• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One year ago today I was diagnosed with cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisaya

Guuuuoorrrlllllll I'm gonna cry <3333 You're an incredibly strong and wonderful person, and I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I can't wait till you visit! (Or I visit ;) )

lightus

Boss Status
43Pa3t3.gif

KITCHEN DON'T PLAY

Seriously though, I'm happy I could help in any way. I know you'd do the same.

Delio

No not the tears right now.

tumblr_mneqtzpntT1s6dqhro1_400.gif

Sis you know your one of my best friends. I consider you to truely be like a sibling to me. You are truely strong to make it through this and I am so happy you made it. I can't wait for Florida!

43Pa3t3.gif

KITCHEN DON'T PLAY

Seriously though, I'm happy I could help in any way. I know you'd do the same.

Aw, thanks Travis. <3

Guuuuoorrrlllllll I'm gonna cry <3333 You're an incredibly strong and wonderful person, and I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I can't wait till you visit! (Or I visit ;) )

sobbing right now i cant ;_;

I'm so proud of you for being so strong, Alex! And I'm really really really proud to have you as a friend.

ur my fave!!!! xo <3 #bitchcreek

Brought a tear to me eye. All hail the overlord of bitchcreek!

J4Ncm.gif
J4Ncm.gif
J4Ncm.gif
J4Ncm.gif
J4Ncm.gif
J4Ncm.gif
J4Ncm.gif
J4Ncm.gif

I can't with you guys right now. ;_;

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you and it's wonderful to hear all the good that has come as a result of something so bad. I'm glad I could help brighten your spirits every so often with a nice comment or two as well. I think we only saw each other like once in passing while I lived in Chicago but I'm sure we would have been great friends in person too. Looking forward to following your trip on Facebook this summer.

Thanks Jon. I'll be posting tons of photos and Vine videos, haha.

No not the tears right now.

tumblr_mneqtzpntT1s6dqhro1_400.gif

Sis you know your one of my best friends. I consider you to truely be like a sibling to me. You are truely strong to make it through this and I am so happy you made it. I can't wait for Florida!

2450di1.jpg

turnbuckle

this story just made my day. I'm sitting on the can and have a happy tear running down my face. only sharing that image because it made me laugh. :)

glad to hear you're doing great. awesome pictures too. thank you for sharing with us!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had a friend who was in great humour after having a testicle removed. Now any time he gets hit there he says "ow my ball" and everyone gets a good chuckle.

I've never met anyone that's chosen to get a prosthesis after the fact. In my head I think if it ever happened to me I would, but I guess if it feels fine without one, who really cares?

I had a friend who was in great humour after having a testicle removed. Now any time he gets hit there he says "ow my ball" and everyone gets a good chuckle.

I've never met anyone that's chosen to get a prosthesis after the fact. In my head I think if it ever happened to me I would, but I guess if it feels fine without one, who really cares?

It feels fine. It's not the same feeling as the real one, but you honestly forget about it.

Honestly when they bring it up with you it's almost an afterthought. So, you want it or not? and you just sort of decide on the spot.

After 10 years, If I had to choose again, I might do it again, but it's so inconsequential in the long run I don't really care. (Though it is on the very lowest priority of all the prosthetic devices I have installed in me, but that's a completely different story)

Stories like this make me feel warm and fuzzy. Happy ending, I suppose?

Either way, I do hope that things stay great for you. Sometimes I think life just feels great when things like this happen.

I totally wish I could high-five you.

0193-highfive-30px.png

Love you too! :)

Great story.

Aww, thanks. <3

Yeah, I'm fine with my decision to not have one put in. It really doesn't look that different on me anyway and works all the same.

Gurl Your story made me shed some tears ;_; I'm glad you're doing fine right now<3

iBr7MQXo7ExH6.gif

Aww, thanks Vic.
3AQmK.gif

Heart warming and inspirational story. Read it from start to finish. Its an incredible achievement to survive cancer. I wish you great health and a good future onwards.

sH78aAh.jpg

Fuck yeah!

Congratulations man! I know too damn well the shitstorm of having to go through chemotherapy. Probably some of the most agonizing times of my life. Cancer sucks so much ass.

Its good to see that you got through and are living life well! Just keep on living life to its fullest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom