• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

First off, this should not have worked, but I am thrilled it did! Take that Kinemon/Ambush Shanks! Shame it was on my last run, which was single stamina, but whatever. Hopefully I can grab some more copies later on this week

8rdjzdk.jpg
(and yes, 29 cooldown Sabo. MVP was Duval, did basically no damage and let me stall to no end)

For today, I didn't realize just how easy Bellamy was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd8s1OOOXtc

Very f2p version with Zoro+, two colo units but there's enough stalling/using zoro's special to get units to where they need to be for the final stage. Actually just got him to drop on 30 stamina, which is nice. There's not much else to do today so I'll just farm this with natural stamina, can't hurt my team any

Kyou

I literally can't believe you zombied Shanks, that's incredible. I imagine some enemy CD luck is required on stage one.

koryuken

What is the fastest team that people are using to speed farm Bellamy? I tried a Legend Zoro team with Dex Law/Apoo for full orbs, but have settled on the Croc dream team as the faster team.

EMT0

Banned
2 gems has gotten me 28 Bellamy copies thanks to a level up and a meat. We need ~65 copies to go, so this is pretty good so far for his first appearance. I'm lazily farming him atm as I do other stuff throughout the day. Bless TS Zoro for making this raid utterly brainless. I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Abdullah and Jeet's books so that I can max their special for mad speedrunning.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Farmed like 10 copies of Bellamy...like with every 40stamina Sengoku is the way to go for me, always effortless.

He is a good unit but i dont have a team where i would use him lol.

Majukun

limit break on fuji seems a bit of a disappointment..the direction seems to be to try and make him a better sub..but driven would use him as a captain every day of the week and powerhouse already have his raid version as a fix sub

EDIT: meanwhile akainu gets a x2 atk against qck...he was so weak,why don't get rid of one of his weaknesses?

koryuken

EDIT: meanwhile akainu gets a x2 atk against qck...he was so weak,why don't get rid of one of his weaknesses?

It's a sailor ability, for all those times you will use him as a sub:)

I'm personally more pumped about the extra attack stats he gets, up to 2k attack!

cw_sasuke

think of all the people that actually had to farm those XD

Hah....yeah i dont wanna think about. I didnt even get them while we had those Story Special Island where they would show up on the final stage. Also got finally Story Enel...only took me 2 years lol.

Always sucks when you farm that FN where story boss skillbooks drop and you dont have them....still need Wapol xD

Majukun

Hah....yeah i dont wanna think about. I didnt even get them while we had those Story Special Island where they would show up on the final stage. Also got finally Story Enel...only took me 2 years lol.

Always sucks when you farm that FN where story boss skillbooks drop and you dont have them....still need Wapol xD

Yep,i still "need" wapol too..as in i don't really need him anymore but I still don't have him.

anyway..data about the new update is all on reddit,but i still don't get where i'm supposed to get the various kinds of gem to do the limit break...you can get the drinks from the new rebecca island, but where do you get those gems of various colors?

also,in the end most of the bonuses are luck based..meaning that you can't really incorporate them into your startegy,but they can save you when you screw up.

MiTYH

Who did everyone pick for the free skull on Global? I'm thinking Franky only because his island is a pain to farm. I still need to farm units from the other two as well, so it makes sense to double up skull farming. Then again I still need Nami's skull, and with all this content, that's really taking a backseat to things

EDIT: Forgot all those free units we can get today! And it's a quite day so why not farm them? Sadly the only one I need is Akainu, and a second Lucci/Moria. But hey, the rest are neat sockets at least

DOUBLE EDIT: If you try to farm moria without a delayer, you're gonna have a bad time. Found that out the hard way.

That being said! Akainu and Croc dropped in the stage themsevles (naturally), so that's and extra copy of each.

EMT0

Banned
55 Bellamy copies as my final haul. Could have gotten north of 60, but there was Jojo to watch with some friends. I chose Brook because I've been using Slashers a lot and they REALLY'd like an orb locker considering TS Zoro's basically made for a two turn burst unless he's being ran with a friend Borsalino over another TS Zoro.

How's everyone feel about the limit break system in Japan now that a lot more info is out & it's officially in the game?

It's a bit hard to judge the ins and outs of it without a better taste of how we're supposed to eventually farm for the required content; but it seems that dupes basically only function as an alternative to farming the skill tablets for the unique new abilities.

Everything to me looks good and worth getting, but one pet peeve:

One of the 6 abilities is the ability to land critical hits; basically randomized bonus damage. From a damage calculation/careful plannng perspective that seems like the most useless boost; can't really account for it to reliably help you out.

The 5 others range from very useful to pretty darn great.

Kyou

the critical hit definitely seems like a more harm than good thing

not only is it unreliable it could mess up stalling or stuff like Akainu's raid

koryuken

the critical hit definitely seems like a more harm than good thing

not only is it unreliable it could mess up stalling or stuff like Akainu's raid

For me, none of the new abilities really add anything game-breaking. The only big changes are IMO: the stat increases from the limit breaks AND the extra sockets from limit breaks. The abilities themselves won't really make a bad character good or a good character much better. Raidhawk and Zephyr seem to be the most buffed from the units that i saw, which is nice for the F2P players.

EMT0

Banned
For me, none of the new abilities really add anything game-breaking. The only big changes are IMO: the stat increases from the limit breaks AND the extra sockets from limit breaks. The abilities themselves won't really make a bad character good or a good character much better. Raidhawk and Zephyr seem to be the most buffed from the units that i saw, which is nice for the F2P players.

Agreed. I'm glad this is all there is to it, this stuff is easily ignorable. I was fearing the worst considering what I know of other gacha games.

RedBoot

think of all the people that actually had to farm those XD

I had 'em all save Akainu (and I'll be glad to avoid farming him). Ultimately I got Croc, Enel, and Lucci long ago, and have used each extensively (except the STR Evo for Lucci, but I got two copies after like five tries so eh). They were worth the effort (and doing ~120 runs on the final Alubarna stage was a bit of a rite of passage). I got Rayleigh during the Strawhat's Journey event, so that wasn't too bad either.

Moria's the only one I really haven't used. His first form seems good for Princess Turtles, but we got him (and his books) too late for it to be any good. Shadow Asgard Moria seems fairly useless.

Raidhawk and Zephyr seem to be the most buffed from the units that i saw, which is nice for the F2P players.

Yeah, I'm a fan of those changes, which is a nice way to keep them relevant in the current state of the game. I'd kind of expected Neo raids to be how they "updated" raid bosses, but it's not exactly a perfect way to do it (and might not even be possible for Z). It's kind of nice that both Raidhawks have their own advantages now.

Kyou

oh btw I fixed my coliseum problem. Maju and others were right in that it was a timezone problem. My phone was set to auto timezone (pacific time) so when I disabled that and selected pacific time manually it worked (????? you got me why).

I mention this because Bandai finally sent me a reply to my support ticket. They sent the schedule for the coliseum and instructed me to check the dates in game if I was confused. Th-thanks.

I got a pretty good CC haul today. 24 HP, 33 ATK, and 16 RCV.

The limit break system isn't as unreasonable as I thought it was going to be. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I understand it works like this:

-You get "Proficiency" by drinking the magic juice (which comes in small, medium, and large sizes) and this will fill a meter along your limit break tree which gates which nodes are unlockable starting from the beginning.
-Each node requires certain limit breaking materials to unlock, be they shards or different colored stones. Each node can be stat ups, new abilities, sailor abilities, CA improvements, CD reduction, or unlockable sockets.
-Character dupes will upgrade a random unlocked ability along your limit break tree. This part I'm a little confused about. I don't know in what way an unlocked ability can be upgraded. Is this a situation where an ability that can be unlocked might be "remove a turn of orb seal" and an upgrade would add another turn to the removal? Then the only way to upgrade unlocked abilities would be through these future items that give a chance to upgrade a random ability or by feeding a dupe for a guaranteed random ability upgrade? I guess the appearance rate of these new items and the number of abilities that require upgrades would determine whether or not a dupe is worth feeding.

I like this ability that they're doing with shooters. Being able to pierce barriers if your HP is full could be pretty useful. Granted that probably favors new legend Boa shooter teams more than anything but anything that helps out shooters is more than welcome.

Also, with limit breaking Gladius can become a 2.75x unconditional QCK lead. LOL Boa.

RedBoot

Decided to give Kid a single pull. Got unevolved Kuina, who, as it turns out, actually is a Striker. Looks like Bandai didn't realize that either since she didn't come with +5 ATK like in the event description. Lovely.

I'll probably give Fisher Tiger a pull too just because he's cool, but otherwise I'm going to wait for some sort of decent event before putting much into these "limited" characters.

Also: New Gem Set! I only have three of the RR characters (Chopper, Franky, Garp), so I've got good odds at getting something nice.

koryuken

Got lucky Af. Did one multi and got Log Kid and Wanda. Two new units, one that I was hoping for. This is better than most of my sugofests lol.

Edit: Based on the Reddit thread, many people are pulling kid. Rates may be decent??

HabeeNo

Fuck it, 2 AM and im gonna multi too

Kaya
Kuina
Usopp Kids
v1 Usopp
Chaka
Bellemere
Kuina
Chaka
v1 Usopp
LOG KID

11th Pull
Doc Q

I was already pretty depressed tonight, but that 10th drop made it all worth it, holy canoli

Hana-Bi

Log Kid is tempting but I don't see him that good for a double Law team. Aokiji is the better choice for me. You won't get that burst damage for one turn, but you'll deal great damage for two turns. Which will be useful for any kind of content (especially for revive effects).

MiTYH

Not bothering with new Kid. Probably need him but nope, 3rd anni is the planni.

Had almost full stamina when I woke up (thought coliseum was today -_-), and got a meat snail immediately, so that's a cool 6 runs for NeoDoffy Cerebreal. Sengoku helps me with my only real clearable team, and since I'm 2 turns away from Maxing my original NeoDoffy, I figure I should be safe with this. He's just too good with sockets+ability not to max out at least one copy. After that, maybe brook's FN for some dupes, half stamina is always tempting. But then Colo's back tomorrow, more Kinemon farming!

And super excited for Magellan. He's one of the only story units I STILL DON'T HAVE even after farming all day and night for it way back when. So it'll be nice to have him!

EDIT: Found a SW Shanks team that can take on Magellan. Finally, his time has come! After Aokiji, that is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3CaobHkUsI

EMT0

Banned
The Whitebeard Pirates FN is giving me the finger right now. Tons of runs between yesterday and today, and only 2 Mansherry books. Conversely, 8 Sabo books after I just finished maxing his special. RNG pls, I want to hop over to Prison Buggy to max out RR Suleiman.

RedBoot

Edit: Based on the Reddit thread, many people are pulling kid. Rates may be decent??

It makes sense, and is more or less consistent with prior "limited" characters (though this new type with Kid, Tiger, Perona, Law, etc is kind of its own thing). Common, but not super common.

There's actually another Reddit thread with hard percentages (from the thread it sounds like the guy is somehow pulling actual game data) that puts him around the same chance as some of the more common pulls, like Kuina, Crocus, Basic Luffy, etc. It makes sense, and the idea that it's a bit "generous" is fair since you're forced to make RR pulls at the "worst" time.

If the data in that thread is accurate, it confirms one of my long-held assumptions about RRs, in that not all RRs are given equal pull rates (with what is and isn't boosted having some effect). So for instance, Gecko Moria and Dosun are both RRs, both boosted (as Strikers), but you're more likely to pull Moria. Obviously, newer RRs are lower rated, with the Zou batch all among the bottom of this banner (though Momo's boosted a bit as a Striker).

More distressingly (though maybe not surprisingly), some un-boosted units are as common as boosted ones. You're as likely to pull Bellmere as you are Crocus, despite the latter being boosted. So basically, if I want to pull for Tashigi on a Cerebral banner, I have to guess if Bandai values her more or less compared to other Cerebral characters.

This is assuming that data is correct, of course. But it certainly fits my guesses/confirms my paranoia. :p

It makes sense, and is more or less consistent with prior "limited" characters (though this new type with Kid, Tiger, Perona, Law, etc is kind of its own thing). Common, but not super common.

There's actually another Reddit thread with hard percentages (from the thread it sounds like the guy is somehow pulling actual game data) that puts him around the same chance as some of the more common pulls, like Kuina, Crocus, Basic Luffy, etc. It makes sense, and the idea that it's a bit "generous" is fair since you're forced to make RR pulls at the "worst" time.

If the data in that thread is accurate, it confirms one of my long-held assumptions about RRs, in that not all RRs are given equal pull rates (with what is and isn't boosted having some effect). So for instance, Gecko Moria and Dosun are both RRs, both boosted (as Strikers), but you're more likely to pull Moria. Obviously, newer RRs are lower rated, with the Zou batch all among the bottom of this banner (though Momo's boosted a bit as a Striker).

More distressingly (though maybe not surprisingly), some un-boosted units are as common as boosted ones. You're as likely to pull Bellmere as you are Crocus, despite the latter being boosted. So basically, if I want to pull for Tashigi on a Cerebral banner, I have to guess if Bandai values her more or less compared to other Cerebral characters.

This is assuming that data is correct, of course. But it certainly fits my guesses/confirms my paranoia. :p

I actually came here to post this very thing. This same poster has given the rates for ships and the mechanics for crew cost rankings. I 100% believe this info and am fucking disgusted by it. The rate boosted units don't even have equal pull percentages. The chances of getting silvers and fake golds outside of sugofest is shameful.

(<5%) (<5%) 500 Bellmere, 508 Chaka, 785 Genzo, 789 Kuina, 588 Crocus, 791 Onion, Pepper & Carrot, 2 Monkey D. Luffy, 5 Roronoa Zoro, 1621 Eustass Kid, 504 Hotori and Kotori, 506 Pell, 590 Koza, 793 Iceburg, 9 Nami, 17 Sanji, 224 Mr. Prince,

(<2%) 502 Kaya, 586 Nojiko, 787 Dr. Hiriluk, 13 Usopp, 21 Tony Tony Chopper, 71 Miss Wednesday, 222 Usopp, 1033 Abdullah and Jeet, 999 Diamante, 10 Nami, 11 Nami, 1232 Smoker

Just to put things into perspective these units have the highest chance of being pulled. Add up the percentages of all those silvers and u might throw up

RedBoot

Ultimately, it's not terribly far off from other gatcha games (I'd call FE Heroes better simply due to the pity counter, whereas Fate's got generally lower percentages for top stuff). The main lesson to gather, as we all generally noticed, is that pulling outside of sugos is a terrible idea. I believe (as a guess) that sugos make the 3* vs 4* ratio a bit better, though we'll have to wait and see if we get numbers for that.

The other interesting thing is that it looks like there's better times to hunt for specific RRs. Like, if you want Abdullah and Jeet, it's (comparatively) a good opportunity to grab them right now. 2nd Anni probably had the best rates for SW Zoro and Giolla, for instance.

Really, I still think the weirdest thing is how Bellmere, Chaka, and Genzo are in the highest probability tier right now despite not being Strikers. You'd think any 3* Strikers would be the most likely pulls right now.

Pulling Chaka and/or Pell during a sugofest always riles me up.

Also, holy crap, I need rainbow robber penguins to evolve some guys but none were dropping.

Ultimately, it's not terribly far off from other gatcha games (I'd call FE Heroes better simply due to the pity counter, whereas Fate's got generally lower percentages for top stuff). The main lesson to gather, as we all generally noticed, is that pulling outside of sugos is a terrible idea. I believe (as a guess) that sugos make the 3* vs 4* ratio a bit better, though we'll have to wait and see if we get numbers for that.

The other interesting thing is that it looks like there's better times to hunt for specific RRs. Like, if you want Abdullah and Jeet, it's (comparatively) a good opportunity to grab them right now. 2nd Anni probably had the best rates for SW Zoro and Giolla, for instance.

Really, I still think the weirdest thing is how Bellmere, Chaka, and Genzo are in the highest probability tier right now despite not being Strikers. You'd think any 3* Strikers would be the most likely pulls right now.

That's why I feel like bandai is straight lying to us with manipulating the rates. Striker up should mean all strikers have a rated up chance compared to other units. That's not the case when you look at both 3 star and 4 star posters.

Majukun

kinemon is complete..kanjuro need 2 sockets, and i'm still yet to get a single skull to drop,let alone a psy one.

last time i farmed chinjao and shanks,i got tons of red and blu ones..even too much of them counting that i don't have any str or qck legend to superevolve...now that i need a single x2 drop of a psy skull for sabo and later shanks, i get nothing

the game knows guys,the game knows...

MiTYH

@#$@%$&!&^!

Stored full stamina from last night, and got a meat snail. Went x2 stamina to my zombie for Kinemon. As long as I don't get Speed Jil, I win.

Every time it was Speed Jil. Wtf game, this didn't happen last weekend! What a waste of today!

@#$@%$&!&^!

Stored full stamina from last night, and got a meat snail. Went x2 stamina to my zombie for Kinemon. As long as I don't get Speed Jil, I win.

Every time it was Speed Jil. Wtf game, this didn't happen last weekend! What a waste of today!

RNG gonna RNG.

cw_sasuke

does Shiryu work for Kanjuro?

I get the feeling Moria will screw that up

Yes - but not as fast a Kinemon.

You probably need Sugar or someone similar as well to kill Moria after the revive.
Make sure you have enough to tank that around 20k hit of Moria when you kill him with the first Shiryu.

bjork

Kanjuro/Kinemon will return as all other colo characters return, right?

I haven't touched Chaos this time and probably won't get to.

mileS

Kanjuro/Kinemon will return as all other colo characters return, right?

I haven't touched Chaos this time and probably won't get to.

They sure will. Maybe not back together at the same time, but you know. I missed out on them both as well. Been a busy month, most of my free time is gone towards Destiny 2 and Yakuza 0.

Wasted the rest of my gems on trying to get Log Kid. At this rate I'll save towards the colo return of these two characters.

Top Bottom