• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Majukun

Close.
But the sentiment is the same.

Oh yeah, Colo Moriah or Killer?

colo killer if you need really good orb manipultion for strikers and slashers

colo moria if you need a lot of fixed damage against enemies that revive with lots of defense but low hp

ah and he also is basically an ener captain for driven if you are interested

bobohoro

Thanks, will try for Moria.
But looking at it closer, I don't think I have a team for either of them.
Oh well, let's just Shiryu my way through rounds 1 to 4 first.

MiTYH

Hooooooly crap.

So I wanted to get at least 1 copy of Colo Killer, but lack all the teams to do it (Sabo is stuck at 29 turns). But I found Zenegami's guide on youtube for this team:

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,865:99,15:50,1047:99C7,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

It... is not safe. You need to have strong AH (mine was level 3, not 5) and maybe even damage reduction to truly stall. I had to use a combo of GPU, Alvida, and pure luck on meat orbs to get through Killer's attacks and stalling appropriately. BUT! I got through it. Thank GOD Killer's natural cooldown is 18, that actually makes him useable. I want sockets, but... I don't know if I can risk/waste the time through another one of those. It really was bad.

Moria seems even worse for my teams. I just don't have the legend units for it, and the raid units are too high in the cooldown skill.

RedBoot

One thing I will say for Colo Killer is that he combos amazingly with Colo Hawkins for Striker team orb control. Ever since I pulled WB, I've been running teams with them, Aokiji, and whoever else fits as the sixth (usually Chinjao).

He also works well for Slasher teams, of course. Just a solid all-around unit.

Gonna get to 40 Paulies today then move on to farming Moria. Hopefully I can get enough of him in the remaining days of this colo rotation without spending too many gems. I already know I'll have to drop a handful of gems on Neo Doffy.

Kind of wanted to farm Colo Capone just for the sake of having another INT Shooter on hand, but I don't think I want to spend for that right now.

Kyou

So I've been doing some experiments on Moria since last time. Since I've had a 100% success I figured I'd bring it up.

I was using Shiryu for Moria last time because of Whitebeard. I'd get to Moria with one Shiryu up after Oars. My team was tanky so I'd just try and reset until I got Moria then kill the mobs. Anyway to cut this short, I eventually noticed that if Shiryu missed Moria but killed even a single zombie, I could reset and kill the zombies with TS Zoro's special and use Shiryu again and for whatever reason it would kill him 100‰ of the time. In essence I was getting six chances to kill Moria every round.

The only thing I could come up with is that it has to do with how it decides who Shiryu kills, which is decided at the start of the turn. It must resolve hits before misses so when Moria is the only target the zombie hits are pushed onto him.

Edit: this seems to me to greatly increase the chance of shiryu being successful against bosses with mobs as long as you can kill all the mobs with specials before using a Shiryu. If I had both Shiryus up against a boss with five mobs and kill them, that's 12 chances being pushed onto the remaining enemy

EMT0

Banned
I've gotten so many belli bags while farming Ace sockets *sob*. But I'm almost done. Just 4 more sockets to go...

7E720g.gif

bobohoro

So I got myself a Killer team:

hKBONsA.png

Pretty much just stalling without taking a hit and consuming some meat, whittling down QCK Kid until Smoker is ready and burst, take the health cut of Killer and heal with Marco, use Fuji, attack until Killer is down, use Kid.

Not the fastest (but alternatives are Corazon or 3D2Y Sanji, so not too bad) but really safe.

Not sure I can do Moria. I mean, I could Shiryu him, but that seems like a pain. I lack health cutters, namely WB, to run a Lucci team. Also no Sugar. Oh well, will farm Killer for now and think it over once more if I can get him done.

Kyou

Stupid wrong bullshit

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned this because despite being careful and waiting and trying over and over without fail as soon as I say something it is miss city, population: me

edit: Day 3: 3* V1 MFing Sanji, definitely not a technically new

also looks like BN agrees we aren't ready for Doflamingo. Legend Law appears to be coming and also they're doing the same thing they did with Mihawk instead of Chopper missions except encompassing many different levels besides Neo Doffy. Really cool stuff!

ExVicis

I've gotten so many belli bags while farming Ace sockets *sob*. But I'm almost done. Just 4 more sockets to go...

7E720g.gif
All the belli bags I've been getting for the past few days were from the snails. I wanna say 8 of the snails I've clicked on were belli bags...

RedBoot

Free pull was...Tsuru! Something actually decent that I don't have! It's magic! Nice to know I can socket her whenever thanks to the Beginner Island.

also looks like BN agrees we aren't ready for Doflamingo. Legend Law appears to be coming and also they're doing the same thing they did with Mihawk instead of Chopper missions except encompassing many different levels besides Neo Doffy. Really cool stuff!

Yeah, curious to see how that event works. For a second I thought they were doing the thing from JPN where the top # players would get a reward, but it does sound more like a cooperative total like the Mihawk event. At any rate, it probably means free gems and other goodies, so that's okay with me.

Also, JPN is getting Sabo Kai, he's PSY this time. Not quite sure how I feel about that one, Sabo is great but unless someone finds a solid synergy for him, I'm not sure if the re-typing really does much for him. Raid Sabo's skill is kind of type-independent.

Ayyye, I pulled Zeo. Probably the best I could have hoped for and he's new!

The art for the Full Assault banner isn't the same as the evolved or unevolved 6* Korean Law but they are wearing the same outfit with the black feathered collar jacket. It looks like the same artist they used that did the banner for the Dokkan x OPTC event back when that happened. That being said, I don't see why they would throw Law in the banner if they weren't going to do something with him.

The new 6* Law kinda irks me in general. They took 6* Doffy and improved him in almost every way: a potential 1500HP heal per turn with just one Law captain if you hit all perfects, an unconditional 3x boost, and throw in the highest orb boost in the game on top of that at 2.25x. The only thing Doffy has that Law doesn't is orb control but that's not as great an issue with units like Kanjuro, colo Hawkins, colo Killer, Shirahoshi, 3D2Y Nami, and a bunch of self orb controllers.

Ayyye, I pulled Zeo. Probably the best I could have hoped for and he's new!

The art for the Full Assault banner isn't the same as the evolved or unevolved 6* Korean Law but they are wearing the same outfit with the black feathered collar jacket. It looks like the same artist they used that did the banner for the Dokkan x OPTC event back when that happened. That being said, I don't see why they would throw Law in the banner if they weren't going to do something with him.

The new 6* Law kinda irks me in general. They took 6* Doffy and improved him in almost every way: a potential 1500HP heal per turn with just one Law captain if you hit all perfects, an unconditional 3x boost, and throw in the highest orb boost in the game on top of that at 2.25x. The only thing Doffy has that Law doesn't is orb control but that's not as great an issue with units like Kanjuro, colo Hawkins, colo Killer, Shirahoshi, 3D2Y Nami, and a bunch of self orb controllers.

Grats on the Zeo, that's probably one of the best free pull units I could wish for myself; you've got it made.

That 6* Law is kinda boring and strong but after pulling Akainu I've kinda just accepted the powercreepy legends lmao. As long as a legend has badass looking artwork I'll be fine with just about everything.

MiTYH

Day1: V1 nami
Day 2: Hitori combo
Day 3: Usopp kids

A gentle reminder to NEVER pull outside of a sugo. In fact, outside of an all-gold sugo

Every time I think I'm done with Enel's raid, I'm never really done. I'm only two levels away from max, but even then, my sockets are 4 bind, 4 ah, and 5.... slot rate. I never wanted slot rate, I just never got anything better. Sigh, back into the raid I go

EDIT: Oh hey, stamina refill from a snail. That's a nice bonus

bjork

My pull today was Hotori/Kotori. Ah well.

Finally have a team that can farm Enel without a lot of trouble, it's a Dex BB team. All I need is a FC with a low enough cooldown and we're good to go. Wish it was 2X Stamina today.

ExVicis

Man I'm so thankful for getting that free Law.

Thanks to having his special my TS Luffy is clearing out Enel with absolutely no problems. Doing all natural Stam though because it looks like Legend Law is coming soon. Hopefully it's a decent Sugo.

mileS

Man I'm so thankful for getting that free Law.

Thanks to having his special my TS Luffy is clearing out Enel with absolutely no problems. Doing all natural Stam though because it looks like Legend Law is coming soon. Hopefully it's a decent Sugo.

Keep working on subs for TS Luffy and you'll be set. Get used to the absolutely no problems part :D I haven't tried him against Enel yet myself. My Enel is max lvl/rcv cc but still skill lvl 1.. Just haven't had the need for him tbh. At this point I could see myself doing sockets on story Enel first. For now I'm going to save my gems. Ivankov is coming soon. I'll put at least 5-10 gems in that for INT sockets.

My INT Ace is done with sockets already! I didn't expect that this early. 5/5 Auto heal and 5/5 damage reduction. I figure I needed more subs with damage reduction sockets. I'm usually 5 off from hitting max with most teams with TS Luffy. Ace will get a decent amount of use from me until I finally get TS Brook.

20th Anniversary Event Part 2

Chopper Man's Request that rewards Swimsuit Tashigi.

JPN wins again

bobohoro

Day 3 Free Pulls: Ikaros

Well fuck this ga....oh wait, what?
That's pretty awesome.

An upgrade to Dalmatian for my PH team and just maybe I'll be able to work out a striker time against Neo Doffy with him. Think that's the first decent pull in the last 3 free pull events for me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Day 3 Free Pulls: Ikaros

Well fuck this ga....oh wait, what?
That's pretty awesome.

An upgrade to Dalmatian for my PH team and just maybe I'll be able to work out a striker time against Neo Doffy with him. Think that's the first decent pull in the last 3 free pull events for me.

Perfect on your Lucci team...grats !!
My pull today was Hotori/Kotori. Ah well.

Finally have a team that can farm Enel without a lot of trouble, it's a Dex BB team. All I need is a FC with a low enough cooldown and we're good to go. Wish it was 2X Stamina today.

I would do Enel was well but im to paranoid about not getting enough Tashigi books before the FN is good....and i wanna feed her some of the books during the next skill up session.

But yeah...my goal is to finish Enel this year LOL.

RedBoot

On QCK Legend Law: I'm not sure we really know what he can do yet since he's only on Line which is missing a lot of important Striker pieces. Once he hits JPN we'll see how much content he can clear. He's strong, obviously, but he's fairly within line with the rest of the post-Akainu legend era, and probably weaker than Cat Viper (though he would be excellent on the cat's crew).

I wouldn't mind Global getting him now other than the fact that it wouldn't really help us any with Neo Doffy. Striker is the most prepared of the three classes right now.

In other news: I kind of feel like an ass whenever Rebecca shows up in this FN. Go ahead, smack around a crying child! :/ Otherwise, I like Soldier's drop rate, and even the books are particularly well-balanced in this one, getting a good mix of everyone. Well, Buffalo is weirdly rare, but I only need a couple levels on him.

JPN wins again

I think the face is way off on the art, but then even Oda hasn't been particularly consistent with how he draws Tashigi. :p

bjork

My drop rate in soldier has been kinda bad

but I got 4 lucci books

but then those books gave 0 skill ups

so idk

MiTYH

RIP me. I'm taking another go to get Doffy's ship (This team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFdP88Lnno) but I swapped duval/sabo's spots. Which means that instead of sabo being paralyzed for 99 turns, it's duval, and you really need his high hit combo to do any real damage. So, currently at turn 77, and just tapping once to move on. But damnit, I'm determined to finally be done with this forest! Last time I died on stage 19, and currently this is 17 so... we'll see how I do.

cw_sasuke

My drop rate in soldier has been kinda bad

but I got 4 lucci books

but then those books gave 0 skill ups

so idk

You are using Legend skillbooks outside of 2x skillup ? You are a brave man bjork xD
His 6*+ version is pretty awesome.

Kyou

Trying to decide who to use my universals on when skillup comes back.

Finish off Sengoku? Last two on Zoro Even though he's totally usable at 18? Start on Blackbeard?

cw_sasuke

Trying to decide who to use my universals on when skillup comes back.

Finish off Sengoku? Last two on Zoro Even though he's totally usable at 18? Start on Blackbeard?

Save them for VS Sanji the best Captain in the game :drool:

bjork

You are using Legend skillbooks outside of 2x skillup ? You are a brave man bjork xD
His 6*+ version is pretty awesome.

I feel like I have a 50/50 rate with books outside of skillups. But I wish I would've fed half and half rather than all at once...

wait, what the hell? When did Sanji get a legend? It's sad to be out of the loop on something I play daily!

cw_sasuke

I feel like I have a 50/50 rate with books outside of skillups. But I wish I would've fed half and half rather than all at once...

wait, what the hell? When did Sanji get a legend? It's sad to be out of the loop on something I play daily!

To be fair i also do that but only if i have like 1-2 skill ups missing and its not a Legend i need asap maxed to clear some content.

Well we havent gotten Sanji yet...but i played with him a bit on JPN when i tried that version. He is so good...between him and Blackbeard...if i ever pull on those im done pulling for like a year.

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1588

EMT0

Banned
Hammer Usopp from free pulls. Any of you guys remember way back when, when I dumped like 15 gems into farming Story Mode for Hammer Usopp in order to farm Aokiji IIRC, and I then pulled him later that same day in a multi?

giphy.webp

I get triggered again every time I pull this guy

All the belli bags I've been getting for the past few days were from the snails. I wanna say 8 of the snails I've clicked on were belli bags...

I powered through endless belli bags and finally finished maxing out Ace's sockets meaning my OG Ace Dream Team is complete. It only took two gems overall, bless Legend Buggy.

On QCK Legend Law: I'm not sure we really know what he can do yet since he's only on Line which is missing a lot of important Striker pieces. Once he hits JPN we'll see how much content he can clear. He's strong, obviously, but he's fairly within line with the rest of the post-Akainu legend era, and probably weaker than Cat Viper (though he would be excellent on the cat's crew).

I wouldn't mind Global getting him now other than the fact that it wouldn't really help us any with Neo Doffy. Striker is the most prepared of the three classes right now.

I feel similarly on Legend Law; cool to get him but on the whole, he isn't gonna get us through the toughest Neo Doffy stage(Fighter) for which we need Gear 4th. Also true to a lesser extent for Cerebral and Inuarashi. I have Legend Croc and I'm still convinced it's going to turn into a shitshow for me :(

And while Law is definitely powercreep due to his unconditional 3x multiplier, he feels unexciting because Nekomamushi exists. His healing is cool but I'm not convinced about it's utility due to the need to hit Perfects, which makes stalling hard. His orb boost is for Strikers only, making him far less of a Rainbow captain compared to say, Whitebeard, who is universally useful on all teams that he leads. Which isn't to take away from his ability to clear stuff, which is going to be amazing(on Global) once we get units like Kinemon, Colo Machavise, and Log Kid. But he's not as all-conquering as has been portrayed recently.

After seeing Sabo Kai, my interest was piqued in terms of what he could be useful for, and that naturally led me to 6+ Shanks who is someone I've been playing around on the calculator with recently. Right now this is the 'optimal' team that I've been playing around with. Honestly, I think he's actually going to end up on the upper half of the Legend tier list in the longterm once he gets one simple thing that he's currently missing. And that's a good conditional attack booster. Right now he does 3M damage to any enemy type other than INT, which he of course can destroy. Note that this is with Monet's special inactive.

kB2Sqwj.png

Now, Raid Sabo adds ~500k damage per turn with maxed out cotton candies, but it's a flat bonus. Raid Hancock adds ~620k damage to this team, but it scales with the damage being done. No orb boost/type boost = way less returns from Raid Hancock. For example, a 1.75x booster like RR Duval adds ~580k damage instead. So Sabo Kai will largely go ignored unless you can't use a conditional attack booster like Wedding Nami or Monet. And that's where things get interesting. Monet's 1.25x conditional attack boost adds ~750k damage to this team's attack, bringing this team's actual burst up to 3.7m to all colors. Now, we've recently seen some pretty eye-raising conditional attack boosters like RR Hannyabal that offer 2 turns of 1.75x conditional attack boost. So my theory is this: Bandai will one day drop the Hannyabal to 6+ Shanks' Magellan. If my theory is right, it's going to be a Red Hair Pirate. Like Benn Beckman. I'm imagining something like this:

Benn Beckman, Vice Captain of the Red Hair Pirates
PSY - Shooter/Cerebral - 4 Sockets

Captain Ability: XXXXX (not relevant)
Sailor Ability: If Captain is Cerebral, Captain is immune to Despair(or Bind/Silence/Whatever. Give Shanks his seemingly unshakable will through his First Mate's Sailor Ability even if Bandai won't give it to us directly via his 6+)
Special: 14 turns - Captain and Friend Captain's abilities ignore all defensive buffs and barriers for two turns. Boosts attack against enemies with reduced defense by 1.75x for 2 turns.

Now, conditional attack boosts are multiplicative. We can take that ~750k damage that Monet adds with a 1.25x buff, multiply it by three, and add that number to Shanks' base 3m damage. Which would be a universal 4.5m damage to all colors. But to add one more caveat to this, the only type of boost that affects Sabo's flat damage boost to all attackers is a conditional attack boost. So if we were to get an insane Benn Beckmann to buff up 6+ Shanks, Sabo Kai could become far more competitive with Raid Boa. But anyways, that's my pet theory. Shanks won't be an amazing Legend on his own merits and carry the team like Gear 4th does, instead it'll be his subs that will make him great. Flexible units like Duval are cool, but I think that in the longterm, we'll see another unit that will provide a 2x boost for PSY that is actually PSY(TS Robin), isn't incredibly weak(Impact Dial Usopp), etc. Or maybe we'll get another Legend to pair him with for a higher base multiplier, since Shanks + Borsalino is actually better than 2x Shanks when it's time to burst and caps out at 4m damage vs. 2x Shanks' current 3.7m damage.

Tl;dr my theory is that this isn't 6+ Shanks' final form. We'll almost certainly get another Shanks Legend in the future when the Red Hair Pirates batch(es) start dropping if ever, but they're going to throw 6+ Shanks a bone or two also. Right now there is nothing ingame to compliment his special. We'll likely see something in the future (IMO). If I was a betting man (and I clearly am), the future Legend Shanks will also reduce the enemy's defense to zero while (probably) being a Rainbow captain, as so far 2/5 Yonko(Whitebeard and BB) are. Or we'll get two Benn Beckmans. Or something.

Tl;dr to the Tl;dr someday, a PSY unit will drop that will make 6+ Shanks great(for the first time)

RIP me. I'm taking another go to get Doffy's ship (This team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaFdP88Lnno) but I swapped duval/sabo's spots. Which means that instead of sabo being paralyzed for 99 turns, it's duval, and you really need his high hit combo to do any real damage. So, currently at turn 77, and just tapping once to move on. But damnit, I'm determined to finally be done with this forest! Last time I died on stage 19, and currently this is 17 so... we'll see how I do.

I decided to clear Doffy today as well! After a few attempts failing on stage 19 & once on stage 20 due to a really dumb mistake I finally did it!

team used:

TS Luffy/TS Brook
Sabo/Log Luffy
Ain/Neo Mihawk.

I absolutely love this zombie team & if it wasn't for Sabo's cooldown atm I'd use it for a lot more content than just forests; I bet there's at least a number of colosseums and raids it can clear. It does a lot more damage (especially on burst) than any zombie team should be allowed to do.

MiTYH

I decided to clear Doffy today as well! After a few attempts failing on stage 19 & once on stage 20 due to a really dumb mistake I finally did it!

team used:

TS Luffy/TS Brook
Sabo/Log Luffy
Ain/Neo Mihawk.

I absolutely love this zombie team & if it wasn't for Sabo's cooldown atm I'd use it for a lot more content than just forests; I bet there's at least a number of colosseums and raids it can clear. It does a lot more damage (especially on burst) than any zombie team should be allowed to do.

That's a nice team. Sadly I don't have LL.

But I won! I now have Doffy's ship. And it took like 400 cola to max. Jesus even level 3 was like 22 cola...

Need to think of which to do next. All I have left is Enel, Aokiji, Shanks, and Boa. Needs to be zombie-able, I've got Corazon but no Elizabetho.

EMT0

Banned
I was clearing the Red Hair forest and got to the stage with the Impel Down Baroque Works agents. I'd KO'd Mr. 2 and 3 no problem, got off Mansherry's heal no problem to get rid of the poison, and was waiting on using Marco's special with an orb in order to clear Mr. 1 and stall on Croc.

6. Fucking. Turns. No matching orb. I was forced to heal and slowly die to Mr. 1 + Croc because I could never get one matching orb on a powerful unit two turns in a row. Orb luck has never tilted me this badly before. In hindsight I should have spent the turns I couldn't damage Mr. 1 due to my chain lock farming orbs, but man....fuck everything, I was gonna pull it off this time .____.

EDIT: Had another run on the Impel Down Baroque Works stage that looked like it'd be perfect. I was set to KO all three agents except Croc on turn one if I managed to switch to Mr. 1 with my last attacker. And I did....but I barely landed a Great. And that left him with the tiniest sliver of health. Which meant that he put up that 4 turn super defense buff that not even orb boosted, I could hope to smash through. So I died, on what should have been the greatest stallfest I could have asked for to go into Stage 19 with.

:'(

Kyou

really enjoying Chopperman missions as a way to idly burn some stamina to keep it from being full while waiting for update oclock

That's a nice team. Sadly I don't have LL.

But I won! I now have Doffy's ship. And it took like 400 cola to max. Jesus even level 3 was like 22 cola...

Need to think of which to do next. All I have left is Enel, Aokiji, Shanks, and Boa. Needs to be zombie-able, I've got Corazon but no Elizabetho.

Grats! And yeah the ship was a cola destroyer for me too, down to 155 cola now; only need to clear Shanks and I'm done.

As for the 4 forests you mentioned:

enel: super duper easy, but environmental damage makes rocketman zombie teams unworkable. I finished this with just regular ts luffy because hitting hard felt easier than zombie-ing in the end.

Aokiji:
I actually think I beat Aokiji just by blowing through with a super hard hitting Akainu team or some other ridiculous shit lmao. zombies weren't great for it.

Boa: I beat this with a zombie team for sure, similar to what I used for Doffy; as long as you can burst her final 20% it should be fine.

Also today's free pull was another friggin Nokijo lmao.

cw_sasuke

Yesterday 3* v1 sanji, today 3* mr. prince

Which became poison resistance and meat up sockets on TS Sanji :(

After the first sentence i was going to say " well if the upgrades continue you will pull TS Sanji tomorrow.." welp - you already have him.

Yeah those free pulls are a good reminder of how awful non-Sugofest pulls can be xD

Free pull events like these make me dread the day Bandai decides to do banner events for limited time RR units like Fisher Tiger, STR Aokiji, Log Kid, and Young Jimbe. I don't think we've ever even had "secret characters" on global during sugofests.

ExVicis

Got Doc Q out o the current free pull. Never saw his special until I pulled him, pretty useful it seems.

So man I sure am glad that Bandai is lowering his cooldown for the NeoDoffy raid. /s

bjork

Just need one socket for Ace and he's done. Trying to decide if I want to socket any others, but I've only ever used original QCK Ace and the legend, so idk about the others at all. I just have them. Because it's a sickness.

bjork

Is sort by "get date" weird for you guys? It's putting the characters that I've most recently fed stuff to, all the way at the top, rather than my oldest ones.

Top Bottom