• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

Psh, Batman with “prep time.” He’s fighting for my life, not making a soufflé. Superman would destroy him.

Prep time is meaningless. Prep time was something borne out of writers feeling sorry for Batman being the drippy pussy of the JLA so they needed to try and explain why anyone sees him as capable enough to roll with the adults. Prep time ain’t gonna mean shit if he doesn’t see what’s coming. And Superman is just behind the Flash in speed. Batman is paste.

And since Captain America is just a broke Batman without an education and with a government-approved steroid problem...well, let’s just say it’s a good thing military funeral honors are free. Hopefully they can find a red, white, and blue bucket to put his HGH-soaked remains in.

As for the Flash just running back in time and killing the rest of the group as babies, unless he can tiptoe on particles of stardust, he isn’t touching baby Kal El. And if he wanted to kill baby Clark, he’d better hope he has a kryptonite diaper handy cuz baby Clark could still crush Barry’s windpipe.

Besides, what’s to stop Superman from doing this:

8jcDYev.gif

Nothing. He’d just go back to before Barry had any powers and inhale some pepper from Batman’s prep time soufflé, sneeze, and watch the spit particles tear through Barry’s big head like gooey bullets.

There’s a reason that Superman translates to Yahweh in Hebrew. He’s impossibly strong, super smart, has laser eyes, freeze breath, and is insanely fast. He can kill you before you know he wants you dead. He can stuff your head into your ass and wear you like a belt around his stupid red panties without breaking a sweat. You can’t even hide from him because he sees through shit.

“But I have a bomb shelter lined with lead,” you say. Good job, dipshit. He just heard you say that from space. He could stay in orbit and take a shit that would destroy your bunker if he flexes his sphincter hard enough.

And if somehow someone is able to put up a slight battle before their inevitable end, and that battle happens to damage any great walls?

ry4QkqW.gif

Boom.

Ya'll sleepin on GL. He could take you across the universe to Oa, which is the biggest police station in the universe. Thousands and thousands of Green Lanterns ready to guard you from anything. Supes and Batman can't take on the entire Corps.

Green Lanterns suffer from something like the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope, 1 ninja is a badass mofo, but a bunch of them are jobbers. A bunch of corps members in one place probably means another comic event to kill tons of them is around the corner.

The more GLs there are, the less effective they become. And it is Hal, Hal is garbage

Green Lanterns suffer from something like the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope, 1 ninja is a badass mofo, but a bunch of them jobbers. A bunch of corps members in one place probably means another comic event to kill tons of them is around the corner.
Lmao this is true tho how many times has the corps been wiped out

I still think they could take a few Justice Leaguers.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Most people in this thread: Quick Mr Flash, take me back in time...or do some other crazy speed-force style shit!

Flash: Sure, kid! But first I'll need my cosmic treadmill, on account of the fact that I don't want you to immediately disintegrate into a ravaged husk of a skeleton the moment I pull you into the speed-force!

Most people in this thread: Hark! Where is said treadmill?

Flash: The Justice League Watchtower, which Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern all have access to!

Most people in this thread: Hurray!

(Flash's mobile chimes with a message alert, he glances at his phone frowningly)

Most people in this thread: What is it?

Flash: Batman had the treadmill blasted into the vacuum of space 35 minutes ago.

PSqueak

Banned
Judging people by their losses is not a good outcome because otherwise Flash is garbage since he lost to Deathstroke. Someone will probably find Batman, Superman and etc losing to people that they shouldn't.

1787038-deathstrokeflash.jpg

i hate this sort of bullshit, writers have to intentionally write the characters wrong to give the human level guys a chance.

It's why people think batman can beat anybody, as much as i love batman, whenever people come up with him beating up much more powerful characters is because writters intentionally write said characters dumber or suddenly not accessing their full powers so batman can have a chance.

And then we have this, Flash can in a second or so read and educate himself a full library worth of architecture and construction books, gather materials, and rebuild an entire apartment complex. But oh no! for no reason whatsoever now he's running "slow" enough for deathstroke to stab him!

Most people in this thread: Quick Mr Flash, take me back in time...or do some other crazy speed-force style shit!

Flash: Sure, kid! But first I'll need my cosmic treadmill, on account of the fact that I don't want you to immediately disintegrate into a ravaged husk of a skeleton the moment I pull you into the speed-force!

Flash: The Justice League Watchtower, which Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern all have access to!

(Flash's mobile chimes with a message alert, he glances at his phone frowningly)

Flash: Batman had the treadmill blasted into the vacuum of space 35 minutes ago.

That's if you choose bitch ass Barry Allen. Wally don't need no damn treadmill to travel through time.

Injustice 2 Flash doesn't need a cosmic treadmill.

Still, I'd pick Superman.

Spiderman wrote an app on a smart phone to steals people's souls. And he did that in hours

Superman has a miracle machine in his head.

People also forget that Hal used to regularly use his ring to time travel.

And Deathstroke lost that fight by the way. He only successfully stalled them. Within his scope to stall the JLA for a minute. He's not Batman, he has superpowers.

Why GL wins:

Wormholes & Spacial Warps: The power ring grants its wearer access to wormholes in space, enabling the ring wielder to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport. The Guardians established at least one known wormhole to Oa, which required the use of a power ring to enter. Black holes can be navigated by experienced ring wielders.

[...]

Time Travel: Time travel is possible with the power ring, though the further forward in time a ring wielder travels, the more willpower it takes. As Green Lantern, Hal Jordan once explored as far as the 70th century. Jordan had also traveled to the 58th century as Pol Manning, a role later adopted by Salakk of Slyggia. The ring also granted the wearer the ability to communicate telepathically with other people from different points in time.[4]

NeonBlack

I pick the guy who has a secret plan to stop all his friends. And can probably buy a really strong magnet for Wolverine/Iron Man.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Flash just steals everyone's speed and leaves them frozen for eternity.

gg no re

Seriously Flash has so many ways to dominate this fight it's ridiculous

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Psh, Batman with “prep time.” He’s fighting for my life, not making a soufflé. Superman would destroy him.

Prep time is meaningless. Prep time was something borne out of writers feeling sorry for Batman being the drippy pussy of the JLA so they needed to try and explain why anyone sees him as capable enough to roll with the adults. Prep time ain’t gonna mean shit if he doesn’t see what’s coming. And Superman is just behind the Flash in speed. Batman is paste.

You don't read comics much, do you?

kewlmyc

Was going to pick Superman, but dude has way to many things that can kill him.

I'd pick either Wonder Woman or Flash. IIRC, WW is the only character Batman doesn't have a set strategy against, and Flash is stupidly busted depending on the writer.

If Batman gets Alfred to help out than Green Lantern gets to use the Corp. for support. In that case, GL. Sure, GL might have a battle on his hands but once the rest of the crew shows up with Kryptonite in tow to stop Supes, the battle is over before it even began and I'm on my way home to kick my feet up and catch the NBA draft.

DemiMatt

Power level is irrelevant here. What matters is what makes an interesting story.

A comic book about Robin protecting a human from 9 gods and demi-gods and losing is piss-poor storytelling.

I'm going with Robin and I'm counting on story conventions and tropes to save my life.

Haha, this is the best answer if we're talking in the realm of Comic Books. Pretty much whomever you chose to save you would be the victor from a Story POV.

I'll go with Hal, hopefully a blue or red ring will find him and make him super charged!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
gotta go Batman since he most likely has already planned for it and prepared

you know why this doesn't matter?

any plan you make needs to actually be implemented

at some point you have to pull out a thing or press a switch or hit a button or give a command

when you're facing more than one hero that can move on you faster than you can blink, you are fucked no matter what

Batman is a great character, but let's not be dumb about this

The thing is if all nine are coming at you at once there is no escape. You have genius level spidey and Tony working with bats and superman against you if you chose flash. Then you have GL can shield all nine from flash's attacks.
Also supes and spidey with time travel tech can kill baby flash. Or maybe it will be a race to see who can kill the baby versions the fastest.
Also marvel heroes are from a different universe so just can't baby kill them. By the time you figure out which universe they came from bats time prep gets you killed. Unless you kill baby bats first.

Sephzilla

Psh, Batman with ”prep time." He's fighting for my life, not making a soufflé. Superman would destroy him.

Prep time is meaningless. Prep time was something borne out of writers feeling sorry for Batman being the drippy pussy of the JLA so they needed to try and explain why anyone sees him as capable enough to roll with the adults. Prep time ain't gonna mean shit if he doesn't see what's coming. And Superman is just behind the Flash in speed. Batman is paste.

And since Captain America is just a broke Batman without an education and with a government-approved steroid problem...well, let's just say it's a good thing military funeral honors are free. Hopefully they can find a red, white, and blue bucket to put his HGH-soaked remains in.

As for the Flash just running back in time and killing the rest of the group as babies, unless he can tiptoe on particles of stardust, he isn't touching baby Kal El. And if he wanted to kill baby Clark, he'd better hope he has a kryptonite diaper handy cuz baby Clark could still crush Barry's windpipe.

Besides, what's to stop Superman from doing this:

8jcDYev.gif

Nothing. He'd just go back to before Barry had any powers and inhale some pepper from Batman's prep time soufflé, sneeze, and watch the spit particles tear through Barry's big head like gooey bullets.

There's a reason that Superman translates to Yahweh in Hebrew. He's impossibly strong, super smart, has laser eyes, freeze breath, and is insanely fast. He can kill you before you know he wants you dead. He can stuff your head into your ass and wear you like a belt around his stupid red panties without breaking a sweat. You can't even hide from him because he sees through shit.

”But I have a bomb shelter lined with lead," you say. Good job, dipshit. He just heard you say that from space. He could stay in orbit and take a shit that would destroy your bunker if he flexes his sphincter hard enough.

And if somehow someone is able to put up a slight battle before their inevitable end, and that battle happens to damage any great walls?

ry4QkqW.gif

Boom.

As Flashpoint pointed out, Flash doesn't need to do anything major to affect the fate of Superman. Flash going back in time to save his mom created a ripple effect that resulted in Bruce Wayne no longer being Batman and Superman being locked up in an underground lab where he was never exposed to the sun. Now imagine if Flash did some more shit that was deliberately to stop the rest of those heroes from happening. Alternatively, Flash could hop to a parallel universe and get that universe's version of Superman to come help him out.

Flash is still the #1 choice

You don't read comics much, do you?

If you’re implying that I didn’t do decades worth of in depth research so that my fictional battle with fictional characters sounded more plausible than anyone else’s and that I wasn’t being 100% serious, I’ll have you know I’m offended.

If Batman gets Alfred to help out than Green Lantern gets to use the Corp. for support. In that case, GL. Sure, GL might have a battle on his hands but once the rest of the crew shows up with Kryptonite in tow to stop Supes, the battle is over before it even began and I'm on my way home to kick my feet up and catch the NBA draft.

Nah. Green Lantern’s weakness is the color yellow. I’ll just paint myself yellow and lay in a field of dandelions while Superman in a banana costume smacks the shit out of him.

Nice power, Green Lantern.

Steel

Banned
The thing with choosing flash is... Supes is almost as fast as he is depending on what you're using for source material. And he can fly, so he can take shortcuts that the flash can't(not to mention he can keep you outside of the flash's reach). Then he just needs to eyebeam the flash and everyone else.

Then again, it seems like in other incarnations the Flash is stupid OP himself. I suppose if you pick and choose most of the possible choices could beat everyone else.

Nah. Green Lantern’s weakness is the color yellow. I’ll just paint myself yellow and lay in a field of dandelions while Superman in a banana costume smacks the shit out of him.

Nice power, Green Lantern.
That stopped being a thing ages ago. And if the GLC has White Lantern Kyle Rayner on their side, it shouldn't be a problem. He's basically Jesus.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Green Lanterns suffer from something like the Conservation of Ninjutsu trope, 1 ninja is a badass mofo, but a bunch of them are jobbers. A bunch of corps members in one place probably means another comic event to kill tons of them is around the corner.

Oa ain't shit.

That stopped being a thing ages ago. And if the GLC has White Lantern Kyle Rayner on their side, it shouldn't be a problem. He's basically Jesus.

Just tell Kyle you bought him a fridge and he'd have a nervous breakdown.

The thing with choosing flash is... Supes is almost as fast as he is depending on what you're using for source material. And he can fly, so he can take shortcuts that the flash can't(not to mention he can keep you outside of the flash's reach). Then he just needs to eyebeam the flash and everyone else.

Then again, it seems like in other incarnations the Flash is stupid OP himself. I suppose if you pick and choose most of the possible choices could beat everyone else.
How is flash traveling at light speed NOT flying? At those speeds, the gravity of a planet is irrelevant.

Steel

Banned

The most OP. If you die he'll just find the dragonballs and revive you. If he dies, someone will just revive him and he'll have a training arc where he comes back and beats all the heroes. Then revive you. And then revive them. Then repeat.

How is flash traveling at light speed NOT flying? At those speeds, the gravity of a planet is irrelevant.

Technically true but not what I've seen of the flash. Nothing about the flash's power makes much sense though. He's apparently got normal-ish strength but can survive running into air particles at light speed.

Pizza

They're coming for /me/ right?

Like, my head on a steak is the primary objective?

It's batman. He'd figure out a safe spot, get some shit ready to put the other 9 on the back foot and then reveal he had me sent somewhere else before they even came

Superman couldn't stop all 9 at once tbh

But why does GL get the entire Corps at his side? That poster said that if Batman gets Alfred, GL gets the Corps. Because somehow one geriatric man is equal to an army of super powered beings?

Sephzilla

But why does GL get the entire Corps at his side? That poster said that if Batman gets Alfred, GL gets the Corps. Because somehow one geriatric man is equal to an army of super powered beings?

I think the general principal is if you're going to allow Batman to have his #1 source for help, then GL should be entitled to having help as well.

Also, Alfred isn't just a geriatric old man

PSqueak

Banned
It's Flash. Batman wouldn't kill me anyway, so his prep time means nothing.

You know you bring a very good point.

Of the characters in there, Batman is the one with the most hardcore "no kill" rule, even superman is more likely to actually want to kill you, Batman's no kill rule means whatever he wants with you doesn't involve killing and likely doesn't involve letting others kill you.

So no matter who you choose, chances are Batman will actively be trying to capture you but also preventing others from killing you.

The most OP. If you die he'll just find the dragonballs and revive you. If he dies, someone will just revive him and he'll have a training arc where he comes back and beats all the heroes. Then revive you.

Technically true but not what I've seen of the flash. Nothing about the flash's power makes much sense though.
The Flash can vibrate his molecular structure to the point that he can run through walls and other obstacles. Dude could run around the entire Earth in a straight line if he wanted to.

Top Bottom