• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

MartyStu

I think Batman and Iron Man are both good, solid choices.

Superman seems obvious, but Kryptonite...

Wonder Woman could work, but she is too slow to deal with Flash or Superman.

If anyone is allowed to use Kryptonite in your defense, then I choose Flash or Green Lantern.

Otherwise? Iron Man or Batman.

I'm guessing that you start this scenario with your protector and those who are trying to kill you are all split up and some random distance from you, neither are they working together until they learn that they have a common goal because otherwise this is pretty bleak.

MightyKAC

Wait a minute, if I pick someone other than Batman, how much prep time does he have (along with the all the others) to find me?

Pilgrimzero

Depends on how pissed Superman is. Even Bats admits Superman could kill anyone in a split second and they'd never see it coming

StarVigil

1. Take Green Lantern and Harley Quinn.
2. Go to earth-like planet millions of light years away.
3. Be unreachable by anyone.
4. Get cock blocked by Green Lantern.
5. Surrender yourself.

Depends on how pissed Superman is. Even Bats admits Superman could kill anyone in a split second and they'd never see it coming

But he will always have second thoughts and delays while having an internal moral dilema. Plus kryptonite and magic.

Knowing beforehand who he will fight to, there will be no match for Batman. Flash is a solid choise too, he is too much overpowered and can do pratically everything.

jdstorm

Banned
I think Batman and Iron Man are both good, solid choices.

Superman seems obvious, but Kryptonite...

Wonder Woman could work, but she is too slow to deal with Flash or Superman.

If anyone is allowed to use Kryptonite in your defense, then I choose Flash or Green Lantern.

Otherwise? Iron Man or Batman.

That wouldn't do much. Superman could

A. Wear a protective suit and kill you with a conventional weapon at superspeed.
B. Drop an object on you from outerspace

Short of changing the timeline. None of the other characters could stop superman.

Plasma

Banned
You'd always want to pick Batman he could beat any of those other chumps and besides would you want him as one of the enemies coming after you? No thanks.

phanphare

Banned
spider man always figures it out

bring it on

2023684-725014_odds_1_super.jpg

This. I don't like it, but at least comic-wise, if Batman knew these heroes were coming for me, he'd put something together. Flash will get hit by PIS, so I'm not worried about him.

PIS is ignored for situations like this.

Also, everyone choosing Batman would die. Flash could easily cover every square inch of the Earth in the times it takes Batman to think. He isn't going to protect you.

I assume Robin is there because it's basically picking the 10 most famous Superheroes (minus the Hulk). Against the likes of the Flash then Wolverine and Cap are as useless as Robin. You'd be better having Silver Surfer, Thor, Shazam etc. than those guys.

That said if picking Robin meant all the Robin's working together that would be pretty sweet.

http://i.imgur.com/wFrkrLK.mp4

Future

Green lantern is probably the best at protecting, could just form a shield around you. But he'd lose. Flash would be able to get you out of danger and keep you out, but you'd die from the acceleration or the sheer speed of the wind hitting you.

Superman is by far the most OP and has the best chance of actually winning against the others. So Superman.

Supes will suck at hiding you, and will suck at defending against the other nine since some are strong enough to knock him around. Wonder Woman will punch you into the sky while batman sneaks and snaps your neck

Rooster12

But he will always have second thoughts and delays while having an internal moral dilema. Plus kryptonite and magic.

If Superman is coming to kill you, an innocent person.

Why would he have any internal moral dilemma? That's all out the window.

if Flash is so powerful, how come his enemies include a guy with a ice gun and a guy who throws boomerangs?

Because Batman isn't the only person that is allowed to have prep time.

99Luffy

Banned
Assuming green lantern has alot of pull at the corp. Id go under the lantern witness protection program in a far away planet with a sun thats superman doesnt like.

Daingurse

It's between Flash and Supes for me. Think I'm going with Flash due to Superman's weakness to kryptonite. Also, The Flash is a monster. Dude's powerset is insane. He could protect me quite well.

Flash: Cage of Piano-wire. Supes: Hold kryptonite and shoot him. You're pretty well fucked with everyone else.

Flash could just vibrate through the wire.

Green Lantern. Boom, I'm in space, that protects me from everyone but Superman.

Space is big, GL would know how to hide in space better than anyone.

Green Lantern.

Why? Because he could just take me off world, rendering all the others basically impotent.

Flash can run in space with the Speed Force.

Vanish

How does any choice that's not the Flash make any sense? And Batman and Robin would be the worst choices to pick by the way

i don't know much about The Flash outside that he's very fast.

is there a way to kill him?

He's outran Death. Not just any Death, but a version of Death specifically designed to catch speedsters that are too fast for normal Death.

He can also steal the kinetic energy from anything, rendering them a living, immobile statue forever.

He also beat a teleporter in a race across the universe because he was fast enough to finish the race before the neurons in the other person's brain could fire.

Barry I have a bomb tied to Iris's neck.

If I die she dies. Also I kidnapped her and I am not telling you where she is. Also I threw a few poisionous snakes in there too.

So you can kill me or you can scour the entire planet looking for her. Buh bye now.

Scouring the entire planet wouldn't even take Flash a second. He could find her, remove the bomb, return, and steal all of Batman's speed before Batman had a chance to do anything.

He's inexplicably punched out Superman level foes like Firelord

Deathstroke beat Flash simply by moving his sword a bit.

Flash is a chump

Both of these are usually ignored because they're so fucking dumb that they would never actually happen if plot didn't need them to happen.

Like, you think Flash would actually allow himself to get stabbed by Deathstroke?

Platy

Now, I don’t know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say “your taste in wine is atrocious”. He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his ass. He’s that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead he’s the hottest shit to ever shit on a plate. You got a power? He’ll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He’ll light you on fire when you’re sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of fuck you batman. That’s Batman.

But the fucking Flash, my god, my FUCKING GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman’s powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to ‘get in on’ then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that fucking hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else’s job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother fuck! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he’s having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he’s already gotten to Arizona. That’s fucking fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isn’t fucking enough! I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you’ve been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you’re about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he’s beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there’s more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain’t no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into shit but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be “okay” afterwards or FUCKING EXPLODE. That’s right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. IT’s bad enough you can’t hit this guy, but he doesn’t even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you’re thinking you’re about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He’s the fucking Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there’s someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it’s going slow and then he’s like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it’s going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There’s more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don’t even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let’s say Flash is fighting Superman and shit he’s going to lose and FUCK how is Superman THIS fucking strong? I don’t know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND. How do you beat this dude? You’re thinking you’re hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there’s a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn’t fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! Fuck you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet fucking russia! RUSH-A! Bitch.

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn’t fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You’d think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at lightspeed but NOOOO he’s even good in bed.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak greasefire.

Holy shit it has been what ... 5 years since I read this for the first time ?

No because Superman and Flash are not "killing you" type of guys.

Superman will teach you a lesson and flash will just lock you behind bars.

The premise is them trying to kill you. Therefore, regardless of whether they would normally kill or not, they're trying to kill you.

Most people in this thread: Quick Mr Flash, take me back in time...or do some other crazy speed-force style shit!

Flash: Sure, kid! But first I'll need my cosmic treadmill, on account of the fact that I don't want you to immediately disintegrate into a ravaged husk of a skeleton the moment I pull you into the speed-force!

Most people in this thread: Hark! Where is said treadmill?

Flash: The Justice League Watchtower, which Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern all have access to!

Most people in this thread: Hurray!

(Flash's mobile chimes with a message alert, he glances at his phone frowningly)

Most people in this thread: What is it?

Flash: Batman had the treadmill blasted into the vacuum of space 35 minutes ago.

Pretty sure there have been times Flash has traveled back in time without the treadmill. Plus, hasn't Flash extended his Speed Force protection to other people before? Hence why he can cary them at high speeds without friction being a thing.

You're glossing over a lot of details on that one.

Could you clarify then?

Replace robin with dr strange

Would anyone pick him?

Classic Strange? Oh, absolutely.

Platy

The premise is them trying to kill you. Therefore, regardless of whether they would normally kill or not, they're trying to kill you.

Yeah but they would not be totally into it....like not giving 100%

Replace robin and cap with dr strange and reed Richards

Still think flash would win though

Classic Strange is basicaly Batman with prep time ... the difference is just that batman would come up with a gadget and Strange would come up with a new magic

Ponn

Banned
I'm hesitant to pick Batman because even though he would have solid plans taking out everyone else his plan for Flash was always sloppy. If its an unleashed Flash with no reigns and the complete fuckery of Speedforce behind him I would be shitting my pants to have him coming for me. If Flash was just as unrestrained in protecting me I would have to go with Flash.

PSqueak

Banned
Replace robin and cap with dr strange and reed Richards

Still think flash would win though

If Reed Richards was an option, i could maybe concider it over flash, because most people think Reed's power is being stretchy, it isn't, Reed's real power is to pull bullshit super science out of his ass, he'd bullshit something to neutralize everybody else.

He got a little help from his friends.

Alright...could you clarify more?

Yeah but they would not be totally into it....like not giving 100%

I always assume bloodlust for these fictional vs threads, which is giving 100%.

Can Flash run underwater?

I don't recall a panel of him running underwater. But since he can run through space and air, I feel comfortable saying yes.

The most OP. If you die he'll just find the dragonballs and revive you. If he dies, someone will just revive him and he'll have a training arc where he comes back and beats all the heroes. Then revive you. And then revive them. Then repeat.

Technically true but not what I've seen of the flash. Nothing about the flash's power makes much sense though. He's apparently got normal-ish strength but can survive running into air particles at light speed.

He can pick and choose which laws of physics apply to him and which don't at any given moment. He can use Newton's 2nd Law for an Infinite Mass Punch while at the same time ignoring friction.

The thing with choosing flash is... Supes is almost as fast as he is depending on what you're using for source material. And he can fly, so he can take shortcuts that the flash can't(not to mention he can keep you outside of the flash's reach). Then he just needs to eyebeam the flash and everyone else.

Then again, it seems like in other incarnations the Flash is stupid OP himself. I suppose if you pick and choose most of the possible choices could beat everyone else.

Generally, Flash is much faster than Supes when he isn't holding back. And Flash can run through air and through space via lolSpeedForce.

Spiderman wrote an app on a smart phone to steals people's souls. And he did that in hours

Wait what? Like, actual soulfucking? I need a link to this. When did this happen?

Flash just steals everyone's speed and leaves them frozen for eternity.

gg no re

Seriously Flash has so many ways to dominate this fight it's ridiculous

This here is the biggie that almost no one can counter.

McLovin

I want to say flash or superman, maybe Wonder Woman, but it rally depends on prep time. Batman might be a good choice since he has a contingency plan for every superhero.

Now, I don’t know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say “your taste in wine is atrocious”. He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his ass. He’s that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead he’s the hottest shit to ever shit on a plate. You got a power? He’ll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He’ll light you on fire when you’re sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of fuck you batman. That’s Batman.

But the fucking Flash, my god, my FUCKING GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman’s powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to ‘get in on’ then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that fucking hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else’s job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother fuck! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he’s having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he’s already gotten to Arizona. That’s fucking fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isn’t fucking enough! I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you’ve been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you’re about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he’s beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there’s more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain’t no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into shit but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be “okay” afterwards or FUCKING EXPLODE. That’s right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. IT’s bad enough you can’t hit this guy, but he doesn’t even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you’re thinking you’re about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He’s the fucking Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there’s someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it’s going slow and then he’s like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it’s going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There’s more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don’t even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let’s say Flash is fighting Superman and shit he’s going to lose and FUCK how is Superman THIS fucking strong? I don’t know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND. How do you beat this dude? You’re thinking you’re hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there’s a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn’t fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! Fuck you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet fucking russia! RUSH-A! Bitch.

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn’t fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You’d think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at lightspeed but NOOOO he’s even good in bed.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak greasefire.

This is one of my favorite copypastas.

Actually, I choose Giorno Giovanni to protect me. The others haven't got shit on Golden Experience and his crew.

GER's auto-defence only really applies to Giorno though.

Cute, but we both know Superman ain't about that life, he wouldn't drop shit that could potentially hurt innocents.

And even if he did, Panther got contingencies on every motherfucker, including Galactus. You think he'd sweat Supes? Hilarious.

Understand that T'Challa is a better Batman than Batman with more and better resources. Understand that he IS about that life. Understand that T'Challa would deal with that Kryptonian punk like he would with any fool misguided enough to step to him. With ruthless efficiency.

Flash. One second, T'Challa is fine. Next, he's unable to move or speak due to Flash having stole his speed. He also did it to everyone else in Wakanka.

Oh, if we could pick anyone, then I'd take The Sentry. He can just rewrite reality.

If we could pick anyone, I'd choose The One Above All. Since he's you know, God.

The thread is really hammering home how silly overpowered Superman, Flash, and GL are. Power with no limitations besides writerly bullshit is boring. Not sure how people can complain about Batman's "plot armor" and "prep time" while defending literal gods.

It's not boring when the people they fight are even stronger. Or when the problems aren't combat-based.

Top Bottom