, 0 skill-ups. I'm two from max. Come on Game, I thought I'd be done with this early. :p

When harming FNs for books/drops, do you guys farm the 15 stam version or the 30 stam version? I've been doing 30 stam but I've done a few 15 stam versions and have received books/units, so I don't know what's better.

30 stamina has better odds. You can certainly get more stuff from running more 15 if you're lucky, but in the long run you're probably going to average seeing better drops on 30. (And I'd rely on your luck as little as possible in this game :p )

I've finally gotten back to the Amazon FN to get some skill ups but geez, Marguerite's drop-rate seems like real garbage.

I'm a little annoyed that we're getting the Jimbei forest so soon. It seems like the only teams that can beat it on global are Sengoku teams, Ray teams with a Sengoku sub, and maybe Marco teams with Boa subs and max socket levels. Maybe LL teams can do it but I've only seen ones with skill maxed legend Doffy subs. I don't think SW Ace teams can do it because we don't have SW Franky or Usopp books yet. F2P and zombie teams don't stand a chance without raid Sabo and Slashers can't do it without Int Hawk books. What's even more annoying is that we haven't seen Ussop'n again since the first time he showed up something like 9 months ago and I can't even make level 5 auto-heal on some of my plausible teams without him.

EMT0

Banned
It seems like the RNG decided to take pity on me and granted me some amazing luck; in about ten copies of Gasparde, I skilled up 6 times, taking me to a usable 20 turn cooldown. I'll take it happily, as I didn't think I'd get Gasparde to 23 cooldown, let alone 20. Now to finish off Zephyr today.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Gild Tesoro was very nice to me today. 6/12 special ups, so a 50% rate. The rest of my 40 copies went to sockets, and he's complete.

That's all 3 movie raidbosses maxed specials and maxed sockets.

Crocodile didn't go as well at first. Out of 30 books, I only got 5 special ups. Some ardent farming today yielded 7 more books, and my final 2 special levels:

This should definitely help to tear through Hancock raid in the future for those sockets.
Also maxed Carina, Aphelandra, Marguerite, and RR Blueno.

Kyou

The ranking is dumb easy if you have g3 or Rayleigh

Captain of choice+strongest str character+3 penguins, beat it first try(after accidentally selecting 30 stamina...)

When are we going to start getting specific tomes from rewards?

Spent the last of my gems farming the dead end fortnight for 3d2y zoro books and got barely any

2 away from max special damn! i really wanted to finish him off but next time i suppose

cw_sasuke

0/10 on Zephyr - off to a great start.
This archaic skillup system is really killing my renewed interest for the game lol.

Waiting and hoarding books/units for months and 2x skill up is still this crappy ? I mean come on.
CONGRATS!

I finally finished mine too. Took me 30 books.

I dublicated 2 of them with Bacarrat. She's really awesome..

Awesome grats - i didnt even think of running Baccarat on that stage lol. Just went with one recommended Double Enel squad. Nice that you got it done as well, who knows when his skill ups will return.
Spent the last of my gems farming the dead end fortnight for 3d2y zoro books and got barely any

2 away from max special damn! i really wanted to finish him off but next time i suppose

Droprate of Zorobooks was abysmal - felt like i was getting more Ace books most of the time lol.

Hana-Bi

Captain of choice+strongest str character+3 penguins, beat it first try(after accidentally selecting 30 stamina...)

We got specific tomes as a reward already. Sadly only one time. :(

The ranking was easy. Used a LL team wiith Doffy, Koala and raid Boa as a sub. :)

For the new forest I gound this team on reddit:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nZybAosVVaY

It's a LL team with raid Doffy, GP Usopp, raid Boa and IntIvankov as subs. I have all the chars maxed, sadly no orb sockets so I only get level 1 orb sockets and it requires dome orb luck too but at least it seems to work. Every other team I saw requires skill ups for chars without any books on global so far or legends I don't have...

EMT0

Banned
It only took 15 Zephyrs to max out my Charge Special sockets and skillups! That makes Zephyr my very first maxed out raid boss.

feelsgoodman.gif

How does the ranking system work? I think that's the only aspect of the game I've never seen explained anywhere at all by any newb guide.

MANUELF

Banned
My drops so far in the story fortnight island:

*Mr 4
*Moria
*Perona
*Krieg
*Pearl
*Miss Goldenweek
*Mihawk
*Sentomaru x2
*Gin
*Marigold

Jayhawk

Over 8 million damage on the ranking. I would have got at least a couple more million If I didn't screw up on Smoker. Double Log Luffy, raid Doflamingo, Koala, Monet, and raid Hancock.

cw_sasuke

Done with Z. Went from 0/10 to 0/15 and almost lost it. Then i got 3 skillups from 5 fodders. Resulting in 4/23 in total. More than expected but it could have been way worse considering the shitty start.

Still need to clear Golden Lion Pirates' Attack for the stone.
0 for 22 on Z skill ups. Gonna have to retire from the game. I can only take so much!

Man this sucks bro - honestly this could have been me with one more shitty skillup attempt.
Probably best to do pause now and come back to it later.

EMT0

Banned
Ouch. :/ I thought my Zorro skillbook luck was bad, but wow 0 for 22 would kill any motivation to continue for me too. I'd just scrap Zephyr at this point.

On the bright side, the next time he pulls he's getting a Legend. Fortune owes him a solid now

RalchAC

I don't really get why skill up still works like this. We could get a 100% chance of a s.up and will still be forced to do a 100 runs to finish sockets.

I think they should guarantee a skill up if you feed 5 copies at the same time. At least during a s.up event.

Kyou

How does the ranking system work? I think that's the only aspect of the game I've never seen explained anywhere at all by any newb guide.
Okay I'll try my best to explain it

Instead of "ranking" think of them more as challenges. They come attached to a fortnight but are not there forever. You'll have one week to try and do whatever the current challenge is on a particular stage of the fortnight(almost always 15 stamina)

Usually these challenges involve damage or speed in cleaning. The current one is total damage done over the entire level. So you want to build a team that can do massive damage every stage, ideally one giant hit so you can take your time overkilling each enemy.

Prizes are given out depending on how well you do, and "clearing" the ranking is getting all the prizes and the max amount of bounty points(that number you see on friend profiles)

Almost always there's an easy trick to clearing the ranking.

bobohoro

I don't really get why skill up still works like this. We could get a 100% chance of a s.up and will still be forced to do a 100 runs to finish sockets.

I think they should guarantee a skill up if you feed 5 copies at the same time. At least during a s.up event.

I'd rather they do something accumulative. You start at base skill-up rate and the probability goes up with each copy/book fed, then resets after a skill-up. This way you'd at least work towards a better chance of a skill-up with each drop instead of feeling like you wasted your time and it would certainly cut down on stuff like 0/10.

Similary I'd like the socket probabilities adjust in favor of players as well. Leave them at equal chance with zero sockets, but the more levels you have in one socket, the higher the probability for it appearing in the next feed. Would lessen the grind for that last socket level drastically.

I don't know if that's possible from a technical standpoint, since I guess the file size would blow up as well with the game having to keep track of all that but it would make for a more enjoyable experience.

Although I'm not gonna complain today, went 4/10 on my first rounds of Zephyr, so I should finish him off rather easily today.

Majukun

tried something with fujitora for the jinbe forest but to no avil..i'l wait for someoneelse to conjure up some team and do the mathg..especially since the gamewith guide is incomplete and doesn't list all the enemies do.

Oh come on. 0/8 Z skillups, really?

Stay strong, how many skill ups left?

on that note, I maxed Zephyr's skill a bit earlier; will fill in the missing sockets for movie characters with socket books from colo I think. Not gonna gem for sockets lol.

Now I gotta farm shiki's crew FN for the last skill up for my 3D2Y sanji. Hope I'll get a bit lucky with that.

MiTYH

Stay strong, how many skill ups left?

on that note, I maxed Zephyr's skill a bit earlier; will fill in the missing sockets for movie characters with socket books from colo I think. Not gonna gem for sockets lol.

Now I gotta farm shiki's crew FN for the last skill up for my 3D2Y sanji. Hope I'll get a bit lucky with that.

Just went 2/4, so there's something *throws another gem*

I generally don't gem for raid bosses, but this is an exception since he's a strong shooter sub.captain, and I need those desperately, and he's not coming back. I need 6 more skillups. I aim to get him done or near done today, and do the same with Tesoro when he's back on Monday. I think I need the same amount of skills on him too, but want him more for my SW Shanks team to replace the garp/mr2 combo

EDIT: About to use my 3rd gem now, currently at 21/16 skill level, which is 3/20 copies. Bonus is that Ain is long done and almost socketed, and Z is now fully socketed

bjork

I got Zephyr to 11 at work last night, so I need a few more and I'm there. It's what I'm doing with the rest of my day. I think I need four, so I'm gonna try and feed 4 at a time and see if I can get there without it actually taking the rest of my day.

Sorry to hear about the luck commish had, that's similar to my Doflamingo luck, but at least in my case, he returns.

Where I don't play Global much anymore, I'm in this awkward spot where I don't have my Zephyr evolved and I can't get a stupid Purple dragon until tomorrow. I still need 10 more skill ups total, so I guess I'm just going to farm as much as I possibly can today. I'm at 22 copies right now, so I've probably got a long way to go. If I can hit 50, then I'll be happy. I won't be betting on being able to max him, but it should hopefully at least be close.

Edit: Probability calculator tells me I have an 83.6% chance of maxing my special and a 45.6% chance of finishing my sockets if I can get 50 copies. Not too bad I guess.

commish

Yeah, 0/22 is pretty frustrating. I then went 2/8 so we are getting there. Funny thing is, I honestly doubt I'd ever use Z. I certainly don't have the units to use him now, and even if I pull them in the future, I'm pretty well invested in my Marco/Ray teams. That said, he's going away, and there's no suitable replacement released yet, so onward I march! I just want to get him to around 20 turns. I can live with 20.

Feeding him one at a time is the way to go. Seeing 0/5 all at once is too painful.

bjork

Fed 4 at a time 4 times, got my 4 skill ups and so now aside from getting him to 99, he's done. Sockets and specials done. Same for Ain, she's at 67 with maxed skill and sockets. And now I don't touch this for a day or two. I'm not gonna farm shiki, I don't think.

EMT0

Banned
I found that adapting my Gild Tesoro team to wail on Dr. Indigo and Scarlet works wonders. Looks like I'm gonna be farming the everloving hell out of his FN for Legend Marco and 3D2Y Sanji books, with Kohza as a bonus.

Hisoka

0/10 on Zephyr - off to a great start.

Awesome grats - i didnt even think of running Baccarat on that stage lol. Just went with one recommended Double Enel squad. Nice that you got it done as well, who knows when his skill ups will return.

Thank you! Good luck on your Z!

Going slow today, don't know if i should save up some Sanji books just in case..
Need some more Arlong too. Fight him with the same Team as Gasparde yesterday. Wasn't lucky with the dublicates tho..

Top Bottom