• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

follow zeenigami on youtube, he (almost) always make f2p teams for all the content, including colo.

by the way, i know, it sucks to not have a legends, my first one was when I had more than 550 days under my belt

I check it out a lot, most of his teams use Shiki or RaidSabo, sadly. Skillups have not been kind to me in that respect.

I don't feel too bad. I've got Inthawk who carries me through most things, and Sengoku for the rest where Slashers don't work. I just haven't seen a red since the 2nd anniversary, and it's a bit disheartening. I'm trying to save in the hope we get a guaranteed legend on 3-rd multi, in which case I'd be all in, or at least for G4 in... 5 months? Maybe.

koryuken

Did a few more pulls. Got Leo and legend Croc. Is it strange that I'm more excited for Leo? The little fella has some fantastic stats and special. What a crazy sub for TS Luffy!

Not sure how to feel about Croc. I have a few of the dream team units, but it's going to take forever to get the sockets at a decent place.

I have the Croc dream team and full sockets, and I never use him. IMO low HP captains are not that good, there are much much better options. I'm debating who i should push off my permanent teams roster... Croc, Ace, or Jimbei.

Kyou

colo is a day off again, maybe I'll get to play it tomorrow ;_;

edit: I set my clock ahead 24 hours to Saturday

Hope: The Colos are there and I can play them!

Despair: I can't select a friend captain because my phone time is out of sync with the servers!

edit2: my last ditch attempt to uninstall and reinstall did nothing. Sure would be nice if BN would get back to me

EMT0

Banned
I maxed Kinemon in about two hours of Fuji grinding. Don Chinjao just makes Kinemon seem like a complete joke, the hardest part about the stage is landing Greats against Jiru with the Doffy ship. Let's see if we can get Kanjuro done in an equally silly manner before skillups are over.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, sleep would be nice. Sorry about your bad luck Kyou :(

RedBoot

Finished the skill ups on Kinemon, still about 6-7 sockets short. I'll probably run him a bit more for sockets + ambush chance, and switch over to Marg or something for the rest of the weekend.

Bleh at this Wed/Thurs/Fri skill up event though, could have at least given us the weekend. Would've been more useful.

(or, you know, permanent skill up...)

Majukun

ended up maxing kanjuro too before the skillup goes away... but i still have to run the 2 samurai for their sockets and because I still need the psy skull even though shanks is already maxed

Hana-Bi

I maxed Kinemon in about two hours of Fuji grinding. Don Chinjao just makes Kinemon seem like a complete joke, the hardest part about the stage is landing Greats against Jiru with the Doffy ship. Let's see if we can get Kanjuro done in an equally silly manner before skillups are over.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, sleep would be nice. Sorry about your bad luck Kyou :(

Congrats. Since I didn't farm Kinemon so far, which Chinjao did you use and what for? Need to see some other teams to try out (though I don't have Fuji myself...).

Majukun

Congrats. Since I didn't farm Kinemon so far, which Chinjao did you use and what for? Need to see some other teams to try out (though I don't have Fuji myself...).

he probably meant that 50 stamina colo chinjao was way harder then kinemon,so doig kinemon after that makes him feel really easy

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have very little space left in the storage, so if i can level up skills immediately instead of hoarding copies I now prefer doing so... also I was free yesterday. I don't like to spend too many gems, but 10 gems it's still acceptable... I'll just act like I did 2 yolo pulls and got nothing.

sad thing is, I can't use shanks and kinemon yet because I didn't find the psy skull for sabo

Oh yeah this makes sense...in general its always good to get the shit done asap, because you never know what event/fn might drop in the future...just was surprised that it happened this fast with those current Colos.

But i also assumed....at least Kinemon to be more difficult.
Lmao why is Japan getting another Rob Lucci?

I wonder why there's a bunch of legends of chars who already had legends ages ago in a row; Law, Boa, Lucci.

Another Legend Lucci ? Many they are going crazy with those....i knew it was bad new when Law got his second Legend. Welp...

Kyou

Sorry about your bad luck Kyou :(

Honestly might get me to quit the game. None of these fortnights have anything I need and having to sit back and twiddle my thumbs while there's content I want to do but am not allowed to for some reason while Bandai doesn't seem super interested in helping is really infuriating.

Majukun

Honestly might get me to quit the game. None of these fortnights have anything I need and having to sit back and twiddle my thumbs while there's content I want to do but am not allowed to for some reason while Bandai doesn't seem super interested in helping is really infuriating.

it's strange though...there are no other reports on reddit or the like about this problem,so it's either you are really unlucky,or it's has something to do with your phone

don't you have a second device to test if the problems follows the account or the phone?
that would at least check off some options on what the porblem might be

another thing would be to try resetting your phone,but i know it's a big and time consuming thing to do just for a game, but it would rule out the poossibility that something went wrong with your phone setting or something

the only time i remember something similiar happening was at the very first japan colo,where they would not appear if your timezone wasn't japan's one, but it was fixed with time....also you did say you already checked the time on your phone did you not?

cw_sasuke

Never encountered this issue before so its difficult to give advice...if you dont have a second phone i would recommend to download a emulator like Nox and see if you have the same issue there too.

Kyou

the only time i remember something similiar happening was at the very first japan colo,where they would not appear if your timezone wasn't japan's one, but it was fixed with time....also you did say you already checked the time on your phone did you not?
the time on my phone is correct. Everything else, raids, sugo, fortnights, update o'clock works okay

I guess I'll attempt trying a new device but the Chinjao colo was working fine

Majukun

the time on my phone is correct. Everything else, raids, sugo, fortnights, update o'clock works okay

I guess I'll attempt trying a new device but the Chinjao colo was working fine
Well the events showms up based on the server time,not the time on your phone,so it's normal that the rest of the content works...only the Colo,for some reason,at the beginning didn't show up if you weren't on the Japan time zone.. but as I said,it was corrected way before the Colo arrived on global.

Kyou

Well the events showms up based on the server time,not the time on your phone,so it's normal that the rest of the content works...only the Colo,for some reason,at the beginning didn't show up if you weren't on the Japan time zone.. but as I said,it was corrected way before the Colo arrived on global.

If I change my phone time by even one minute I get errors that my phone's time does not match the server time. What's weird is that it's not that it's not showing up, it's that it's showing up 24 hours off. Like I got the Colo Thursday night when the raids started but it'd give me a server error if I tried to play it.

I'm trying to gin up something else to play it on but I'm already on my backup phone since my actual one broke last week. But like I said the last colo(which I played on my current one) was working fine. I can't imagine this is a 'my phone' problem but it'd also be weird if I was the one person out of 70 million with this issue.

I'll probably just start sending more support tickets until BN actually answers one

cw_sasuke

Just cleared my first Ambush...YES, finally.

Shanks, i had some time so i thought lets give it a try and it worked out. On the final stage i just had to stall until my Fuji actives were up again....but i can see why people love TS Nami for that one.

I also didnt realize that you get double drops on Ambush as well if you 2x the raid/colo..thats pretty awesome. Always wondered how some of you could get so many drops in that short amount of time.

So from this Shanks Ambush skull color can drop right ? I really hope i can get the red one for Whitebeard at some point.

@Majukun

Since you also run Fuji...do you have to stall on the final Shanks stage as well or do you have a faster solution ?

Kyou

installed on my girlfriend's phone aaaaaaaaaand

Colos are there.

???????????? Now to figure out how to fix this or just wait for my good phone to get fixed

edit: Refavoriting units is the worst experience ever

Majukun

Just cleared my first Ambush...YES, finally.

Shanks, i had some time so i thought lets give it a try and it worked out. On the final stage i just had to stall until my Fuji actives were up again....but i can see why people love TS Nami for that one.

I also didnt realize that you get double drops on Ambush as well if you 2x the raid/colo..thats pretty awesome. Always wondered how some of you could get so many drops in that short amount of time.

So from this Shanks Ambush skull color can drop right ? I really hope i can get the red one for Whitebeard at some point.

@Majukun

Since you also run Fuji...do you have to stall on the final Shanks stage as well or do you have a faster solution ?

you either have to stall or bring ts nami..i suaully just bring psy marco and use him to stall the special silence away

Majukun

installed on my girlfriend's phone aaaaaaaaaand

Colos are there.

???????????? Now to figure out how to fix this or just wait for my good phone to get fixed

try to check the timezone (not the time) and see if you are in the right one pr something changed in those settings..changing timezone shouldn't give you the error or the glitched stamina bar

Kyou

try to check the timezone (not the time) and see if you are in the right one pr something changed in those settings..changing timezone shouldn't give you the error or the glitched stamina bar

It's set to Pacific(my time zone) but I'll do some experiments later. Going to grind the fuck out of Kinemon while I've got it working before switching back

cw_sasuke

At least you can play now a bit while the Colo is up....still weird issue. Especially since you didnt change anything on your setup....

you either have to stall or bring ts nami..i suaully just bring psy marco and use him to stall the special silence away

Alright thanks...yeah that what i did..without Marco i wouldnt have been able to clear it.

Its stupid...but many im hyped being able to clear a Ambush...finally a chance to get those skulls.

bobohoro

Thinking about giving Kine'mon 100 RCV CCs. Have Enel, 3D2Y Sanji, Corazon and INTVankov maxed already, only other contender would be Colo Moriah right now and I can see myself running Kine/TSLuffy teams quite a bit with all the fun FS units around.

Invasion Shanks appearance rate is ridiculously low for 50 stamina, but my Kine'mon team can't clear anyway. Had one skull drop on my failed run, just gonna convince myself that it would've been another blue one anyway.

koryuken

If I change my phone time by even one minute I get errors that my phone's time does not match the server time. What's weird is that it's not that it's not showing up, it's that it's showing up 24 hours off. Like I got the Colo Thursday night when the raids started but it'd give me a server error if I tried to play it.

I'm trying to gin up something else to play it on but I'm already on my backup phone since my actual one broke last week. But like I said the last colo(which I played on my current one) was working fine. I can't imagine this is a 'my phone' problem but it'd also be weird if I was the one person out of 70 million with this issue.

I'll probably just start sending more support tickets until BN actually answers one

If you're on android, is your time set to automatic date and time?

MiTYH

Wooooo! Feeling accomplished! Took some trial and error, but I made it to Kinemon's final stage, and I can beat him thanks to everyone's favorite team, Zombie Team!

Team Link

Found it on reddit, and it works just fine. Only threat is Speed Jil, but I think if I Sabo him strong enough, I can get it done.

Now I just need to decide how many gems he's worth to me. He's here for three weeks, and stamina snails were not kind to me today

koryuken

Wooooo! Feeling accomplished! Took some trial and error, but I made it to Kinemon's final stage, and I can beat him thanks to everyone's favorite team, Zombie Team!

Team Link

Found it on reddit, and it works just fine. Only threat is Speed Jil, but I think if I Sabo him strong enough, I can get it done.

Now I just need to decide how many gems he's worth to me. He's here for three weeks, and stamina snails were not kind to me today

He's literally one of the best f2p units in the game, better than most RRs and raid bosses...

Shackzam

ended up maxing kanjuro too before the skillup goes away... but i still have to run the 2 samurai for their sockets and because I still need the psy skull even though shanks is already maxed

What team did you use for kanjuro? If you don't mind me asking.

I hate Kanjuro farming. I must have blown something like 300 stamina from just forgetting to activate the coated Sunny when I go to burst down Moria. Kimemon is finished, although I opted for damage reduction over orbs so I hope that won't come back to bite me, and Kanjuro is almost done. I'm also opting for DR over orbs for him as well only because he'll likely be mostly used in my QCK Law team and the jump from lvl 2 orbs to lvl 3 requiring 10 more points in orbs for a 2.5% boost doesn't seem worth it when level 2 orbs will likely be covered by the Law captains.

Hana-Bi

I hate Kanjuro farming. I must have blown something like 300 stamina from just forgetting to activate the coated Sunny when I go to burst down Moria. Kimemon is finished, although I opted for damage reduction over orbs so I hope that won't come back to bite me, and Kanjuro is almost done. I'm also opting for DR over orbs for him as well only because he'll likely be mostly used in my QCK Law team and the jump from lvl 2 orbs to lvl 3 requiring 10 more points in orbs for a 2.5% boost doesn't seem worth it when level 2 orbs will likely be covered by the Law captains.

Lol, I also forget the easiest thing while farming Kanjuro... Last run forgot to use Bartos ship special...

Majukun

What team did you use for kanjuro? If you don't mind me asking.

isn' it what this thread is made for? XD

i used

fuji x2
doflamingo
shiki
psy marco
ivankov

which is basically THIS TEAM changed a bit to be a bit less reliable for kanjuro but also able to do invasion shanks.

i'm still stuck on kinemon needing 2 more damage reduction :/

but i'm also not in a hurry since i STILL haven't got a single skull from shanks

Hana-Bi

Really happy I pulled Striker Law during his sugo. Finally got a legend who can clear the harder content without problems. Fuji/TS Luffy/Akainu are in a league of their own and I sadly only pull dupes reds and no new legends ("newest" released legend I got was psy Law), but Striker Law seems to be a top 4 legend now. Luckily I got Mansherry and TS Nami who are essential for Kanjuro colo/Shanks.

cw_sasuke

Really happy I pulled Striker Law during his sugo. Finally got a legend who can clear the harder content without problems. Fuji/TS Luffy/Akainu are in a league of their own and I sadly only pull dupes reds and no new legends ("newest" released legend I got was psy Law), but Striker Law seems to be a top 4 legend now. Luckily I got Mansherry and TS Nami who are essential for Kanjuro colo/Shanks.

Never realized that you dont have one of the big 3 Legends...for some reason i just assumed you would at least have Fuji or TSL. RNG can be crazy...probably pulled some Legend like 3-4 times already.

Getting a new kick ass legend like Law must have been relief ....lol.

Team Link

Congrats - good to see that you found a solution !!
He is def. quite the boost to Slasher and FS teams..especially for us f2p.

Hana-Bi

Never realized that you dont have one of the big 3 Legends...for some reason i just assumed you would at least have Fuji or TSL. RNG can be crazy...probably pulled some Legend like 3-4 times already.

Getting a new kick ass legend like Law must have been relief ....lol

Yeah, pulled more dupes than unique legends. Most legends were probably Boa and WB. Still was able to clear every content so far, but clearing content and reliably farming is a totally different story lol.

MiTYH

He's literally one of the best f2p units in the game, better than most RRs and raid bosses...

Congrats - good to see that you found a solution !!
He is def. quite the boost to Slasher and FS teams..especially for us f2p.

Yeah, it's been going well. I found out (the hard way) that I cannot beat Speed Jil with this team- KO before I can act. Thankfully, RNG is blessing me, and after some meat up todays, I only faced Jil twice. All on double runs, it hurts, but otherwise farming has been going well. 12 copies so far, and plenty of CC (FINALLY quad-maxed 3d2y Zoro!)

I've also been ambushed three times. The first time I messed up on Lucky Roo thinking he couldn't KO me, forgetting the other stuff that was going on. Second time I messed up the first stage (bad orbs= could KO the right number to stay alive). Third time I got past Lucky Roo, but I think I used too many specials because stalling was tough (29 turn Sabo hasn't been doing me favors). If i had stalled even ONE extra time rocket man would have been ready and I could have finished the ambush. Ah well, here's hoping for the next run...

Raid Bellamy really seems tailor made for TS Luffy teams. Bellamy's pre-emptive gives your team full matching orbs with TS Luffy's special. Kinemon's cd reduction could make FS teams pretty quick so I think I'll give this team a try:

OMEoQ5C.png

I managed to finish both Kinemon and Kanjuro yesterday. I may have cheated in getting the last 4 socket points on Kajuro by using forbidden tomes but I don't regret it. I still have 85 of the things that I've hoarded because I haven't been able to commit to who I want to use them on.

Invasion rates seemed unexpectedly poor. I encountered Shanks a whooping 6 times total in the time it took me to skill max and socket Kinemon and Kanjuro. Of those 6 times, I had 3 yellow skull drops and 1 red. Now I have 5 of each skull type sitting in my inventory. The difference in drop rate between Cavendish and Shanks is inexplicable.

Majukun

Raid Bellamy really seems tailor made for TS Luffy teams. Bellamy's pre-emptive gives your team full matching orbs with TS Luffy's special. Kinemon's cd reduction could make FS teams pretty quick so I think I'll give this team a try:

OMEoQ5C.png

I managed to finish both Kinemon and Kanjuro yesterday. I may have cheated in getting the last 4 socket points on Kajuro by using forbidden tomes but I don't regret it. I still have 85 of the things that I've hoarded because I haven't been able to commit to who I want to use them on.

Invasion rates seemed unexpectedly poor. I encountered Shanks a whooping 6 times total in the time it took me to skill max and socket Kinemon and Kanjuro. Of those 6 times, I had 3 yellow skull drops and 1 red. Now I have 5 of each skull type sitting in my inventory. The difference in drop rate between Cavendish and Shanks is inexplicable.

so that's where my psy skulls went

RedBoot

I'm actually getting equivalent, if not higher ambush rates on Marguerite than I got for Kinemon. Has anyone really seen significant differences between 30 and 50 stamina? Wouldn't put it past Bandai to make them the same.

As for skull hell, I'm buried in red skulls. Just one blue, Bandai. Please. Boa isn't even that good, I just wants it.

koryuken

I'm actually getting equivalent, if not higher ambush rates on Marguerite than I got for Kinemon. Has anyone really seen significant differences between 30 and 50 stamina? Wouldn't put it past Bandai to make them the same.

As for skull hell, I'm buried in red skulls. Just one blue, Bandai. Please. Boa isn't even that good, I just wants it.

The higher the sta cost, better the ambush rate. True for raids and colosseum. 30 sta is basically a prayer.

EMT0

Banned
31 Kanjuro dupes + books in an hour and a half of farming. Not shabby at all. But to be fair, RNGesus delivered:

NWnWPmX.png

EDIT: With Bellamy out, F2P Fighter teams just got their first 1.75x F2P orb booster. To tally up recent-ish boosts to F2P Fighter teams:

• Colo Don Chinjao (Big HP cut)
  • Colo Miss Valentine (Conditional booster)
  • Summertime Violet (Silence-immune Silence reduction)
  • FN Pekoms(EMPTY Orb manipulation)
  • FN Wicca(Affinity boost)

The only missing boosts for F2P Fighters that Japan has but we don't is the Flying Dutchman, Teatime Sanji for that 1.75x Fighter class boost, and Colo Ideo for a 2x orb boost. All of these things are either far away on paper, or are completely unpredictable as to when they'll appear on Global(The West doesn't celebrate White Day which is a sort of reverse Valentine's Day; instead of the guys delivering gifts, the girls do). Now Bandai's already taken a baseball to the schedule with Colo Don Chinjao and Colo Miss Valentine. If any of these three drop, I'm going straight into the itshappening.gif bunker for Gear 4th.

Kyou

my whirlwind Kinemon weekend ends with him max level, max socketed and 1 skill up away from max. Also 20 Shanks'.

Kinda don't give a fuck about Bellamy right now. I'll get a couple I guess but I'll save him for a half stamina, invasion I need or within a skill up event.

As a side note, going back and forth between phones is more annoying than I anticipated. Obviously I was able to transfer to my girlfriend's phone fine with SNS, but I assumed I'd be able to just go back to mine and SNS back onto it. Not so! If I click to try to get to the account recovery option I just get the "User not found" error so I have to reinstall and then SNS into it. Not the worst thing in the world but MAN favoriting everything for like the fifth time in two weeks is brutal. I might just risk it and not favorite anything until I'm back on my real phone.

RedBoot

I'd expected Ideo after Chinjao, but I'm glad they dialed that back a bit. No clue what's next, but I just hope Brynndi World doesn't get lost to the aether. I have already lost hope for Foxy.

Bellamy is pretty easy (it's still a 40stam after all), though I do like how he's kind of designed to screw over Croc teams. Tanky teams should have no issue. Going to use a usual SW Ace team and lament the lack of 2x stamina for raids.

Top Bottom