• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One-Way ticket to Mars....sign up NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarlaxle

I'd need to meet these other 9 members going with me before deciding. I'm not getting stuck on Mars with a bunch of douches. Also, I need to procreate, regularly.

sleepykyo

I'm game. They are choosing a couple of females (regardless of lottery results) as well right?

Mars settlement. All male. Somehow don't see it lasting even if everything miraculously went well.

They should send convicts and people that are outcasts.

They will come back to conquer earth with superior technology. eg. Battletech and Martian Successor Nadeisco.
Or they'll most likely turn to rape, murder and a touch of cannibalism. And the second shipment will think they stepped foot on an Event Horizon sequel.

paile

Banned
Might as well. There's nothing on Earth for me anymore. No life, no friends, no job, no hope. Mars offers the opportunity of a fresh start.

injurai

Banned
I'm kinda of surprised that this is being undertaken. I know drones are really expensive, but I feel that such a big life decision wouldn't make for the greatest mindset when on a scientific expedition or colonization. We would have to consistently ship the supplies and such.

But hey it's about time we start using mars for our raw resources rather than Earth so...

.GqueB.

Banned
And those people are coming back...?

Actually, now that I look again it that part is kind of confusing. I think a crew that has nothing to do with the one that is being recruited will go first to establish the settlement then the people that are recruited through the method we saw in the OP will travel to Mars in groups of four. But yea, no one is coming back.

BraXzy

Do not want. Not till a 24 hour Mc D's is running!

It would be seriously cool if this does eventually happen.. come to think of it though it'd be pretty boring once your Phone/Vita/Kindle/DS ran out of battery unless they set up mega solar panels. And even then the game importing to mars would be tricky.

For reals though, could you imagine spending the rest of your life with a very small group of people you don't know that well? If they send a few every couple years you'd be looking at a low population count.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Nope.

It would be like being roommates with strangers in a cramped area with no stores, no new entertainment, and no internet access for the rest of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom