• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
That Legend Enel looks so good. I bet common teams like him are gonna look something like this:

Ship: Moby Dick
Enel - Enel
Bonney - Ikaros
Fukaboshi - Wild Sanji/Zeo

Moby Dick to compensate for your lower starting HP, Bonney because she's ridiculous on this team, Fukaboshi for a 1.75x class boost on Strikers/Powerhouse plus delay, Ikaros for a 1.75x orb boost on Strikers plus a conditional 1.5x boost on delay, Wild Sanji if you need to guarantee RCV orbs at battle start to survive/charge up Enel's special, or Zeo if you want to get that near universal Striker coverage. Alternatively, put Kinemon or Kanjuro in place of Wild Sanji/Zeo for guaranteed orb manipulation.

EDIT: Also, I was right on how they'd buff Rayleigh hahaha. I guessed his Captain Ability(not that crazy I know) + the Perfect boost.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Enel's overheal doesn't appear to be limited to only meat recovery as far as we know, which means that enormous healing specials like Shirahoshi and Marco could become extremely relevant for burst.

One Shirahoshi special alone with max CC is 66,000 overcharge at max health, which ends up being 660,000 damage per Enel special by itself, not taking into account any overhealing on mob stages.

With both on a team, you'd have 1.21 million damage per special per Enel, then matching orbs and a moderate orb boost for two turns. I feel like you can do a lot of fun things with this new mechanic.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
From reddit

01v2gurskyzy.jpg

..........Shiki - ill farm the shit out of you.

lol

Tidd

From reddit

..........Shiki - ill farm the shit out of you.

lol

Guess the next Colosseum batch will include Colosseum Zephyr and Ain. Would be the perfect timing and they were already announced for the line version. Last time global got the movie content line got it a few weeks before that. Guess it will be the same now.

Enel's definitely up there in terms of legends with a fun concept behind how they play.

Curious how good he'll be in the meta, considering it sounds like he'll have only a little over 11k health or so without a hp boosting ship; but he's definitely fun sounding.

That aside, loving the fact I get a chance to socket my new brook and 3d2y zoro + will get zoro books so soon after pulling him; complete revival for my slasher team rn.

bjork

Caved and did a multi before bed yesterday, got TS Brook and legend Buggy. I forgot about the halloween stuff coming back, so I'm gonna try and get that Brook fully socketed before it's gone.

Majukun

it's my first time (atfter,well,the very first time they were released) i'm doing the halloween fortnights and...they are not really worth it at all, not for sockets at least

you are lucky if you get one character to drop for run

ExVicis

it's my first time (atfter,well,the very first time they were released) i'm doing the halloween fortnights and...they are not really worth it at all, not for sockets at least

you are lucky if you get one character to drop for run

Yeah the drop rates aren't the best but at the very least most of the books dropping there are books I could use. So I'm getting in as many runs as possible.

bjork

I'm just going to use the skillbooks as leveling fodder for lower-level characters and hope for the best.

I also still need to get Kid Law to appear on the Baby 5 FN, but he's hiding.

mileS

This game really knows how to twist the knife sometimes. I didn't manage to pull TS Brook and here I am getting 2 copies of Brook every single run I do. Without fail. Sockets would probably be maxed out by now. Oh my. Now to debate saving or use on 3d2y Brook.

Kyou

Halloween FN had been up under 12 hours and some Zoros on my friend list are almost completely socketed

Meanwhile I am killing it on Jozu books

MiTYH

This HW FN is the best one for me for sockets:

3D2Y Sanji
3D2Y Zoro
TS Brook

I just wish I had a better robin. Her V1 only gets two sockets, and past that I'm not sure who to socket. Probably Story for the eventual evolved form.

Books though, I need nothing on this FN, so that's a shame

I think I might have to begrudgingly run this HW FN just to socket TS Sanji. I didn't pull a TS Robin this sugo so my best alternative is socketting story Robin for her eventual 5+ form, which isn't too bad (removes 3 turns of bind, despair, and silence and reduces team cd by 1). Thanks to double Haruta, I had 60 copies of meat Brook saved up that I used to completely socket TS Brook. HW copies of Brook will probably go towards story Brook. His 5+ form locks orbs and delays for 1 turn which could potentially be pretty useful, the only downside is him also being a dex unit in a dex heavy slasher world. Zoro sockets are a toss up between bowling Zoro and 5+ Zoro, both kinda have weirdly situational specials.

Kyou

I got around to adding Pica to the friend list thing, so obligatory link to the friend code list in case anyone needs it:

bobohoro

HW drops are still bad, but at least Sanji is somewhat decent and I need him the most for 3D2Y and TS afterwards.

So yeah, priorities for me:
Luffy -> SW, 5+ (3D2Y already done)
Zoro -> HW, 5+, SW
Sanji -> 3D2Y, TS, 5+ (SW already done)
Nami -> TS, 5+ (3D2Y needs one more Bind socket)
Robin -> 3D2Y, 5(+), SW
Brook -> 5(+) (SW already done)
Chopper -> Both TS, will probably start with the QCK one
Franky -> SW, TS, 5(+)

Majukun

tonight i felt inspired

oahDkqU.jpg

and with this i've done all the forests..for now....

now,what's the better ship for croc?moby dick or red force?orbs or better initial multiplier ?better to have more hp at the beginning,or more hp when "low on hp"?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
tonight i felt inspired

and with this i've done all the forests..for now....

now,what's the better ship for croc?moby dick or red force?orbs or better initial multiplier ?better to have more hp at the beginning,or more hp when "low on hp"?

Congrats! As for the best ship for Croc, it depends. For fast clears and fortnights, you can run the Moby Dick because it starts you out at essentially a little less than a 2.5x Atk multiplier and you don't really need to stall.

Red Force is basically mandatory for late game content. The higher hp pool lets you tank hits on early stages that would otherwise kill you, like against Akainu, Sabo, Ambush Shanks, etc. The orb matching rate is actually extremely high. It's not just a little boost. With Max orb sockets, you're looking at around a 45% matching rate.

And even at full health, Croc teams can still handle stage 1 of coliseums and the like, so you're not as gimped as you might think initially.

cw_sasuke

Wow - 2x skill-up on Japan is the real deal - just went 4/5 on Legend Blackbeard. So i max skilled him with less than 10books. Managed to max skill Whitebeard as well with 12 books. Also good skillups on Raidhawk but i didnt farm enough to max him or anything.

Only bummer i went 0/5 on Legend Zoro...so with a total of 15book i fed him i still one skillup away from max. But it could be worse...overall great skillup event.

If i have some time later i might try to farm some GPU books.
@Majukun

Grats - what team did you use ?

Hana-Bi

tonight i felt inspired

Congrats. I run the red force almost exclusively for Croc. His team has a very low cd so it's enough to take one or two hits to have your specials ready for the boss stage if you even need to take a hit. His damage is great with matching orbs in the earlier stages so Moby Dick isn't necessary.

cw_sasuke

Whats the better stage for on JPN for GPU books....Kuro 15stam or 30 stam ? Its been ages since i tired it...but i remember 15stam being better in the early days.

Majukun

Wow - 2x skill-up on Japan is the real deal - just went 4/5 on Legend Blackbeard. So i max skilled him with less than 10books. Managed to max skill Whitebeard as well with 12 books. Also good skillups on Raidhawk but i didnt farm enough to max him or anything.

Only bummer i went 0/5 on Legend Zoro...so with a total of 15book i fed him i still one skillup away from max. But it could be worse...overall great skillup event.

If i have some time later i might try to farm some GPU books.
@Majukun

Grats - what team did you use ?
shiki
fuji
diamante
doffy raid
PSY marco
intvankov

Whats the better stage for on JPN for GPU books....Kuro 15stam or 30 stam ? Its been ages since i tired it...but i remember 15stam being better in the early days.

30 stamina only dropped Sogeking books and GPU books only dropped in 15 stamina. As far as I know that hasn't changed.

cw_sasuke

shiki
fuji
diamante
doffy raid
PSY marco
intvankov
Thanks...what lvl of sockets are essential ? I could use a similar team after i max skill Shiki.
30 stamina only dropped Sogeking books and GPU books only dropped in 15 stamina. As far as I know that hasn't changed.
Thats what i rembered as well...but on Japan 30stamina show GPU books as well. Maybe they changed it recently.

Tidd

30 stamina. Japan got an update a few months ago where GPU books can drop from the 30 stamina version. Gamewith list the droprate with a 50% chance to drop. But they only have a small sample size.

Thats what i rembered as well...but on Japan 30stamina show GPU books as well. Maybe they changed it recently.

I just checked Gamewith and as of April 20th, GPU books drop on 30 stamina. It also says the drop rate is 50% compared to the 9% on 15 stamina but I don't know how true that is.

cw_sasuke

30 stamina. Japan got an update a few months ago where GPU books can drop from the 30 stamina version. Gamewith list the droprate with a 50% chance to drop. But they only have a small sample size.

I just checked Gamewith and as of April 20th, GPU books drop on 30 stamina. It also says the drop rate is 50% compared to the 9% on 15 stamina but I don't know how true that is.

Alright thanks, guess i will do some 30stam runs over the next 2 days and report back.

Majukun

Thanks...what lvl of sockets are essential ? I could use a similar team after i max skill Shiki.

followed this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9JMB5a460&list=PLIMjbNJqzpzHvEeLJC3NfGkg5_yOC06hF&index=2

although i went "free form" for the last 4 stages or so since the CD and hp didn't allign anymore.

strangely,it was also one of the worst run i had in terms of enemies' CD,and yet this time i managed to complete it.

also,don't you have fujitoira too?you can use a friend shiki

cw_sasuke

Whats up with Turtle runs on JPN ? Pretty much every run drops Elders...this in addition to 2x Stamina runs lets you level units so fast compared to Global. Hope Global gets this addition soon.

followed this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9JMB5a460&list=PLIMjbNJqzpzHvEeLJC3NfGkg5_yOC06hF&index=2

although i went "free form" for the last 4 stages or so since the CD and hp didn't allign anymore.

strangely,it was also one of the worst run i had in terms of enemies' CD,and yet this time i managed to complete it.

also,don't you have fujitoira too?you can use a friend shiki
Yeah, thanks i might give it a try this weekend...though my Cola situation is rather bad. Still need max to Rocketman and i need to get Doffy ship as well.

Majukun

Whats up with Turtle runs on JPN ? Pretty much every run drops Elders...this in addition to 2x Stamina runs lets you level units so fast compared to Global. Hope Global gets this addition soon.

it's japan,everything is betetr on japan...if the japan version could give you a blowjob (or cunnilingus for the female audience), it would,meanwhile global kicks you in the groin and forces you to say "thanks"

EMT0

Banned
Testing out the Sugo simulator for Japan, and I get QCK Doffy three times in a row. The internet is mocking me :'(

ExVicis

it's japan,everything is betetr on japan...if the japan version could give you a blowjob (or cunnilingus for the female audience), it would,meanwhile global kicks you in the groin and forces you to say "thanks"
Nah I don't agree with that.

With the Japan-Global difference it's more like this, there's two kids in a family. One Kid is hungry so the parents say, well here's some cheap pizza we can get you and you can have any topping you want! So they satisfy your hunger with some cheap "meh it's pizza" pizza but it kinda works.

The other kid gets hungry? They take them out to a a Brazilian Steakhouse with so many different kinds of delicious meat you can't handle it that's so juicy and tender it basically melts in your mouth. And hey, you don't like a lot of Meat? They have a Salad Bar for you with every kind of cheese you could ask for along with so many salad combinations you couldn't possibly have them all. Also they let you drink some alcohol today because, hey why the hell not, you're underage but they're cool with it. The parents tell their other child their sorry they couldn't take them but here's some leftovers and a promise that they'll take them out someday in the future.

EMT0

Banned

With the Japan-Global difference it's more like this, there's two kids in a family. One Kid is hungry so the parents say, well here's some cheap pizza we can get you and you can have any topping you want! So they satisfy your hunger with some cheap "meh it's pizza" pizza but it kinda works.

The other kid gets hungry? They take them out to a a Brazilian Steakhouse with so many different kinds of delicious meat you can't handle it that's so juicy and tender it basically melts in your mouth. And hey, you don't like a lot of Meat? They have a Salad Bar for you with every kind of cheese you could ask for along with so many salad combinations you couldn't possibly have them all. Also they let you drink some alcohol today because, hey why the hell not, you're underage but they're cool with it. The parents tell their other child their sorry they couldn't take them but here's some leftovers and a promise that they'll take them out someday in the future.

stealthily crosses fingers behind back

Majukun

and then they never do

Kyou

Halloween FN update:

3D2Y Sanji Complete, moving to TS Sanji
SW Brook Complete, moving to Story Brook *shrugs*
SW Robin Status: 2/5/5/5 (Lock/Despair/CD/Heal)
TS Zoro Status: 5/3/5/2/4 (Lock/Despair/Defense/CD/Heal)

Total Runs: A looooot
Gems spent: Like 8

RedBoot

Also, said child has just witnessed Brother JPN's visit to the Legend Skillbook Grill, and he can only hope that someday, he too will be able to visit it, as he'd really like to try the Rayleigh Plate Special since the scraps from the Halloween party come oh so rarely.

(just to beat this analogy into the ground)

(Gimmie the Legend islands, Bandai. And that story mode event too)

MiTYH

I SWEAR, RNG is out to get me. Spent all weekend on Halloween's FN, including a level up and two gems spent to help my chances. My current status:

3D2Y Zoro: 1 Bind, 2 Despair, 4 AH, 5 Charge Special
3D2Y Sanji: 4 Bind, 4 Despair, 2 AH, 1 Charge Special
Story Robin: 2 DR, 2 RCV, 3 Despair
TS Brook: 2 Despair, 3 AH, 2 Charge Special, 3 Slot

First off, Zoro. My man. What the hell. I only got the first bind socket TODAY. Get your head in the game man. I know that between INTHawkx2 and my Doffy, I've got bind covered, but there are weirder teams I want to make and I need a secure level3 anti-lock

Similarly, Sanji. Get on the AH bandwagon.

Robin, just... whatever. You're a filler hoping your 6+ will be decent. I don't have any decent Robin units besides V1 (2? the INT booster one) and she's already almost done on the two sockets anyway

And Brook is... okayish. Again, need some bind sockets.

cw_sasuke

Honestly i didnt expect the difference to be this big. Its something reading about the JPN version than playing it and compare it to Global. The feel like different games lol. I always wondered how high rank Global players could just pack their thing and Switch to JPN just like that...after playing it for less than 2 weeks i understand it.

The good news is that all these QoL updates will hit Global as well down the line.

I was going to pull on a Sugo for a long time...but if Enel Sugo really is all Gold for 11pull i will try to get Moria for my Blackbeard. Would be nuts to run this team at some point in the future.

BB/BB
WB/VSanji
INTDoffy/GPU

bjork

Halloween FN update

tons and tons of skillbooks! Sockets on SHs:

3D2Y Zoro 5 CD/2 bind/3 despair/5 AH
SW Usopp 5 CD/Bind/Despair/AH
TS Brook 1 CD/1 Despair/2 orbs (he won't drop for me much)
3D2Y Robin 2 CD/2 Bind/1 Despair/4 orbs
3D2Y Sanji 3 Damage/1 Bind/1 Despair/1 AH

I feel like I'm getting a fair amount of drops outside of Brook, but man does it want me to have map damage and resilience sockets for everyone.

mileS

JPN just seems like its on overdrive compared to global at this point. I always hold out hope we will catch up to them over time but man... Things have been crazy lately. I'd be happy if we never caught up but we still got some of the quality things they get at a decent pace. For a while it seemed like we were tbh, but that has really slowed down lately.

We've had 3 or so trap Sugo's in a row on global, everyone was hyped for Legend Zoro and the new TS batch. We waited and waited and we finally get a trap Sugo for them that is secretly just a boosted 3d2y Sugo, nothing more. Meanwhile in JPN... a couple weeks after the insane anniversary with 3x skill up and legend/socket islands, they get a new batch of characters in an all gold Sugo with a new Legend.

bobohoro

I'm actually making decent progress. Finished HW Zoro (needed 4 sockets and 2 skillups), got one of my last two CD sockets for 5+ Zoro and my 3D2Y Sanji is only missing 3 bind and 2 despair sockets. Will definitely finish him in the coming days and start on TS Sanji with the leftovers.

Robin and Brook had bad luck, but I also don't really need any one of them.

Majukun

JPN just seems like its on overdrive compared to global at this point. I always hold out hope we will catch up to them over time but man... Things have been crazy lately. I'd be happy if we never caught up but we still got some of the quality things they get at a decent pace. For a while it seemed like we were tbh, but that has really slowed down lately.

We've had 3 or so trap Sugo's in a row on global, everyone was hyped for Legend Zoro and the new TS batch. We waited and waited and we finally get a trap Sugo for them that is secretly just a boosted 3d2y Sugo, nothing more. Meanwhile in JPN... a couple weeks after the insane anniversary with 3x skill up and legend/socket islands, they get a new batch of characters in an all gold Sugo with a new Legend.

japan has been on overdrive pretty much since their 2 year anniversary,...and before out anniversary i was hopeful that global would have followed the same path and after the anniversary we were gonna start getting all those amazing events and stuff that japan got...instead the only reason i remember we are past our anniversary is the units i got during the sugo...

the last straw was the return to sabaody story island...japan got an amazing event out of it,included a flashback island that dropped story characters like they were out of fashion...we got....nothing...an announcement on the bilboard and the island itself,enjoy.

after this i made peace with the fact that we are never gonna get the amazing stuff japan gets,just the bare minimum,and sometimes not even that (look at this colo wave with all repeats)

cw_sasuke

New INT RaidDoffy isnt as beginner friendly as is assumed...thought you could use Fighter/Striker/Ceberal units in your team but you need to run full fighter, full striker or full cerebral teams. Yeah this isnt happening....def. for player that have more units at their disposal.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
New INT RaidDoffy isnt as beginner friendly as is assumed...thought you could use Fighter/Striker/Ceberal units in your team but you need to run full fighter, full striker or full cerebral teams. Yeah this isnt happening....def. for player that have more units at their disposal.

What do you mean?

Like, you have to run with 6 fighters, 6 strikers, or 6 cerebral units?

Top Bottom