• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

ExVicis

Another Facebook event on the 8th. We're totally getting that free legend like the LINE version got in their recent event right???

I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE, WHITEBEARD!

::sobs::

Forget Whitebeard, I NEED THAT SABO!

Also man does OPTC downtime really show me how much at night I play this game.

Shitty seafood Sanji as my free pull. Off to a great start.

Also, in the "Important" section they completely removed the Tabasco Star Usopp evolution from the the game. The only way to get him now is through RR, not that you'd want to. GPU is the one true evolution now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Global version redeemed - feels good. Now it has pretty much everything i was loving about the JPN version when i played it for like a week.

Free pull - Gold, Koola dupe
Got 1+2 reward socket from the 1 stamina stage. Based Legend Buggy Friend.

cw_sasuke

I only cleared it one in Japan and never bothered again with it...but is the new Training Ace stage a reliable/good way to farm Sockets for him ?

And also - right now is a great time to start the game. Chopper missions make the initial part of the game so much smoother.

Edit:

Oh i just did get 3x Ace copies with a single double stamina run with a Double Haruta team. I thought Harutas extra reward skill didnt work on 2x stamina runs ?

Oh i just did get 3x Ace copies with a single double stamina run with a Double Haruta team. I thought Harutas extra reward skill didnt work on 2x stamina runs ?

The Haruta drop isn't doubled so it's technically better to do single drop runs for a chance of bonus drops each run.

cw_sasuke

The Haruta drop isn't doubled so it's technically better to do single drop runs for a chance of bonus drops each run.

Oh wow i never knew dad...always thought it meant the ability just wont work at all. Hmm i probably will use him on double stamina runs that Haruta can clear from now on.

Majukun

hmm do I want the luffy se paint ship?

I am reaching max cola so I would like something to spend that on.. but it's 7500 rayleigh points... :/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
probably a stupid question but can you save that free pull for sugo?

Oh wow i never knew dad...always thought it meant the ability just wont work at all. Hmm i probably will use him on double stamina runs that Haruta can clear from now on.

No son of mine would run 2x drop with Haruta as captain instead of doing single runs.

I am reaching max cola so I would like something to spend that on.. but it's 7500 rayleigh points... :/

The coated Sunny kinda eats the Luffy-Go's lunch. Even if it is a Barto ship, Barto teams need it the least. Whitebeard teams won't really be able to make use of it since you'll likely be under 10k health when fighting a boss. I could see a case for it eventually for Nekomamushi teams and possibly the new 6* Law teams but if you're strapped for Rayleigh points I wouldn't bother.

Not worth it, I think the next legit great ship from the ray shop is probably the flying dutchman:

1.5x ATK & PEXP Reduces all enemies' DEF by 25% for 1 turn. [16]

1.5x player exp without any hit to ATK makes it one of the best default ships in the game imho. Goes great with that new law too.

Majukun

thanks for the info...

what team are you guys using for the new fortnight? i was gonna use

diamante x2
radi doflamingo
colo moria
"striker" zoro
shiki

but i have 0 diamante in my friend list..and i don't know if it's because everyone is doing the rookie missions or because there are easier teams

thanks for the info...

what team are you guys using for the new fortnight? i was gonna use

diamante x2
radi doflamingo
colo moria
"striker" zoro
shiki

but i have 0 diamante in my friend list..and i don't know if it's because everyone is doing the rookie missions or because there are easier teams

I'm using

fuji/Fuji
Doffy/Ceaesar
5+zoro/hannyabal

only "planned" unit is 5+ zoro for the CD reduction; I like the fact that this team is pretty dex-heavy and all that.

I can put Diamante in a friend slot if you want him up though.

cw_sasuke

I used my Haruta team and standard Sengoku ...will keep using Sengoku since its a bit faster.

1.5x player exp without any hit to ATK makes it one of the best default ships in the game imho. Goes great with that new law too.

Damn thats a nice ship...does the exp bonus stack with Captain skill boni ala Free Law/Neptune ?

MiTYH

Free pull: V1 Nami, aka free socket.

I do love getting the secret character while on lower difficulties for the gem, so that's nice. I'm going to need to run this FN a bunch, for Tashigi and Lucci books. So far after all the initials +two 30 staminas, 1 Tashigi and no Lucci. The grind begins...

I'll hold off on the special Chopper missions until I'm bored/need free gems and units. Nice to have the overflow feature finally.

Current FN team is my standard slasher:
IntHawk/IntHawk
RaidDoffy/3D2Y Zoro
SW Shanks/Slasherdile

Not perfect since I can't use IntHawk's special, but I make do. Stall a little for some specials, KO without much issue. Might swap Shanks for a DEX beatstick though, he's really not useful here.

EDIT: Swapped out Shanks/Croc for Law and Blenheim. Can't use Blenheim's special to match with Law (cooldown too high) but his crew ability has STR orbs matching for all, so it's a nice feature if I don't get enough DEX from Law's special, I can use Zoro's

I used my Haruta team and standard Sengoku ...will keep using Sengoku since its a bit faster.

Damn thats a nice ship...does the exp bonus stack with Captain skill boni ala Free Law/Neptune ?

As far as I know it stacks yeah, so LawxNeptunexFD ship gives ridiculous exp.

After I get my hands on Wild Sanji for my akainu team I'll probably store up all my ray points specifically for that ship.

bjork

It's beautiful

84XhDij.jpg

Double Buggy double stamina, but I expect this to be very much a fluke run. I'd love to finish DEX Ace's sockets, though.

EMT0

Banned
It's beautiful

84XhDij.jpg

Double Buggy double stamina, but I expect this to be very much a fluke run. I'd love to finish DEX Ace's sockets, though.

That was my plan, but my drops have been garbage. I'm 0 for 4 atm :( I also got RR Suleiman from my free pull which sadly, is a dupe.
EDIT: I keep getting money bags from the Ace stage FML ;_____;

bjork

That was my plan, but my drops have been garbage. I'm 0 for 4 atm :( I also got RR Suleiman from my free pull which sadly, is a dupe.
EDIT: I keep getting money bags from the Ace stage FML ;_____;

I only ran one more time today, but I got a fodder and cola. I'm gonna keep trying, though.

Also, my free pull was Genzo so it could be worse?

I need to decide who to use these almighty manuals on. I was thinking Shiryu, but I might sit on them for a bit.

EMT0

Banned
I only ran one more time today, but I got a fodder and cola. I'm gonna keep trying, though.

Also, my free pull was Genzo so it could be worse?

I need to decide who to use these almighty manuals on. I was thinking Shiryu, but I might sit on them for a bit.

Holding on to those books is a good idea. A popular Reddit (conspiracy) theory is that we'll be getting Gear 4th either this week or the next in order to help Global clear Doflamingo Kai. It's probably not going to be this week though, or it'd have likely been announced by now...Emphasis on the conspiracy part though.

MiTYH

Holding on to those books is a good idea. A popular Reddit (conspiracy) theory is that we'll be getting Gear 4th either this week or the next in order to help Global clear Doflamingo Kai. It's probably not going to be this week though, or it'd have likely been announced by now...Emphasis on the conspiracy part though.

Yeah, no, there's NO way we'll get G4 this soon. That's a 3rd anniversary thing for sure, with the guarenteed step up. If anything we'll get a filler sugo, or maybe the new Law that Line version got a little while back

cw_sasuke

Man G4 this month would be crazy...i just hope they dont release VS Sanji - he is so frgging good...would probably drop everything i had for him, so i rather they wait a bit with his Global release.

PS. Finishing the final story Island today...forgot about that one.
As far as I know it stacks yeah, so LawxNeptunexFD ship gives ridiculous exp.

After I get my hands on Wild Sanji for my akainu team I'll probably store up all my ray points specifically for that ship.

Sounds great - def. saving for that ship and Sanji as well.

mileS

I can't see us getting G4 this early. Who knows tho. Global is random.

I had a good feeling about my free pull today. Got the new STR Chopper (TS). I hate new units that come with a 25 turn cd but I'll be damned his sailor ability is awesome (If Chopper has a STR orb and you hit a Perfect with him, keep his STR orb for the next turn)

Speaking of Chopper. These missions seem like such a great addition to the game. Very happy we ended up getting them this soon.

As far as this Ace island... the drop rate seems alllll over the place. Thankfully its only 20stam to run 2x . Using whatever I get to socket the INT Ace we got recently. Not having good luck thus far. Having to socket 2 slot characters sucks.

How is this Franky fortnight for farming sockets? My SW Franky needs sockets badly. Seeing as how the Ace island is here for 12days and Franky's is only here for 6, I may prioritize this if its not bad.

RedBoot

I've been saving up gems for the eventual G4, Line Law, or Sanji sugos, so it'd be a bit early to see any of those already. I wanted ~300 gems in case of multipull bonuses. That being said, the beginner missions are a bit of a windfall of gems, so that helps.

Just blazing through the beginner missions for now. There's a number of them that require you to evolve something, so save pigs for those (or evolve STR Ace or Toy Soldier with all the turtle gifts you'll get). Using XP Law is also a good idea, particularly on the Chopperman bonus quests.

There's some cool gifts in here, like copies of evolved Alvida and Gin, would be very useful for a new player (not to mention XP Law and STR Ace). I know there were Chopperman missions that granted stuff like Story Akainu in JPN, not sure if ours go that far yet. Also nice that Beginner Island effectively makes a whole chunk of characters permanently socket-farmable.

How is this Franky fortnight for farming sockets? My SW Franky needs sockets badly. Seeing as how the Ace island is here for 12days and Franky's is only here for 6, I may prioritize this if its not bad.

Same as most FNs, something like 40%. Colo Franky's a better bet, but there's no telling when we'll see that again. It's worth doing if you've got nothing else to spend the stamina on (though there's quite a lot on offer right now).

Everything on Beginner Island should be here permanently, the 12 days thing is just the boosted Pirate XP. The Ace island did stay around in JPN, right?

Kyou

If they really are going to do G4 and Law as a "Beat Doflamingo" sugofest I'm not sure I like that. The whole "hope you've got the new hotness or you're fuuuuucked" style of releasing characters rubs me the wrong way

EMT0

Banned
Yeah, no, there's NO way we'll get G4 this soon. That's a 3rd anniversary thing for sure, with the guarenteed step up. If anything we'll get a filler sugo, or maybe the new Law that Line version got a little while back

I wouldn't be so sure. It'd take an eternity for us to get G4 compared to Japan if they were to do that. They've already given us the 3 Year Anniversary Law. They've given us Doflamingo Kai, the big new thing for the 3 Year Anniversary in JP. And we also get things out of order pretty frequently due to Bandai being willing to bend the release schedule for big events. See: TS Luffy's release on Global. I'd counter your statement and say that there's no way we're getting G4 on the 3 Year Anniversary, because Bandai would be delaying Gear 4th for over 6 months relative to when Japan got it. The same thing also applies to Legend Sanji. I think Bandai will simply do what they've been doing for Global on major events and improvise their own events.

Japan's 2 Year Anniversary:
Part 1 Part 2

Global's 2 Year Anniversary:
Part 1(Youtube) Part 2

Japan had completely different content to run, QOL updates, Sugofests, etc. compared to Global's, partly because most content is stunted at different rates from others, such as our only being a few batches behind JP most of the time but 4-6 raids behind, a year behind in the Coliseum, but only 1-2 months behind in the story. They turned the Rescue Ace event into our (botched) Part 1 of the Anniversary and Part 2...let's not talk about Part 2's CoC. Meanwhile Japan had a long Clash of Clashes with Raid Sabo as the centerpiece, the Ace socket book island, and permanent skillup increases. Japan's 2 Year Anniversary Legend was PSY Law, while ours was TS Luffy. At our current rate of release, I'd instead bet that we'll be getting a Legend that hasn't dropped in JP yet for the 3 Year Anniversary on Global. Or they may even hold out on the new Legend Law until the 3 Year Anniversary; that seems more likely to me.

EDIT: 6 months ago, JP got the Hody batch as we got our 2 Year Anniversary. Maybe we'll get the Nekomamushi/Magellan batch for ours if it takes us ~6 months to get to the same batches JP got?

RedBoot

There's no way they'll wait til 3rd Anni for G4 on Global, agreed. We may not get it here but it'll be before that.

Also: there's a lot of cola rewards in the Chopperman missions, so be sure you have a cola sink ready. I may have to clear a forest today. I mean, I could keep trying for level 10 of the Big Top, but it gets kind of old after failure #124 or so.

MiTYH

I wouldn't be so sure. It'd take an eternity for us to get G4 compared to Japan if they were to do that. They've already given us the 3 Year Anniversary Law. They've given us Doflamingo Kai, the big new thing for the 3 Year Anniversary in JP. And we also get things out of order pretty frequently due to Bandai being willing to bend the release schedule for big events. See: TS Luffy's release on Global. I'd counter your statement and say that there's no way we're getting G4 on the 3 Year Anniversary, because Bandai would be delaying Gear 4th for over 6 months relative to when Japan got it. The same thing also applies to Legend Sanji. I think Bandai will simply do what they've been doing for Global on major events and improvise their own events.

Japan's 2 Year Anniversary:
Part 1 Part 2

Global's 2 Year Anniversary:
Part 1(Youtube) Part 2

Japan had completely different content to run, QOL updates, Sugofests, etc. compared to Global's, partly because most content is stunted at different rates from others, such as our only being a few batches behind JP most of the time but 4-6 raids behind, a year behind in the Coliseum, but only 1-2 months behind in the story. They turned the Rescue Ace event into our (botched) Part 1 of the Anniversary and Part 2...let's not talk about Part 2's CoC. Meanwhile Japan had a long Clash of Clashes with Raid Sabo as the centerpiece, the Ace socket book island, and permanent skillup increases. Japan's 2 Year Anniversary Legend was PSY Law, while ours was TS Luffy. At our current rate of release, I'd instead bet that we'll be getting a Legend that hasn't dropped in JP yet for the 3 Year Anniversary on Global. Or they may even hold out on the new Legend Law until the 3 Year Anniversary; that seems more likely to me.

EDIT: 6 months ago, JP got the Hody batch as we got our 2 Year Anniversary. Maybe we'll get the Nekomamushi/Magellan batch for ours if it takes us ~6 months to get to the same batches JP got?

Hm, you make some good arguments. They're definitely trying to catch us up, and while it seems impossibly for the coliseum/FNs, the rest of the content might be coming closer together. Guess we'll see....

---------------

Got tired of seeing 999 cola, decided to find an easy ship to get since I need... a lot of them still. Found a RIDICULOUSLY easy video guide to follow for Jimbe's ship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5oAcSqQL5s&t so shout out to that user.

154 cola later, the Sun Pirate's ship is mine and maxed! I'll be back up to 999 cola in a week I bet...

Still, feels nice to have a new ship. Fighter is going to be good to use with Legend Lucci and the upcoming NeoDoffy raid, I hope

bobohoro

Update is nice. Chopperman is great for everyone, really and there is some good QoL stuff in there as well.

Will be farming Toy solider all weeks. Lucci&Tashigi books, sockets for Kyros, fully leveled pigs and some V1 Franky books on top is pretty nice. Shame about no double stamina.
Or my lack of maxed Sabo to run double Haruta. Oh Well.
Mostly running double 5+ Zoro teams, or LegZoro FC is working as well. Pretty much just running through it, using 5+ Zoro special somewhere during the stage and bursting on boss with Kyros/Doffy.

And free pull was base V1 Chopper. Yay.

RedBoot

Yup, I knew it'd be rough to go back to no 2x stamina. We'll probably hit that with the next colo batch too.

Luckily, I'm getting Soldier to drop fairly often on his mid-stage appearance, at least compared to Pekoms, so I'm still getting a few 2 copy runs in there.

mileS

Toy Soldier seems like a decent unit. 1300 atk. A Striker/Shooter. Being able to take 2 slashers or fighters for Blackbeard teams is huge.

RedBoot

Got tired of seeing 999 cola, decided to find an easy ship to get since I need... a lot of them still. Found a RIDICULOUSLY easy video guide to follow for Jimbe's ship: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5oAcSqQL5s&t so shout out to that user.

154 cola later, the Sun Pirate's ship is mine and maxed! I'll be back up to 999 cola in a week I bet...

Still, feels nice to have a new ship. Fighter is going to be good to use with Legend Lucci and the upcoming NeoDoffy raid, I hope

Thanks, this was pretty easy to follow. I adjusted the team a bit (NeoHawk and SW Usopp for Mihawk and GPU), though I don't think it matters much since your regular attack damage is rarely an issue.

Took me 240 cola to max the ship though, leveled on every try until the final level, which I failed ten (!) times in a row until finally finishing. I did say I wanted a cola sink, after all...

Toy Soldier seems like a decent unit. 1300 atk. A Striker/Shooter. Being able to take 2 slashers or fighters for Blackbeard teams is huge.

Yeah, he's pretty all around solid, outside of slightly low HP. Good Sengoku unit due to his stats and 4 sockets. Main criticism is that he's generally going to just be a stat/socket stick since his special is fairly conditional, but that's good enough for Sengoku and BB teams.

chrono01

With the Chopperman update, I might get back into this a bit. I've mainly been logging in daily for gems and such, so it'll be nice to be a bit more frequent.

I'm kind of mad I missed the purchase of the Rocketman ship from the Bazaar, though. I had enough but for some reason or another never purchased it. Realized it a while back after I saw the items changed, so I'm still kicking myself over that one.

EMT0

Banned
I've been trying all afternoon to clear the Red Hair Forest with a Blackbeard team but no dice. I keep getting my ass kicked on Stage 19 because my specials aren't ready and I'm unable to stall like in the youtube guides despite Lv. 5 AH. Feels bad man, will try again another day.

Kyou

Day 1: 4* SW Robin (technically new)
Day 2: 3* Iceberg (technically new)

This is the best(?) free pulls yet

cw_sasuke

Day 1: 4* SW Robin (technically new)
Day 2: 3* Iceberg (technically new)

This is the best(?) free pulls yet

My daily was Iceberg as well..lol, dupe aka Rayleight Points.
With the Chopperman update, I might get back into this a bit. I've mainly been logging in daily for gems and such, so it'll be nice to be a bit more frequent.

I'm kind of mad I missed the purchase of the Rocketman ship from the Bazaar, though. I had enough but for some reason or another never purchased it. Realized it a while back after I saw the items changed, so I'm still kicking myself over that one.

Def. a good time to start playing again...Chopperman missions are great.
Rocketman should be coming back in a few months anyway so i wouldnt feel too bad about it.

chrono01

Def. a good time to start playing again...Chopperman missions are great.
Rocketman should be coming back in a few months anyway so i wouldnt feel too bad about it.
Yeah, had to take a break for a bit, all of the farming got to me. I'm liking a lot of the QoL changes since I last played seriously, so things should (hopefully) go better this time.

And yes, let's hope Rocketman returns soon, I need to spend my cola somewhere.

RedBoot

Add another to the Iceburg pile. I think I'm at like seven silvers in a row on free pulls. :p

Later on in the Chopperman missions you get a lot of "Clear five Special Quests," which is basically anything on Extra Island (except colos). I kept running the Ace Island since it's one of the cheaper missions at 10 stamina. After something like 25 runs, I have 17 Ace copies. His drop rate seems lower than a FN boss, but since he has 3 chances to drop, that helps it a bit. It's also a great quest for Baccarat/Haruta/Buggy since there aren't many drops so Ace has a solid chance of being duped.

Luck is still a factor so I don't know if I want to call it "better" than Colo Ace (plus you get CCs/socket books in the colo), but since it's always here it's a nice alternative. Plenty of red evolvers and turtles/pigs as well.

Top Bottom