• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
When you have Legend units and Arlong is still you hardest hitter - i forgot how OP he is early on. In general its crazy how many early game units are still relevant and good to use compared to other games. Golden Pound, Ashura Zoro, DJ Sanji, Alvida, Arlong, Coby, Helmeppo, Hina, Smoker, Krieg etc. they all still have their purposes.

Early OPTC is still the best Gacha experience - prior to Sockets.
Yes, the Japan skillup rate without events is the same as global 2x, the skillup events happen twice a month(there is one on the 29 This month I believe) dont expect another 3x anytime soon
This is completely untrue. There is about a 5% difference in success rates between Global and Japan during non-events. During 2x events, rate ups typically look like 1 in 4 for Global and 1 in 3 for Japan respectively.
Alright thanks - guess im saving those books for a the end of the month skill-up event.
See for someone like me who doesn't have 3D2Y Zoro I absolutely would love to pull that Legend. Screwing around with him on Japan where I pulled him and a decent number of Slasher Subs I'm having a good ol' time actually being able to use his special to clear things I have no business clearing at my level like beginner Fujitora (which I ran enough times until I got one).

Oh dont get me wrong - he is great in general and i would freak out if i could pull him on Global. As a Captain he is just less impressive/flashy than BB/G4 or Sanji. Doesnt help that i dont have many Slashers right now - but him with a bunch of Top Tier Slasher subs would make a great team.

btw. If you still have space - you can add me - 070 463 363.

MiTYH

I used a Caesar lead with friend BB with Raid Doffy, Lao G, Colo Smoker, and GP Usopp as the crew mostly just to activate BB's captain ability (also Sento can't be delayed so Usopp's not a priority). If you don't have Caesar, I'd run your best Driven lead (Trebol would be particularly nice) with a friend BB, Raid Doffy and anyone else who can boost your damage. You'd probably want to try and burst Sento from above 30% to avoid his special ability. If you can stall long enough to get the friend BB's special ready, that also helps.

Sadly, without Shiki, our F2P Driven attack boosters are lacking...

EDIT: Went and checked. With Shiki MIA and Saga unlikely to come any time soon, Global's F2P Driven boosters are Story Akainu at 1.5x (who is a pain to farm and probably has too high a CD for this), Bluejam at 1.3x, and Doberman at 1.2x. Rough selection there.

Alright so, I gave this a few tries and failed pretty spectacularly. I can either get to Pacifista and not KO it in 9 turns (GP stall and tanking 1 hit), or I can beat it with one special, but then I lack the umph for the final burst. What's the strategy I'm missing for this?

i have purposefully wasted money during the entir past event and still have 10 mln beli

I was going to comment that I dont know where all my money goes (have around 2-3 million), but then I remember I fed all my CC in batches of 5 to my max level Legends, instead of turtles first. Only realized it on the last day of CC island, but damn, that sucks away cash fast

Kyou

Still hanging around a cool hundo million

Really enjoying Doffy's ship. I can finally use him without fear.

My team for the forest was a variation of the f2p team on reddit. Mihawk, Duval, Sabo, Colo Kid and FN Helmeppo instead of 5+ Zoro for the bind reduction. Cut some of the rounds close damage wise but still beat it first try. As far as I can tell you only need ah1 and Lock1.

Clear some free time though. Pica alone took like an hour.

RedBoot

Alright so, I gave this a few tries and failed pretty spectacularly. I can either get to Pacifista and not KO it in 9 turns (GP stall and tanking 1 hit), or I can beat it with one special, but then I lack the umph for the final burst. What's the strategy I'm missing for this?

What characters did you end up using? I know I did use Colo Smoker's special against the Pacifista to finish it off (since you're going to use Doffy on Sento anyway). There's also probably a better option than Lao G (some sort of INT Driven Fighter), I just grabbed him because he had high ATK and was a Fighter.

Sento didn't give me much trouble, just used the friend BB's special, Caesar and Doffy, and bursted. That was enough to take him out. I had three matching orbs, so there was probably a bit of luck involved.

Kyou

Zeff and my four cheapest blue fighters finished the ranking in one try

I dont mind the more frequent rankings but I wish they'd mix it up a bit

RedBoot

I got the Usopp Pirate Trio, who are actually new for me, so at least there's that.

Zeff and my four cheapest blue fighters finished the ranking in one try

I dont mind the more frequent rankings but I wish they'd mix it up a bit

Yeah, I ran Zeff with Horn Chopper, Kimono Sanji, Dog Penguin, and Army Wolf, and teamed up with a QCK Ace because there weren't any Zeffs up yet. Took an extra turn on the turtle stage and Arlong and had some misses. Still beat the score by 12k. I mean, I won't argue with low-effort socket books, but yeah.

mileS

Free Pull (dupe) Whitey Bay. Was hoping for dat boi Shiryu

Who is hitting up Sabo this friday? My Blackbeard team could barely beat him last time. The only thing that was missing from smooth farming was 1-2 GPU skill up's. I got 1 since. We shall see how it goes. Will try for 30-35. Also might try giving TS Luffy a go against him now that I have raid Boa to counter that debuff.

koryuken

Still hanging around a cool hundo million

Really enjoying Doffy's ship. I can finally use him without fear.

My team for the forest was a variation of the f2p team on reddit. Mihawk, Duval, Sabo, Colo Kid and FN Helmeppo instead of 5+ Zoro for the bind reduction. Cut some of the rounds close damage wise but still beat it first try. As far as I can tell you only need ah1 and Lock1.

Clear some free time though. Pica alone took like an hour.

I can't use Doffy to clear anything because of good/great barriers. I guess you can pair him with Bb friend if you use int Smoker/Lao G/ Shiki/ shooter sub.

cw_sasuke

Free Pull - 100 Raypoints

Who is hitting up Sabo this friday? My Blackbeard team could barely beat him last time. The only thing that was missing from smooth farming was 1-2 GPU skill up's. I got 1 since. We shall see how it goes. Will try for 30-35. Also might try giving TS Luffy a go against him now that I have raid Boa to counter that debuff.

I completly missed him last time...dont think i have a team for him but i will force/stone my way to get at least one copy of him for Training-Islands.

linkent

Bought the gem promo.
Got Psy Shanks again... The same for the previous gem promo+pulls.
2 useless Maxed Psy Shanks :(

Free pull....... Another Shanks.

Zzzzz

Arlong Ranking is easy with Zeff+low cost blue.

Free pull ... mr.5 hm.

Not even worth proper ray points, bout the worst possible option.

Haven't had much luck with the Arlong challenge; got the 2nd place gold medal, probably cause I've been messing up my perfects a lot & a lot of my cheap blue units are really underleveled.

Majukun

of course it was a silver and of course it was a base luffy, because of course

between japan and global i got like 98% silvers with these "free pulls"

MiTYH

Goldenweek. Basically the most silver of all the silver pulls possible

Free Pull - 100 Raypoints

I completly missed him last time...dont think i have a team for him but i will force/stone my way to get at least one copy of him for Training-Islands.

I brute-forced my way through... 30 stamina last time, I think. Just didn't have the teams. Manged 1 copy at the last run, so it's worth it. Need to check guides, see if I can do better now

What characters did you end up using? I know I did use Colo Smoker's special against the Pacifista to finish it off (since you're going to use Doffy on Sento anyway). There's also probably a better option than Lao G (some sort of INT Driven Fighter), I just grabbed him because he had high ATK and was a Fighter.

Sento didn't give me much trouble, just used the friend BB's special, Caesar and Doffy, and bursted. That was enough to take him out. I had three matching orbs, so there was probably a bit of luck involved.

Forgot to thank you for this last night. I was using the wrong special to KO pacifista (ceasar), and kept forgetting since I have only a few BB friends. But I managed to get through it with this team. So, thanks!

New ship took me from 901 cola to 746. So 155, not too shabby overall. Damn 35 cola on the last stage is a lot but got that one in one try.

Also, since I'm just posting everything, Ranking was done with this team I saw on reddit:
double QCK Ace, FN Kaku, Ain, Thatch, Dog Penguin with Bezan Black ship got it done. Didn't need any specials.

Felt good to give QCK Ace some love. Cleared in 7 turns, hit a bunch of greats with my perfects, but never missed. Wound up with 753000 which just squeaked me by the 750000 ranking. So hit perfects and you'll be fine

bjork

Got Law with my pull, so Ray points. With dupes now, I don't trust them for skill ups or sockets. I just wish there was something on the shop I was really looking for.

cw_sasuke

New 3Y Luffy on JPN is crazy - such a good unit and guaranteed drop as well if you need to Socket Luffy. Just when i evolved my FN Coby they drop this on us - nice sub for VS Sanji.

I brute-forced my way through... 30 stamina last time, I think. Just didn't have the teams. Manged 1 copy at the last run, so it's worth it. Need to check guides, see if I can do better now

What team did you use ? I need to look up viable teams...dont wanna spend more than one stone.

RedBoot

Free Pull (dupe) Whitey Bay. Was hoping for dat boi Shiryu

It's funny, now that I have SW Franky, my top RR wants (Shiryu, 3D2Y Zoro, Haruta, Tashigi) are all Slashers. So it'd be nice to grab one from the free pulls. I'm also hoping the Zoro Sugo falls within the Slasher boost as well, it'd be nice to do a multi with a shot at those slashers plus Zoro and Brook.

Forgot to thank you for this last night. I was using the wrong special to KO pacifista (ceasar), and kept forgetting since I have only a few BB friends. But I managed to get through it with this team. So, thanks!

Good to hear! I actually took a few more shots at the level last night to try and find a more reliable strategy (put Colo Coby in for Lao G), but even all that was still a little luck-heavy. It's just a hard-ass level.

Also, I learned that even BB doesn't protect against Sentou's DEF boost. I guess that means DEF boosts are separate from damage negation (which does make sense).

He's not out here yet, though. So I will wait for either that or... wasn't Garp's ship a shop item as well?

Yeah, we should be getting the Garp Ship relatively soon, it was the next one to show up after the Rocketman. Boosts STR and PSY, which is kind of nice. Wouldn't mind using it for some Sengoku teams. I'm sitting on a dupe Croc, so barring an unusual 6+ for him, that's basically a free ship ticket. Gonna have to decide if I want Garp, Going Luffy, or Thriller Bark.

mileS

It's funny, now that I have SW Franky, my top RR wants (Shiryu, 3D2Y Zoro, Haruta, Tashigi) are all Slashers. So it'd be nice to grab one from the free pulls. I'm also hoping the Zoro Sugo falls within the Slasher boost as well, it'd be nice to do a multi with a shot at those slashers plus Zoro and Brook.

That's what I thought about when the Slasher boost popped up. We very well could see that Zoro Sugo on the tail end of this boost. That would make me feel a hell of a lot better spending all my gems. Hope it all turns out.

MiTYH

What team did you use ? I need to look up viable teams...dont wanna spend more than one stone.

Honestly 30 stamina is just a breeze, you should be able to get through it fine. It's the droprate that's terrible. There's a bunch of teams here you can check out. Obviously those are 60 stam teams but you can just sub out units with what you have. Again, 30 is all about the bad drops, not difficulty.

EMT0

Banned
Another Buster Call, another chance to farm it that I blow off because that raid bores me, to my very core. Like good god is it awful. I used to want a similar raid starring the CP9 and a Raid Lucci but like...it's so tedious :/

Hell, I put off using my stamina nowadays because I hate the latest Whitebeard Pirates FN. The drops are shit, I actually die to it every once in a while if I goof, and have I mentioned the drops are shit? Mansherry is the only one that drops her books like a RR would, albeit a rare one similar to 3D2Y Sanji in the Strong World FN. Leo? His books have a Legend drop rate for me. And Sabo? I haven't seen a single one of that dude's books in the week that I've been running it. It's just ugh.

RedBoot

That's what I thought about when the Slasher boost popped up. We very well could see that Zoro Sugo on the tail end of this boost. That would make me feel a hell of a lot better spending all my gems. Hope it all turns out.

We do have a Facebook event from the 21st to the 24th, and we've had those lead into sugos before (ie. Get a Zoro evolver set if we get # Likes!).

The FB event seems to be Luffy and Law themed though, so I guess that doesn't exactly gel. We'll have to wait and see.

Hell, I put off using my stamina nowadays because I hate the latest Whitebeard Pirates FN. The drops are shit, I actually die to it every once in a while if I goof, and have I mentioned the drops are shit? Mansherry is the only one that drops her books like a RR would, albeit a rare one similar to 3D2Y Sanji in the Strong World FN. Leo? His books have a Legend drop rate for me. And Sabo? I haven't seen a single one of that dude's books in the week that I've been running it. It's just ugh.

I got six Mansherry books last night alone. I've gotten two Leo books total. And no Sabos, either. Granted, I haven't been running it much, but still. I'm basically going for Story Law books at this point.

I'll be focusing on Colo and Sabo raid for the majority of this week anyway, so meh. If I ever pull Sabo I can come back to this at 2x stamina.

cw_sasuke

Honestly 30 stamina is just a breeze, you should be able to get through it fine. It's the droprate that's terrible. There's a bunch of teams here you can check out. Obviously those are 60 stam teams but you can just sub out units with what you have. Again, 30 is all about the bad drops, not difficulty.

Hah nice....honestly i thought this was a 40/60 stam only Raidboss. Might get it done without stoning even if takes me all of my stam for that day.

Thanks.

bobohoro

I wonder how close we are to getting the Impel Down FN with him and Mr. 3

Next should be Young Donquixote and after that the Impel Down FN if we're not gonna sequence break.

Free Pull was Genzo, so 100 Ray Points. Could be worse.

And I agree with EMT0 on BC, just extremely mind numbing. Still needs sockets for Momonga/Onigumo and a few skill-ups on Dalmatian, so I ran it 8 times on natural stamina, which felt like 30 copies for other raids. And the current FN is shit, especially since I only need Squard dupes for sockets and he refuses to drop for me. I need zero SBs from it, at least the DeCalvan Brothers are kinda decent unit and drop fairly often.

Kumo

Hmm I just noticed I forgot to do a ranking mission at some point. Now it's going to bother me for the rest of my life unless they decide to bring them back.

RedBoot

Got Usopp Hammer, because why pull slashers? :p

Drake is much easier now that I have SW Franky and can run an Ace team. Back to the good ol' days of reliable colo clears and the constant cursing of auto-target.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Col Shiryu announced.

From Reddit:

I'll laugh my ass off if his preemptive is something like his RR special. Chance to kill you the second you enter the boss stage. Or chance to [insert Raid Kuma or Raid Fujitora preemptive] each unit (up to 6 total). I can see the salt now.

This would be amazing.

Top Bottom