• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

Because they remember a time when Batman wasn't some paranoid annoying plot-armor guy who knows everything.

You know...back in the days when was only the greatest detective in the world with decent fighting skill who considers the JL as his best friends. Remember that? I guess you don't.

I do.

:_(

As far as literal gods, it matters less when the stories aren't all combat oriented. Give them quandaries, let them find solutions to the quandaries.

In any case, GL and Superman as written in modern times are less powerful, and Flash (for some reason) it the one whose power levels go up, not down.

Well none of them can take on the other 9 so the real question is which one can hide/transport you best. GL can travel across the entire universe and carry you with his powers so he'd probably be best.

edit - Well Flash can take you to another time also can't he? That's a pretty good place to hide.

Rvaan

Banned
If I am allowed to pick the GL then I'll go with GL because I trust Mogo to keep me safe. If not then Wonder Woman or Flash.

zulux21

I think I pick iron man.

he and batman both have the power of money, but iron man can publicly use his.

I have him just build me a super fortress.

as long as I have access to internet, and video games I am set.

Because they remember a time when Batman wasn't some paranoid annoying plot-armor guy who knows everything.

You know...back in the days when was only the greatest detective in the world with decent fighting skill who considers the JL as his best friends. Remember that? I guess you don't.
People don't remember when Superman wasn't even able to fly, just jump very high. Same deal.

Superman wouldn’t have to enter Wakanda airspace. He could drop the moon on Wakanda.

Black Panther wouldn’t know what hit him. Hell, he got smacked around by Bucky Barnes in Civil War. That’s barely above getting beaten on by green-panties-era Robin on the scale of embarrassing fight moments.

Cute, but we both know Superman ain't about that life, he wouldn't drop shit that could potentially hurt innocents.

And even if he did, Panther got contingencies on every motherfucker, including Galactus. You think he'd sweat Supes? Hilarious.

Understand that T'Challa is a better Batman than Batman with more and better resources. Understand that he IS about that life. Understand that T'Challa would deal with that Kryptonian punk like he would with any fool misguided enough to step to him. With ruthless efficiency.

Clefargle

Probably WW:

- Her strength is on supes level

- No easily exploitable weakness batman can use. ( he has stated this)

- Only character with fully indistructible armor. (Bracers) (wolverine's adamantium has been destroyed multiple times)

- Has an invisible jet I can chill in.

- Probably is better conversation than any of the others.

Sephzilla

Probably WW:

- Only character with fully indistructible armor. (Bracers) (wolverine's adamantium has been destroyed multiple times)

didn't batman have a contingency plan for her too?

Slayven

Probably WW:

except that being vulnerable to piercing damage

Which versions are we talking about? Pre-crisis, post-crisis, pre-52, new-52, rebirth, silver age, golden age, 616, ultimate, etc.? We talking composite versions of each character?

Composite-wise, it boils down to Green Lantern, Ironman, Superman, or The Flash. Each have done some crazy shit during their lifetimes. Ironman has his suits for every situation, the Green Lantern pictured doesn't look like Hal and it could be Kyle or somebody else. Kyle has done some insane shit too but is he Ion form? Superman..... Need I say more? The dude was dragging planets along with a chain! The same goes for The Flash as I said for Green Lantern. I don't know who is pictured and it could be Barry, Bart, or Wally. All three have done some crazy shit. Spiderman has also done some insane shit though.....

Damn.... If I had to choose it would be Superman. A composite Superman is one to be feared especially since the others are coming for the kill immediately. Supes will definitely fight to his best to protect you. But then again Ironman can just stick me in one of his most powerful suits. But then The Flash can just throw me into the speed force until he beats them all. Kyle can also revive me if I die.

Decisions, decisions....

Cute, but we both know Superman ain't about that life, he wouldn't drop shit that could potentially hurt innocents.

And even if he did, Panther got contingencies on every motherfucker, including Galactus. You think he'd sweat Supes? Hilarious.

Understand that T'Challa is a better Batman than Batman with more and better resources. Understand that he IS about that life. Understand that T'Challa would deal with that Kryptonian punk like he would with any fool misguided enough to step to him. With ruthless efficiency.
dude this is a topic about superheroes that people actually give a fuck about

wildfire

Banned
Batman could certainly fail, but I don't think any of the others have the slightest chance of out-maneuvering all the rest all by themselves. That might involve reasoning with them, incapacitating them, or figuring out who or what has turned them into killers and solving the problem at its root; all while keeping me not-dead. They're either ignorant of something, or not in they're right minds. Batman has the best shot at solving the problem holistically (if we can't call on the GL Corps.

If their motivation was an ethical issue, like "we're all in our right minds; this guy has to die so we can save the Earth!" then I'd be on their side, because I'm goddamn magnificent like that.

Barry would be best at delaying the inevitable, but I don't think he could definitely end the conflict. Or rather, he could using all his canon powers, but he wouldn't. He'd probably be my second choice though, and not just because he could kill me more easily than any of the others by an order of magnitude.

Really though, without the GL Corps I don't think I have much of a chance, especially if the others who were hunting me down are working together.

Exactly. The Flash as a good guy will be slow to use his bullshit powers. I would rather go with Spiderman.

Aske

Quoted for truth.

Wolverine. I don't think any of them could keep me safe from the others alone, and I'd least like to be killed by Logan. So he can fail to protect me.

Batman.
Because you wouldn't want him to be among the other 9 out on a hunt to kill you. He is the one who has taught up all the contigencies in taking you out.

Movie Wolverine has a shitty track record of protecting people (Rogue, japanese girl, Laura) They all lived but they all got kidnapped by people who have reason to keep them alive. And two of them were kidnapped by regular goons with guns. Also Wolverine would probably find some way to lose his healing factor as soon as he is tasked with protecting me.

Black Panther been trending on twitter 2 years before his film coming out.

Recognise greatness.
It trended on twitter two years ago, damn! Someone put it up at the long list of accomplishment for d level comic book superheros. Go make a superhero topic about other irrelevant superheroes dude, you're wasting bandwidth here with the stanning.

4bUV7Ls.gif

Robin if it's Tim.
Code:
[img]http://pm1.narvii.com/6227/b2a8ffb963af17e824d65bb0eca11b67866bc1c7_hq.jpg[/img]
You wanna talk about Bruce having contingencies? Shit.
Well, if you choose Batman, you run the risk of him making you a Robin which increases your mortality rate to 100% (I'm positive every Robin has died at least once).
Dick has never died.
Current versions of all previous Robins....Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown and Damien Wayne have all teamed up to protect you. For the sake of stylistic continuity, they're all wearing their old Robin outfits. Alfred is making them all sandwiches, and Damien is acting like an even whinier version of Scrappy Doo, as per usual.
Fuck I'd take Robin. Shit, no question. Dick leading, Tim the brains, Jason the muscle, Damien the wild card, Stephanie the...Stephanie.
Traditionally, Alfred never grills his sandwiches, serving them instead in the traditional afternoon style. As the thinness of the bread is a point of pride in his kitchen, a dense-textured white Pullman loaf is cut with a wide-bladed knife, which guides the cut; daylight passing through the resulting fine pores. The peel of a single cucumber is then either removed or scored lengthwise with a fork before the cucumber is sliced. The slices of bread are carefully buttered all the way to the edges in the thinnest coating, which is only to prevent the bread from becoming damp with cucumber juice, and the slices of cucumber, which have been dashed with salt and lemon juice, are placed in the sandwich just before serving in order to prevent the sandwich from becoming damp enough to moisten the eater's fingers. The crusts of the bread are cut away cleanly, creating the sandwiches themselves, before presented by the dedicated butler to his ravenous guests.
I said goddamn

Azazzel

Now, I don't know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say ”your taste in wine is atrocious". He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his ass. He's that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead he's the hottest shit to ever shit on a plate. You got a power? He'll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He'll light you on fire when you're sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of fuck you batman. That's Batman.

But the fucking Flash, my god, my FUCKING GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman's powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to ‘get in on' then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that fucking hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else's job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother fuck! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he's having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he's already gotten to Arizona. That's fucking fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isn't fucking enough! I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you've been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you're about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he's beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there's more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain't no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into shit but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be ”okay" afterwards or FUCKING EXPLODE. That's right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. IT's bad enough you can't hit this guy, but he doesn't even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you're thinking you're about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He's the fucking Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there's someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it's going slow and then he's like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it's going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There's more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don't even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let's say Flash is fighting Superman and shit he's going to lose and FUCK how is Superman THIS fucking strong? I don't know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND. How do you beat this dude? You're thinking you're hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there's a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn't fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! Fuck you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet fucking russia! RUSH-A! Bitch.

Oh, and lastly his greatest power is he isn't fast in bed. He takes it slow and gets all the ladies with his superpowers then actually satisfies them in the sack. Who the Hell is this guy? You'd think he could AT LEAST be a premature ejaculator since his penis is moving at lightspeed but NOOOO he's even good in bed.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Wolverine sucks cock and should go die in a freak greasefire.

Lulubop

Batman is such a trash gray stu character. Anyway the answer ia the flash because he can hid you out in another era or something

Nester99

Batman is such a trash gray stu character. Anyway the answer ia the flash because he can hid you out in another era or something

Does Flash have Dr Wells and Cisco telling him "YOU CAN DO IT BARRY"

If not, Flash is just going to stand there feel sorry for himself and get sucker punched.

Green Lantern. He has the core at his back. I could just be relocated to a different planet or hang with the guardians. I hear Mogo is nice this time of year.

If you picked Batman you're dead. If his prep time was worth anything you wouldn't be in this situation to begin with, but since you are it stands to reason that version of Batman isn't prep time Batman.

MisterHero

I had a semi-long post describing how T'Challa would lose to Superman via Torquasm-Vo but I'll spare it and just say Superman uses 'Tor-Vo' on BP and wins and becomes king of Wakanda.

yeah

No one ever expects Torquasm-Vo.

A big LOL to people thinking Batman needs prep time.

You don't need time to prepare if you're just always prepared.

Another vote for Batman.

It trended on twitter two years ago, damn! Someone put it up at the long list of accomplishment for d level comic book superheros. Go make a superhero topic about other irrelevant superheroes dude, you're wasting bandwidth here with the stanning.

4bUV7Ls.gif

Arguing that Black Panther is irrelevant

Is named LegendofDragoonLives

Kelsdesu

I had a semi-long post describing how T'Challa would lose to Superman via Torquasm-Vo but I'll spare it and just say Superman uses 'Tor-Vo' on BP and wins and becomes king of Wakanda.

yeah

No one ever expects Torquasm-Vo.

The King of the dead unleashes zombie silver surfer on Superman.

Done.

Edit:

King of the Dead: as "King of the Dead," T'Challa is able to take command of the dead itself. He was able to take control of an entire army of zombies[121] and order the spirits of the Necropolis to aid him in his fight with Tetu.[132]

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/T%27Challa_(Earth-616)

Top Bottom