• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Just beat YWB for the first time yesterday whilst farming Colo Coby for Fuji use.

Also got a red skull from it!

Really crossing my fingers we're gonna get that "Free early game legend" thing some time soon, as this means I'll be able to get 6+ WB from that for my Akainu team.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
well it's a 300k fixed damage dealer..it might be really useful aganst some reviving bosses,especially if they have a lot of defense when they revive.

also,he is basically an ener captain for driven..and while fuji will be usd most of the times,who knows when you might have some uses for an enel captain..only problem is that it will not be present as much on the friend list probably

Funny that you say that....i just beat ColoKiller again and has to use Sugar - she has been kind of a MvP for me and it just made me realize that having a Driven unit like ColoMoria for these type of situation would be nice. Sugar is good but doesnt benefit from the Captainskills.

Maybe next time....will focus on Killer for now.

bjork

I've only ever seen YWB once, and never Shanks afaik.

But my current white whale is Tamago. He just won't show up. Also related are the appearance of zero books for Cavendish, which is weird because you usually get a ton of books for legends you don't own.

cw_sasuke

Man i keep having the worst meat luck for his event. Another zero for me... Usually I don't care but I had some time today and am actually to clear those Colo stages so 1-ê more double runs would have been cool.

Welp...
I've only ever seen YWB once, and never Shanks afaik.

But my current white whale is Tamago. He just won't show up. Also related are the appearance of zero books for Cavendish, which is weird because you usually get a ton of books for legends you don't own.
This probably means you will pull Cavendish soon... Congrats xD

mileS

What you can to is to have IntHawk as a captain in the next crew captain slot. You can switch your crew to IntHawk, look for IntHawk friends and then change your crew back to DexHawk.

This trick worked perfectly. Thank you! It would suck for people that don't have him though.

Props to cw_sasuke for getting me to go back and try Mihawk neo again. It was a combination of not farming my orbs the right way, and also not being used to using slashers only. I have it down easy now though :D I managed to get him to a 19 turn cd already!

I also tweaked my powerhouse team so I'm able to farm that and slashers everyday now. I'm glad this event gave us all this time. I'm using

Blackbeard x2
3d2y Sanji
Whitebeard
Vista (for easy stage 4)
Zephyr (pretty much worthless here, just using it because he's my only decent PH shooter)

I was having trouble stalling at first with this team. I swapped my ship to the Rocketman (which for some reason I was under the impression the healing didn't work on Blackbeard teams..) Now I have just enough hp to stall for 24-25 turns. Side note* 3d2y Sanji has odd attack timing. That was really throwing me off for the first little bit.

EMT0

Banned
I did a similar thing for Blackbeard except I used him as my Driven captain. I died a few times due to not stalling enough turns before the boss stage :s I used a Lucci team for Powerhouse and a Legend Zoro team for Slashers. Slashers was by far the easiest of them all and really braindead, while Powerhouse was the fastest.

Majukun

today got 26 colo capone and 7 young whiteneard thanks to several stamina refills, which were long overdue since i didn't get one in the last 2 days despite the rate up.

for a moment i thought that the rate for colo capone was better than for colo moria..but after the first 2 times i got whitebeard invading he disappeared

I didn't know YWB was still here for today, I assumed he was gone when when the daily update time hit.

Now I'm in a predicament. 16k exp to go till level up and not a single stamina refill from a snail. Do I gem to refill and waste 120 stamina or give up on the farming? I need you now update.

bjork

Which Coby is the "good" one? The crying one, or the happy one?

(I already know the FN one is good, but I mean of the other two)

Kyou

Only need 3 more skill ups on Moria, he's fully socketed.

Who needs skill up when you get like four meats every single day for three days o__o

Majukun

Which Coby is the "good" one? The crying one, or the happy one?

(I already know the FN one is good, but I mean of the other two)

crying one is amazing fro driven teams that use a fuji,even just a friend one,since it's basiclaly 3 matching orbs AND a "i can't die" buff if you are >50% hp

the RR one is the only unit in the game that can get rid of the "you can't heal anymore" debuff ,which is present in the akainu raid and in law forest

Majukun

I didn't know YWB was still here for today, I assumed he was gone when when the daily update time hit.

Now I'm in a predicament. 16k exp to go till level up and not a single stamina refill from a snail. Do I gem to refill and waste 120 stamina or give up on the farming? I need you now update.

invasion rate is not great on moria and capone..so i'd say pass

mileS

Well those free tomes didn't go the greatest for me.. but I still managed to get 5/5 auto heal on Whitebeard. So that's pretty good. I only plan on using him as sub anyway.

I should really stop slacking and farm my red skull soon. I know I have teams that can take him by now.

bjork

I didn't know we were getting 15 free books. I used them on QCK Doflamingo to save myself some raid headache. Didn't finish him, but any less times I need to run that thing, the better.

MiTYH

Man I wish we had stamina overfloow on levelup today rather than tomorrow. Need to wait about 2 hours to get the stamina to beat Aokiji again, and level up, then start looking for snails. Hopefully this next skillup event is when I finally max him, skill at least

The 15 tomes are neat, not sure who to use them on. Might take another look at some of my zombie forest teams and use them there, I really don't have the legends to use them on.

Also, pulled my 12 legend in JPN today. Game really hates me to reward me so much there and shaft me so much on Global

Also, say what you will about SW Shanks, he still does wonders against Aokiji's raid and is my go-to team.

cw_sasuke

Dont wanna bitch again....but man they really should start adding a 2x stamina run for these Old Raids. I wouldnt....but other people would likely be more willing to stones if they could 2x stuff like Aokiji with current meta teams.

Then again some of those Raid units are still Top Tier so they probably wanna slow down the power creep at least for newer players who start out with Akainu, TS Luffy and co. still.

I forgot I had that holiday Rayleigh. I should've used my books on him. Ah well.

hmm..no other Legend you could use those books for ? I havent looked him up and dont know how good he is...but do you use Holiday Rayleigh often ?

bjork

Dont wanna bitch again....but man they really should start adding a 2x stamina run for these Old Raids. I wouldnt....but other people would likely be more willing to stones if they could 2x stuff like Aokiji with current meta teams.

Then again some of those Raid units are still Top Tier so they probably wanna slow down the power creep at least for newer players who start out with Akainu, TS Luffy and co. still.

hmm..no other Legend you could use those books for ? I havent looked him up and dont know how good he is...but do you use Holiday Rayleigh often ?

2X stamina should just be across the board at this point for everything. It's so handy when you don't have tons of time to play.

As far as the books, I was going to use Holiday Rayleigh a few times in some teams but he has zero sockets. Most of the legends I have who need sockets, either need 1-2 specifics so I don't want to use a random book, or they have farmable sockets. I just caved on QCK Doflamingo because that might be my most hated piece of content in the entire game.

Kyou

Ended up with Moria two away from max and fully socketed, YWB maxed with 4/5/4 on sockets. What a weekend. 2x runs and getting like 4 meats a day is dangerous

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Today I played OPTC seriously or the first time in probably 45-60 days.

Did the Mihawk Kai raids, got 21 copies. Not bad for a first time.

ExVicis

Today I played OPTC seriously or the first time in probably 45-60 days.

Did the Mihawk Kai raids, got 21 copies. Not bad for a first time.
Today's the last day for that isn't it? I've been doing Aokiji all day to try and get that out of the way but Mihawk still needs maybe 10 more copies farmed for the skill-up.

Goddamn the maintenance cutting it short. I hope there's some kind of compensation for it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Today's the last day for that isn't it? I've been doing Aokiji all day to try and get that out of the way but Mihawk still needs maybe 10 more copies farmed for the skill-up.

Goddamn the maintenance cutting it short. I hope there's some kind of compensation for it.

Yeah, looks like it. Ah well.

I love that these RR boosted units aren't actually even helpful in any of the Neo Doffy fights. Well, Doc Q is useful but his starting cd is already low enough to the point that it doesn't matter.

Majukun

there's a slim possibility that we are going to get a sugo before neo Doffy and that the Korean law is the legend attached... other than him, there's only one law that is usable in either version (apart from the fn one we don't have yet) and it's the anniversary law we are getting, but at that point why just not list him instead of a generic 'all laws allowed in the raid?'

So optcGAF, how ready are you all to farm neo doffy?

I think I can clear the fighter one with my TS Luffy team .... beyond that I'm just not gonna bother lmao.

bjork

I'll run each one once, then I'm probably done. No idea if I have the teams or not, I'll just gem through if I don't.

Majukun

I think I can clear the fighter one with my TS Luffy team .... beyond that I'm just not gonna bother lmao.

gonna worry later since it starts a week from now

i should be covered for cerebral since i have a good legend croc team...strikers is a bit shaky and i have yet to figure out a couple things,but i already have a base for the team

fighters,much like zeenigami said in his video,will be a shitshow for any user that doesn't have its own ts luffy..i'll try and see what i can do.

i still wanna max him sicne my most used team is a driven team

gonna worry later since it starts a week from now

i should be covered for cerebral since i have a good legend croc team...strikers is a bit shaky and i have yet to figure out a couple things,but i already have a base for the team

fighters,much like zeenigami said in his video,will be a shitshow for any user that doesn't have its own ts luffy..i'll try and see what i can do.

i still wanna max him sicne my most used team is a driven team

As a Fuji & Inthawk owner I'd love to max him (or at least get him to skill level 18 which is generally what I stall for with those teams anyway);

My cerebral and striker options are ...a disaster though.

I guess in theory for cerebral I could build a sengoku team, but my options there mostly translate to makeshift trash.

Strikers ... not even gonna bother.

MiTYH

Screwed entirely.

Fighter might be fine with a Legend Lucci team, but I lack the -umph- to do the other two, I think. We'll see if any strong F2P teams exist that I can manage. Slashers are my best teams, so I'm a bit sad I can't use them

EDIT: Ran some NeoHawk today. Already missing meat-up, only got 4 runs in for slasher. This is for my second one, so hopefully the 10 copies I've got saved up can bring the second one to useable level, maybe get some AH sockets too

cw_sasuke

As of now i wont bother with Neo Doffy...feels like it will be a frustrating experience and im all about positives vibes right now lol.

ExVicis

Haha oops I was off by a day, TODAY is actually the last day to get Neo-Mihawk. Whew I should be able to get all the copies I need to max him out no problem (barring some type of disaster like my phone exploding).

I need to start reading up on what the prep for Neo-Doffy is though. Everywhere I'm reading that even with TS Luffy there's no way to win and I'm not lucky enough to have Legend Croc. So basically the only hope I have is that regular 6-Star Whitebeard and co. is capable of doing Neo-Doffy.

Kyou

I'm close to a level and have full stamina

Part of me wants to just write off today so I can take full advantage of the update tomorrow

Majukun

I'm close to a level and have full stamina

Part of me wants to just write off today so I can take full advantage of the update tomorrow

iI'm farming story mdoe today for that same reason..or at least partially

i don't need anything from the fortnights and i got the last socket i needed for mihaw...so i'm farming story mode to spend stamina and keep me from level up so that i can use the stamina overflow tomorrow

sadly as of now only got a golden chest from garp and a bag of beli from sengoku

Haha oops I was off by a day, TODAY is actually the last day to get Neo-Mihawk. Whew I should be able to get all the copies I need to max him out no problem (barring some type of disaster like my phone exploding).

I need to start reading up on what the prep for Neo-Doffy is though. Everywhere I'm reading that even with TS Luffy there's no way to win and I'm not lucky enough to have Legend Croc. So basically the only hope I have is that regular 6-Star Whitebeard and co. is capable of doing Neo-Doffy.

It honestly depends on your fighter/free spirit units.

If you own TS Luffy + Koala + Senor Pink at the very least, you stand a fighting chance.

Personally I feel that with

Ts Luffy/Ts Luffy
Koala/Senor Pink
Intvankov/Legend Boa

I must stand at least a bit of a fighting chance with this raid with this team; though I have no idea how you'd do it without koala and pink.

Kyou

iI'm farming story mdoe today for that same reason..or at least partially

i don't need anything from the fortnights and i got the last socket i needed for mihaw...so i'm farming story mode to spend stamina and keep me from level up so that i can use the stamina overflow tomorrow

sadly as of now only got a golden chest from garp and a bag of beli from sengoku
Oh good idea. Maybe I'll run for Garp and just quit if he doesn't drop. I'm only like 10k from a level

ExVicis

It honestly depends on your fighter/free spirit units.

If you own TS Luffy + Koala + Senor Pink at the very least, you stand a fighting chance.

Personally I feel that with

Ts Luffy/Ts Luffy
Koala/Senor Pink
Intvankov/Legend Boa

I must stand at least a bit of a fighting chance with this raid with this team; though I have no idea how you'd do it without koala and pink.

6*+ Boa? I actually could try this team and it might work. Intvankov is to withstand a couple of turns on the actually Doffy stage yeah?

6*+ Boa? I actually could try this team and it might work. Intvankov is to withstand a couple of turns on the actually Doffy stage yeah?

Regular 6* Boa, iirc 6+ is a shooter not a fighter.

Her and Intvankov are mostly just there as there's not a lot of good fighter/free spirit options I have available that'd work better.

If your Sabo is actually skilled up he'd be much better than Boa I think.

Boa ship + Intvankov + legend Boa just give me a ton of survivability after I try to burst as hard as possible to get 1 doffy killed.

ExVicis

Regular 6* Boa, iirc 6+ is a shooter not a fighter.

Her and Intvankov are mostly just there as there's not a lot of good fighter/free spirit options I have available that'd work better.

If your Sabo is actually skilled up he'd be much better than Boa I think.

Boa ship + Intvankov + legend Boa just give me a ton of survivability after I try to burst as hard as possible to get 1 doffy killed.
Oh right she's a shooter in 6*+. Ugh I would have to devolve her.

Also that's a good joke about Sabo. Someday he's going to get another skill up. Some far off magical day...

Well, maybe I can find something with what I do have. Maybe I can work something around with Intvankov or maybe I can use Shu to survive. Still don't think I can do Doffy with what I got but maybe it's worth trying.

RedBoot

Not a lot for me to run today outside of the usual seahorse restock. I have both Pekoms and Tamago at max skill, and it's probably not really worth it to run just for their last 1-3 sockets.

I still need more Story Hannybal books, but those things have been nearly as rare as Cabbage books for some stupid reason.

there's a slim possibility that we are going to get a sugo before neo Doffy and that the Korean law is the legend attached... other than him, there's only one law that is usable in either version (apart from the fn one we don't have yet) and it's the anniversary law we are getting, but at that point why just not list him instead of a generic 'all laws allowed in the raid?'

Maybe we'll get a "Beat Doffy" themed sugo that introduces both that Law and G4? AKA the "Pull here if you want a realistic shot at Neo Doffy" Sugo. It would certainly match the usual process for Global if G4 was our first PSY Skull super evo instead of Sabo.

Kyou

I might just have to do 40 stamina for Doffy. I don't think I have the units to beat him and I don't know that I have any time to remedy that.

ExVicis

Not a lot for me to run today outside of the usual seahorse restock. I have both Pekoms and Tamago at max skill, and it's probably not really worth it to run just for their last 1-3 sockets.

I still need more Story Hannybal books, but those things have been nearly as rare as Cabbage books for some stupid reason.

Maybe we'll get a "Beat Doffy" themed sugo that introduces both that Law and G4? AKA the "Pull here if you want a realistic shot at Neo Doffy" Sugo. It would certainly match the usual process for Global if G4 was our first PSY Skull super evo instead of Sabo.

I thought G4 Luffy evolved with materials that weren't the skull?

Majukun

ended up getting story sengoku (which is unbelievably shitty compred to the other marineford units) but not garp :(

I thought G4 Luffy evolved with materials that weren't the skull?

from what i remember,it needs both a psy skull and a qck one..but in the database they are not listed

cw_sasuke

I havent really farmed the Pekom FN before so thats all what i did today to get at leat a couple Vergo books.

RedBoot

from what i remember,it needs both a psy skull and a qck one..but in the database they are not listed

Yeah, that's what it is, if I'm remembering correctly.

Granted, you could pull him as G4 in that sugo (especially since it was guaranteed on the 6th multi) so ideally you could avoid that altogether.

cw_sasuke

Oh yeah forgot that we are getting new FN tomorrow....will non stop farm that one until i have enough Tashigo books (well except of when Colo stages are up).

RedBoot

Oh yeah forgot that we are getting new FN tomorrow....will non stop farm that one until i have enough Tashigo books (well except of when Colo stages are up).

I'll be hoarding those and hoping for skill book stacking to come to Global sooner rather than later. :/

It's actually going to be a good month for Tashigi, since the next FN offers sockets for her. Still wish we had a Colo Tashigi, though. Feels overdue for her since a lot of the other marines (Smoker, Hina, Coby, Helmeppo) have colos.

Another Facebook event on the 8th. We're totally getting that free legend like the LINE version got in their recent event right???

I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE, WHITEBEARD!

::sobs::

Top Bottom