• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

Having a real issue on where to spend my stones.

3d2y zoro need sockets, and drops haven't been kind
3d2y has books coming, don't remember if drop rate was good or not
And we get Aokiji/Shanks in a few days, the former I need copies of, the latter I need to try and beat once

Decisions, decisions...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
RNG on these sockets has not been kind. No sir. Ugh. I know I should gem for these sockets bc this opportunity won't come often.

ExVicis

RNG on these sockets has not been kind. No sir. Ugh. I know I should gem for these sockets bc this opportunity won't come often.
RNG Is kind to me when I actually get to the socket roll part. But this drop RNG is both sentient and Masochistic. I have no real good use for the Sanji drops so as a result I get 50% more Sanji than everyone else.

commish

RNG Is kind to me when I actually get to the socket roll part. But this drop RNG is both sentient and Masochistic. I have no real good use for the Sanji drops so as a result I get 50% more Sanji than everyone else.

I have about 60 Brook drops for the same reason. Maybe I'll get TS Brook some day.

ExVicis

I have about 60 Brook drops for the same reason. Maybe I'll get TS Brook some day.
Brook almost ended up being a Sanji situation until I gave up and started using him to socket the FN version. Then mysteriously they stopped showing up as often.

I'm gemming real hard on this stuff but I'm a little concerned that I might be gemming too much because everying coming up is something I should also gem for.

Have to run Halloween Luffy for Whitebeard Books. Have to run Dead End for 3d2Y Zoro Books. Need to actually farm Aokiji for Whitebeard. And of course I need to run Shanks so I can get the Skull. Then I need to make sure I get Baccarat when the FN appears. And of course whenever the Movie content raids drop I absolutely need to do and at least get a copy. Goddammit here's a lot on my plate coming up.

On the plus side though!

afbdb30267a05c43e26a039f5881abbd.png

Got this out of the way for Whitebeard. I don't have enough cola to max it though so thank god there's Cola cavern coming up I guess.

RedBoot

Brook almost ended up being a Sanji situation until I gave up and started using him to socket the FN version. Then mysteriously they stopped showing up as often.

Ha, I'm actually getting a lot of Zoros (which I need for 3D2Y Zoro), but I haven't used any of them yet since I decided to wait and see how many I end up with total. Maybe that tricks the RNG Desire Sensor into thinking you don't need them? :p

I'm actually getting decent rates for everyone but Sanji, though I have been getting good luck on 5+ Sanji's sockets with the few I've gotten. Currently 0/9 on trying to get that last socket for 3D2Y Robin. Always my least favorite part of socketing, those 9 copies probably would have gotten something nice on another Robin.

Only 4 Rayleigh books so far though (which means they've only dropped twice since I'm doing 2x Stamina). Do they only drop from Brook, or does Zoro drop them sometimes?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did a multi on JPN - sadly no Moria but i did get SW Usopp, new Lucci, new Kuma, RR Kalifa, RR Sicilan, RR Rayleigh, TS Chopper....could be worse i guess.

Will do one more Single pull later and hope for Moria *believe*..

bobohoro

Socketing luck was on my side today. At least for Sanji, since I've not seen a single Zoro since 2 days. Heh.
Just missing one more Despair socket on 3D2Y Sanji, but still got two despair books in case of emergency and would rather switch over to TS Sanji for now and see how it goes.

I'm also debating on using a meat and skull books on Shiryu. Still have three meats, don't think I'll pull three legends all too soon, really. And Colo Shiryu is far off, will probably be stamina intensive and needs 5 slots of his own.

It's either between him and PSY Marco for now. Or Gladius.

EMT0

Banned
Today was a pretty good day for sockets too. I got 3D2Y Zoro and Sanji both done within a few copies of each other and got the autoheal/charge special sockets maxed out on Story Brook(so the important ones). 3D2Y Robin is sadly still pretty far off, I need 1 Bind, 2 Autoheal, and 1 Charge Special to finish her sockets, and I'm willing to keep gemming to max her out. Any extra Zoros will be used to skill up Halloween Zoro, any extra Sanjis are gonna go into TS Sanji. Brook will continue to be fed to Story Brook until his Bind sockets are done. Hopefully I can get Robin done tonight, as I want to spend as much stamina as I can on Count Butler before HW2 drops. I need me those Lao G books if Shiki's coming back, oh yes I do. I need 4 skillups on him, which is going to be annoying but doable with some gemming.

Tidd

That's pretty amazing for global. Movie raids and colosseum characters will come with 2x stamina!
Also permanent story characters in the FP pool!
Still no improved skill up rate

MANUELF

Banned
That's pretty amazing for global. Movie raids and colosseum characters will come with 2x stamina!
Also permanent story characters in the FP pool!
Still no improved skill up rate

It will never come, story characters in the FP pool is pretty recent in Japan and is already announced for global

RedBoot

We're actually getting the story character islands too! Better late than never.

FP also looks to be going through at least Thriller Bark, too bad they didn't do that for the current event.

Really, my only complaint is that the skill-up dates don't mesh particularly well with the Z/Shiki/Tesoro raid days. Would have been nice to have it at the same time. Probably going to have to overfarm Shiki if I don't get decent skill ups after the first day.

Also, I worry that we won't see Saga or Mushuru, since they weren't mentioned. Worth noting that they both come from movies that are otherwise unrepresented by the existing movie content, so it may have actually cost more if they wanted to license those.

mileS

Cool event I suppose. If you told us a month ago we were getting movie characters back it would be hard to believe. Things are looking up! Wish they would be thrown in the rotation instead. Would look forward to this a lot more if I hadn't used 210 gems last Sugo... The Movie shit comes and goes really fast. "Hey we are removing them you have 1 month bye. Hey they are randomly back in 1 week get ready."

Was getting bad luck with Halloween characters so I switched to Count Butler. He is pretty good for Sengoku teams and the books are great. Need Koala and Lao G. Also got Shanks last Sugo so the books are great. His special is just okay, and Shanks as legend? I'm sure he's fine for some speed run content or this or that but I don't think he's worth my last XP meat. Basically means I won't be using him for a long time. All that xp needed... ugh. Maybe I should look more into him.

Hana-Bi

Damn, my sockets for legend Law are going great. I only need two despair sockets to max him and have already 10 books for his last two skill ups. Will farm 5 more and then try to socket legend Ace this weekend.

cw_sasuke

Have been farming Halloween stage nonstop since it went live and only got 2 Rayleigh books so far. Weird...i dont remember the droprate being that bad when we got this FN the first time. Was looking forward to Whitebeard books but now....
seems like the new fn will be tontatta part 1,which means fuji books.

Thats nice- Fuji and Elizabello books + Leo Sockets.

linkent

Next fortnight will be Prisoner Buggy!
Tontatta should be the after this.

Think this is better for Fuji owner, as this fortnight is not really that good, unless you need that Mihawk books(repeat).

More energy to spend on those Movies raid and Colo.

Majukun

Think this is better for Fuji owner, as this fortnight is not really that good, unless you need that Mihawk books(repeat).

the description for the new event talks about the new units we should be looking for and fn leo appears in the list

cw_sasuke

I agree - you are right would have been too much to farm Fuji books and those Movie FN.
Looked up Buggy and i dont really need anything from that FN...so just clear for the stone.

Majukun

Tidd

DID YOU SEE THE NEW LOG KID??? Easily legend tier. And the only 2x ATK booster for strikers so far. Never really knew that strikers didn't have a 2x type booster.
Captain ability: 2.5x ATK and 1.2x HP for strikers, if HP is low 3x ATK
Special: Greatly reduces the HP, boosts strikers ATK by 2x.

Great on it's own. great for Whitebeard teams and also great for Bartolomeo.

Bartolomeo, the striker legend, only gives 2,75x ATK (if you have 6 strikers) and doesn't boost HP. And he only reduces the damage if you don't attack with him.

MiTYH

There's so much news I can't even process it all properly!

Movie FNs back, we knew, but double stamina is great/possibly disastrous if I don't get my 3d2y zoro books. Same with x2 Coliseum units, although I'm not 100% if these are great to have over socketing purposes. And my Ain/Z is already max skill/socket from the last scare we had, so I probably won't run the raid at least. Same with Tesoro, needed him with my SW Shanks, so... it's really just Shiki for me

Plus new upcoming FNs, tons of new stuff. I want some leos, and lots of books.
------
In terms of socketing, I'm doing exactly what I hate, which is running a FN for just ONE unit. Zoro He's doing better. 3d2y Zoro just hit 5 AH, 4 bind, 2 despair, and 5 charge. It's not perfect, but the autoheal is what I wanted most. I'm due to level up later today after 2 more double runs, so that's... 5 runs total, doubled. Chances are good to fill in some of those missing sockets. But it's at the point where if I get other drops, it's nice, but no Zoro is a waste of 60 stamina

3d2y sanji is 5bind, 4 despair, 2 AH, 2 charge. A different kind of less than perfect

TS Brook is 1 bind, 5 despair, 3 AH, 2 charge. Less than less than perfect

------

Focusing on tonight! Anyone see teams yet for Aokiji/Invasion Shanks? I'll be running it kinda hard to get some missing Aokiji skills (need a bunch) and hopefully get my first invasion shanks clear

bjork

After nine nights in a row, I am finally off. I'm going to take a nap and then once I'm done sleeping, I'm hitting that Halloween FN hard, and then I still don't have the Law from the Baby 5 FN, so I'm gonna run that a ton too. I'm super tired and don't even want to move, so playing in bed for a few hours sounds super good.

On the drive home, I maxed out the Garp ship with only 2 fails. Not bad, I guess. Now... who do I use with it?

ExVicis

Alright! 3D2Y Zoro sockets are finished and 3D2Y Robin is mostly done on her sockets. So I'm done with HW FN. I'll leave Robin's sockets to get finished with the other upcoming FN. Now to prepare for the onslaught of content that I'll need to complete coming up. Thank God I really don't have to bother with Mihawk.

commish

As long as I get 5 AH on my units, I don't care much about the rest. I have 3d2y zoro done, robin almost done, and Sanji getting closer. I'm just going to run with natural stamina until it leaves. Need to save gems for... the other 9234 things I need.

EMT0

Banned
Alright! 3D2Y Zoro sockets are finished and 3D2Y Robin is mostly done on her sockets. So I'm done with HW FN. I'll leave Robin's sockets to get finished with the other upcoming FN. Now to prepare for the onslaught of content that I'll need to complete coming up. Thank God I really don't have to bother with Mihawk.

I'm so glad that you mentioned this. This is what I'll do too, as I only need 2 more autoheal sockets for Robin and everybody else is done/as done as I care to get them. I'm sitting on 16 Rayleigh books, 20 PSY Marco, 17 Jozu, and a fuckton of Dorry/Broggy books. I'm almost at 1200 box space, so I've got to start feeding some of my excess stuff. Although the real reason my box is so full is because I'm hoarding QCK boosters like a madman. I've got:

1 Princess
2 Elders
45 Daimyo
38 Evolved Pigs
14 Unevolved Pigs

Why? Because Shiki is going DOWN and I'm not sure what team I'll be using to do it yet. The solution is to hoard all my QCK boosters until I know with 100% certainty what my team will be, then they get fed boosters on boosters on boosters.

MANUELF

Banned
I'm so glad that you mentioned this. This is what I'll do too, as I only need 2 more autoheal sockets for Robin and everybody else is done/as done as I care to get them. I'm sitting on 16 Rayleigh books, 20 PSY Marco, 17 Jozu, and a fuckton of Dorry/Broggy books. I'm almost at 1200 box space, so I've got to start feeding some of my excess stuff. Although the real reason my box is so full is because I'm hoarding QCK boosters like a madman. I've got:

1 Princess
2 Elders
45 Daimyo
38 Evolved Pigs
14 Unevolved Pigs

Why? Because Shiki is going DOWN and I'm not sure what team I'll be using to do it yet. The solution is to hoard all my QCK boosters until I know with 100% certainty what my team will be, then they get fed boosters on boosters on boosters.
You are more than capable yo beat him easily, I can do so with 2x Fujitora, Legend Doflamingo, Caribou, Cavendish and GPU

Now thinking about it Caribou is the star of the show, his 10 hit combo and 2x boosting special are invaluable

Nevermind me then

commish

Shiki beat me up pretty badly last time. I couldn't do much. Now, powered by my TS Luffy team, I will get my revenge!

cw_sasuke

1 Princess
2 Elders
45 Daimyo
38 Evolved Pigs
14 Unevolved Pigs

What the hell....here i am sitting at 2 books and i did nothing but run the stage.
RNG can be brutal in this game.

RedBoot

Fortnight Leo's a pretty solid Sengoku unit, been a while since we got a nice one. I don't need much else in the FN, though I might start hoarding Elizabello books since I finally cleared out my 3D2Y Zoro and SW Franky hoards (why do I only hoard STR books?)

LOL, Gasparde's in Binz's colosseum. I guess that's not an issue since they're both movie characters. Ain and Binz both look decent, and I know Colo Zeph gets used now and then. Gonna be a lot of farming coming up.

What the hell....here i am sitting at 2 books and i did nothing but run the stage.

I had a streak last night where Brook dropped Mr. 9 books four runs in a row and Zoro dropped Bellamy books five runs in a row. Put the phone down for the night after that. :p

I finished 3D2Y Robin and 3D2Y Zoro is at 14/20. I'll probably grab another 10 Zoros and see what I get there, probably call it quits after that. I'd like to run Butler a little before Halloween 1 returns.

EMT0

Banned
You are more than capable yo beat him easily, I can do so with 2x Fujitora, Legend Doflamingo, Caribou, Cavendish and GPU

Now thinking about it Caribou is the star of the show, his 10 hit combo and 2x boosting special are invaluable

Nevermind me then

That's bait yo >.>

I should still be good though lol. I've got Marco, Hancock, Kuzan and Cabbage. A maxed Enel, Leo, Gladius, Kizaru, Sugar. If I can't beat him with some combination of the above I may as well retire from OPTC forever.

I was getting rekt up until two days ago when I started getting books on books on books from Brook. RNG is indeed a fickle mistress.

RedBoot

My current hope for Shiki is to just use my usual Legend Marco team of Double Marco, Enel, Boa, Beast Lucci, and Raid Kizaru, since they're all socketed and nice. I can always swap out for someone else if I need something specific, but I have to think that having maxed Marco, Enel, and Kizaru will allow me plenty of teams.

In fact, I should probably try and get the Ark Maxim before then, I should be able to handle that forest already.

bjork

If I can't get Shiki done, he'll be my new go-to target for socket books and any universal skillbooks we get. I'd like to have a good Driven team.

commish

Totally can't remember my invasion shanks team. If I had such a team. Meh. I think I'll skip him this time.

Hana-Bi

Damn, my sockets for legend Law are going great. I only need two despair sockets to max him and have already 10 books for his last two skill ups. Will farm 5 more and then try to socket legend Ace this weekend.

Ah, I'm too lazy to farm the fn anymore. Didn't get another Law book or despair socket so I'll use my despair tomes on him and try a TS Luffy/Legend Law team out for Invasion Shanks.

Team will be TS Luffy/LLaw/TS Brook/IntVankov/Raid Sabo.

Hopefully I'll hit those perfects since I never really used a Law team before and hopefully I have enough TS Luffy friends for some farming. Might just switch to my Shiryu team if I can't reliably beat Shanks with Law though...

MiTYH

Holy hell, one level up later, 3d2y zoro is... almost done. 5 bind, 5 AH, 5 special, and.... 2 despair. But for now, I think that's as far as he's going to go. I need Aokiji copies more than his few remaining sockets, and they'll always be more zoro copies in the future

Aokiji and Invasion Shanks... gonna be tough but I'll certainly give it a go

EMT0

Banned
I'm gonna be trying this team for Aokiji + Shanks since I need me dem Kuzan sockets. Nice and easy, lots of HP. I'm pretty much gonna roll Aokiji blind, same way I did his forest, just without an Usopp:

5YCQK9v.png

What's been on my mind though, is the upcoming Shiki raid. This is what I'm gonna be running, with credits to this youtuber for posting a clear vid for 9 different teams:

HjRGMML.png

I've also made alternative teams for Cavendish, 6+ Hancock, and of course, Blackbeard if I run out of Marco friends which should hopefully not happen thanks to 2x Stamina. Kuzan seems like a complete pain in the ass to run for this raid but if I break down and do end up using him, this is gonna be it. I doubt I'll use him unless I max out Kuzan's sockets and happen to find a lot of decently socketed Kuzan friends in the nearish future. Kind of wish I'd gone harder on Raid Doffy the last time he came around so that I'd have my AH/Charge Special Doffy nice and ready. Or alternatively, Legend Marco over Doffy since I can get him in ~16 turns with Lv. 1 Charge Special and one usage of Kizaru's Lv. 1 special. And on second thought, I'd have at least Lv. 4 AH assuming the friend Kuzan has no sockets if I used Legend Marco....hmm. He may have just gotten better than I thought.

RedBoot

Got my last socket on SW Ace, just had one AH to go. Since I had a 1/6 chance to get it, I decided to give it six tries. Got it on the fifth. :p This means I only need 4 AH on Zephyr to manage AH level 5 for forest runs, and I do have 2 AH socket books, though ideally I'll get all the sockets running Zephyr.

Glad to be done running Colo Ace for the foreseeable future, though. That stage is a pain. I think my favorite part is wildly different the difficulty is for the third stage depending on which variant you get. The three giants + 2 PSY pirates is way harder due to the HP on the giants (since I'm actually worried about preserving orbs on Sengoku here) compared to the 5 PSY pirates variant. Auto-target even works better on the latter stage.

ExVicis

Another Ambush another day of Shiryu runs.

I should really check or theorycraft if there's an Inthawk or Jinbei Team I have that can do both. Inthawk might be doable now that I have Zoro but Jinbei is tough since I don't have Koala.

Kyou

Only missing two sockets on Legend Zoro, a despair and a cooldown.

Oh neat, two new rankings coming, what books do we get? "Despair and Cooldown" Oh... cool, no more halloween FN for me!

MiTYH

80k beli and 2 cola. Snails weren't kind to me today. Could have used a meat up.... ah well. Can't tackle ambush Shanks and Aokiji together, so I'll just farm natural stamina this time. Too much good stuff coming to waste gems on refills now

Hana-Bi

Oh well, messed my first Ambush run up with my legend Law team. Should have used Apoo instead of TS Brook so that I can use Apoos special on Lucky Roo and don't take too much damage on this stage...

Might just use Shiryu again.

Kyou

I might sit out this ambush round entirely. Don't need Aokiji or Kizaru, and there's Sengoku books grinding I should be doing.

It doesn't seem worth it for the one or two Shanks' I would get off natural stamina. Can't wait for them to eventually become a permanent thing so they aren't always competing with the current events.

Top Bottom