• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One will protect you, the other nine are coming to kill you...

Plot twist: It's Zack Snyder's Batman

fb0.jpg
I'd just yell "Martha!" and run while he curls up into a ball or whatever.

Steel

Banned

You know you bring a very good point.

Of the characters in there, Batman is the one with the most hardcore "no kill" rule, even superman is more likely to actually want to kill you, Batman's no kill rule means whatever he wants with you doesn't involve killing and likely doesn't involve letting others kill you.

So no matter who you choose, chances are Batman will actively be trying to capture you but also preventing others from killing you.

He'd leave you out to hang for other people to kill you though.

The Flash can vibrate his molecular structure to the point that he can run through walls and other obstacles. Dude could run around the entire Earth in a straight line if he wanted to.

That's exactly what I mean about the flash. So, when he punches people after moving at the speed of light, the recoil goes.... Where?

Kelsdesu

In prparation for this thread Batman steals the Atom's tech and hires eight people to live inside the brains of each individual (or stay in close proximity in small form). Upon any conflict the sleepers are activated thus killing the individuals.

So Batman.

Edit: receipt.
23w51j9d7iwy.jpg

PSqueak

Banned
He'd leave you out to hang for other people to kill you though.

No, he'd stay there and go like "no! we must bring him to justice, we don't kill!" and then start fighting the others long enough for flash to snatch me while batman fights the others.

Segata Sanshiro! Let the other ten try and fail! I'll be happily playing SEGA Saturn, while he kills them for trying to kill me irl rather than playing SEGA Saturn, or just playing against me and killing me in the game.

Thats the only real answer right here!
tenor.gif

SANSHIROOOOOOOOO!!

Aske

Hal Jordan, because then I'd have the whole GL Corps backing me up.

Without the Corps though...I think Batman would be the only one with the wits to cover all bases and account for all variables. None of the others would have the strategic ability to cope with protecting an almost gratuitously murderable human from the rest.

SpaceWolf

Banned
But why does GL get the entire Corps at his side? That poster said that if Batman gets Alfred, GL gets the Corps. Because somehow one geriatric man is equal to an army of super powered beings?

You obviously don't possess the faintest understanding of the true and eternal value of Alfred Pennyworth.

Rooster12

Everyone saying that Batman has contingent plans.

Well guess what, every time those contingencies were used agains the JL they were either mindcontrolled, or they were taken by surprise when they were just minding their own business. Meaning that, none of them were actually fighting Batman.

This I assume is different, they're coming to kill, bloodlusted, and they are in their right mind. Oh, and I'm sure they have prep as well. This is a lot different.

i hate this sort of bullshit, writers have to intentionally write the characters wrong to give the human level guys a chance.

It's why people think batman can beat anybody, as much as i love batman, whenever people come up with him beating up much more powerful characters is because writters intentionally write said characters dumber or suddenly not accessing their full powers so batman can have a chance.

And then we have this, Flash can in a second or so read and educate himself a full library worth of architecture and construction books, gather materials, and rebuild an entire apartment complex. But oh no! for no reason whatsoever now he's running "slow" enough for deathstroke to stab him!

Yup. It's basically the Silver Surfer treatment in Marvel. Writers introduce PIS and somehow cosmic beings become jobbers to mere mortals.

If written according to their powers, Flash like SS, are damn near unbeatable.

In prparation for this thread Batman steals the Atom's tech and hires eight people to live inside the brains of each individual (or stay in close proximity in small form). Upon any conflict the sleepers are activated thus killing the individuals.

So Batman.

Edit: receipt.
23w51j9d7iwy.jpg
What's that from?

Rooster12

Barry I have a bomb tied to Iris's neck.

If I die she dies. Also I kidnapped her and I am not telling you where she is. Also I threw a few poisionous snakes in there too.

So you can kill me or you can scour the entire planet looking for her. Buh bye now.

So if the Flash is coming to kill you. Some innocent person on GAF.

Why would he care if Iris has a bomb on her neck?

You don't read comics much, do you?

And if you do read comics....you would know Batman has gotten his ass kicked by plenty of people...even when he had prep time.

Rvaan

Banned
Is Wolverine the only one who doesn't have a no kill rule? I don't know enough about them but I think that technicality would make me choose him. All the other heroes would pussy out and not actually kill me.
Wonder Woman will kill people.

Aske

Batman could certainly fail, but I don't think any of the others have the slightest chance of out-maneuvering all the rest all by themselves. That might involve reasoning with them, incapacitating them, or figuring out who or what has turned them into killers and solving the problem at its root; all while keeping me not-dead. They're either ignorant of something, or not in they're right minds. Batman has the best shot at solving the problem holistically (if we can't call on the GL Corps.

If their motivation was an ethical issue, like "we're all in our right minds; this guy has to die so we can save the Earth!" then I'd be on their side, because I'm goddamn magnificent like that.

Barry would be best at delaying the inevitable, but I don't think he could definitely end the conflict. Or rather, he could using all his canon powers, but he wouldn't. He'd probably be my second choice though, and not just because he could kill me more easily than any of the others by an order of magnitude.

Really though, without the GL Corps I don't think I have much of a chance, especially if the others who were hunting me down are working together.

The thread is really hammering home how silly overpowered Superman, Flash, and GL are. Power with no limitations besides writerly bullshit is boring. Not sure how people can complain about Batman's "plot armor" and "prep time" while defending literal gods.

a916

Superman. He'll solo all of them.

Supeeeeeeeeeeees.

Or The Flash. He'll dump me in the speed force and then solve the problem.

Sephzilla

Have flash dimension hop to another dimension and bring back this guy

giphy.gif

Superman. He'll solo all of them.

Supeeeeeeeeeeees.

Or The Flash. He'll dump me in the speed force and then solve the problem.

I think if you aren't a speedster you cant survive in the speed force?

Rooster12

Not sure how people can complain about Batman's "plot armor" and "prep time" while defending literal gods.

Because they remember a time when Batman wasn't some paranoid annoying plot-armor guy who knows everything.

You know...back in the days when was only the greatest detective in the world with decent fighting skill who considers the JL as his best friends. Remember that? I guess you don't.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Batman, easy. I bet he'd even let me chill in his mansion while he fucks them all up.

Top Bottom