• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

I would like to get some sockets for the Arlong and Smoker that I use in my Sengoku team, so I hope when I get to it, it's friendly with drops.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ugh another 0 for 10 with Z. What bad luck. I think that brings me to 2 out of 40.

Edit: And there's a 3/5. Whew. Have it down to 22. I already have my sockets, so even if I don't get another skill up, I can live with 22. I'll still try for the final, but not as concerned as I was earlier.

MiTYH

Thank GOD Z is an easy raid or I'd be losing my mind with these gems.

Only up to 3 spent on him (today). Just went 2/6, which is pretty good. Need 3 more now, almost there.

bobohoro

I actually enjoy running Z. It's nice, easy and fast. Shame he will be gone now, wouldn't actually have minded farming another one.

Need one more skill-up and one last heal socket and I'm done. Can squeeze in another run on natural stamina before I'm off to sleep, don't think I'll be that lucky, but who knows.

Looking ahead a week, I think I can run my double Gild Tesoro team against Aokiji as well. Does 2,2M damage on burst, and since Aokiji doesn't really hurt you until 50% it's plenty. And more than enough sockets for him to not be a bother.

Looking ahead a week, I think I can run my double Gild Tesoro team against Aokiji as well. Does 2,2M damage on burst, and since Aokiji doesn't really hurt you until 50% it's plenty. And more than enough sockets for him to not be a bother.
What team are you looking at? I thought I had a good one set, until I remembered that Gild's special only gives yellow orbs if you have over 50% HP, which messed up my team plans.

MiTYH

I actually enjoy running Z. It's nice, easy and fast. Shame he will be gone now, wouldn't actually have minded farming another one.

Need one more skill-up and one last heal socket and I'm done. Can squeeze in another run on natural stamina before I'm off to sleep, don't think I'll be that lucky, but who knows.

Oh I agree, I enjoyed Z which is why I never farmed him. But of all the ones to farm, at least he and Tesoro are easy.

Speaking of, another gem gone, another 4 copies of Z, and got TWO skill ups! That puts him at one away from max, so I think I'm done gemming. Natural stamina tonight, and he comes back once more, which should HOPEFULLY be enough to max him. If not, si there anything that requires a maxed Z? Enh... we'll see.

I'm also excited for Aokiji, should be able to topple him easier with my SWShanks now.

EMT0

Banned
I've got a sinking feeling about the drop rate of books on Dr. Indigo. I get about one book a run, and I've yet to see a 3D3Y Sanji or Marco book after about 5 runs. This does not bode well....

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
First new acquired Ship since the Slasher ship - beat Forest Ace w. G3.

screenshot_2016-12-14bqu32.png
screenshot_2016-12-14kzuls.png

Took around 250 cola to max level - just glad i had something to use Cola on after over a year lol. Now i gotta check if Zephyr teamed up with Ace is worth it.

Only up to 3 spent on him (today). Just went 2/6, which is pretty good. Need 3 more now, almost there.

Yeah...if it wasnt that quick and easy to clear i would have lost my mind on 0/15 lol.

RedBoot

Reminder that we have maintenance tonight after the usual update time (aka when Zephyr leaves). So no point in saving stamina this afternoon for the colosseum return, unless you do your playing in the middle of the night.

Gave Jimbe forest a shot just to get the New label off. Managed to get to 17 with a thrown-together team, so it doesn't seem too impossible at first glance? It's listed between Ace and WB, so I hope that's about accurate. Gives me hope for getting the ship sooner or later, I could probably make use of a Fighter ship.

bobohoro

What team are you looking at? I thought I had a good one set, until I remembered that Gild's special only gives yellow orbs if you have over 50% HP, which messed up my team plans.

GT/GT
Impact Usopp/FN Coby
MT Nami/T-Bone

Can pretty much run through the raid without taking a hit, take him close to 50%, use Nami to negate the 80% health cut and then burst him down. Even if I mess up, his sub 50% buff takes priority and wastes a turn as far as I know, so I get a second burst turn in.

Should be pretty fast and safe. Or am I missing something?

Speaking of, another gem gone, another 4 copies of Z, and got TWO skill ups! That puts him at one away from max, so I think I'm done gemming. Natural stamina tonight, and he comes back once more, which should HOPEFULLY be enough to max him. If not, si there anything that requires a maxed Z? Enh... we'll see.

Something to remember: Z comes back after 2x skill-up is over. Might just be worth it to waste another gem today if you need to see max on the stat screen. Don't think that last level is really needed though, since SW Ace maxes at 17 anyway.

Edit: Needed two more Zephyrs. Both Ain and Z are done with max special and full sockets CD/AH.

Jimbei Forest is looking kind of impossible without a Max Raid Boa or Max Legend Marco unless there's something I haven't found yet. A lot of teams that can clear it require Raid Sabo, which we don't have yet.

I just realized that Zephyr is coming back on the 20th.... Thought today was the last day.

In that case, my current 40 copies will have to do. Maybe 41 if I regen enough stamina before 10 tonight. Maybe I'll get super lucky and max his special!

Or go 0/40

I just realized that Zephyr is coming back on the 20th.... Thought today was the last day.

In that case, my current 40 copies will have to do. Maybe 41 if I regen enough stamina before 10 tonight. Maybe I'll get super lucky and max his special!

Or go 0/40

Aren't you gonna feed them right now to check ... ?

Hana-Bi

Reminder that we have maintenance tonight after the usual update time (aka when Zephyr leaves). So no point in saving stamina this afternoon for the colosseum return, unless you do your playing in the middle of the night.

Gave Jimbe forest a shot just to get the New label off. Managed to get to 17 with a thrown-together team, so it doesn't seem too impossible at first glance? It's listed between Ace and WB, so I hope that's about accurate. Gives me hope for getting the ship sooner or later, I could probably make use of a Fighter ship.

Well, the stages until 17 are easy. The problem are the later stages and Jimbe himself since he puts a good, then a perfect, then a great shield up and repeats this till the end. I tried a LL team but had bad cd and orb luck on stage 18. Hopefully I can clear the forest since I'm sitting at 999 colas for a long time...

Damn, made to the boss stage but had no meat luck and was killed. :( Stalled some extra turns on Namule because of a youtube guide and I think that was my mistake...

commish

Oh I agree, I enjoyed Z which is why I never farmed him. But of all the ones to farm, at least he and Tesoro are easy.

Um,excuse me sir, they are not exactly "easy" for newbs like myself :)

Edit: What sockets are the best for Z? I have him with CD/Bind atm, but autoheal always interests me.

EMT0

Banned

Edit: What sockets are the best for Z? I have him with CD/Bind atm, but autoheal always interests me.

From what I've read up, there's two routes. The route for people who are gonna use Zephyr as their first choice of a shooter captain want to go bind/despair. Then those who aspire for SW Ace or already have him want to Charge Special and Orb Matching.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
From what I've read up, there's two routes. The route for people who are gonna use Zephyr as their first choice of a shooter captain want to go bind/despair. Then those who aspire for SW Ace or already have him want to Charge Special and Orb Matching.

I don't have Ace, but I went with Bind/Autoheal myself. Shooter teams generally aren't hurting for sockets, but you need mostly everyone to have Autoheal to get you to level 5. Despair isn't quite as pivotal as it used to be.

MiTYH

First new acquired Ship since the Slasher ship - beat Forest Ace w. G3.

Ok, need to know: Is there a variation of that team WITHOUT INT Ivankov? I have the same team and want that boat! Or any, I could only do Coffin because of lacking units, mostly Perona's low cool down.

Haha sorry. We all start somewhere! Hopefully uo can grab a copy at least. I went Bind/Despair since he's my main shooter captain, or a good sub for my eventual SW Ace
stop laughing

commish

Seems no one cares for CD so I will throw that out.

Just went 2/5 on a level up attempt. Woot woot.

Also, I think I learned a hard lesson. Do you lose the sockets you've unlocked if you evolve a character? I seem to have lost all my Z sockets except the one I had selected (thankfully bind). I'm back up to 5/5 on a few but definitely missing a bunch.

Haha sorry. We all start somewhere! Hopefully uo can grab a copy at least. I went Bind/Despair since he's my main shooter captain, or a good sub for my eventual SW Ace
stop laughing

I have Z on farm and Tesoro on mostly farm, so I'm doing okay :) Just took a lot to get there in the few weeks I've been playing, including a ton TON of trial and error. I had to cobble random teams together because I have no special skillups or sockets on anyone.

In an unrelated note, I started to watch the OP anime last night. So much in this game makes more sense!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Seems no one cares for CD so I will throw that out.

Just went 2/5 on a level up attempt. Woot woot.

Also, I think I learned a hard lesson. Do you lose the sockets you've unlocked if you evolve a character? I seem to have lost all my Z sockets except the one I had selected (thankfully bind). I'm back up to 5/5 on a few but definitely missing a bunch.

You keep sockets if you evolve a character, but you don't keep any sockets at all if you don't select them. This is why people recommend evolving before feeding copies. Pre- evolved Zephyr only has one socket, so you only keep what was in that one socket.

Most characters gain an additional socket upon evolving. Tesoro is kind of the exception to the rule.

This is also why it's so important to know what sockets you want before you start feeding. You lose everything you don't select.

Hana-Bi

Damn, messed my last Jimbe forest run up in the worst possible way... Got two times in a row a psy socket on Boa and messed my combo up and then I forgot to use Boas special and dies... Could have cleared the forest...

Got him under 20%. This is really a straightforward forest. No need to manual target while tapping but you need to manage your health during this run carefully and then you have to deal with Jimbes shield. This is a pain for my LL team but hopefully I can beat him this weekend.

commish

You keep sockets if you evolve a character, but you don't keep any sockets at all if you don't select them. This is why people recommend evolving before feeding copies. Pre- evolved Zephyr only has one socket, so you only keep what was in that one socket.

Most characters gain an additional socket upon evolving. Tesoro is kind of the exception to the rule.

This is also why it's so important to know what sockets you want before you start feeding. You lose everything you don't select.

Man, had no idea. I feed a few dozen to the unevolved Z. Lost them all. At least now I know, and at least I had bind selected. Would have been a bummer to lose that one. If the gods do not favor me and give me more AH (or whatever else I might want), then CD it is!

Tidd

Ok, need to know: Is there a variation of that team WITHOUT INT Ivankov? I have the same team and want that boat! Or any, I could only do Coffin because of lacking units, mostly Perona's low cool down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RmdycbFABU & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IawEy3jS-eg

Just search youtube for "OPTC Ace forest G3" and you will get 2423223 results. :D
The forest is slightly harder than Mihawk's. Just try it.

Edit: It's fun trying to do own teams for forests. I tried a SW Ace team with PSY Marco and SW Usopp and I went all the way up to Jimbei if I get some orb luck on Stage 19 but it looks like I don't have enough damage for him :(

EMT0

Banned
Okay I'll try my best to explain it

Instead of "ranking" think of them more as challenges. They come attached to a fortnight but are not there forever. You'll have one week to try and do whatever the current challenge is on a particular stage of the fortnight(almost always 15 stamina)

Usually these challenges involve damage or speed in cleaning. The current one is total damage done over the entire level. So you want to build a team that can do massive damage every stage, ideally one giant hit so you can take your time overkilling each enemy.

Prizes are given out depending on how well you do, and "clearing" the ranking is getting all the prizes and the max amount of bounty points(that number you see on friend profiles)

Almost always there's an easy trick to clearing the ranking.

Gotcha, thanks for the crash course. I think the closest thing I have to a high damage team throughout would be trying out a double Monster Chopper team, although I'm fairly sure Smoker would KO me as soon as I'd get to him :/

On Marco books....like holy shit. My current ratio of gems to Marco book is 2 to 1, and I only have 3. To anybody that maxed a Legend's skillup, how did you not go insane

MiTYH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RmdycbFABU & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IawEy3jS-eg

Just search youtube for "OPTC Ace forest G3" and you will get 2423223 results. :D
The forest is slightly harder than Mihawk's. Just try it.

Edit: It's fun trying to do own teams for forests. I tried a SW Ace team with PSY Marco and SW Usopp and I went all the way up to Jimbei if I get some orb luck on Stage 19 but it looks like I don't have enough damage for him :(

Both have Aokiji which I don't have down far enough. I've looked at a lot of teams, believe me. Soon though, soon...

Tidd

Both have Aokiji which I don't have down far enough. I've looked at a lot of teams, believe me. Soon though, soon...

Nope, I don't believe you. :D
Because at least in Zeenigamis video your Aokji's special doesn't matter. You use him once on the very last stage.

MiTYH

Nope, I don't believe you. :D
Because at least in Zeenigamis video your Aokji's special doesn't matter. You use him once on the very last stage.

.... fair point. To be honest it was a while ago. I'll check again!!!

But first, I cry. Gemmed one last time for Z to try and be done with it and my last skill, 0/4. Ah well. Natural stamina for the last one and I'll hopefully max him. I am working on a second Ain though. Just cause

MANUELF

Banned
With Zephyr going away here are my results:
Ain: Sklvl 7, CD 5 and Bind 1 (was waiting to get despair and delete CD but I maxed it before my first despair socket.....)
Zephyr: Sklvl 7, CD 1 and AH 3

commish

Need just one more to max Z. I somehow broke my Z's slots though. No slots carry over from feed to feed except those I have locked and selected. Don't understand.

All these raids are exhausting. Need a break!!

MANUELF

Banned
Need just one more to max Z. I somehow broke my Z's slots though. No slots carry over from feed to feed except those I have locked and selected. Don't understand.

All these raids are exhausting. Need a break!!

They dont want you to max their sockets with only 50 copies so you can select what socket to use depending of the situation

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Oh yeah def - i just brought Ivankov along because i never her perfect, if i bring Perona along this happens sometimes lol. You just have to figure out how to cycle through Alvidas, Perona and GP active...it should be even easier than with my team.

LEGEND BUGGY!!!! <3

Hyped as fuck - i need him. Dont even know what his skills are.

BUGGY-SAMA !!!

Top Bottom