• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

bjork

I should be doing Aokiji but I really want to get TS Brook up to snuff. He just won't drop copies, though. Might try to run a Buggy team and see if I can get 4 copies, but I bet I just get 4 baby turtles or whatever. 3D2Y Zoro is close enough that I can finish with skillbooks later.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I have a team that can easily beat Akoji and Shanks - TSL, TSL, SW Franky, Raid Boa, Leg Sabo and INT Ivan. I know I should farm Shanks while I can but I just don't have the time today. Grr. Wish raids were for 48 hours, or at least started earlier.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I havent cleared a Ambush stage...i wonder why Skull does Shanks drop currently ? The one you need for Whitebeard....or Boa ?

EMT0

Banned
I havent cleared a Ambush stage...i wonder why Skull does Shanks drop currently ? The one you need for Whitebeard....or Boa ?

It drops them both(I think). It's random what you get. I'm in that awkward position where I need 30 more stamina to do another run, but I'm one run off of a levelup. So it looks like I'm taking a few hours of break from more Aokiji runs.

cw_sasuke

Oh alright thanks - thats cool, didnt know you can get every color from a Ambush. I should level up my Nami and give Shanks a try...or even better ill socket her a bit with the upcoming Halloween FN...i remember her being really useful for Shanks Ambush.

Hana-Bi

2 Ambushes out of 7 Aokiji runs so far. Failed my first run though... Really hope we'll get him more often because I don't have much time today...

Majukun

still not gonna attempt at an ambush until i actrually need the units during the clashes..having already maxed both kizaru and aokiji

on the other hand,last bar of stamnina on the halloween fortnight netted me 0 robin :(

bobohoro

Oh hey, actually got Shanks, even messed up my run, but my new meat-filled Shiryu wasn't too bothered by it.
Although the kill came on my last possible turn.

But cheesing with his special takes quite a bit of time on a slow phone, so not gonna bother farming him right now. Don't really have a need for Aokiji either, and I would need loooooots of copies to make him work anyway, so I'll probably just natural stamina my way through and see how many copies that gets me.

RedBoot

0 for 5 on ambushes from Aokiji runs. I got my last socket on Raid Aokiji, so I'm not sure it's really worth dropping gems for the chance of an ambush (which itself only has a small chance of a blue skull).

Shiryu'ing Aokiji is super easy, though. You can stall on the big dude in stage 1 forever.

TheShah

Having the defensive Sunny makes Log Luffy soooo much more consistent at clearing Invasion Shanks. I wanna gem really badly but I have to save them for Shiki and 3D2Y Zoro books.

Is there any chance Invasion Shanks will ever show up after Chaos Colosseums like he was suppose to? Would make farming him so much easier.

ExVicis

0 for 5 on ambushes from Aokiji runs. I got my last socket on Raid Aokiji, so I'm not sure it's really worth dropping gems for the chance of an ambush (which itself only has a small chance of a blue skull).

Shiryu'ing Aokiji is super easy, though. You can stall on the big dude in stage 1 forever.

Yeah I'm sitting on a ton of Aokiji copies because with Shiryu and Marco you're basically guaranteed to have his special up by Boss stage so it's pretty hard to not finish it.

Also having bad luck on the Shanks ambushes too. I've gotten maybe 4 and only two had chests and on both of those runs RNG was severely not on my side.

MiTYH

Yup, hate me some RNG

Can you beat Shanks invasion? Too bad, he won't show!

You can't? Well here he is, 50% of the time. For me at least.

I try everytime just because, but can't beat it

Hana-Bi

Having the defensive Sunny makes Log Luffy soooo much more consistent at clearing Invasion Shanks. I wanna gem really badly but I have to save them for Shiki and 3D2Y Zoro books.

Is there any chance Invasion Shanks will ever show up after Chaos Colosseums like he was suppose to? Would make farming him so much easier.

What's your Log Luffy team for Shanks? Might try it out the next time I'll farm him.

Run Aokiji 25 times today. Shanks showed up 9 times (failed once) but only one chest dropped....

mileS

I have a team that can easily beat Akoji and Shanks - TSL, TSL, SW Franky, Raid Boa, Leg Sabo and INT Ivan. I know I should farm Shanks while I can but I just don't have the time today. Grr. Wish raids were for 48 hours, or at least started earlier.

Right on. While I don't have Legend Sabo I'm sure I could find a sub for him that works here. I'm going to wait until I have a nice stock of gems before I mess around and start farming any invasions tho. I also think 48 hour raids would be a perfect change. Maybe one day JPN will get it and we will 2 years later :p

EMT0

Banned
Kuzan is halfway done with sockets 25 copies later, but I'm running out of Blackbeard friends to clear with. I guess I'll have to shoot for 3/4ths done by the time he leaves. I've also started to run dry on Shanks, I've gone ten dry after getting an invasion every other run in my first fifteen or so attempts.

ExVicis

Woo finally an Ambush after a bunch of runs without him....oh wait no chest.

This is getting demoralizing, I really don't want to have to buy Whitebeard's Red Skull.

Kumo

Woo finally an Ambush after a bunch of runs without him....oh wait no chest.

This is getting demoralizing, I really don't want to have to buy Whitebeard's Red Skull.

Me too, I kinda wish the skull was a Ray Shop exclusive so I have no regrets if I buy it.

EMT0

Banned
My final tally on Kuzan sockets is 5/5/5/1, 1 being Charge Special. Arguably the most important socket on Kuzan ;____;

Ah well. Autoheal + Bind/Despair is also damn good. I'll get that eventually. Not too bad for 9 gems. 8 Shanks in 40 runs doe....this is going to take a while.

Hana-Bi

Found a nice double IntHawk team for Colo Ace which should make SW Ace socket farming quite easy and reliable. Screwed up on Vista (getting him below 50% while tapping for some matching orbs) and I got Ace hp too low for my burst turn but still managed to beat him. :)

MVP is legend Law because his special makes IntHawks special viable for this colo. My other crew members are SW Shanks, Slasherdile and TS Brook. I use TS Brook on Vista and then just get Ace quite low and kill him again with IntHawks specials.

I managed to farm 17 copies of Shanks. It should have been 18 but during the first turn of one of my runs my phone inexplicably opened up my home screen in the middle of my attack. Apart from that, I didn't lose a single run. I wanted to go in hard on farming Shanks this time around because I could use a Sengoku team which let me both no stall kill Aokiji and allowed me to use the Sengoku specials to kill the mobs during the miniboss stages of invasion to make the run incredibly easier.

ExVicis

Found a nice double IntHawk team for Colo Ace which should make SW Ace socket farming quite easy and reliable. Screwed up on Vista (getting him below 50% while tapping for some matching orbs) and I got Ace hp too low for my burst turn but still managed to beat him. :)

MVP is legend Law because his special makes IntHawks special viable for this colo. My other crew members are SW Shanks, Slasherdile and TS Brook. I use TS Brook on Vista and then just get Ace quite low and kill him again with IntHawks specials.
Damn, no way to use them team with a replacement for Legend Law is there?

mileS

I managed to farm 17 copies of Shanks. It should have been 18 but during the first turn of one of my runs my phone inexplicably opened up my home screen in the middle of my attack. Apart from that, I didn't lose a single run. I wanted to go in hard on farming Shanks this time around because I could use a Sengoku team which let me both no stall kill Aokiji and allowed me to use the Sengoku specials to kill the mobs during the miniboss stages of invasion to make the run incredibly easier.

Damn thats crazy. Everything I have for Sengoku team wise is lacking sockets. Curious what your team was and general strat for the invasion.

TheShah

What's your Log Luffy team for Shanks? Might try it out the next time I'll farm him.

Run Aokiji 25 times today. Shanks showed up 9 times (failed once) but only one chest dropped....

Team is double log Luffy, INTvankov, raid doffy, raid boa, and colosseum apoo. Sunny ship lets you tank shanks first hit if ivankov gets silenced. Never failed even with shitty cool down RNG.

Hana-Bi

Team is double log Luffy, INTvankov, raid doffy, raid boa, and colosseum apoo. Sunny ship lets you tank shanks first hit if ivankov gets silenced. Never failed even with shitty cool down RNG.

Nice, do you use any special on Lucky Roo? I assume you use your LL specials on Ben Beckman?

And you burst Shanks down on turn 3? This might be a team I could try the next time he's around. :)

Damn, no way to use them team with a replacement for Legend Law is there?

Sadly no. Shanks special won't help and only Laws special works against Ace 50% damage reduction.

bjork

I wish you could just auto-clear content that repeats. Like, you clear it once and it saves your ghost, then you can just click to clear and gem as needed. Because I have like four Luffys I want to finish socketing.

bjork

Kid Law just will not appear for me. It's so weird. I know the rate is supposed to be higher on higher stamina, but I feel like any time I can't get the rare encounter, they show up on 5 or 10. Gonna run some 10s and see what's what.

Hana-Bi

Ace sockets went great today. Only need three bind and one cd socket to max him. This can take a while now.

The double IntHawk team works great though I messed quite a few runs up...

koryuken

The invasion RNG was complete garbage for me. I wasted 10 gems, did around 45 runs, have 10 Shanks copies. 1 copy per gem, terrible...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
haven't been doing much content the last 7-10 days. ran aokiji twice, didn't get shanks to appear once. Everyone needs a break from gacha every now and then.

mileS

haven't been doing much content the last 7-10 days. ran aokiji twice, didn't get shanks to appear once. Everyone needs a break from gacha every now and then.
For sure. I've had a few recently. Bad sugo's or skill up's can really kill my enjoyment causing me to fall off for a bit.

Maybe its RNG but I find the Count Butler fortnight balanced fairly well drop wise. Even amount of 20 for Koala and Lao G. Sitting at 12 for Shanks. Not bad for natural stam. Wish I could spare the gems for more but I need to save for the raids coming.

Skill up can't come soon enough. I'm going to need to spend at least 5 gems for more space because I'm not going to make it. Fuck yolo feeding. Global rates are soul crushing for that. If we had JPN rates I would yolo feed quite a bit.

ExVicis

So I'm looking at Kizaru and I'm having a real hard time coming up with a team I can do that can take both him down and somehow go on to do Ambush Shanks afterwards. What are the rest of you guys coming up with?

RedBoot

Yeah, having Halloween and Movie content simultaneously is gem-heavy enough (since each are basically once every six months), but here's a new raid boss. Nice to finally have it, though I think the delay plus the fact that we have 5+ Luffy makes NML a bit lackluster now.

Also, on the sugo: it says pull a powered up character, but it doesn't say what that means? Do the 11th pulls have max special or something, like JPN's gotten? Also, I feel like Legend Law gets boosted a lot...hasn't helped me pull him, of course.

Tidd

Nice to finally have it, though I think the delay plus the fact that we have 5+ Luffy makes NML a bit lackluster now.

Yeah the delay of NML is terrible. He was nice back then because he was the only powerhouse delayer. But now there are quite a few like Garp, Maynard and soon Hyouzou and Fukaboshi. Three of them have a better special than just 10 hits + delay. I guess the 10 hits are nice against combo-shields. (yeah I know they are all RR characters but still)

Hana-Bi

Won't run Kizaru today. Really no point in farming with an already maxed raid Kizaru for me. NL is nice but yeah, way too late. Hopefully this means we are getting the other missing content like the Kimono fn (Jimbe sockets).

EMT0

Banned
Won't run Kizaru today. Really no point in farming with an already maxed raid Kizaru for me. NL is nice but yeah, way too late. Hopefully this means we are getting the other missing content like the Kimono fn (Jimbe sockets).

I want to use Jinbe more, but with the number of Legends I have to socket he's low on my list when there are harder to socket Legends like Barto, Whitebeard, Cabbage, etc. Bandai pls. Lemme get him done

RedBoot

NL is nice but yeah, way too late. Hopefully this means we are getting the other missing content like the Kimono fn (Jimbe sockets).

I'd like to see the missing Kimono/Banquet FNs, but I don't know that getting NML would necessarily lead to those.

However, in about 4 weeks or so, once Zephyr Colo is done, we will presumably get Moria/Foxy/Porche colo. Foxy's stage has Kimono Mr. 3 in it, so they'll have to do something about it by then. Though I kind of feel like they'll just add him to the game data for the stage and then never give us the FNs, kind of like how the limited Rebecca and Shirahoshi are in Boa Forest.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

bjork

I want NM Luffy just on principle, but I also like the idea of having regularly farmable guaranteed Luffy sockets.

Gonna try a Mihawk team for Kizaru, I've only run him a handful of times previously. I'd like a reliable team so I can socket both he and Legend Kizaru.

[edit - levels and skill ups aren't there for the team I was using. Tried a BB team and had to gem, then got nuked all to hell by Shanks.

But then I did a Baby 5 FN run and finally got Law, so hooray for filling character log entries]

TheShah

Nice, do you use any special on Lucky Roo? I assume you use your LL specials on Ben Beckman?

And you burst Shanks down on turn 3? This might be a team I could try the next time he's around. :)

No specials on lucky roo and yes on double LL specials for Ben Beckman. Burst on turn 3, just need an orb on boa and 1 Luffy. You can reroll shanks shuffle if you want it or if you have orb sockets it should be no worries.

There's no team I can make that can clear kizaru and shanks though. Only gonna have 6 shanks for 2x skill up. Still salty about going 0/15 on him the last time. Nightmare Luffy is cool I guess.

Majukun

probably gonna use a legend croco team for the first time for this...it seems tailor made for it..an alternative might be a sw shanks team with a low enough hp pool but a high enough autoheal to compensate the 10% cut every 2 turns.

still don't know how much i will actually farm this raid boss,i don't use figher teams or powerhouse teams..that being said a multi hitter it's not bad to have to deal with barriers..but i already have story moria for that.

cw_sasuke

Still waiting on my first WB skillbook drop....lol.

NM Luffy ? They really want people to spend their gems this month.

Top Bottom